• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Tropics' Mike J. for SSBB

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
I believe the moveset is creative! :) Dont fret, Not everyone can Like your ideas. But lets face it, a majority do!

parrothead

Smash Lord
MikaRabidKitsune, that is interesting. Show that to the C-Island forum members. Also, try drawing a few other characters that people (including I) have created.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
So... does anyone else have some Mike Jones art to show. Mika and flip's stuff are really good, but I'd like to see other takes on our favorite NA exclusive Nintendo character. Maybe parrothead? I'm gonna try to get somethin up sometime soon myself...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
:( C'mon guys. I was talking about characters people wanna see in Smash with a few buddies who aren't as into games, but love Smash, and a few of them brought up Mike. If random dudes can remember Star Tropics, I think most of us could!

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Hey Deathborne just wamdering, whose in the middle of yoou signature? I see Mike, and Mach. But whose that with the green hair?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
That would be Marina Lightyears, the main protagonist of Mischeif Makers for the N64. It was bit of a sleeper-hit, as seems to be the case for every TREASURE game sadly, but she is the most recognisable character in their lineup and her in-game abilities are very SSB in nature. A bit of a longshot, admittedly, but Mischeif Makers is one of those cult-classic hits not unlike Kid Icarus and NiGHTS - not quite as large a following yet, but its getting there.

BTW I like your sig. You're on deviantART aren't you? Because I know I've seen those sketches on there before. But yeah, cool sig - Ridley and Krystal FTW!

parrothead

Smash Lord
Woah, woah... wtf?

Did anybody give that last update on the website a SERIOUS look? Because I just found something
That's pretty funny, FlipTroopa.

And by the way, here is my idea for his stage:

Stage Name: Coracola
Main Area: C-Island
Game Appearance: StarTropics
Release Date: 1990
Home Stage of: Michael Jones
Works: StarTropics (NES)
Hazards: Zoda's alien ship, C-Serpent, and tropical storms.
Layout: Zoda's alien ship will fly over Coracola as the large anaconda, C-Serpent, will come out of the cave and blow fire toward the sky, while it can possibly fall on you and your opponents, as well as all the palmtrees and buildings to a crisp. A tropical storm will come sometimes and blow things in the other direction. You can jump and fight inside houses and sometimes the roofs.

Background Music (After you click the link, you'll enter a 404 or 403 web page. Click the "Go button" on your browser after you click the link. Repeat this to the next link.)

Alternate Background Music

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Thanks parrothead, and not a bad stage idea. Your choice of music, of course, matches mine.

Did I post my stage ideas in here? I had two, and I'm pretty sure I did.

Anyways, I just killed an hour making this for ya guys, so enjoy it. Keeping me from writing my **** cover letter... *sigh*

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
So I was thinking up how Star Tropics could be implemented into Adventure mode. The stage would start out with you riding the top of the Sub-C as it zooms through the ocean. You can see various islands and bright blue sky in the background. As the Sub-C moves, arrows point to any direction, telling you where to move to avoid obstacles. When the arrow points down, the Sub-C is submerging to avoid something on the surface and you need to jump. When the arrow points up, the Sub-C is jumping over something and you need to stay with it. When the arrows point left or right, something is falling from the sky and you need to move with the Sub-C to avoid it.

Obstacles include like... buoys, rising platforms, whale spouts from the background, etc. After awhile, the arrow becomes an exclamation point, and the Big Octo appears in the background, then rushes underwater and appears in front of the Sub-C. You need to dodge his attacks for a few rounds while the Sub-C pummels him with torpedos. Finally he goes down, and the Sub-C slows and submerges, forcing you to jump to the Coralcola stage, where Mike is waiting for a fight.

Cool, eh?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Agreed! I just love every idea you have for Mike, Flip. =) And Parrot, perfect music choices. As for the announcer, I'd wager he'll say Mike Jones...Mike just seems so plain.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The title says "Star Tropics' Mike Jones," not "talentless public speaker Mike Jones." The clarification is there for a reason, no?

As many in this thread will agree, Mike Jones is most certainly not "********." He's got an extensive catalog of moves from which Sakurai could choose, and a cult following to boot. Just so you know.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

Support Mike Jones the ace pitcher, not the rapper.

Also, click here for a short, light, remix of the StarTropics Underworld theme.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I have a feeling this guy won't get in because his name is Mike Jones.
Funny coming from a guy with Pit in his sig, considering that our herald angel was more or less in the same boat before his glorious SSBB redesign. And I can assure you Pit isn't getting in on account of his name, but rather his legacy. Same goes for Link.

Also, thanks Aeris for clarifying that once more... It's really a shame how often we have to clarify this point... (Don't people even READ the 1st posts, or the thread titles for that matter?) Also thanks to parrothead for all the supplemental material - it's nice to see someone with as much enthusiasm for the lesser known classics.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
DUH, they can just call the kid MIKE, and not Mike JONES in the game...

They don't call her Samus Aran except for her trophy, why the hell would they have to write "Mike Jones" and announce "MIKE... JONESSSS" whenever he's selected? The issue of them having his full name said, and confused with the nobody rapper, does not exist. Case closed.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Thank you, Flip. If that doesn't clear things up, nothing will. I'm considering just renaming the thread "Mike 'Not the Nobody Rapper' Jones for SSBB" just to shut these nit-wits up about this little "confusion" for good... What am I saying?! Even THAT won't work... 0_o

Peeze

Smash Master
Mike jones seems like he'd be sweet in brawl, i say put him in, we dont have too many plain jane characters.
Oh, and deathborne for his dair you have "cleets", its spelt "cleats", it's bothering me a little...seriously.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha i deff agree that the rapper mike jones could be in... everytime he uses his jab he yells who and then his second is him really obnoxiously going, MIKE JONES... he would be like the next captain falcon except black and annoying lmao.

He could have a special move where he calls out paul wall since they all sound the same

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Haha i deff agree that the rapper mike jones could be in... everytime he uses his jab he yells who and then his second is him really obnoxiously going, MIKE JONES... he would be like the next captain falcon except black and annoying lmao.

He could have a special move where he calls out paul wall since they all sound the same
I'm seriously considering adding the tag "NOT THE UNTALENTED RAPPER" in the thread title... :dizzy:

FOR THE 100 MILLIONTH TIME: The Mike Jones this topic refers to is the main protagonist from the classic NES games Star Tropics & Star Tropics II.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

Doesn't Rick Wheeler from the F-ZERO anime dress similar to Mike's Zoda's Revenge look?

Top Bottom