• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ahh but Johto at the very least got a rep :'):pichumelee: Hoenn hasn't had either.
Very true. It possibly had a planned rep in Brawl, and it did have a Boss. The only Generation to do so, notably. ...I hope Mega Rayquaza was created early enough to make an appearance on the stage. >_>

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Very true. It possibly had a planned rep in Brawl, and it did have a Boss. The only Generation to do so, notably. ...I hope Mega Rayquaza was created early enough to make an appearance on the stage. >_>
At the very least Rayquaza returns on the Kalos Pokémon league stage and Blaziken is there too and of course Wailord :')

domokl

Smash Lord
I kinda doubt rayquaza would be in a hypothetical hoenn stage since he already seems to be a boss on kalos league. that or a pokeball;

Squilava14

Smash Rookie
Some random place in West-South of the France.
What would be great is Nintendo bring back the Hanebow stage. I mean... It was so cool and relaxing (Maybe too dificult,which is the principal reason most of people doon't like this stage.)

Also,it will be funny we have a pokemon stage based on the anime. Because... I mean.... If the anime wasn't made,pikachu's popularity will be the same as the other's pokemons. Also,She is the only reason Jigglypuff is in. Because she was popular. Why? Because she was a really cute gag character. Where? IN THE ANIME. Stop me when you will get it. So,the anime haven't some rememorable zone. Exept one: The scene from the Jigglypuff episode. (Yeah,i kinda like her, i think it's not a big mistery.) It shold be intrusting.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
What would be great is Nintendo bring back the Hanebow stage. I mean... It was so cool and relaxing (Maybe too dificult,which is the principal reason most of people doon't like this stage.)

Also,it will be funny we have a pokemon stage based on the anime. Because... I mean.... If the anime wasn't made,pikachu's popularity will be the same as the other's pokemons. Also,She is the only reason Jigglypuff is in. Because she was popular. Why? Because she was a really cute gag character. Where? IN THE ANIME. Stop me when you will get it. So,the anime haven't some rememorable zone. Exept one: The scene from the Jigglypuff episode. (Yeah,i kinda like her, i think it's not a big mistery.) It shold be intrusting.
Hanonbow was just really hard to fight in for me. The layout didn't feel well made for Smash. It had an interesting concept though.

Personally, I'd rather them bring back more 64 and Melee stages. Brawl has like 18 returning now throughout both versions... :(

Anime Pokemon stage would be... idk, what would they actually use? There isn't anything that's iconic in terms of location, all the iconic stuff were just scenes. Personally though, I'd be content if they give Mewtwo his armor alt from the anime. That would be sweet!

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Hanonbow was just really hard to fight in for me. The layout didn't feel well made for Smash. It had an interesting concept though.

Personally, I'd rather them bring back more 64 and Melee stages. Brawl has like 18 returning now throughout both versions... :(

Anime Pokemon stage would be... idk, what would they actually use? There isn't anything that's iconic in terms of location, all the iconic stuff were just scenes. Personally though, I'd be content if they give Mewtwo his armor alt from the anime. That would be sweet!
The island from "Island of the giant Pokemon" would be awesome :070: You could fight on that roller coaster thingy which moves around the island. The giant Pokemon (Venusaur, Blastoise, Zapdos etc.) could function as stage hazards when you drive past them :drsad:

It's not related to any of the Pokemon characters in Smash (maybe Charizard), but it would have been a cool concept.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The island from "Island of the giant Pokemon" would be awesome :070: You could fight on that roller coaster thingy which moves around the island. The giant Pokemon (Venusaur, Blastoise, Zapdos etc.) could function as stage hazards when you drive past them :drsad:

It's not related to any of the Pokemon characters in Smash (maybe Charizard), but it would have been a cool concept.
Oh my god, why didn't I think of that?! It prob won't ever happen but that would rule.

Come to think of it, PokeFloats was almost essentially that but in the sky... lol

Squilava14

Smash Rookie
Some random place in West-South of the France.

