• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STL BarWarz Melee tournament-PLEASE LOOK AT ALL CHANGES BEFORE COMING!!!

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if there happen to be any widescreen CRT TV's there we'll set them to 4:3 mode so the game isn't stretched. It always messes up my spacing and estimating horizontal speed when I play melee stretched to 16:9.

:phone:

MOJoe

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the info. And my doubles partner might not go. We definitely will not be able to make the doubles bracket in time, and he might have to work that night and not make the singles, but his schedule isn't out yet.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Hey can someone/anyone, bring a wiimote with them ( I have a wii setup :glare:... so yea)
Twould be great Mates.
Sure. I'll also bring wii component cables in the event someone brings a tv that will connect with those.

MOJoe

Smash Cadet
Would anyone be interested in some ssb64? I can bring that setup as well as my gamecube setup, but I'm not able to bring a tv.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
You can bring it if you'd like. I can't guarantee that there will be time/space to play it because we'll be sharing a room with several other game tournies and trying to keep on schedule. I wouldn't have time to play it myself, but one of these days when STL puts on our own independent tourney, we'll have all the extra time in the world.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION ALL ATTENDEES: I've already mentioned the changes before, but please make sure you note the changes in plans before you come out. I can't call/text every one of you so I'm hoping everyone has taken a look at this thread recently. As a review, here are the changes:

-Entry Fee is $10, not $5.
-Venue fee is waived.
-Registration starts at 4PM, not 7PM.
-We will start with doubles at 5PM.
-Pools may or may not happen, time dependent. Be registered by 7PM to make it to the 1v1 tourney.
-We are sharing venue space with several other video game tournies, but I'm pretty certain we're the highlighted event with the most entrants. But this will still slow down the whole tournament. Quit your friendlies when it's your turn to compete.
-If you are under 18, they will make a special allowance for you to get into the "barcade". Just don't try to show a fake ID or sneak drinks or do something that will get us kicked out.
-We will be streaming live at http://www.twitch.tv/stlbarwarz

Again, plz bring CRT TV setups, power strips and no $50 or $100 bills. And bring extra money for bar food.

Thanks, and tell your friends.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I'm 100% not going. Super gf johns
You've become deku :p

Ok. Thank you. Is that what most tournaments play on? I saw that apex 2012 was played on widescreen, but I wasn't sure if that was just for big tourneys or something. And the one tourney I've been to was played on LCD tv's, but it was full of people that didn't know metagame techniques.
The projector may have been widescreen, but apex 2012 tvs certainly were not. Standard tournament tvs are 4:3 CRTs. Practice up early, the lack of lag will be a huge change of pace.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Standard tournament tvs are 4:3 CRTs. Practice up early, the lack of lag will be a huge change of pace.
Yeah, MOJoe, definitely get as many friendly matches in as you can after you register just to get adjusted to the timing.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
See you guys there. If you need to call/text, my cell is 573-289-9828.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Big THANK YOU to everyone for making this a crazy fun tourney. Shoutouts and results will be posted by the end of Monday. I have national guard duty all weekend, a tattoo appointment tonight (don't tell my parents), have to upload/email photos I took of a couple friends, and I have to dress in a tux Sunday night and make tea for my wife's friends for our Downton Abbey Season Premiere party on Sunday night (Dont miss it!! PBS), and probably paint the kitchen too. But I should have time on Monday XD

But here's the top three in 1v1's for now:

1) DarkAtma
2) Dekuschrub
3) Shinobi

Cook

Smash Master
After reading the OP, I would like to point out that Red Lobster is HARDLY a fast food place.

Top Bottom