• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Standing Infinite on Rainbow Cruise (updated with demonstrational vid)

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
OSHI-

what other moving stages might that be abusable on? If it's the stage, and not the camera, that's moving, where else can that be applied? Delfino? Halberd? Or is there not enough horizontal motion on either of those two to mean much?

And this really should go in tactical, especially the RC camera thing.
From my knowledge of this, this find can only be applied to stages with cameras that move. Not stages that move. So the only other stage that we can apply this to...is Mushroomy Kingdom, sadly lol. It's the only other stage with a camera that moves horizontally.

[Crashic, I know that it's not literally a camera because it's not real in all...but it's just the term that I'm using for this context because it's the easiest way to explain what I really mean, and others understand what i mean by the "in-game camera", so.]
we've all known you can cg people on the platform for sv
for quite awhile now, m2k even did it in a match
i just assumed people knew you could do that on all moving platforms
i even mentioned that you could do the infinites on the carpets in my first post in this thread like they were old news.
if people still think it's new, then gratz, you discovered another place to do an older known version of the standing infinite

i never said it wasn't my fault, i seriously just forgot to test yoshi. i even added yoshi to the post with the list last night, and gave you credit for it after i went back and confirmed it with my own testing.

i didn't have an extra controller or person to make sopo easy to test. i had to test this on the cpu which kills itself alot on that stage and it was just crazy frustrating to get a sopo in position to where i could get a test going. (i dunno if it was the same for you and you were just more patient and/or lucky at getting a setup than i was) but it was like 10minutes of hate when i messed around the first time so i just gave up. after you said it could be done last night i went and tried it, after about 30min of saying to myself "i swear beef better be right about this." i finally got an opening to do a regrab and a dtilt. once again i updated it to the post with the list and gave you credit.

my bad, i had misinterpreted what you said. as i thought you were saying that i had made some statement that ganon could be regrabbed.

i still think we're misunderstanding each other here
what i'm saying
is ike is the only person that i had to use an edge to get the dtilt on
i can dtilt everyone that's in the "dtilt from grab" list everywhere. edge or no edge
i just couldn't dtilt ike without an edge
if this is the case i think i'm going to change it from dtilt only on edge > dtilt only with edge. and same for the regrab.
and if it's not the case, then i really don't get what you're trying to say : /

and for everybody saying about testing other characters. i'm not proficient or knowledgeable enough with the other big grab characters: pika, falco, or ic's. to do any real testing for them but i'll try some later. this might be more or less useless to ic's unless it's with sopo. if anything we might find out they got some extra stuff on us. maybe we can scrap some stuff together and put it in tactical if we care too.
For your first paragraph, of course we all knew that we could generally keep grabbing people on platforms, but what I really said was...with that picture, was that I found that that platform actually moves...nobody else saw that. and that's just what I wanted to point out.

I think you weren't doing it correctly to Ice Climbers...I could get a regrab/down tilt in a matter of 30 seconds when they were in the appropriate spot.
And I used computers as dummies too...and it didn't take long either because all I did was up throw them when necessary, and back air them onto a platform, or wherever I wanted to test. I think you just need to relax when you're testing, that's the best solution. You didn't add Ivysaur either...it works on him as well. Go ahead and test yourself, but I successfully did it on Ivysaur also.

Oh okay I understand what you said about Ike, he's the only character that cannot be down tilted on the terrace, but he can be on a platform.

Does it work on Marth, Lucario, Lucas, Ness, etc. (ie. All the characters Dedede can chaingrab that weren't listed)? Also, does it enable us to chaingrab anyone we couldn't normally?
Gates...theAPE's list of characters on the original post will pretty much answer all of your questions. Only if you look at the list. But I know it doesn't work on the four characters you listed, or anybody that King Dedede can chaingrab that weren't listed (logically, the list are the only characters that cooperate), as I tested all this myself also.

And from what i remember...our standing infinites (no matter what kind of standing infinite) are usually banned in tournaments worldwide now... at least they are around where I live. So I'm not sure if we'll be able to apply this to our game if it's not legal anywhere. :(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Gates...theAPE's list of characters on the original post will pretty much answer all of your questions. Only if you look at the list. But I know it doesn't work on the four characters you listed, or anybody that King Dedede can chaingrab that weren't listed (logically, the list are the only characters that cooperate), as I tested all this myself also.
ok, I just wasn't clear if you guys had tested everyone or just those characters thanks.

And from what i remember...our standing infinites (no matter what kind of standing infinite) are usually banned in tournaments worldwide now... at least they are around where I live. So I'm not sure if we'll be able to apply this to our game if it's not legal anywhere. :(
Legal in MI.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
they're 50/50 on bein legal in nc, depends what TO you have
and it's not really "infinite" if you wanna get antsy with the TO
i know i try

beef i was just having a terrible time getting a setup with climbers, like i'd dthrow popo and then grab nana or they'd just kill themselves and run around like idiots. and i'd have to chase them or they'd just run around like idiots some more. when i finally got the setup though on sopo it took like 10seconds. but man i was so mad getting to that point.

and yeah, i tested ivysaur but accidentally wrote him down on my notes with squirtle >.>
silly pokemons

Top Bottom