• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Saffron City (original by spiderjjr45)

Download (based on 75m - NOT on FD)

I have done a lot of work on this stage. (Mostly better collisions) (With Mewtwo_2000's help, he ported it to 75m.) It has the same 3-layer thing going on as Hyrule Castle above, which makes it look quite a bit nicer when you're battling.

NEW: The .zip file now contains two versions. Both have nicer-looking backgrounds, because the floating platforms no longer have a "shadow." One puts the platforms on their own plane so they are directly under the characters, and the other gets rid of them entirely.
This is to hold you over until Mewtwo_2000 finishes his. :)

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
mewtwo you know that sse expansion code you told me about. i searched it and i dont understand how to use it.
I know im a noob. :(

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
The sse code...

Well, there was a program that automated it I guess xD

Anyway, it's quite easy, just look to the explanation in the 'phantom pwnt dantarion' thread and you will see that:

You have to put a standard code
You have to put a custom code which is easy to customize
To customize it, you have to say how many lines the code has, and each line is a stage. The codes for the stages are posted too, so there's no problem with them. And you can place the key activators you want in the next lines. Then, another stage in another line, and other key activators in the next ones... There are also some posted working codes, so you can look at them at learn how they work. Or even request one, aka 'I want to have 6 final destinations with no key activators' or something like that O.o

EDIT:

Daytime Fourside

I'll release it tomorrow xD

Oh, another pic :p

I like this one xD

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I was planning to include the dusk one into the daytime version, so changing/deleting some files with brawlbox in the daytime one, you're able to enable it for your game... But don't know if I should make it as a stage apart... It's the same, but... Not everybody knows how to use Brawlbox, right?

What should I do? xD

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
I was planning to include the dusk one into the daytime version, so changing/deleting some files with brawlbox in the daytime one, you're able to enable it for your game... But don't know if I should make it as a stage apart... It's the same, but... Not everybody knows how to use Brawlbox, right?

What should I do? xD
my friend, i have seen your work, i thin you should make the background change... if its possible. XD

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You mean during gameplay? xD

Sorry, that's not possible for me... I mean, I could make something to make it change, but the lights would not change and that would be weird O.o xD

What I mean is I'm going to make it a 2-in-1 stage, but don't know if I should make things easier for noobs and make them as separate stages

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
well i would know what i would do but noobs probably wouldn't know how, ask annoying questions or even not know it's there

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
You mean during gameplay? xD

Sorry, that's not possible for me... I mean, I could make something to make it change, but the lights would not change and that would be weird O.o xD

What I mean is I'm going to make it a 2-in-1 stage, but don't know if I should make things easier for noobs and make them as separate stages
yes, during gameplay. you could tap in and do something>?

i have a brilliant idea that could chage character hacking.. but there is many problems.
since it is uncharted territory, it involves a lot of testing (and wii crashing) but if this is succsessful, it will be awesome.
sometimes do do things we want, we need to do crazy crap stuff
think how phantom wings felt. he changed brawl forever thanks to the file patch code.

edit: also wat eggman said.

Eggman

Smash Apprentice

What should I do? xD
I say, just to be on the safe side, include both stages. Like stated above, there will be really annoying questions from people who don't understand something as simple as replacing a couple of files

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I say, just to be on the safe side, include both stages. Like stated above, there will be really annoying questions from people who don't understand something as simple as replacing a couple of files
Hooray for knowing our stuff to help noobs :bee:

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
yo mewtwo i dont mean to be pushy but i just wanna check up on the the progress of you porting interior temple of time to mario bros. sorry for being kinda annoying, its just my dad needs the computer and i keep telling him to wait a little longer.

Fire-Soul

Smash Cadet
one question which stages i have to replace for DarkSubspace that is on the first page? :S

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Mewtwo_2000, do you have any progress on the file I sent you? You disappeared from the BrawlBox Creation thread, but you're posting here so I thought about asking you here as well.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Sorry, I forgot answering you (it didn't make sense as you were on a trip xD)

I had no advances with it, it doesn't seem to be willing to move with jiggz. No resizes too. It could be resized with vertex box, but if the model doesn't follow jiggz, there will be no use. I'll make some tries later today, if I get nothing then I think the project won't be able to be done. It would be a shame as the idea is good and epic ^^U

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
They are over the same, but it's not WWR. The rainy one doesn't have rain if you use it as a WWR, you need at least a Final Destination. It works for Battlefield and Newpork too, and Onett is able to load it, but there some pushing thing on the right if you use it as Onett. It may work for other stages too, but not tested.

I think I'm including the rain in modeldata101, so there will be rain in WWR too.

The best thing to have the Fourside versions is having them as the same stage and using Dantarion's alternate stage loader to have them randomly.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i was considering putting them over SMI so it would bring up a random version every time you select the stage.

i'm also looking at putting it over NPC using a .rel

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
If you don't use the alternate stage loader, then the SMI option looks fine.

A FD/BF rel file is the best option to port it over SMI or NPC

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
At the request of somebody else, I started making a Peach's Castle stage:

But the problem is that when you get to the edge...

Yup, and those towers can't be removed =/

So my options are to either find a different place on the castle to fight, or put some floating platforms in front of it and use the castle as the background.

Oh, and the reason I didn't make the stage Melee-styled is because the middle tower on this castle is too tall and has a pointed tip, as opposed to Melee's short tower with a flat top that you could stand on.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
you could make the stage wider/less tall, so at least you could see some of the character

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
It looks pretty similar indeed xD

It could be used when I 3D-ize the 2D version I have from Nikopunksupeermaario xD

Laeryn

Smash Rookie
At the request of somebody else, I started making a Peach's Castle stage:

But the problem is that when you get to the edge...

Yup, and those towers can't be removed =/

So my options are to either find a different place on the castle to fight, or put some floating platforms in front of it and use the castle as the background.

Oh, and the reason I didn't make the stage Melee-styled is because the middle tower on this castle is too tall and has a pointed tip, as opposed to Melee's short tower with a flat top that you could stand on.
You could make character walk on the side towers (and grab edges). If shrinking the castle a bit was possibile (I don't know if it is), it would be even better, because characters could walk behind the towers without being covered.
Using platforms is good, too. You could add one of too in the stage anyway to make the stage more various (there are enough big flat stages I think).

Anyway, my suggestion is to choose the option that lets the player see the most of the castle. Using such a beautiful model would be a waste if only a small part of it appeared on screen.
So shrinking it, or using platform in front of it are probably the best ways imho.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
The 3 Daytime Fourside versions are up

More info in my thread at kc-mm forums :p

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Using platforms is good, too. You could add one of too in the stage anyway to make the stage more various (there are enough big flat stages I think).
Incidentally, that's exactly why I wanted to do this. I was just thinking literally last night that so many people waste all these imports (especially Mario Kart courses) by making generic walkoff stages on a small portion of the track. I first attempted to edit the Maple Treeway stage that I saw last night, and then this morning I saw this request so I instantly jumped on it.

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
You could make character walk on the side towers (and grab edges). If shrinking the castle a bit was possibile (I don't know if it is), it would be even better, because characters could walk behind the towers without being covered.

Anyway, my suggestion is to choose the option that lets the player see the most of the castle. Using such a beautiful model would be a waste if only a small part of it appeared on screen.
So shrinking it, or using platform in front of it are probably the best ways imho.
indeed. i think it is too big.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
MK2 looks good.

I think I have understanded Dant's alternate stage loader. I'm going to try it w/ the Foursides Mewtwo2000 made.

Top Bottom