Actually,i forget to tell something: i want them to REMAKE the Hanebow stage.... It was really hard. And, my main being Jigglypuff,the roll attack was just suicide. They sould make a more stable version. With mor large leaves. Or at lease one stable on the middle of the stage. It would be strange,but really cool. For Meele,Idk. I never played it,and it kinda pisses me off everyone had an orgasm aboutit XD But.... I think it should be a good idea.Because in brawl... The meele stages where so ugly... Really? Brinstar? Anyway,i can't really tell for this one,beacause i never played Melee. For the pokemon anime,it's legit,for the reasons i quote in my first messages... But... Exept scene of Jigglypuff,in the modern city of Randomish, i can't remember any. So it would be difficult to put one in SSB4.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
So if Wolf and Leon appear in Orbital Gate Assault's communications channel, is it likely that theyl'll use their SF64 3D VAs?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well probably mentioned but remember not every stage most likely did not get revealed

Even though fake but ToS may have ben right the first time about magicant stage in both versions

On the triangle area under the franklin badge by the heart castle

Its the enemy from that stage

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Well probably mentioned but remember not every stage most likely did not get revealed

Even though fake but ToS may have ben right the first time about magicant stage in both versions

On the triangle area under the franklin badge by the heart castle

Its the enemy from that stage
I still think we will get the return of New Pork City.
:npc:What with 8 player smash
But 3 mother stages would be amazing
One for each number of the games in the series :)

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Hmm, guess here would be the best place to put this. Made a post on another forum about stage legality, so I'd figure I'd throw it here for discussion's sake.

Guesswork after Post-Direct footage:

Neutral:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination/Omega Stage Forms
-Smashville
-Town and City
-Lylat Cruise
-Miiverse

Counterpick/Neutral?:
-Big Battlefield (Stage may be too large to be a starter.)

Counterpick:
-Delfino Plaza
-Halberd
-Castle Siege
-Skyloft
-Pilotwings
-Wuhu Island

Banned/Counterpick?:
-Kongo Jungle 64 (Banned in Melee singles, will probably be extensively tested.)
-Mushroom Kingdom U (Good stage layout, but the hazards look like a big problem.)
-Wooly World (Stage transition and moving platforms may too heavily favor aerial-based characters.)
-Wrecking Crew (Platform transitions don't seem to damage/affect gameplay, but upper platforms may be too close to upper blast lines.)

Banned:
-Kalos Pokemon League (Stage frequently changes form, and all forms have constant and disruptive hazards. Torches, swords, water stream/walkoffs, and Rayquaza.)
-Wii Fit Studio (Permanent walk-off stage.)
-Gamer (Centralizing(?) hazard with the mother, which will inevitably disrupt gameplay.)
-Orbital Gate (Seems to heavily advantage aerially inclined characters akin to Rainbow Cruise.)
-Jungle Hijinx (Stage gimmick will probably allow a lot of stalling attempts or back-and-forth that slows gameplay to a crawl.)
-Coliseum (Permanent walk-off with high-reaching platforms.)
-Garden of Hope (Aristocrab swarm.)
-Pokemon Stadium 2 (Frequently disruptive/game changing transformations.)
-Mario Galaxy (Permanent walk-off stage.)
-Mario Kart 8 Circuit (Seems to have overly powerful car hazards and a lot of wall-bouncing.)
-Norfair (Platforms are small, constant hazards, instant death hazard that shifts gameplay focus.)
-Yoshi's Island (Permanent walk-off stage, caves of life with the flipping blocks.)
-Skyworld (Impassable platforms that can cause early gimps, disrupt recovery, and allow for caves of life.)
-Temple (Stalling, caves of life on the mid-lower half of the stage.)
-Bridge of Eldin (Permanent walk-off stage, huge size allows for camping, incredibly disruptive stage hazards.)
-Port Town Aero Dive (Cars hit hard and KO very early, main platform has no grabbable ledges.)
-Onett (Permanent walk-off stage, powerful and random car hazard.)
-Luigi's Mansion (Caves of life in impassable platforms, circle camping ala Temple possible with stage design.)
-Mario Circuit (Permanent walk-off stage, powerful car hazard.)
-Great Cave Offensive (Literally everything)
-75m (Only stable, large platforms are walk-off areas or are littered with hazards. Massive size allows for stalling.)
-Boxing Ring (Permanent walk-off stage, camping on lights against characters with bad jumps.)
-Palutena's Temple (Stalling, probably has caves of life like Hyrule Temple, etc.)
-Dr. Wily's Castle (Yellow Devil stage hazard completely shifts gameplay focus to it rather than PvP, can interrupt gameplay, etc.)
-Pyrosphere (Centralizes gameplay around Ridley, provides ludicrous advantage for people who get him, other stage hazards seem to exist, etc.)
-Pac-Land/MS Paint Land (Seems to be a sidescroller, making it a permanent walk-off stage.)
-Windy Hill (Irregular design, springs on side that will disrupt recovery, sides of stage are very close to blast zones, and top of stage seems relatively close to the upper blast zone.)
-Guar Plain (Huge size and irregular platform placement that advantages aerial characters. Metal Face is an additional point against, much like Ridley and Yellow Devil.)

