• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages you would've loved to see in the base game?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Just as the title says. What stages would you have loved to see in base Ultimate? This can apply for both new and returning stages. For me:

New:
  • Bowser's Castle (Super Mario)
  • Resolution Road (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
  • Melemele Island (Pokémon Sun & Moon)
  • Opera House (Fire Emblem Fates)
  • Studiopolis Zone (Sonic Mania)
Returning:
  • Rainbow Road
  • PAC-MAZE (preferably instead of PAC-LAND)
  • Woolly World

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
  • Metal Cavern
  • Saturn Valley
  • Castle Dedede
  • Gangplank Galloon
  • Emerald Hill Zone

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll do this for returning and new stages

Returning:

Pokefloats: a funny stage to play on
Pac-Maze: to me, it’s that this stage is what I think of when I think of Pac-Man

New:

A new Sonic stage that’s not a grass themed stage.
A stage from ALttP would’ve been interesting to see.
A stage from FE Shadow Dragon (I’m thinking of Dolhr Keep).

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
gen 7 ultra space with ultra beast stage hazards

obviously wouldnt fit incineroar but we shouldve got buzzswole instead anyway

Quillion

Smash Hero
Bowser's Castle
Bowser's Castle
Bowser's Castle
Bowser's Castle
Bowser's Castle

That being said, I must acknowledge that there is a bit of a problem with having Bowser's Castle, as it wouldn't gel with the cheery image that Mario conveys most of the time.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Shrine (Botw)
Fortress of Fear (DQ11)
Lake kingdom (Mario Odyssey)
The End (Minecraft)
The Nether (Minecraft)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
rainbow road 3ds and emerald coast
and i don't have a specific series in mind, but i think a stage with a layout that's basically an upside down battlefield would be very interesting.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Honestly wished Smash had more IPs represented through stages, as there are a lot of noteworthy series that either couldn't or reasonably shouldn't get a fighter but still have potential for stages, so that's what new mainly is. New series introduced through stages.

New:
  1. A different Castlevania stage (Dracula's Castle as it is right now is terrible, imo. I really wished they either made it competitive legal or casual, not this weird abomination that's unfun to play on both sides)
  2. Ironworks of Misery [Dead by Daylight] (I think Ironworks has fantastic stage potential. With possible killers appearing from time and time to injure the fighters, like Huntress throwing her hatchets or Nurse blinking to fighters, this'd be a great casual stage. Smash needs more horror, not really but I'd like there to be)
  3. Jet Set Radio stage (don't care where, I'd like to see the Smash characters Cell-Shaded as the stage gimmick and JSR music needs to get into Smash it's that good)
  4. Mountain [Celeste] (great game, and the mountain is the only real way to represent it)
  5. Merchant Port [Rivals of Aether] (Platform fighting crossing over with a platform fighter. Brilliant)
Returning:
  1. Rumble Falls

UserKev

Smash Champion
Actually, Emerald Coast could have been great for atmosphere. I do wish we got a Sonic Dreamcast stage. I still stand by my bias of Emerald Hill Zone over Green Hill Zone because Sonic 2 is waaaaay more iconic than Sonic 1.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Actually, Emerald Coast could have been great for atmosphere. I do wish we got a Sonic Dreamcast stage. I still stand by my bias of Emerald Hill Zone over Green Hill Zone because Sonic 2 is waaaaay more iconic than Sonic 1.
Well in that case, Chemical Plant would be a better choice for a stage because Emerald Hill is literally just another version of Green Hill.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ooh interesting question. as far as old stages go i think the only missing ones id actually wanted back are rainbow road and mute city. other missing stages i liked all had annoying things that make them hard to miss

as for new well, ultra space from pokemon sun and moon would have been really fun. i do enjoy great plateau tower but i would have preferred a shrine or a divine beast stage. Like every Kirby fan I’d like one from a modern Kirby game, preferably one thematically different from green greens. Also a sonic stage thematically different from green hill zone. I’d also have liked another ice stage, from nearly any series

I’d also have quite liked some more stages from games without fighters, like pullblox, boxboy, another code etc

and something from miitopia

Geno Boost

Smash Master
-Gyromite or Stack-up stage R.O.B. Needs a stage honestly.
-Tetris or Panel de Pon or Dr. Mario or Wario woods stage would make a lot of sense at least puzzle genre would be represented in a better way.
-Wario land and Pokémon mystery dungeon and Virtual Boy game stage they deserve more content.
-Bowser castle preferably the SMRPG one would look great and unique
Or maybe we can have the Baby Bowser battle from Yoshi’s island it would be epic
-a Pinball stage with bumper there are a lot of great ideas such as Waluigi or Bowser or Mario or Pokémon or Sonic or Metroid or even NES Pinball it would be a good representation for Pinball genre.
-every good stage stage that hasn’t returned needs to come back including Meta crystal.

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Bowser's Castle
Bowser's Castle
Bowser's Castle
Bowser's Castle
Bowser's Castle

That being said, I must acknowledge that there is a bit of a problem with having Bowser's Castle, as it wouldn't gel with the cheery image that Mario conveys most of the time.
Well, they made world 1:1 a post-apocalyptic stage for some reason, so one Bowser's castle with Thwomps and lava shouldn't be too much to handle.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
So, here's a thought that's been running through my head since last week:

Suppose Sora was CP5 instead of Byleth, and Eggman was CP11. I think the Interstellar Amusement Park from Sonic Colors would make a good stage, since it's technically an Eggman-themed stage.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
pacmaze was dope and would have loved to see it back (but what they had was great from a competitive standpoint)

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
Returning:

Rainbow Road
Pac-Maze
Planet Zebes
Sector Z
Poké Floats

New:

Snowy Plains (New Super Mario Bros.)
Gang-Plank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country)
Rito Village (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
Cookie Country (Kirby’s Return to Dreamland)
Chemical Plant Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)

Last edited:
Top Bottom