• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Trek!!!!!!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)

This movie was SOOOOO good!

DISCUSS!

And also, if you are in a crew, say which member would be each character!

For example:

WATO: Warpspeed - A Terrific Obstacle

Hiroshi as Kirk
Zoro/Kyon as Spock
Vericz/F-0 as McCoy
Marin as Uhura
Hbox/uuaa as Scotty
Al as Sulu
Pengie as Chekov
Action B as that little green guy

LOL!!!

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Definitely a better movie than wolverine, the time travel is very overplayed and lame though. Acting was pretty good, nothing spectacular, but good. The effects were impressive, the ship models however not so much.

6.5/10

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Cake Eaters 2nd Gen

Raistlin- red parachuter with bombs
DarkSonic- Scotty
Blade- Chekov
Harriettheguy- ebony princess
Harriettheguy- Spock
Harriettheguy- Rorschach

Frames

DI
also there was this effect they used in the movie idk if anyone noticed because it was barely used at all its called lens flare u might not have seen it because it was used so sparingly but it was there u just had to look for it

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
also there was this effect they used in the movie idk if anyone noticed because it was barely used at all its called lens flare u might not have seen it because it was used so sparingly but it was there u just had to look for it
i wouldnt say sparingly,

it was used quite a lot, but very faintly.
like they slipped em in pretty well.

but aside from that, i just started picking that up and it kinda made it worse for me. i wouldnt pay attention....to anything but noticing the flares

Laijin

Smash Hero
Definitely a better movie than wolverine, the time travel is very overplayed and lame though. Acting was pretty good, nothing spectacular, but good. The effects were impressive, the ship models however not so much.

6.5/10
WHAT!?
Time travel overplayed? They made that **** work. Have you seen the other star trek movies? They used time travel too and usually **** ends up ******** as ****. But in here, they made it WORK. And they made it work WELL.
The ship models are classic. Obviously its a star trek movie so wtf are you expecting?

Anyways. My opinion..
easily one of the best movies of the summer.

Frames

DI
i wouldnt say sparingly,

it was used quite a lot, but very faintly.
like they slipped em in pretty well.

but aside from that, i just started picking that up and it kinda made it worse for me. i wouldnt pay attention....to anything but noticing the flares
aaaaaaaand you missed the sarcasam lens flare was extremely overused in this movie and while i can respect the organic feel it brings to a scene overall the cinematographer was out of his **** mind every light i look at does not need to flare like the **** sun

edit - mooney dont be a **** especially when i should've banned u already

Zoro

Smash Champion
LOL juan

I guess i can see those chars

but id make action b that russian guy cuz nobody could understand him either.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
WHAT!?
Time travel overplayed? They made that **** work. Have you seen the other star trek movies? They used time travel too and usually **** ends up ******** as ****. But in here, they made it WORK. And they made it work WELL.
The ship models are classic. Obviously its a star trek movie so wtf are you expecting?

Anyways. My opinion..
easily one of the best movies of the summer.
I think you are overreacting a bit...For me to give a movie higher than a 7.5 its basically going to win an oscar. Im saying the ships weren't that detailed on the exterior, thats all. Time travel as a whole has been overdone imo, other movies have beaten it to a pulp. Its the same as me saying world war II is overdone, or vampires are overdone (thanks a lot twilight).

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Evidently a warp core explosion travels faster than the speed of light.

Which brings us to ask how we were able to see it.

I really like this movie, more as a Star Trek fan than as a movie fan, but even as the latter, I still enjoyed it.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
HAHAHAHHAHA......no..is not funny =P I am still piss at it

I would be better off as the russian guy that beraly speak

and that whole skill of teleporting skill? Yea I though..

Well...let just say that teleporting means using Tetris block...make a tetris = a sucessful teleport. and the fact that he said *I can do it!* meh.

And futher more

remind me why I join WATO again -_-

I hate you guys...at times -_-; *Sighs* Minus a few. (Will not mention name, you know who you are.)

at the end, I enjoyed the movie, but I knew something was going to bite me in the rear.

oh and look, we have WATO7 abriation ;p

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Saw it and loved it. I grew up on Star Trek: TNG and I'm hoping this movie is successful enough to launch a new series :)

Top Bottom