Just my guesses here. Seems like we'll get a sizable amount of tournament-legal stages this time around.

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
This picture drives me Insane!!!!!!!!
I think the whole day in this.
It it Pirate Ship or not. The water is the same like in Wind Waker but if younuse the Octopus the sky will not gray. So isn´t it the Pirate Ship stage. Is there anyone who can help me out this waiting drives me crazy.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
This picture drives me Insane!!!!!!!!
I think the whole day in this.
It it Pirate Ship or not. The water is the same like in Wind Waker but if younuse the Octopus the sky will not gray. So isn´t it the Pirate Ship stage. Is there anyone who can help me out this waiting drives me crazy.
The water isn't quite the same, but it is in a similar style.
It's possible it's just Pirate Ship with re-done textures, but even in WWHD, the water has those crisp, stark lines. It would be weird if that was the water texture for Pirate Ship.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
The water isn't quite the same, but it is in a similar style.
It's possible it's just Pirate Ship with re-done textures, but even in WWHD, the water has those crisp, stark lines. It would be weird if that was the water texture for Pirate Ship.

Doesn't Game & Watch's Final Smash fade the screen out a little bit? I only ask because the water looks the exact same just faded in the Octopus pic.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Doesn't Game & Watch's Final Smash fade the screen out a little bit? I only ask because the water looks the exact same just faded in the Octopus pic.
It does, yeah.

The water isn't the same, though. If you look, the water in Wind Waker (and on the Pirate Ship stage) has very crisp lines between the white and blue. In the G&W picture, the white lines have fluffy cloud-like edges, which isn't like Wind Waker at all.

The pattern is similar, which makes me think it could be a Wind Waker stage, but it could easily be something else.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
So I stumbled across this video today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEx7D9mXFz0

Around the 2:40 mark the guy shows the stage select screen with 40 stages available, and says there is still a "buttload" (his word) of stages to unlock. This is awesome.
I'm actually wondering if every 3DS stage won't be in the Wii U version. We already know Gaur Plains, Wily's Castle, and Boxing Ring are shared, and there has been a hint that Magicant may be in the Wii U version. Plus they showed off all of the 3DS stages in the Wii U Direct which I found odd. I guess we'll know soon enough.

I would personally like to see some more past stages back:

Fountain of Dreams
Green Greens
New Pork City
Subcon
Mario Bros. (Brawl)
Summit (...sigh...)

And as far as new stages go, we need a Bowser's Castle stage already.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Just hope that F-zero and Earthbound have a new stage (or the 3DS one)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So I stumbled across this video today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEx7D9mXFz0

Around the 2:40 mark the guy shows the stage select screen with 40 stages available, and says there is still a "buttload" (his word) of stages to unlock. This is awesome.
I'm actually wondering if every 3DS stage won't be in the Wii U version. We already know Gaur Plains, Wily's Castle, and Boxing Ring are shared, and there has been a hint that Magicant may be in the Wii U version. Plus they showed off all of the 3DS stages in the Wii U Direct which I found odd. I guess we'll know soon enough.

