• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steel City Smash - general thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetooth

Smash Ace
Welcome to the new and improved SCS. For anyone that doesn't know, we are based out of pittsburgh, and maybe the only crew in pittsburgh (unless you consider those ggpd guys), but we are also the best. If you are a new face in Pgh, or an old face looking for a home, let us know here on this thread. Feel free to talk about random things her though so that the other thread doesn't fill with trash.

For any info, you can either post here, send me a pm, or drop me an email at: J_herb1988@yahoo.com

for roster/ recruitment info, as well as player info... go
HERE

~ Steel City Smash

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
the steel city of pittsburgh the place where 3 rivers converge at one point and its the home town of superbowl champions the pitsburgh steelers

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Lamar SUCKS watch him give up and go back to playing Halo lol....tell him he should play broken SC3 with the backturn throw cancels lol.and make him post onilne and watch vids... if he wants to get good hes gonna need alot of help.I told Chris he should learn how to play from you...Also MAKE HIM WATCH THE HOW TO PLAY VIDEO.I watched it like 50times before I started playing.

sweetooth

Smash Ace
Iceburgh said:
Lamar SUCKS watch him give up and go back to playing Halo lol....tell him he should play broken SC3 with the backturn throw cancels lol.
HAHA LOL. Thats funny as hel.l... But yea, i guess i can start up chris. and Lamar seems pretty serious. i officially took him under my nonexistant wing. oh, and where is the how to play video at? ill tell the whole crew to watch it, lol

sweetooth

Smash Ace
oh, you mean the one on the actual game? i thought you meant that there was some sort of video on the net about it. but hurry up and get your division ready, and ill show chris how to play but you can have him in your division if you want. but also, i talked to darren on friday ( he was at my school), but for some reason he thinks he'll crush me...i dunno what makes him think that, but i guess ill just have to play him and show him

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
he will crush you because he pauses randomly midgame to text message lol.actually if you play the way you played me vs him you will beat him no problem.Just dont keep running into his Up+B with captin falcon.

sweetooth

Smash Ace
lol. I remember you and tim telling me how he plays. everytime he does the up-b he pauses and says " ohh look at that!" lol. and he always pauses after he does the knee. thats hillarious

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
yeah if you run away long enough he will kill himself 4 times then say your gay and probably want to put Items on or something stupid.

Hardcase

Smash Rookie
Iceburgh said:
Lamar SUCKS watch him give up and go back to playing Halo lol....tell him he should play broken SC3 with the backturn throw cancels lol.and make him post onilne and watch vids... if he wants to get good hes gonna need alot of help.I told Chris he should learn how to play from you...Also MAKE HIM WATCH THE HOW TO PLAY VIDEO.I watched it like 50times before I started playing.
Don't make me school you son.
Jordan just let me know when and where to play and i'll be there.

sweetooth

Smash Ace
hehe. no problem. ima hit you and the rest of the team up tonight and let you know if i can set something up for tomorrow. that would be a good time for everyone to meet and introduce themselves to the teamates they dont know

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
awrighty then hardhead.lol jk you know we cool you gotta have me around to beat on in halo 2 i still want to play you yet im nastier than moldy bread now.And im gonna be smashing in Denver tommorow so ill let you know how that goes... we should take this random blather to the PA thread.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
I probably won't be able to come tomorrow -- girlfriend's birthday. If i see a chance to slip out, I'll call jordan tomorrow.

(btw jordan, I DID get her a present - a nice one - so at least she's not gonna stab me)

sweetooth

Smash Ace
lol rob. yea boo thunder was askin me about tomorrow earlier. i told him you probably wouldnt be able to make it because it was your girls b-day. its cool though, because this weekend doesnt really seem good foranyone hardly. im pretty busy as well. im gonna try and be free by 4:00 and arrange for everyone to get together. even if we could get together on a weekday it would be fine, i would like to know everyones schedule though. that would make it a whole lot easier to set things up. (excluding Rob... i pretty much know yours)

Emperor Ganon

Smash Cadet
So I see we have 6 people, we need some expanding soon and practice. I wonder what the team's schedule is gonna be. Like how many tournaments during a month and so on.

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
You should use the Ranking Ladder Method.It works well with crews like this.If you dont know how it works Ill explain it now.It allows you to play vs people who are on the same skill level as you and its the best way to show improvement.It would be best to do it once a week even if everyone isnt around.but its best when everyone is there.

