• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
K, this is what we decided for stages in the chat today.

Distant Planet - make constantly raining
Skyworld - destroy top blocks at start and remove hurtboxes from bottom blocks
Green Hill Zone - remove hurtboxes on ground and remove spinners
Bridge of Eldin - move one boundary in so that the bomb causes one side of the stage to be destroyed? or remove bulbin and shrink sides slightly?
Hanenbow - remove left side
Mario Circuit - wider bounds, same camera (makes you take damage for blastzone camping)
Corneria - bigger stage, bigger bounds
Mushroomy Kingdom I - slower (like bbrawl)
Mushroomy Kingdom II - neko's idea if possible
Luigi's Mansion - slower rebuild, bottom damage also affects top (no more deadlands)
Pirate Ship - weaker bombs, weaker catapult
Norfair - faster, weaker lava (low damage, high base, low growth)
Halberd - remove the claw
Spear Pillar - neko's idea: http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8673/spearpillar.png
Port Town - remove or severely weaken the cars
New Pork City - option B: http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o62/leafgreen386/random junk/NewPorkCityoptions.jpg
Pictochat - make the hazards less powerful
WFWR - return sandbag
Jungle Japes - klap-trap doesn't autokill, less sucky water
Onett - extend sides slightly
Green Greens - slower (like bbrawl); fix explosion glitch
Pokemon Stadium 1 - get a ledgecancel code ;p
Yoshi's Island (melee) - expand boundaries and move hurtboxes of bottom blocks down, so only spikes will trigger them

The following were deemed unsalvageable. I personally think a frozen FZ2 has potential, and I think cape wanted to try something with shadow moses, but... meh.

Summit
Shadow Moses
Temple
75M
Rumble Falls
Mario Bros
Flatzone2
Big Blue - half speed causes some weird movement effects on this stage

VietGeek

Smash Hero
For WFWR, make it so camera does not focus so heavily on items (sandbag/Wario's Bike/blah blah).

Also for Big Blue a code to fight only on Falcon's ship would be pimp, even if largely improbable. =V

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
For Green hill, leave the sign posts. Just give it 0 BKB and KBG and 0% and change the angle to...36x the one that doesnt send anywhere. Its good for cosmetic purposes.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You labeled Green Greens twice; the last mention is the one that has what we agreed on methinks.

And forgot Yoshi's Melee. =V

I think for YIM, we went with:

larger side boundaries, smaller hurtboxes placed toward bottom of the two bottom blocks so only spikes and low-hitting dtilts could affect it.

And also possibly move the lower death boundary higher up.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
You labeled Green Greens twice; the last mention is the one that has what we agreed on methinks.

And forgot Yoshi's Melee. =V

I think for YIM, we went with:

larger side boundaries, smaller hurtboxes placed toward bottom of the two bottom blocks so only spikes and low-hitting dtilts could affect it.

And also possibly move the lower death boundary higher up.
I don't know what you're talking about.

:v

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Summit, destroy the upper solid platform. >.> Done.

Big Blue - half speed causes some weird movement effects on this stage
Exactly what bizarre movements does it cause? Even if its banned I think we should keep it in the normal set just because it was very positively received by people and is fun for messing around in (much more so than normal Big Blue).

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Summit, destroy the upper solid platform. >.> Done.

Exactly what bizarre movements does it cause? Even if its banned I think we should keep it in the normal set just because it was very positively received by people and is fun for messing around in (much more so than normal Big Blue).
I noticed it on big blue and corneria. It probably affects all "moving" levels. It feels like your character just begins to sorta drift when you don't want them to. It's slight, but it throws off the aerial game.

shanus

Smash Hero
People overwhelmingly want Deadlands back.

Wifi Waiting Room with snadbag is mixed

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Sandbag isnt even that mixed. :V

Give it more time, its just like 2-3 people (lolfrozenpopo) being really vocal about it on initial release. More people are coming out about how its not a big deal.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Please don't remove sandbag! I have a video coming soon showing how to use it to **** Falco (it was tourney). People are gonna love that!