I would personally like to see some more past stages back:

Fountain of Dreams
Green Greens
New Pork City
Subcon
Mario Bros. (Brawl)
Summit (...sigh...)

And as far as new stages go, we need a Bowser's Castle stage already.
"butload" you say?

Geez, that pm64 music + stage might happen after all :)

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
I want you all to just take a second and look at the graphical difference. Warning, Huge.

WHY can't they do that with all the other past stages?? Yoshi's Island looks almost exactly the same... I mean. Look at the rock formations!

Anyway

So if tradition entails, and each universe in the home console version gets at least one stage, then we're still looking at a Wii U F-Zero, Game and Watch, Duck Hunt and Earthbound stage. Along with the additions of a second Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, Metroid, Star Fox and Donkey Kong stage. 55 Stages in total. Daaayuum

Second Zelda stage is probably from Wind Waker... Duck Hunt is pretty obvious as to what it'll be, probably in the same style as Pac-Land. I never played Earthbound so I don't really know what they could do there. Though Magicant could look cool in HD

As for the second stages for other franchises for what I'm hoping

Zelda: The leak about Forest Haven being a stage just makes me want that stage. So bad. Or give us something similiar to Kalos Pokemon League, except with 5 stages transitioning between the 5 major boss battles (Gohma, Kalle Demos, Molgera, Jalhalla and Ganon (maybe even throw in Gohdan, Helmaroc King and Puppet Ganon)
Pokemon: Vermilion City still hoping for something from one of the home console games. Give us Realgam Tower!
Kirby: I played Kirby 64.... and that's it. Count me out for this.
Metroid: Never even played. Blasphemy I'm sorry
Star Fox: ^^ Rinse and repeat
Donkey Kong: Anything from Tropical Freeze. Anything. Or something from Diddy's Kong Quest or Dixie's Double Trouble. But if you really wanna make me happy give me something from DK64.

Also bring back Saffron City
longpostislong

Last edited:

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I've already wrote this down at the different forum, but I was thinking maybe I could post it here as well so we could think about it...

Since we know that Pac-Land may be a secret stage and Pokemon Stadium 2 returns, there might be more stages that can be secret stages I hope. But we don't know what would those stages be, anything new, anything returning. So I decided to bring up the stage infos that came from that now dead ToS leak. Just to inform you, I know this leak's already debunked, but some stages were lucky guesses and coincidences, so it won't be odd if there were more lucky ones to be chosen later on. I just brought this up as ideas, so no offenses please.

