• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steel City Smash - general thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renth

Smash Hero
perhaps next weekend we can finally have that crew battle huh?
:laugh:

Keep up the good work SCS

A-Laon

Smash Master
I second the third collapsed seconding of the statement in which was originally seconded.

In other words, just count me in for the next trip to Colver -- and if seats are an issue, I may be capable of getting my own ride should the need be.

pockyD

Smash Legend
how does soldier6 get home? i remember him saying he's having a car this semester

if so maybe he could give us a hand if he's going to be there =)

Renth

Smash Hero
Get this - my dad has offered me a ride to Colver if seats fill up. The irony here is delicious.
... it's just another way for your over protective dad to see that were not on crack.

also, i'm very thankful you guys come to visit i mean what else do i have to do i'm a lazy loser :laugh:

A-Laon

Smash Master
One word. Jackpot.
Well, don't get quite too excited yet... he has work that weekend. Regardless, he's pulling a lot of strings to open up the time. I think I should have stressed that it is as of now merely a possibility. Nevertheless, it shows some substantial promise. Afterall, my dad's string-pulling was largely the factor behind my crazy ability to attend virtually every event since I've joined the team.

I'll keep you updated.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Well, don't get quite too excited yet... he has work that weekend. Regardless, he's pulling a lot of strings to open up the time. I think I should have stressed that it is as of now merely a possibility. Nevertheless, it shows some substantial promise. Afterall, my dad's string-pulling was largely the factor behind my crazy ability to attend virtually every event since I've joined the team.

I'll keep you updated.

yo keep us updated in the newer thread that renth made.

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
Returning to Pittsburgh in a few days. Let me know if anyone is free to play in the early afternoons of next week.

I need to work off some serious rust, 'cause any smash I've had over the past month or so has been just casual play, with friends who are not really at m level. And as for the SCS vs. Storm crew battle, I'm interested but something may come up. Like Wesley said, first weekend back for college, there could be some parties going on.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
if im crew leader im naming it something different and just putting everyone from DUQ fridays in it, like i've said b4 theres like a solid year of smash left and to be nit picky about whose in and out is stupid. I like how team arrlington does theres, I like the idea of doing one large one then subdivisions (i.e MCC)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Roffle waffle...Swift for president (or at least crew leader?)
I'll second the motion.

if im crew leader im naming it something different and just putting everyone from DUQ fridays in it, like i've said b4 theres like a solid year of smash left and to be nit picky about whose in and out is stupid. I like how team arrlington does theres, I like the idea of doing one large one then subdivisions (i.e MCC)
Sounds good to me, though this one year left thing sounds like an understatement O.o. I'm scepticle as to Brawl's ability to live up to expectations and I wouldn't be surprised to see people still playing Melee in a year.

pockyD

Smash Legend

my thoughts too

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
After realizing that i suck with fighting spash animals i recieved a anonymous letter. In this letter i was directed to a secret temple underneath the nightspot. There i was greated by a monk(It was the real wes). Since then i have been training to destroy. No one is going to see me friday saterday or sunday because i have to complete the final steps of my training. If i dont make next weeks smash night i have failed. If i succeed i will come seeking destruction upon space animals (tim, taki, wes,) so watch out.

mindgames son!

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I'm with wes on this. Its really hard to say that brawl will replace smash on the competative level. Melee had 6-7 years to develop a very solid competative community. Its pretty safe to say that people will still be playing melee for at least 6 months after brawl's release. Melee isnt going to die.

However i see brawl being more of a party type game and melee being the very competative counterpart.

A-Laon

Smash Master
110% behind you on this one.

If i succeed i will come seeking destruction upon space animals (tim, taki, wes, and gaying alan's falco with totally idiotic yet stupidly effective back-to-back-missiles-causing-failed-illusion-recoveries at 40 damage during the last stock despite being severely disadvantaged going into it) so watch out.
Fixed. -.-

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
o yea you and nake play em to0. yea but alan your rcharacter has that thing were you blink and do ridiculous combos...i think its called a shine? and then theres that lazer wich you shorthop to make my character stunned and then creamed by a smash attack......so i think i can shoot a couple friendly missles at you. hahaha

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
o yea and................. TIM FOR PRESIDENT!!!!..................... (and i will double post all i want hahaha)

A-Laon

Smash Master
and then theres that lazer wich you shorthop to make my character stunned and then creamed by a smash attack.
...not really. I could just respawn and stand next to you, wait for you to roll, then cream with a smash like that.

**** it, I said I wouldn't reference that again.

Ah well. Just kidding with ya. Much love. :cool:

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
...not really. I could just respawn and stand next to you, wait for you to roll, then cream with a smash like that.

**** it, I said I wouldn't reference that again.

Ah well. Just kidding with ya. Much love. :cool:

its funny you mentioned that because at the last duquesne tournament i punished people for doing that, the last time you did that to me u hit me so hard i ever did it again lol.

I am sensing a bitter rivalry between us Alan, but i kinda like it.
All i got to say is SEE YOU AT THE TOURNAMENT!

sweetooth

Smash Ace
me and cowboyardee played for a little while yesterday. i was able to record some of our matches. look to see them up pretty soon. i was a little rusty... but oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom