• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think Stage DLC might be more like to happen than more Character DLC anyway. Other than Miiverse, we could easily see more stages. I imagine another Pokemon is fairly likely as is. It's just that big of a series, and showing off more Pokemon via stages is a great thing to do. It's already well shown character-wise, but pretty poor stage-wise. Trophies/Music are great too.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I would like to see Summit from Brawl make a return. If we can't have Ice Climbers back we could at least welcome back their stage, it'd be good to have continuous representation of as much as possible in the game, characters or stages.

Also Pokemon deserves at least one more stage. And I wouldn't mind Hyrule Castle 64 returning either.

Last edited:

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
I think it's a touch of Sakurai bias because I think Super Star is the last Kirby game he made and you can tell because there hasn't been an ordinary Dream Land stage since Green Greens from Melee despite there being a recent Dream Land game on a console. And no I don't count the Gameboy stage being a Dream Land stage, he may as well have reused Green Greens from Melee.
And how about a Super Mario Sunshine Medley for Delfino Plaza? They made Medleys for most of the other returning stages that already have remixes from their representative game but Delfino plaza still only has two songs from Sunshine which none are remixes, just two boring songs ripped from the game. I guess I'll go with Rainbow Cruise since it's the closest thing we have to at least a Super Mario 64 Medley.
He's last game was actually Kirby's Air Ride... man a City Trial stage would have been so fitting, with the whole Smash Run deal...

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Speaking of which we are seriously lacking Kirby rep from more recent games. A Return to Dreamland or Triple Deluxe themed staged would've been cool.

Keywords would have. No sense wishing over what could have been.

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
I think the most likely new stage up for DLC has to be a Wind Waker stage. Think about it, we only got one new stage yet we got two returning stages for Zelda which none of them being Pirate Ship from Brawl. The 3DS version got two Zelda stages which one being from a new game and one being from a remake why shouldn't it be the same case for the Wii U?

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
He's last game was actually Kirby's Air Ride... man a City Trial stage would have been so fitting, with the whole Smash Run deal...
Oh yeah I forgot Air Ride with it's similar menus to Smash, makes sense. :p
I think Stage DLC might be more like to happen than more Character DLC anyway. Other than Miiverse, we could easily see more stages. I imagine another Pokemon is fairly likely as is. It's just that big of a series, and showing off more Pokemon via stages is a great thing to do. It's already well shown character-wise, but pretty poor stage-wise. Trophies/Music are great too.
The problem is that Pokemon is a handheld based series so when Sakurai has good ideas for Pokemon stages he probably creates them with the 3DS in mind which is why the 3DS has two new stages while we were lucky enough to get Kalos Pokemon league on the Wii U version while Pokemon Stadium likely reps the original Pokemon Stadiums on the N64. For the next stage Sakurai could reach for the Orre region from Colosseum and XD but I find that unlikely because there's 0 rep from any of those game in Smash. Poketopia would be cool as well but I also doubt that for the same reason. In fact, just watch him grab Poke Park instead.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Oh yeah I forgot Air Ride with it's similar menus to Smash, makes sense. :p

The problem is that Pokemon is a handheld based series so when Sakurai has good ideas for Pokemon stages he probably creates them with the 3DS in mind which is why the 3DS has two new stages while we were lucky enough to get Kalos Pokemon league on the Wii U version while Pokemon Stadium likely reps the original Pokemon Stadiums on the N64. For the next stage Sakurai could reach for the Orre region from Colosseum and XD but I find that unlikely because there's 0 rep from any of those game in Smash. Poketopia would be cool as well but I also doubt that for the same reason. In fact, just watch him grab Poke Park instead.
I wouldn't say we were lucky to get the Kalos stage. Pokemon's mainline games are handheld exclusive, and the mainline games in Smash tends to take priority over spinoffs for representation, so naturally we would still get handheld based stages on Wii U for franchises like this. The Pokemon Stadium stages in Smash are only a small nod to Pokemon Stadium on N64 (at least only the first stage) in name-only, but they're original stages otherwise. They are more or less to represent the franchise as a whole.

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I would have loved to see more Super Mario Sunshine music on Isle Delfino. Imagine the boss battle theme, or "Mecha Bowser Appears!" as music for the stage. Or even a Medley would be nice as others have said.