D

Deleted member

ah, this is the right thread to dump this.
I found out how to control the "blocks" on spear pillar, so we could make the idea mentioned.
I still have to find out if it works if we freeze the stage though.
finding the platform heights shouldn't be too hard, so I suggest we lower the leftmost platform (where the ground is destroyed), and putting the right one at the height of roughly the lower battlefield platforms.

D

Deleted member

ok, did some more testing.

so far the least glitchy option is only leaving the middle part.
I still have to find a way to get rid of the pokemon, because they can still screw things up.
just freezing the stage doesn't work, because then the removed parts will still be visible

Veril

Frame Savant
agreed
reservations
lolwut

I still think walk off stages are hopeless so I'm not gonna comment on those.

K, this is what we decided for stages in the chat today.

Distant Planet - make constantly raining
Skyworld - destroy top blocks at start and remove hurtboxes from bottom blocks
Hanenbow - remove left side

Corneria - bigger stage, bigger bounds wall problems?
Mushroomy Kingdom I - slower (like bbrawl)
Mushroomy Kingdom II - neko's idea if possible
Luigi's Mansion - slower rebuild, bottom damage also affects top (no more deadlands): we don't need another neutral, and everyone I've talked to offline was POed about the mansion being removed.
Pirate Ship - weaker bombs, weaker catapult
Norfair - faster, weaker lava (low damage, high base, low growth): why?
Halberd - remove the claw
Spear Pillar - neko's idea: http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8673/spearpillar.png
Port Town - remove or severely weaken the cars
New Pork City - option B: http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o62/leafgreen386/random junk/NewPorkCityoptions.jpg
Pictochat - make the hazards less powerful
WFWR - the sandbag is amazing. popo is a b****
Jungle Japes - klap-trap doesn't autokill, less sucky water. Klap trap KOs at 30ish atm, it comes every 10 seconds on the 7, I think its frequency should be reduced.
Green Greens - slower (like bbrawl); fix explosion glitch
Pokemon Stadium 1 - get a ledgecancel code

D

Deleted member

ok managed to remove the pokemon. I'm not sure what setup we are going with yet. and as magus pointed out, leaving only 1 block might encourage circle camping.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Veril, Norfair's lava spews kill like at 80-90% on midweights (TL/Marth) and they combo into one-another...

that's dumb rofl. All the other lava hazards are fine...some finetuning would be great but the stage layout and that particular hazard makes the stage dumb.

Faster so hazards appear more often to try to remedy the stage layout problem that promotes camping.

As for your reds: Let's try them out before we dismiss them. ._.

Well, the claw on Halberd thing would get rid of the dumbest hazard on that stage...thus making it the coolest CP since Melee came out.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I heard people had to constantly ban Wifi against your Rob because the laser goes through the sandbag. V:
Hmm I must've missed this, but yeah, it's an amazing ROB stage. Not only can he shoot through the sandbag, but he can get a gyro in his hands whenever he wants (which is far more useful than shooting it across the stage).

On topic:

With Norfair, I agree we should speed it up, but I think we should just remove the fire spews altogether (0 damage 0 KB). They're just annoying and they don't add anything to the stage, whereas the lava walls do.

I also agree that the claw on Halberd is pretty dumb, but the other hazards shouldn't be toned down. Hitting your opponent into them is a legit strategy, and they're slow and predictable enough that they don't screw up the match.

Also just wanted to point out that even a slowed down Mushroomy Kingdom is still a pretty ******** stage.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Slow MK1-1 is pretty gay because of the sides really.

It's easier to camp because of the slow speed. Dtilt trapping against the pipes and abusing blocks. :V

I wonder, would increasing the stage size a bit and making everything zoom in help with that issue?

Top Bottom