• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I love Scotland!

anyway.......would it hurt if I say toad will NEVER be playable? he shouldn't anyway imo.
waluigi daisy bowser j ect are more likely too.
If they tried to make Toad a playable fighter, they'd have to get really creative with the moves he'd use. I imagine his moves would be mostly inspired from spin-off games like Mario Party or Mario Kart.

Even then, I can imagine a moveset like that would be not just far-fetched, but nitpicky in trying to find moves that come off as attacks for Toad.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Take all Toad Discussion to the Character Threads, people.

I saw this one stage concept someone here made in, I believe, the summer of 2011 for the Ice Climbers that I really liked. Essentially, it took place inside a giant ice cave inside the Infinite Glacier. It looked really nice, so it'd be awesome if something like that made it into Smash 4.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Toad has been in i think 53 games and needs to be in this one yet this picture still scares me http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toad_(Mario)
what on earth are you on about?

Take all Toad Discussion to the Character Threads, people.

I saw this one stage concept someone here made in, I believe, the summer of 2011 for the Ice Climbers that I really liked. Essentially, it took place inside a giant ice cave inside the Infinite Glacier. It looked really nice, so it'd be awesome if something like that made it into Smash 4.
if you find that pic please do post it

_Sheik

Smash Lord
So a Youtuber spotted a Garden of Hope FD version at 19:05 during the Smash Direct video, could a mod add it to the confirmed stuff thread? Thanks.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So Wonder Red's disconfirmaton got me thinking about potential W101 stages. This is what I thought of.

The Virgin Victory is present throughout basically all of the game, serves as the base of operations, and can travel basically anywhere, which can lead to quite a few nice backdrops. You'd fight on the top of the ship, where the terrain is basically completely flat. As the ships flies around it could be attacked by many of the enemies from the game which could serve as boss characters. I can't remember the names, but theres the big enemy mech from the first area, Vijounnes octopus mech, and Prince Vorkken's Meizzer are a few examples.

Pixxler

Smash Cadet
Are you referring to Pyrosphere?
i nearly forgot that stage lol Embarrass but we still don't know what's happening on there (like lava coming up and fire fountains...)
hope there will be a second metroid stage where there is a boss of metroid prime 3 in the background or something :chuckle:

Morbi

Scavenger
i nearly forgot that stage lol Embarrass but we still don't know what's happening on there (like lava coming up and fire fountains...)
hope there will be a second metroid stage where there is a boss of metroid prime 3 in the background or something :chuckle:
I am sure we will get another Metroid stage; one that doesn't have anything to do with lava.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
For returning stages, I'm thinking it'll be like this:

3DS Version:
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Corneria
Castle Siege
Green Greens
Pokemon Stadium 2
Onett

Wii U Version:
Halberd
Rumble Falls
Pirate Ship
Temple
Onett
Brinstar
Lylat Cruise

R0Y

Smash Master
Banned or not, Temple was my favourite stage and Palutena's Temple takes that up to 11.

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Banned or not, Temple was my favourite stage and Palutena's Temple takes that up to 11.

Man, it really is a ginormous stage. I hope I can get good, big HD TV before the game comes out, because in my old SD TV would look like ants are fighting.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Given the picture, I think we could easily get small, slightly lowered, side platforms to spice gameplay up a little
Yeah that's definitely a possibility. The only thing I don't like about that though is then it'd be similar to Jungle Japes, which is only a problem for me cause I hate that stage lol.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
There are other issues with Japes.
It's uneven, it has water and it has arbitrary klaptrap kills, just to name a few things.

IMO atleast, Japes is not a reason to dislike a stage shape, only a reason to dislike what was done with it in that instance.

Last edited:

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
On the subject of N64 stages, would having to radically revamp them visually like Mario Kart does with its classic stages be a thing against them returning or not? Then again, wouldn't some Melee stages also need graphical updates for the Wii U version, too?

