• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

StarFox 64 3D

ryuu seika

Smash Master
They change the music? That doesn't bode well IMO. Also, if they've revoiced it, that means it doesn't have the original Leon (since he's apparently long dead) which can't be a plus.

I got an N64 for christmas and have the original on it, is there any real reason for me to buy the 3DS version?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
They change the music? That doesn't bode well IMO. Also, if they've revoiced it, that means it doesn't have the original Leon (since he's apparently long dead) which can't be a plus.

I got an N64 for christmas and have the original on it, is there any real reason for me to buy the 3DS version?
Yeah, all of the music has been reworked. I originally thought the same that I wouldn't like it, but turns out it was a good update for the most part.

The voicing has a bunch of different actors from the 64-version yes. From what I have found, Fox (also James) and Slippy (also Katt) have their original voices, and a lot of the bosses who speak have the same voices as well. Wolf (also Training Mode Tanuki (who now has a voice)) has the same actor from Brawl. Falco (also Bill and Andrew) has a new voice, as well as Leon, Andross, General Pepper etc.

The VA for Leon is actually still alive as far as I know, he recently did some work for Team Fortress 2 in 2007, so I am only assuming.

It can be seen as disappointing, I had originally wished for everything to remain exactly the same, just with an update the graphics, but honestly I'm not complaining. The voices are well done, and I didn't notice a huge, noticeable difference in the way they sound.

Really, it depends on how much of a fan of the series you are in determining if you should purchase the 3DS version. I am a huge Starfox fan, so I purchased it without hesitation. The graphics alone sold me, because really they are quite amazing in terms of updates from the original. Also gotta factor in the available portability with it being on the handheld. I guess the only real reason to purchase the game would be for the updates, it is a remake after all, same story with people who purchased Ocarina of Time 3D.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Really, it depends on how much of a fan of the series you are in determining if you should purchase the 3DS version.
I don't really care about the series, only the "Lylat Wars" I played as a kid.

Also gotta factor in the available portability with it being on the handheld.
Factor in the battery life and it might aswell be a home console. My 3DS is unlikely to go anywhere.

yani

Smash Lord
Should I give this game a buy? I've played the 64 version and liked it but I've never owned it. I played the GC Starfox too but that was...meh..Should I pick it up?

:phone:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Should I give this game a buy? I've played the 64 version and liked it but I've never owned it. I played the GC Starfox too but that was...meh..Should I pick it up?

:phone:
If you liked it enough, and you have extra money or want a new game, then I would go for it. Really, both the old (N64) and new (3DS) versions of the game I like. Like I mentioned up there ^, there are some differences between the games; and I mean, I like the graphics and most soundtrack upgrades of the 3DS version. While on the other side, I like the voice acting and the difficulty of the N64. For some reason, I honestly felt that Starfox 64 3D was easier, I might just be used to the game or crazy or whatever with that, though. If I would recommend the purchase to you though, I would say definitely get the 3DS version. Only saying that because you have played the N64 version in the past before, and I feel you already know what goes down, and you should see the upgraded version. For someone who has never played the game before, I would def recommend playing/getting the N64 version first.

Also, the Star Fox's on Gamecube should never be compared to the previous titles. They are practically a whole different genre of game, even if they are the same series. :p

Jet300

Smash Ace
This game looks so legit. I must save my money and buy a 3DS and StarFox 64 3D

Top Bottom