Basically you start out with a ladder of who you think is ranked above who... or just draw straws cause the better players will win anyways. lets just say it looked like this at first.Jordan ill just name people you know so that i dont have to get everyones names right

1:Me
2:Tim
3:Jordan
4:Brett
5:Chris
6:Josh
7:Lamar
8:Darren
9:Markus.

each week you start with the last place person and they play vs the person above them until they lose. So if markus were to beat Darren he would move up and darren would move down.But if he was to beat darren and lamar he would move up to lamars spot with them both moving down.but then it would move on to Josh.Since they both lost to markus it would be pointless for darren or lamar attempt to climb the ladder for that day.now if they wanted to they could play each other to see if they can swap spots.But normally the way it works is you practice and warm up first then at the end of the session you have the tourney for it. That way no one can say they wernt ready.We use this method in Soul Calibur and Tekken.It gets great results and it makes it harder for the top player to stay best because everyone is working hard to improve their position on the ladder.You dont want people to come from out of state and see you 8th on the ladder.then they just assume your bad.lol I felt that way when we had our big gathering at ChaChas place. 72People there for Soul Calibur Tekken and GGXX I got to meet some of the top players from the east coast.Even though I wasnt as good as them it was a hugh learning experience.

Crew name should be Pittsburgh East Beasts

Emperor Ganon

Smash Cadet
Yeah that ladder idea seems good, but drawing straws would be best. Even though Im a top player I could possibly end up 6th, or something, but it wouldnt be that hard to climb a ladder. The name sounds good too, but anytime i think of a name im just thinking of SSBM and some other game.

sweetooth

Smash Ace
that makes sense . thats pretty much the way we ran it when wehad our fighting game team (team shoto). i was planning on getting all of that organized and thought out, but i guess you did it for me. and about the name... im not so sure that even makes sense. i mean, we are in western pa... lol.

and adam, we will try to attend as many as possible. i think the cyberconxion is starting to host them more often, so that would always be a good place to play and get exp.

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
sweetooth the name makes perfect sence...Since your from Penn Hills your east of pittsburgh. and since you want to improve eventually you will be beasts at whatever game your playing...I remember when Lamar wanted to recruit me for team shoto in SC2 lol.It took me like 6 months to get his PM and then i checked the forums you had lol. anyways..My crews name will probably be Pittsburgh West Best lol.Since im kinda northwest of the city. I bought Starcraft today so someone play me tonight sometime.

sweetooth

Smash Ace
ill have the team vote on it. whatever they want would be fine with me. and did you get a chance to play those dudes from colorado, or wherever?

Fzan

Smash Cadet
Hey, not sure if I'd wanna join your crew or start my own but I would like to play u guys sometime. Me and Keer play a lot and we may start a crew of sorts. Send me an email or pm or something if yer gonna smash it up.

Fzan

Smash Cadet
yah, that's me and keer's the one that was throwing around his peach skillz. And he played a really annoying item spamming young link as well.

We def need to get ppl together to smash more often

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
i hate keer he crushed me with his young link against my falco in a friendly game. then he crushed me again in a tourney game with peach, so second match he used young link and thankfully i won so it wasnt that embarassing but he plays a great peach.

ledge

Smash Cadet
i tore up keerar with luigi and he started complaining about how he wasnt used to his weird jumps and i was drunk tooo haha .. and nils game is mad weak .... i just left pitt ill be back in august but ill be representing when i come

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Farzan...and rest of Pittsburgh... The session I had with the guys from colorado was amazing they are all really skilled... I learned so much just from playing them that I had to almost completley change how I play link just to get kills. Jordan when you played me I was bad but now my link is like 2x as fast and Lcancels nearly everything....i wish we could have got a video made that you could see...Well tell Keer that he either needs to post or at least message me on AIM lol....I actually feel im good enough to beat him now lol or at least give him a much better match than at Tekko.And sorry jordan but i dont think you stand a chance vs me anymore...you better practice up i may show up in town in a week or to just to vs you real quick.

Fzan

Smash Cadet
Who were the guys from colorado and why didn't I get to play them dammit?! And yes, keer's peach is a beast and a half and if you can beat him then I give u props man...but I'd have to see it first.

