• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step it up wolf mains :D *Kind Long No TL;DR*

D

Deleted member

Bair to fsmash is a true combo??
SIIIIICK
lol

Kthx gheb
Can you go on aim

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Bair (shff) combos into like half of Wolf's moves xD And yeah, you can avoid the grab vs Falco, or platform camp if you have to and the stage has platforms. Not going to go into detail, but it's far from a heavily skewed matchup, and the cg doesn't play a very large role at high levels.

And I agree with Choice's flowchart. I doubt people will flock to Wolf because of his learning curve, but I can definitely see him being picked up as a secondary for troublesome matchups. Not that Wolf really hard-counters anyone, but with enough matchup knowledge he can do quite well against some upper tier characters.

:059:

D

Deleted member

Wolf isnt gonna become more popular i dont think unless someone places like very high at a national with him.

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Wolf has a high learning curve? Really?
I didn't know that haha.
I guess I really enjoy playing him then xD

Gindler

Smash Champion
Nice to see another yoshi picked up wolf.

I didn't know wolf had a high learning curve either, most people don't flock to him because they read (on the tier list thread) that he's the worst good character but he gets gayed A LOT!!!

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Honestly the only reason people PLAY wolf is because they enjoy it haha. And I think that's what the game should be about.

This is why I don't play meta knight, too effing boring imo. MK isn't even that hard to learn, I just can't stand him at all. I usually just end up fsmashing for lulz xD.

D

Deleted member

The learning curve is his matchups.
Like, the only characters with a real learning curve imo are ICs and maybe yoshi, but every character takes some time to learn how to go about playing good players with their character.

Any good player can full hop fast fall double bair with wolf in less than 5 minutes, and probably space it decently.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I would hope so... But being able to do inputs isn't learning the character.

His learning curve is learning how to not get grabbed/hit by a spammable utilt. And matchups.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Burntsocks quit wolf like, 2-3 weeks ago for sheik. He made a bet with Green Ace that if he stayed sheik for 2 months, he could main her. If he switched, he would have to switch back to yoshi. He lost the bet, he wants to main zss now LOL

Top Bottom