• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages where Bowser can jump out of Bowsercide

Flayl

Smash Hero
For those few tournaments (hopefully) that will follow the new BBR ruleset's stance on suiciding moves, I've ran tests to see what stages Bowser can jump out of the blastzone area. To be a "yes" on this list, you have to be able to jump out in ALL parts of the stage.

Testing method:
- Default controller scheme
- Controller port 1 - I don't think this matters but I could be wrong
- Opponent was Kirby on Stop - Jumping out is easier on smaller characters
- I mashed X and Y alternately - I used two methods to do this: a) One thumb on each button; b) One thumb over both buttons
- I did this 3 times for each stage or until I successfuly managed to jump out, whichever occured first

My results:
Battlefield - Yes
Final Destination - Yes
Delfino - Yes
Luigi's Mansion - Yes
Norfair - Yes
Frigate Orpheon - Yes
Yoshi's Island (Brawl) - Yes
Halberd - Yes
Lylat Cruise - Yes
Pokémon Stadium 2 - Yes
Port Town Aero Dive - Yes
Castle Siege - Yes
Distant Planet - Yes
Smashville - Yes
Pictochat - Yes
Rainbow Ride - Yes
Green Greens - Yes
Brinstar - Yes
Pokémon Stadium 1 - Yes
Custom stages - Yes

Now I know a few of these are wrong, but I don't understand why I haven't been able to do it on those stages. So I need volunteers to test the "No" stages to make sure I just wasn't unlucky in my mashing. Also please point out if there's something wrong with the testing method.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It's been on Wi-fi, but I know I've jumped out of it on Battlefield and I think Final Destination.

I believe it depends on the size of the character as well.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Your testing method is flawed.
Using 1/4 speed was probably the worst thing you could have done. 1/4 speed only picks up inputs every 4 frames or so, so it's entirely possible that you messed up horribly. :x

You should try it again with frame advance or on regular speed.

Flayl

Smash Hero
If somebody actually ported the frame advance code to PAL I would have used it right off the bat :(

Flayl if you wish I could teach you to use Riivolution, then you can use all the NTSC codes you wan't.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Does that involve me getting an 8 GB+ USB pen or a NTSC Brawl?

Anmyway I tested Battlefield Final Destination and Luigi's Mansion with Kirby a few minutes ago in a regular Brawl and I managed to time a jump out in all of those 3 stages. More updates soon.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Ok I can do it with Kirby on all stages by timing rather than mashing. Time to move on to bigger characters.

Does that involve me getting an 8 GB+ USB pen or a NTSC Brawl?

Anmyway I tested Battlefield Final Destination and Luigi's Mansion with Kirby a few minutes ago in a regular Brawl and I managed to time a jump out in all of those 3 stages. More updates soon.
I have PAL brawl, and a 1GB SD card (it also works on USB, it is better to use on USB anyway).

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Uh so just to be sure, how do I do this?

I never really paid too much mind to it but now I'm thinking it may be a bit crucial. Do I just mash jump and upb when I get towards the blast zones?

Flayl

Smash Hero
For me it's easier to time the jump rather than mash, your mileage might vary.

Though that's only true for me against Kirby now, I can't get nowhere near consistent doing it against Donkey Kong.

B!squick

Smash Master
This new rule set has me seriously concerned. I may actually pick Brawl back up and re-unlock everything just to help test this.

EDIT: Also, no ledge grab limit. Hurray for planking! :D

Flayl

Smash Hero
I just can't do it consistently with Donkey Kong. Also I've noticed two less important things:

- Postponing a suicide klaw can make the KO not count for you. It acts as if the opponent SD'd (doesn't matter in stock matches)
- Whoever gets hurt first by the proximity to the blast zone seems completely random. This may or may not be the cause for the above

I'm currently gettting NTSC Brawl on my external Hardrive so I can load up NTSC codes like the frame-by-frame one and find out when you're supposed to push the jump button.

B!squick

Smash Master
Neato. I really want to see the results of this so I can point to it when I tell that one SBR member, "It's not as simple as just jumping at the right time, *******." Though alot more civil than that, even though I find it REALLY annoying when someone talks about something they don't know **** about.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Bad news guys, the frame advance code simply doesn't let me jump out of the klaw.

I've tried:
- Holding Y as I advance each frame
- Alternating between holding X and Y as I advance each frame
- Alternating between holding Y and nothing as I advance each frame
- Hold Y for 1 frame and nothing for the next two
- All of the above with tap jump instead of Y

The best I can do is advance frame by frame until I'm a few frames away from dying, exit frame-by-frame mode and immediately press jump. I haven't tested that yet but it's not going to be much help in knowing what frame we're supposed to press jump.

So this is just a guess of mine but since buffering doesn't work in frame-by-frame mode, I guess this technique uses buffering somehow?

Luxor

Smash Champion
Bad news guys, the frame advance code simply doesn't let me jump out of the klaw.

I've tried:
- Holding Y as I advance each frame
- Alternating between holding X and Y as I advance each frame
- Alternating between holding Y and nothing as I advance each frame
- Hold Y for 1 frame and nothing for the next two
- All of the above with tap jump instead of Y

The best I can do is advance frame by frame until I'm a few frames away from dying, exit frame-by-frame mode and immediately press jump. I haven't tested that yet but it's not going to be much help in knowing what frame we're supposed to press jump.

So this is just a guess of mine but since buffering doesn't work in frame-by-frame mode, I guess this technique uses buffering somehow?
Nah Flayl, the way the frame advance code works, just holding the jump button doesn't actually make you jump unless you're actually free to jump that frame. You can't buffer in frame advance, you just have to be frame-perfect.

If you want to check the first frame you're free to jump after an action, you have to hold X/Y one frame, advance, then release that and hold up for tap jump, advance, release tap jump and hold X/Y...
I want to say that you don't even need tap jump on for frame advance to register it, but I'd keep it on just in case. You were pretty close on how to do it ;)

Flayl

Smash Hero
What is the difference between what you posted and alternating between X and Y?

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
heres a list of stages where bowser cant jump out of his bowsercide:
- shadow moses island
- jungle japes
- mario circuit
- mario bros.
- flat zone 2
- onett

B!squick

Smash Master
It didn't make any difference.
It might just be the character. I really think size plays a large role.

heres a list of stages where bowser cant jump out of his bowsercide:
- shadow moses island
- jungle japes
- mario circuit
- mario bros.
- flat zone 2
- onett
Most of those I get because of the lack of a lower blast zone or the presence of water in Japes' case, but why not Onett? O.o

Flayl

Smash Hero
If anybody can figure out how to jump out of the bowsercide with Donkey Kong conistently let me know, I don't know what to do anymore. I can do it maybe 1 out of 8 tries.

Top Bottom