And this is the kinda stuff I like to see, EVERYONE needs to get better so we can play and show ppl that pittsburgh can represent too!

Does anyone wanna set up a smash fest somewhere, cuz that'd be freakin great! I'm sure we can get ppl to bring TVs and cubes and maybe we can get a cheap tourney goin(like 2 bucks) or just for fun.

Also, if anyone is truely interested in getting better I might be able to play you and show u some stuff like wavedashing, l-cancelin, shfl'n, and all that good stuff. Just pm me if yer interested.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
I dunno what the hell me and fzan are still doing up, but whatever. Yo, if you guys actually managed to get together and play today (yesterday), let me know how it went. I'll be at the next one.
And I'm with Fzan -- i've heard too much shi+ talked on western PA's smash. We GONNA represent. My game's got nowhere to go but up.

so smashfests? Sounds good to me. I got a gcube, a TV and a couple controllers. And if my girlfriend leaves town (which she does on occasion) I might be able to hold one at my apartment, depending on how many people are interested.

Getting better? I'm game on that too. I already know wding, lc, shffl and all, but I got a feeling you (and others too) could still teach me a lot. And if anyone in pgh don't know all that stuff I just listed and wants to learn, just ask me and I'll show you what I can.
Let's go steel city

I'm gonna go pass out now.

sweetooth

Smash Ace
no, we didnt get a chance to play. i was busy on sunday, but we either could do something this week, or on the weekend. just let me know whats good for you guys because i can play whenever. the weekeend would probably be best though (more time to play). and darrell, i dunno, just know that your not the only one getting better.

Emperor Ganon

Smash Cadet
swee tooth - you know you're always welcomed over my house for some smash, practice is always welcomed, for this and card games

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Well when I say getting better im talking about drastically...The way I played yesterday is by far better than ive ever played smash in my life.... Maybe it was just Link but In order for me to just get kills I had to play uber aggressive and smart....When I come back to town ill have to show you or you could just download vids of Aniki cause at the moment my link Kinda resembles his because he doesnt wavedash but hes freaking good as hell.

RamenKing

Smash Rookie
Ice Bum!

Darryl. I know your not talkin about SC3 being broken when you play SMASH BROS? Haha funny. It may be flawed but YOU have no right to talk about that.

I will follow you everwhere you go on the internet. I'm like your internet shadow.

**King of Ramen**

sweetooth

Smash Ace
Emperor - i know, just let me know when you dont have practice and ill be able to come over. ill talk to you before school is out today.

darryl -whatever you say, im just telling you this because i think its great that you're advancing. because when you come back, you will be able to teach me a little more... and then ill beat you like last time... :^)

Ramen-- Who the hel.l are you?

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
I bet RamenKing is Tyson lmao...He always follows me online lol.but you know its Broken and I would play it but I dont have a PSCrap. Actually Danni showed me the Intro to kingdom hearts 2 and it actually made me feel like I was missing out on something on my GC.

Lol you should see the collection of Link Vids Lovo and the Denver guys gave me....GERM is freaking inasne....Hes my Idol.

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
germ is the man but he looks like a *** with his spikey dyed hair and tattoos... im assumming everyone saw linkology with that insane infinite bombjumping and using his grapple like a madman. if u havent seen it u need to.
and how dare ledge say my game is mad weak i only played him on 2 occasions like 5 months ago and we both won the same amount of matches. and he insisted that we played with items and ive been trying to get him to play again but i guess he plays too much water polo

takieddine

Smash Master
Sup pittsmashers, my name's Taki (to get it out of the way, no kidding;)

I just talked to Iceburgh and let him know about my smash crew, IM me at Taki3d or Taki3d@gmail.com if you know of any tourneys or just little smash fests around pittsburgh.

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
i thought this would be a good place to say that i met up with cowboyardee and we smashed for a good hour or so. it was a lot of fun and we're at about the same skill level. hes a bit more technical like with wavedashing (he actually does it) but i gave him a good run and managed to win using my basic 4 which are falco, ganon, luigi, and somewhat peach. i could tell he was having an off day but all the matches were close. im looking forward to playing sweetooth and the rest of my crew whom i've actually never met. i was worried i would get my *** kicked to **** by all of you because i dont wavedash and l-cancel much but that doesnt seem to be the case. you guys should call me next time ur smashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom