• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alright, don't ask me how, but I managed to get both 3ds Max / Brawl Box and my games to work, so I'm fine now. My capture card still does not work because I don't have the drivers it needs. Anyway, I was continuing my Stone Tower Temple stage, and I was wondering why moving the Moon I made on Metaknight would mess up in-game. It looks fine in Brawl Box, though.

Here's the file if anyone knows what's wrong. I had this issue before, but I fixed it, twice, but since I didn't hack Brawl in a while, I forgot what I did to fix it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/409044213/STGFINAL.pac

Sometimes having so many issues with hacks makes me want to stop, because I've had enough of fixing, restarting, fixing, and so on, forever. I just lost two vertex hacks I made and I abandoned a few I was working on, just because I either lost the file, or because I didn't feel like continuing the work I had done. Not only that, but Mariokart64n's method does not work for crap for me.

Also, I'm not sure if people will want to, but could you please click on ads on my blog? It would help me get a new driver for my computer, upgrade my blog, and pay a few other things (Personal). I've been accepted in Wordpress's Ad-Control program, and I'm happy they actually accepted me. But, one thing, do not click tons of times. Just once or two, and on two different ads, because Google can know who clicks on your ads.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
How do we animate something? I wanted to animate the floor of one of my stages.

Is there a "ef_Stg(name for MK)" file in there somewhere? That might be it, but I could be wrong seeing that I've never looked at that stage before.
I tried that. Replaced FinalDest's one with MushKing's one but I couldn't see a single difference.
So, it's probably something else... maybe it's the .rel?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
How do we animate something? I wanted to animate the floor of one of my stages.

I tried that. Replaced FinalDest's one with MushKing's one but I couldn't see a single difference.
So, it's probably something else... maybe it's the .rel?
1.Through the bones of the model (Scale/translation/rotation)

2.It's in one of the modedatas

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Thanks Chuy, I'll check it out.

BTW, you're right, but my intention is animate a static image, so it looks like a gif, like Mewtwo_2000 did.
I think I'll check into his file to see how it does look. Maybe I'll get some ideas.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Thanks Chuy, I'll check it out.

BTW, you're right, but my intention is animate a static image, so it looks like a gif, like Mewtwo_2000 did.
I think I'll check into his file to see how it does look. Maybe I'll get some ideas.
Mewtwo had the frames of the animation in the same place but at different depths and would just move them forward/backward to make each frame appear.

Juvad

Smash Rookie
Icicle Mountain = http://uploadmirrors.com/download/0PWH3OT1/Icicle Mountain.rar
Peach's castle = http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=6966&DiplayName=Peach Castle SSBM v.1
Kongo Jungle = Me, finish but i can"t make the animation of the platform...
Termina (already been discussion about it)
Yoshi's Story = If you talk about the version of SSBM, GameWatching do this.
Fountain of Dreams = Mewtwo2000?
old Mute City
Brinstar Depths = Project of GameWatching
Poke Floats = Me but i don't have start
Mushroom Kingdom II
Dreamland 64 = FrozenHobo

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Sorry for double-comment. A glitch :/

Who's make Termina? It's not Great Bay?
i know somebody was making it already, but i'm also going to be making it once i get through most of the rest of the stages on my list.

also, Big Blue+ is pretty much ready. should be ready for the next B+ release.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Even more progress! And thanks to both of you. Now that the mountains hide the Moon, any idea on where it should be?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Oh, right, I forgot about that platform on the back. Also, remember that this isn't an exact replica, but an adaptation made to fit the game.

Edit: There we go:

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I could bring some better screenshots later, if that'd help ya.
No need to, I have the game myself, on both N64 and emulator. I prefer the emulator because I can use the levitate cheat to look around the place easier.

I'm lovin' the progress, keep up the awesome work
Thanks.

BSZ that stage from Sonic, mang? :I
What the next quote says. Lol.

....*superfail* That is from Zelda (Majora's Mask)

br3compactor

Smash Ace
....*superfail* That is from Zelda (Majora's Mask)
I believe he was making a pun.

BSZ = B..... S..... Zone , a Sonic stage.

Dunno which though, since Bullet Station (from Sonic Heroes) doesn't have "Zone", and Scrap Brain Zone would be SBZ instead. Could be a stage I don't know though. lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i was gonna post it then i checked every single sonic game ever for an actual bsz
even the ****ing leap frog games

I HATE YOU

Mit

Smash Ace
@GameWatching: One more big critique:

The slopes at the edges are a lot less steep than what you've got so far. After that it'll be pretty **** close, though.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Honestly, the fact that it's not exactly the same as melee's shouldn't bother you that much.
After all, you're not making the stage for melee. :laugh:
I like the subtle differences, personally, because it sets the two apart, if only a little.

Mit

Smash Ace
Eh, it's just some subtleties like that can be a bit annoying when they affect gameplay that much. Steep slopes at ledges are not the most fun things in the world. They can drastically alter the ledge game for a lot of characters and just get in the way of things. However a small slope doesn't change things too much and only affects the ledge game a small amount, to the point of making the stage unique.

Also, any plans on making the stage go over Yoshi's Island (Brawl) so that the Shy Guys could fly in? :p I imagine that wouldn't be easy, though. Especially with how time changes and everything.

And no sweat about "being blind." I'm sure when you were actually working on the thing in BrawlBox and/or whatever program you vertex with, you were just eyeballing it due to a lack of direct reference. Even if you don't feel like you're the best with fine details, just look at it this way: you are one of the few people who actually know how to create stages like this, and comments from the community only help you to improve, and help everyone else be satisfied even more with your final result.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The slopes are really the only thing off about your emulation of the stage. Fix that and it should be practically perfect. Like said by others, your work is crazy impressive.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Honestly, the fact that it's not exactly the same as melee's shouldn't bother you that much.
After all, you're not making the stage for melee. :laugh:
I like the subtle differences, personally, because it sets the two apart, if only a little.
Errrr Project M is going to be using Yoshi's Story in its official set, so he might as well be making it for Melee.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I've seriously had enough. Anyone can help me find the correct drivers I need for my capture card? As I've said, I got Brawl Box, 3ds Max, and my games to work, but I still need additional drivers for my capture card. My brother told me to download WDM drivers, but that did not work. I've downloaded a lot of different drivers, but still nothing. If you want to know, my capture card is an ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture, and the program I use to record is Intervideo WinDVR 3. It gives me this error upon start-up: "Cannot detect device. Please check hardware or re-install drivers.".

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I've seriously had enough. Anyone can help me find the correct drivers I need for my capture card? As I've said, I got Brawl Box, 3ds Max, and my games to work, but I still need additional drivers for my capture card. My brother told me to download WDM drivers, but that did not work. I've downloaded a lot of different drivers, but still nothing. If you want to know, my capture card is an ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture, and the program I use to record is Intervideo WinDVR 3. It gives me this error upon start-up: "Cannot detect device. Please check hardware or re-install drivers.".
You really need the capture that much?

BTW, there is a program called Everest that can help you find the drivers you need.
You can use a trial version for free. It helped me find some drivers I needed once.

SpectreXS

Smash Cadet
I don't know if it is the right place to ask this but... does anyone have a Jungle Arena that goes over the "croll stage" (the custom 1-9 from phantom wings stage roster expansion system code)? Because I only find this stage going over melee's temple.

Stage pic, for the ones who don't know it by the name:

Thanks.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
CROLL is the credits screen. STGCUSTOM# is PW's expansion.

And you should just port that stage yourself if you want to use it somewhere else.

Top Bottom