• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STL BarWarz Melee tournament-PLEASE LOOK AT ALL CHANGES BEFORE COMING!!!

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, doubles time permitting. I'll try to keep things streamlined and moving quick so we have time.

:phone:

sa1vy

Smash Cadet
I may decide to come to this... On winter break here in stl, and kinda bored lol. Thing is, I don't really play much melee... Like, I'm pretty bad. I might come for the fun though. If someone brings p:m I'd be more inclined to come.

sa1vy

Smash Cadet
Also, if I come I can bring a wii and a crt tv, but no melee or memory stick (sry). Will that get my venue fee waved? (I have a copy of brawl with me, but I'm thinking no one here plays that game.)

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Also, if I come I can bring a wii and a crt tv, but no melee or memory stick (sry). Will that get my venue fee waved? (I have a copy of brawl with me, but I'm thinking no one here plays that game.)
No venue fee for this tourney. Please still bring the set up though. The bar only has flat screens.

So I dont have a ride to this anymore. So, this will still be going on, but I dont have a way there, so I dont think I'll be in attendance.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Dart, are you and Luke not going for sure? I'll have to change the title to Atma if I can confirm he's going. Was looking forward to meeting you. I may be doing a part time job in Peoria in the near future (once a month), so hopefully I'll get to smash with you sometime.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
A couple people do play brawl. Cook is one, and I hear he's actually very good. Go ahead an bring it for friendlies or maybe P:M.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
AND, this is the last time I'm changing the schedule, so plan accordingly:
Registration @ 4PM (Friday Jan 4)
Doubles @ 5PM
Singles pools approx. 7PM, NLT 7:30. If we're running way behind, no pools will take place and we'll go straight to bracket.
Singles Bracket approx 8:30-9.
Estimated finish time 11-11:30

This is also posted in clearer detail on the event page.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Dart, are you and Luke not going for sure? I'll have to change the title to Atma if I can confirm he's going. Was looking forward to meeting you. I may be doing a part time job in Peoria in the near future (once a month), so hopefully I'll get to smash with you sometime.

As far as I'm aware, no for both of us yes.

SS4 Shinobi

Smash Cadet
Me and Bert will officially be there! Also frizzle dizzle, I'll be comin from kc actually. so if u wanna ride with me u can! but u'd need a ride back to kc from como. caus after the tourney i'll go back to como. which is less than a 2 hour drive to kc if u can find a ride. there's also like under $15 trains that go through como to kc.

Cook

Smash Master
I would totally play Brawl if there are enough setups for the actual tournament. Or P:M, but I like Brawl better.

MOJoe

Smash Cadet
How do you rsvp? I would love to come and bring my doubles partner, but I don't see exactly how to rsvp.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
How do you rsvp? I would love to come and bring my doubles partner, but I don't see exactly how to rsvp.
Sweet, you just did! I will put your gamer tag down on the list of entrants.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, small, but important announcement. The venue has set the price of entering the tournament at $10, not $5. Doubles will remain at $10 per team. Payout percentages are the same. Sorry about the misinformation before, but hey, no venue fee right!?

Also, it's come to my attention that we will be sharing this space with some other game tournaments going on in the same area. This will limit our communication (I can't bring in my PA speakers) and space a little more than I anticipated. We still have 4PM-AsLateAsWeWant to hold the tourney, so that is good. There are no changes to our schedule, so doubles are still good. But because of potential space issues, friendlies (and/or P:M and brawl fun) may be limited. We will find out how much extra space we can occupy when we get there and play by ear.

You can also check out stlbarwarz's blog page for a complete list of tourneys being played on jan 4. http://stlbarwarz.tumblr.com/

Thank you and apologies for any inconvenience. Please bring set ups and power strips.

schlafly

Smash Rookie
so now that teams is official for this...who needs a teammate? :)

i play spacies and marth, i'm joseph on the stl melee group if you're in that for reference.

MOJoe

Smash Cadet
Will these CRT TV's be widescreen? I play on a widescreen LCD, so if it's not going to be widescreen, I'll need to practice on something else since the dash lag/timing is different.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Will these CRT TV's be widescreen? I play on a widescreen LCD, so if it's not going to be widescreen, I'll need to practice on something else since the dash lag/timing is different.
Nope, traditional 4:3 aspect ratio TV's will be there.

MOJoe

Smash Cadet
Nope, traditional 4:3 aspect ratio TV's will be there.

Ok. Thank you. Is that what most tournaments play on? I saw that apex 2012 was played on widescreen, but I wasn't sure if that was just for big tourneys or something. And the one tourney I've been to was played on LCD tv's, but it was full of people that didn't know metagame techniques.

Top Bottom