Stage Discussion

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
The Rainbow Cruise Stage is at first sight a good looking Stage, but when you look for details in the background the Stage is very ugly. The textures of the cliffs in the right corner of the background is very sludgy. The green texture in the distance has any hint what it actually should be.

JaiTheGuy

Smash Lord
The Rainbow Cruise Stage is at first sight a good looking Stage, but when you look for details in the background the Stage is very ugly. The textures of the cliffs in the right corner of the background is very sludgy. The green texture in the distance has any hint what it actually should be.
Them's fighting words

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Premium
I'm going to have so much fun with stage builder when it comes out.

I think there are plenty of stages that can be recreated in such a good way. Also, those background and foreground elements will make for one hell of a good experience. My only fear is that stage builder stages might not be compatible with local wireless.

Last edited:

Idon

Pranked!
NNID
Femi-fiend
Switch FC
Queen of Kawaii
Especially the red one but I figure if you allow one the door's open for all versions.
I believe it depends on the OST so you could hypothetically lock it to a single or two colors.

Personally though, I'm a fan of the blue. Red and yellow are just a bit too garish for my eyes.

I believe it depends on the OST so you could hypothetically lock it to a single or two colors.

Personally though, I'm a fan of the blue. Red and yellow are just a bit too garish for my eyes.
Coincidentally this means we'll be hearing Mass Destruction and Battle for Everyone's Souls very often in tournaments if they agree that the blue version is the least visually distracting.

Good.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Premium
It looks incredible. I love the metro theme, and an already incredible song plays over my favorite of the three colors (red). Really, I have to respectfully disagree with the people saying it looks "Ugly as Sin". It's defiantly better than double Animal Crossing maps and Smash 4's Final Destination.

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Mementos is amazing, and in my opinion certainly one of the best stages "for fun". The trains from beneath, walls and ceilings can lead to the fact that you can't throw characters off, where they usually can. That can lead to high percentages and people not losing stocks, where they normally would. And these hazards are not disturbing, like a lot of other hazards. Yes, I certainly like this one.