• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
The Rainbow Cruise Stage is at first sight a good looking Stage, but when you look for details in the background the Stage is very ugly. The textures of the cliffs in the right corner of the background is very sludgy. The green texture in the distance has any hint what it actually should be.

D

Deleted member

The Rainbow Cruise Stage is at first sight a good looking Stage, but when you look for details in the background the Stage is very ugly. The textures of the cliffs in the right corner of the background is very sludgy. The green texture in the distance has any hint what it actually should be.
Them's fighting words

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
SO HOW ABOUT THAT STAGE BUILDER

First thing I'm doing is recreating Pac-Maze. Then if I feel like it, the missing N64 stages (Sector Z and Planet Zebes) for the heck of it.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I'm going to have so much fun with stage builder when it comes out.

I think there are plenty of stages that can be recreated in such a good way. Also, those background and foreground elements will make for one hell of a good experience. My only fear is that stage builder stages might not be compatible with local wireless.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Especially the red one but I figure if you allow one the door's open for all versions.
I believe it depends on the OST so you could hypothetically lock it to a single or two colors.

Personally though, I'm a fan of the blue. Red and yellow are just a bit too garish for my eyes.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I believe it depends on the OST so you could hypothetically lock it to a single or two colors.

Personally though, I'm a fan of the blue. Red and yellow are just a bit too garish for my eyes.
Coincidentally this means we'll be hearing Mass Destruction and Battle for Everyone's Souls very often in tournaments if they agree that the blue version is the least visually distracting.

Good.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
It looks incredible. I love the metro theme, and an already incredible song plays over my favorite of the three colors (red). Really, I have to respectfully disagree with the people saying it looks "Ugly as Sin". It's defiantly better than double Animal Crossing maps and Smash 4's Final Destination.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I know nothing about Persona but I quite like the aesthetic of everything, Mementos included.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know how the trigger for the Costume Stages works?

Roberk

Smash Champion
Does anyone know how the trigger for the Costume Stages works?
It’s based on the music that’s playing: Persona 5 music gets you red, Persona 4 music gets you yellow, Persona 3 music gets you blue.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Mementos is amazing, and in my opinion certainly one of the best stages "for fun". The trains from beneath, walls and ceilings can lead to the fact that you can't throw characters off, where they usually can. That can lead to high percentages and people not losing stocks, where they normally would. And these hazards are not disturbing, like a lot of other hazards. Yes, I certainly like this one.

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
Legalize warioware

You need more smaller stages to compensate for all of the bigger stages that the top tiers are ****ing guaranteed to get one of

SpaceCrystal

Smash Cadet
IMO, as fun as both Smashville & Town and City as well as Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 are within many fans, they're way too similar.

I would've just took Pokemon Stadium 1 while adding in Stadium 2's bigger screen and transformations, & completely cut off the electric and flying ones.

And I would've took Town and City & combine it with Smashville's moving platform in the platforms rotation.

Both would've worked like they've combined Flat Zone 1 & 2 with Flat Zone X.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So what are ya'll thinking about this?

A bonus skin for battlefield or Everywhere is Here?

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Do people care about aesthetics of functions regarding a stage?

If makes me wonder of every arena should be Battlefield and Midair Stadium?

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Do people care about aesthetics of functions regarding a stage?

If makes me wonder of every arena should be Battlefield and Midair Stadium?
Some people care about aesthetics, most care about function, and no, every stage shouldn't be Battlefield and whatever the second thing you were trying to say is.

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
I just had a Bayonetta ditto on Castle Dracula. May I take this opportunity to question why stages have to be this freaking dark? No exaggeration, I couldn't see a thing.
Please never, ever have those as legal, not even in FD or BF form.

CbM_

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1723-7582-5511
I know this is kind of stupid but what about making the stages random
this would remove striking and banning and to be honest i think that would be great

ThiagoCavalcanteCarvalho

Smash Apprentice
I imagine this is the most suitable place to post this. Otherwise I would have to create another post.

Concept for a New Stage Builder! I'm going to simplify and I'm not going to focus on the tools and the construction system. I will speak only of use.
Since Super Smash Bros. Brawl that I think the Stage Builder could be used to create things like Target Smash's customized. Fans doing their own Challenges and Events and then sharing them online. Imagine how many types of events we would have? It would be infinite! And if it were possible to filter the good from the bad with immense quality and still make use of great ratings, we would have a sea of game modes. The idea here would be not only to be able to create Target Smash and Events, but also to make our own stages as we had in SubSpace Emissary's Adventure Mode.

Speaking of Target Smash. In 64, there were different modes, like simply jumping on some platforms. At Melee we only had Target Smash, but each character had its own challenge. In Brawl, TS already had difficulty levels and could count on time. But there was no game mode for each character. in 4th Smash we no longer had Target Smash mode.

But with online mode this would be possible. It would still be possible to do things like configurable targets. Like having to hit some in a specific order, targets that could only be broken with a certain blow, or with a sweet spot, spike, meteor effect or toss. Areas to be avoided, sandbags, targets, objects or enemies to be thrown to a location or beyond a certain point or distance. Use certain items. The pre-selected and correct use of certain trophies and Pokémon. Fight with certain enemies, characters, trophies, Pokémon, bosses. In addition to specific rules like the ones we see at events. And, if we could choose from a large list of enemies and bosses, it would still be possible to make stages, as we already see in Mario Maker. Even without cinematic scenes it would bring us the best single player moments of the series (or co-op).

Can I make a post containing just that?

Last edited:

Erased member

Smash Apprentice
It's probably asking too much at this point, but I wish they would sell some of the missing stages as separate DLC like Orbital Gate Assault or Pyrosphere. Orbital Gate is the one that stings the most to me, I never owned Smash Wii U so I didn't get much mileage out of it and only played on that stage a couple of times. And since Sakurai said that that stage took a year to complete, it would be a shame to see that work go to waste.
Sakurai should also bring back Sector Z (N64) & Pac-Maze (3DS) + Poké Floats was a Popular stage from Melee that a lot of people really liked!

Erased member

Smash Apprentice
Having the option to choose Alternate Versions of "Battlefield" & "Final Destination" would be Great! For an example, press the following buttons 1st:

"N64" Version: L
Melee Version: R
Brawl Version: ZL
3DS Version: -
Wii U Version: ZR

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
Having the option to choose Alternate Versions of "Battlefield" & "Final Destination" would be Great! For an example, press the following buttons 1st:

"N64" Version: L
Melee Version: R
Brawl Version: ZL
3DS Version: -
Wii U Version: ZR
Brawl Final Destination *shudder*

Top Bottom