• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
So.....Was I right by saying the Octopus Pic was from a GAW Stage? Anyway I'm a bit disappointed that there is no unlocks we did not know about but the stages we did get was good enough.

Umm, from what I've seen, these ones look pretty safe to me:
Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Wuhu Island
Pilotwings
Smashville
Town and City
Kongo Jungle
Halberd
Skyloft
Lylat Cruise
Duck Hunt
Pokemon Stadium 2
Orbital Gate
(iffy choices but still might work):
Wii Fit (walk-offs)
Coliseum (walk-offs)
Windy Hill (a bit big)
Mario Circuit 8 (shy guys)
Jungle Hijinks (explore background/foreground mechanic)
Gamer (depends on how frequent Mom shows up and how much area her attacks cover)
Castle Siege
Bridge of Eldin (walk-offs)
Mario Galaxy (big, walk-offs)
Boxing Ring (just ****ing weird)
Port Town Aero Dive
Wrecking Crew (weird platforms, oil drums can trap you)
Norfair (lava)
Wooly World
I haven't seen a ton of footage of every stage, so bear with me if I'm not aware of a glaring stage hazard.
Also this is just my opinion. please don't hurt me.
Why Would Wooly World be banned?

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
So.....Was I right by saying the Octopus Pic was from a GAW Stage? Anyway I'm a bit disappointed that there is no unlocks we did not know about but the stages we did get was good enough.

Why Would Wooly World be banned?
It might be due to the temporary walk-offs, as well as the platforms tilting when fighters stand on them.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
No stage is banned yet, the game came out today. Wooly world has a pretty solid chance at being legal.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I'm REALLY liking Guar Plains compared to the 3ds version. Metal face is awesome, he doesn't disrupt too much if you don't mess with him. Y'know... other than destroying half the stage, but the stage is already crazy anyways.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
so tell me how frequent is 5-volt's appearances on gamer?
She's pretty frequent and she does quite a bit of damage, but honestly, it's not as annoying as it sounds, the stage's very fun to play on, especially because her FOV is relatively small. I'm personally loving the stages on the Wii U much more than the 3DS version, I mean, MARIO GALAXY OMEGA LOOKS ****ING AMAZING! ALL THE DETAIL! THE SCREENSHOTS DIDN'T DO IT JUSTICE!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
She's pretty frequent and she does quite a bit of damage, but honestly, it's not as annoying as it sounds, the stage's very fun to play on, especially because her FOV is relatively small. I'm personally loving the stages on the Wii U much more than the 3DS version, I mean, MARIO GALAXY OMEGA LOOKS ****ING AMAZING! ALL THE DETAIL! THE SCREENSHOTS DIDN'T DO IT JUSTICE!
good the stage looks great i wouldve hated it if was really bad

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Gamer is honestly the best new Wii U stage to me so far. It is very fun and the gimmick is surprisingly not intrusive, it's handled perfectly well. This is a great example of how to do a gimmicky stage right.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I totally agree. Gamer is rapidly becoming one of my favorite stages in the game. It creates atmosphere so masterfully, it is legitimately a little bit creepy.
At the same time, 5-Volt is unintrusive enough that I could actually almost see it being a CP.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Gamer is less fun than I was hoping, but still really great.
and the opposite goes for Wrecking Crew which is really fun too!

Wuhu Island is probably my favorite right now.
Slightly related but I'm so so so happy Delfino Plaza is back <3

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I really love the wrecking crew stage so far

Definatly got a lot more exploring to do though

And by the way for the pokemon league stage Theres 2 forms on each one

One is a starndard form and one legendary form

So rayquaza hazard is the legendary form of the dragon stage

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I really love the wrecking crew stage so far

Definatly got a lot more exploring to do though

And by the way for the pokemon league stage Theres 2 forms on each one

One is a starndard form and one legendary form

So rayquaza hazard is the legendary form of the dragon stage
Yeah, the legendaries are Rayquaza, Registeel, Manaphy, and Ho-Oh.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Favorite New stages
-Gamer
-Mario Circuit
-Orbital Gate Assault
-Woolly World
-Gaur Plains

Favorite returning
-Norfair
-Smashville
-Castle siege
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Lylat Cruise

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
I have already grown bored with most of the stages unfortunately. It just feels like Sakurai tried a bit too hard to make each one "special" just because. Like some have so much going on that it feels like the stage is the center of attention rather than the players I guess. Take a lot of stages fom smash 64 and melee and compare them to the ones in SMash Wii U and you will ft what I mean. My favorites would have to be:
Windy Hill, Gamer, Gaur Plains (If only because the music), Kalos Pokemo League, and Pyrosphere(Ridley is no problem for me). I don't see a lot of these being tourney friendly but that is not what bothers me.

Last edited:

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
As much as I want Kongo Jungle to be legal in singles, I can't see it happening unfortunately. Its my favorite stage in Smash and a good one for my character but being unbiased I have to say he stage is borderline broken for certain characters. The biggest problem I'm facing here is the barrel. How exactly does it work in this game? It seems like when launched, you are invincible and become a temporary hitbox. If it wasn't for the barrel I can see it being fine. Right now I can literally not touch solid ground for 5 minutes if I wanted to with Jigglypuff and shark under the floor. Pound makes waiting for the barrel easy as well. Someone please find a flaw in my logic so it can be legal <<.