I'm holding on to hope that Mute City (3DS ) and Magicant will be DLC.

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
The Pokemon Stadium stages in Smash are only a small nod to Pokemon Stadium on N64 (at least only the first stage) in name-only, but they're original stages otherwise. They are more or less to represent the franchise as a whole.
Great point sir. It`s the same case with Jungle Japes where it takes the name of the level and Cranky`s lab from DK64 (another game that has little to no rep other than trophy descriptions and the DK Rap) but contains more elements from DKC and is classified as a DKC stage. And it hit me that with ever new Smash game there are less and less stages that rep franchises as a whole but rather rep specific games from certain franchises. In fact I think the only new stages on the Wii U version that reps the franchise as a whole is Colosseum, Flat Zone X, Wii Fit Studio, and Boxing Ring.

I would have loved to see more Super Mario Sunshine music on Isle Delfino. Imagine the boss battle theme, or "Mecha Bowser Appears!" as music for the stage. Or even a Medley would be nice as others have said.

I'm holding on to hope that Mute City (3DS ) and Magicant will be DLC.
This x1000. Delfino Plaza and Ricco Harbor are probably the worst songs to fight to. Even environmental noises from can get intense given the right circumferences. The boss theme from Sunshine is one of my all time favorites from the Mario series. And Mute City and Magicant were probably the best stages from the 3DS (minus the flying man) though for some reason Sakurai thought making two more stages shared between versions just for the sake of F-Zero and Mother having new stages on both versions would be too lazy so he decided to do the un-lazy thing and not bother at all with it so he would leave F-Zero and Mother as the only franchises without new stages on the Wii U version which leaves them each with one less stage than in Brawl.

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
Honestly though we should probably blame the Tower of Smash leaker over Sakurai for giving us these insanely high expectations with his cool ideas who I stupidly believed in just because a got a couple ideas right and I assumed anyone who can write up something like this must love Smash as much as we do so I wouldn't see how anyone can put that much time and creativity into something that was just a prank to disappoint the whole lot of us for no reason.

I at least have to give Sakurai a lot of credit for coming up with Mario Circuit and Wooly World (My favorite new stages) and picking Kongo Jungle 64 (My favorite returning stage) over Rumble Falls for DK's returning stage which none of those things were predicted by that leaker so props to Sakurai for coming up with awesome ideas that outdid even what 4chan scumbags can come up with.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Personally, I would've preferred Kongo Jungle from Melee rather than Congo Jungle 64. I just loved that stage.

I would love to see Brinstar Depths, Poke Floats, or Fourside coming with Mewtwo for some Melee fun. They're all really unique and fun stages for franchises that are pretty under-repped in terms of stages. Maybe when Mewtwo comes as normal DLC in a year or so.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Honestly though we should probably blame the Tower of Smash leaker over Sakurai for giving us these insanely high expectations with his cool ideas who I stupidly believed in just because a got a couple ideas right and I assumed anyone who can write up something like this must love Smash as much as we do so I wouldn't see how anyone can put that much time and creativity into something that was just a prank to disappoint the whole lot of us for no reason.

I at least have to give Sakurai a lot of credit for coming up with Mario Circuit and Wooly World (My favorite new stages) and picking Kongo Jungle 64 (My favorite returning stage) over Rumble Falls for DK's returning stage which none of those things were predicted by that leaker so props to Sakurai for coming up with awesome ideas that outdid even what 4chan scumbags can come up with.
I'm glad I didn't follow the Tower of Smash leak much.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'm glad I didn't follow the Tower of Smash leak much.
I'm one of the many that didn't believe it from the start, it was just a bit too good to be true, and evidence kept piling up that it was false.

Last edited:

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this here, but would love to see DLC packs for stages, such as an N64 pack, a Melee pack, etc.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
The only thing Tower of Smash really excited me with was Forest Haven as a WindWaker stage. But apparently no WindWaker stage at all? Pretty disappointing, yeah, but packs would be good. They could put in pretty much all 64 stages (8 left, right?) and from Melee... well, I'd love to see Great Bay updated. And those Mushroom Kingdom stages were pretty neat. Maybe they could combine them like they did with Flatzone 1 and 2.
And to celebrate Mewtwo's return I think we should get this theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V4VaqvVu5I (Kanto Legendary X/Y) on... maybe like a Poke Floats 2 stage?

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
Personally, I would've preferred Kongo Jungle from Melee rather than Congo Jungle 64. I just loved that stage.

I would love to see Brinstar Depths, Poke Floats, or Fourside coming with Mewtwo for some Melee fun. They're all really unique and fun stages for franchises that are pretty under-repped in terms of stages. Maybe when Mewtwo comes as normal DLC in a year or so.
I also really loved that Kongo Jungle and I personally have more nostalgia for it but I feel like the one from 64 was the better choice to coincide with Jungle Hijinx because I would rather have a hectic daytime level and a beautiful sunset level than two hectic daytime levels. Plus, Kongo Jungle 64 came with some awesome music.

I do agree though that Melee in general is harshly under-repped stage wise compared to the amount of Brawl stages which I understand why it was that way because the Brawl stages have aged better and hold up more to the Wii U standards but it would've been nice to see an even split between past games like the way Mario Kart did it just to show how much the series has advanced between each game.

That's why I think there should just be DLC for past stages because not only will people not hesitate to empty their wallets just to have these classic and nostalgic Melee and 64 stages, but they are probably way easier to develop. And all of those stages you named off are pretty solid choices if they were to bring in more Melee stages, except I think if they were to reuse Poke Floats they will just make a new one with updated Generations to spread around and call it Poke Floats 2. But if we can at least just give us one Kirby stage from Melee or 64 I will be happy.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm sorry if I'm not propose to ask here but, how do you unlock Pac-Land?
Play Smash tour on all 3 stages.
You have to actually complete the Smash Tours, you can't just start it and quit.

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
can anyone tell me what omega stages have the lowest ceilings ? ive been trying to figure it out for a month

NNID
Budget_Player
Hey, I'm alive, let's talk controversial stages.

Pilotwings, Kongo Jungle, Mario Circuit 8, Norfair.

How about those. What do people think of them? Personally, I think Mario Circuit 8 is one of the coolest stages ever, a milder version of PTAD with some great non-random hazards. It should totally be legal.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Hey, I'm alive, let's talk controversial stages.

Pilotwings, Kongo Jungle, Mario Circuit 8, Norfair.

How about those. What do people think of them? Personally, I think Mario Circuit 8 is one of the coolest stages ever, a milder version of PTAD with some great non-random hazards. It should totally be legal.
Mario Circuit 8 definitely can be legal as everything is pretty fine, but a lot of people don't like the stage. The same goes for Norfair. Kongo Jungle 64 is pretty much accepted as legal. Pilotwings has way to powerful camping on both planes for it to be legal.

Cheeky19

Smash Rookie
In my opinion Pilotwings should not be a tournament official stage. With the constant angling and changing of airplanes it's difficult to maintain a nice combo and fight a fun fight.

Alias

Smash Apprentice
i played about 200 For Fun matches and iv only seen Hyrule Temple and that caves stage like 3 times at most. iv not played in Palutena's Temple once. that DK's 75m stage is about the same size, but iv played in that countless times :\

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
I'm probably going to get some flak, but I'm not into Hyrule's Temple. I just... never got into it at all. I thought it was a cool stage, but I never saw what made it so popular with many people.

Altea77

Smash Apprentice
Any one else think the stage list feels incomplete? There just seems to be too many stages from brawl and the only new ones are ones that change scenery every 15 seconds which gets annoying after a while. What happened to stages like fountain of dreams, yoshi's story, and green greens? We need more of those stages. Simple stages that resemble battlefield, but slightly different and with different themes. Not all of them even have to resemble battlefield. Just stages that don't change all the time. While I do enjoy playing them most of the time, there is just too many of them imo, and I do get tired of it after a while. Also who's idea was it to remove Corneria from the console version? The one they replaced it with is one of those stages that changes every 15 seconds. Also, why is 75m back? Did anyone like that stage?

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think that instead of providing competitive neutral stage, they should just add Battlefield versions of the stages like they did with the Final Destination.

Also, I like 75m, although I call it my guilty pleasure.

D

Deleted member

I just want a Big Final Destination.
All these pics with 5 players on the regular FD after completed some challenges, while you can't play with more than 4 actually, don't amuse me.

Also I wonder if a Battlefield mode for every stage would work properly.

Top Bottom