So here are the stages that came from the ToS leak...
Mario Galaxy / Mushroom Kingdom U / Bowser's Castle / Rainbow Cruise / Delfino Plaza / Luigi Mansion
Jungle Hijinx / Bramble Blast / Rumble Falls
Yoshi's Story / Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Game & Wario (Gamer) / Warioware
Skyloft / Forest Haven / Temple / Bridge of Eldin / Pirate Ship
Kalos Pokemon League / Nimbasa City / Pokemon Stadium 2
Pyrosphere / Tourian / Norfair
Palutena's Temple / Underworld / Skyworld
Coliseum / Castle Siege
Cookie Country / Mt. DeDeDe / Patch Land / Halberd
Great Fox (Orbital Gate) / Lyrat Cruise
Mute City / Port Town Aero Dive
Magicant / Onett
Garden of Hope / Distant Planet
Town & City / Smashville
Boxing Ring / Wii Fit Studio / Gaur Plains / Rhythm Heaven
Pilot Wings / Nintendo Land / NES Remix / Endless Ocean
Greenhouse / Flat Zone 2 / Gyromite / Shooting Gallery
Windy Hill / Wily Castle / Pac-Land
Among this list, here are the stages that was officially announces, alongside with the stages that were lucky enough to be chosen, or chosen as in coincidence...
Mario Galaxy / Mushroom Kingdom U / Delfino Plaza / Luigi Mansion
Jungle Hijinx / Gamer / Skyloft / Temple / Bridge of Eldin / Kalos Pokemon League / Pokemon Stadium 2
Pyrosphere / Norfair / Palutena's Temple / Skyworld / Coliseum / Castle Siege
Halberd / Orbital Gate / Lyrat Cruise / Port Town Aero Dive / Onett
Garden of Hope / Town & City / Smashville / Boxing Ring / Wii Fit Studio / Gaur Plains
Pilot Wings / Windy Hill / Wily Castle / Pac-Land
Next are the stages I think they won't be chosen further on...
Bowser's Castle / Rainbow Cruise / Bramble Blast / Rumble Falls / Tourian
Warioware / Yoshi's Story / Yoshi's Island (Melee) / Cookie Country / Mt. DeDeDe
Patch Land / Distant Planet / NES Remix / Endless Ocean / Mute City
And these are the left overs which I think there may be chances of being lucky guesses...
Forest Haven / Pirate Ship / Nimbasa City (or somewhere in Unova)
Magicant (probably Earthbound ver.) / Nintendo Land / Greenhouse (or Flat Zone 3)
Here are the reasons I chose these stages...
1. They should have a Toon Link based stages, and there is that G&W's Octopus pic that some people think it takes place in the ocean of the Pirate Ship which may be possible.
2. If the 3DS Pokemon stage have a Unova Pokemon League and Prism Tower (Lumiose Town), then the Wii U version should have the opposite since, which the Unova side should have a metropolitan stage. I was thinking Nimbasa can be because there are so many symbolic areas there, such as the Ferris Wheel.
3. G&W should have a new stage, and since the Greenhouse is a double-screened game, then Flat Zone 3 should be based on that. Plus since it's double-screened, they can use it as an enlarged stage for the 8-Player Smash.
4. There's already a Magicant in 3DS, but that's the MOTHER version or it. The Wii U version can be the Earthbound version as in a different background view.
5. The last direct said they're gonna bring most of the musics from 3DS to Wii U, so maybe those NES related musics like the Balloon Fight can be used for Nintendo Land.
6. I don't know about Gyromite and Shooting Gallery which I didn't added in, but they should add a new stage for ROB and Duck Hunt if possible...

So then...got any ideas?

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I still think we will get the return of New Pork City.
:npc:What with 8 player smash
But 3 mother stages would be amazing
One for each number of the games in the series :)
Considering Mother lost Lucas from its reps in Smash, I wouldn't mind New Pork returning as an 8-Player Smash stage.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
I know I've mentioned this before, maybe even on this thread, but Mt Battle for Pokémon stage. You get to battle over a VOLCANO! How cool would that be? It could even be a side scroller: scroll up the mountain, with or without the stairs, Pokémon cameos along the way, hop over or walk through the checkpoints, all the way up to the final battle with or without a stage boss (seriously, if they made the stage unfair enough through the rest of the scrolling, and they gave us a stage boss vs Mt Battlemaster's Pokémon, I wouldn't even be mad. I would play on that for days.) Omega version can be floor 100. In HD too.

Holy crap we need Pokémon Coliseum/XD HD remakes

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm glad that 75m was changed so that those 2 walkoff platforms on the right are gone.

nkhlshnd99

Smash Rookie
And speaking of Sonic arrangements...the only music arrange they had for Sonic back in Brawl was Angel Island Zone, which was made by Jun Senoue, and no one other than him made any arrange songs for Sonic. Since we know Jun Senoue's not in that musician list which means he not gonna participate this time, then there's no other musician who wanna try out the Sonic music arranges. I just don't know why...maybe Sonic's minor than Mario in Japan.
His world

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Since we are never getting an Advance Wars rep, I am hoping for an Advance Wars stage in Smash Wii U, at least. That stupid Infantry AT isn't enough.

Top Bottom