In teams I don't see it being a huge issue and most characters can't fully abuse the stage, but Kirby, Puff, MK, and most characters with multiple jumps can stall and stall. Maybe a scrooging rule can fix it but if that's the case we may as well ban the stage instead.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
EDIT: Oh right the reason I came to post in this thread.

So in terms of my favorite stages, because I am not good with hypothesizing stage legality, I liked playing on (some of these are pretty bland, obvious choices):

-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Mushroom Kingdom U
-Mario Circuit (new one)
-Delfino Plaza
-Halberd
-Orbital Gate Assault
-Lylat Cruise
-Town and City
-Duck Hunt
-Wuhu Island

I enjoyed most of the stages I played on and Great Cave Offensive was my favorite for 8-Player Smash games, but those were the ones I really enjoyed most. Damn shame Kalos Pokemon League has that metal pond because otherwise I liked that too.

so tell me how frequent is 5-volt's appearances on gamer?
Honestly she's not that bad although she is frequent. IMO Gamer is a better stage to play on than WarioWare Inc. was.

Last edited:

HammerSpam

Smash Rookie
it is of no surprise that Super Smash Bros for WiiU and 3DS offer the option to fight on Final Destination or "Omega" variants of each stage making for an easy Neutral all around. However differences between such stages go beyond aesthetics, even if they're flat surfaces.

In this thread I wish to discuss multiple elements:

• stage hit-boxes/ledges, and what advantages this may give to certain characters in terms of lege-gaurding, camping, gimping etc.
  • stage size particularly in the Wii U version. some omega stages are bigger than others allowing for up to six or eight players to battle. I wish to know how size effects legality in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 competative matches.
  • friction (probably an irrelevant factor since there are neither ice stages nor wave-dashes)
  • blastzones: although Directional Influence has been nerfed along with Fox's U-Smash, I wish to know differences in KO percentage per fighter depending on the stage

KirbySS44

Smash Cadet
(Somewhat Unrelated) Hey guys, In Stage Builder, I made a 3ds stage for the wii u, Reset Bomb Forest!

What do you think?

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
it is of no surprise that Super Smash Bros for WiiU and 3DS offer the option to fight on Final Destination or "Omega" variants of each stage making for an easy Neutral all around. However differences between such stages go beyond aesthetics, even if they're flat surfaces.

In this thread I wish to discuss multiple elements:

• stage hit-boxes/ledges, and what advantages this may give to certain characters in terms of lege-gaurding, camping, gimping etc.
  • stage size particularly in the Wii U version. some omega stages are bigger than others allowing for up to six or eight players to battle. I wish to know how size effects legality in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 competative matches.
  • friction (probably an irrelevant factor since there are neither ice stages nor wave-dashes)
  • blastzones: although Directional Influence has been nerfed along with Fox's U-Smash, I wish to know differences in KO percentage per fighter depending on the stage
There sizes are the same. The main limiting factor, I believe, for 6-8 player smash is how hard it is on the system. If you notice, just about every stage you can 8-player on has a very static background.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I've heard they're been contreversy over Mario Circuit 8 and Skyloft, what's wrong with those stages?
Mario Circuit has the racers at a couple of points and there's a part where you're upside down so there's a ceiling which players can bounce off of, and this transition lasts a bit of time.

As for Skyloft there are a few sections where it's not really designed well for a neutral fight.

As fun as both stages are, they present a few things each that can make fighting there a bit hazardous.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Mario Circuit has the racers at a couple of points and there's a part where you're upside down so there's a ceiling which players can bounce off of, and this transition lasts a bit of time.

As for Skyloft there are a few sections where it's not really designed well for a neutral fight.

As fun as both stages are, they present a few things each that can make fighting there a bit hazardous.

I never noticed how mario circuit U had the crazy ceilings. Obvs banned

By the way, how are breakable stages like luigi's mansions viewed legality-wise?

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Stages are the 1 thing that I am really not liking about this game. I mean why can't they just keep them simple? Why does every single stage have to go to 5 different parts. I mean if Mushroom Kingdom U or Yoshi Wooly World just stayed at the first part, I would absolutely love them. It just frustrates me to no end how nearly every stage has to have so many different parts to it. They ruined so many potentially great stages by doing this. *sigh*

IsaiahC1999

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kingdomhearts156
I got to say the all stages were great,can't wait for miiverse ,question I bought both versions at stores how can you get mewtwo?

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Wait, are people seriously talking about making Orbital Gate legal? Orbital Gate? Poke Floats 2.0, now with explosions?

I love the stage, but damn, it needs to stay far away from competitive play.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Wait, are people seriously talking about making Orbital Gate legal? Orbital Gate? Poke Floats 2.0, now with explosions?

I love the stage, but damn, it needs to stay far away from competitive play.
By that logic Woolly World should technically be 'legal'

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I got to say the all stages were great,can't wait for miiverse ,question I bought both versions at stores how can you get mewtwo?
You just have to register the codes on the inside of the game artwork covers to Club Nintendo, and then they'll e-mail you the Mewtwo codes when he's released.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Has anyone compiled data on the omega stages yet? They're obviously not all the same (different walls/undersides, different lengths, different blastzones sizes), and this info coul be pretty influential in which omegas people use in tournaments for various characters.

Top Bottom