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
For returning stages, I'm thinking it'll be like this:

3DS Version:
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Corneria
Castle Siege
Green Greens
Pokemon Stadium 2
Onett

Wii U Version:
Halberd
Rumble Falls
Pirate Ship
Temple
Onett
Brinstar
Lylat Cruise
I'd rather have Luigi's Mansion on the Wii U version and have a Dark Moon stage on the 3DS version.

Also the concept of any Brawl stages appearing on the 3DS version is terrible because that would mean the loss of all but two music tracks. I hope Sakurai isn't stupid enough to actually do that.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I'd rather have Luigi's Mansion on the Wii U version and have a Dark Moon stage on the 3DS version.

Also the concept of any Brawl stages appearing on the 3DS version is terrible because that would mean the loss of all but two music tracks. I hope Sakurai isn't stupid enough to actually do that.
Well, some of the other soundtracks could just randomly appear on Wii U stages.

Like say, if Pictochat were to be seen again on 3DS, then there's NOTHING stopping stuff like Lip's theme from appearing somewhere else, stopping Dr. Mario's theme from appearing somewhere else etc. Obviously, not all of Brawl's songs will come back, that's just impractical, but it's not like 3DS will stop some of those other songs from appearing.

R0Y

Smash Master
On the subject of N64 stages, would having to radically revamp them visually like Mario Kart does with its classic stages be a thing against them returning or not? Then again, wouldn't some Melee stages also need graphical updates for the Wii U version, too?
Doesn't seem to happen in Smash, at least so far. Halberd is just an up-res too, I could see Temple being so as well.

Last edited:

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Well, some of the other soundtracks could just randomly appear on Wii U stages.

Like say, if Pictochat were to be seen again on 3DS, then there's NOTHING stopping stuff like Lip's theme from appearing somewhere else, stopping Dr. Mario's theme from appearing somewhere else etc. Obviously, not all of Brawl's songs will come back, that's just impractical, but it's not like 3DS will stop some of those other songs from appearing.
What's the point of even bringing a stage back if its music selection is going to be completely butchered

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
C'mon Nintendo. add at least 1 or 2 N64 stages...
I think they'd have to reinvent N64 stages a bit, a la Mario Kart 8's retro tracks.

I'd personally hate to fight with HD rendered characters on a 15 year old blocky stage. It'd be cool to see them updated.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I think we can predict a few stages based on the music tracks in the Direct:
Rocket Barrel - new Donkey Kong stage
Area 6 - new Star Fox stage
Green Greens - new Kirby stage
Yoshi's Island - new Yoshi's Island stage

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Dreamland was my favourite but Saffron City was a unique stage that, with its moving platforms, really helped in my first learning to play. Hyrule Castle feels like it may have been an early attempt at the Temple stage archetype that didn't quite work out. It's a great stage but I don't see it returning.

As for the other stages, Zebes and Sector Z have been made obsolete. The same could maybe be argued for Yoshi's Island but, IMO atleast, it's the most representative and best designed stage Yoshi has ever had, despite the problems the clouds cause in competitive play.
Peach's Castle is a terribly designed stage in terms of actually representing its namesake but it does show off so many different classic Mario stage pieces and puts them together for wacky gameplay.
Kongo Jungle I'm simply not a fan of.
Metal Cavern is a touch small but it's a glorious stage and could both play and display beautifully on modern consoles.

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
I hope we get Hyrule Castle, Mute City, Great Bay, Fourside, and Pokemon Stadium 1 (again).

Brawl didn't have that many good stages in my opinion, but I would love it if we got Pirate Ship, Castle Siege, and Frigate Orpheon back. We're already getting Halberd, which I liked.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It's a shame we're not getting Spear Pillar this time, it was one of the only non-generic bull**** Pokemon stages.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I see Pictochat and Hanenbow coming to the 3DS version, it would be silly otherwise.

But in terms of what N64 stage to bring back, I agree Hyrule Castle doesn't seem like a good choice and was their first failed attempt at a temple-like stage. Dreamland just feels uninspired. Saffron City is probably the best choice for something unique, it might even be able to see an update for one of the new cities with tall tallbuildings.

Top Bottom