• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I would say let it be a moving stage like the Pilot Wings and others but let it be Rougueport or maybe even you travel around the whole entire map maybe go to Keehaul key ? And The Great Tree And even Glitzville ! That be perfect!
You make me daydream so much!

No seriously ANY stages would be crazy and awesome.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I can't help but realize we're missing a lot of obligatory stages from these guys:
:4falcon::4dk::4fox::4kirby::4yoshi::popo::wario::ness2:
Here's to hoping we see them soon

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I can't help but realize we're missing a lot of obligatory stages from these guys:
We have Jungle Japes on 3DS for Donkey Kong and Halberd on Wii U for Kirby, but yeh, we need a new stages too.

I think one or two of these series might only get a returning stage or no stage at all. However, Brawl had 41 stages in total, whilst Wii U/3DS has only 33 unique stages combined. So we probably have a few stages hidden away as of yet.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
We have Jungle Japes on 3DS for Donkey Kong and Halberd on Wii U for Kirby, but yeh, we need a new stages too.

I think one or two of these series might only get a returning stage or no stage at all. However, Brawl had 41 stages in total, whilst Wii U/3DS has only 33 unique stages combined. So we probably have a few stages hidden away as of yet.
I'd really hope we don't just get returning stages for some series, that'd be lame :/

Last edited:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
i'm wondering how all the slants will affect characters' attacks. in brawl, there was a lot of mapping of attacks to the slants so that it wouldn't affect your playing too much, but i specifically remember zero suit samus being totally screwed over by just about any slant because NONE of her attacks got remapped and only dsmash was particularly viable (and of course only when you were taking the high ground).

ryuu seika

Smash Master
If you're referring to the invitational, do bare in mind the fact that the game was not nearly as finished back then as you might think. Angle mapping of attacks may still be in the works.

If not, the SMG stage is going to be a nightmare to play on.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I think that...
For Wii U:
Sand Ocean from F-Zero GX
Frozen DK Island from Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Sauria from Star Fox: Adventures
Wario Land from Wario Land series
Twoson or Threed from EarthBound
For 3DS:
Stage from F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Jungle Ruins from Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Fichinia from Star Fox 64 3D

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Wii U:

F-Zero GX Stage(I want Phantom Road)
Xenoblade Stage
Earthbound Stage(Saturn Valley)
Starfox Assault Stage
Kirby Stage

3DS:

Mother 3 Stage
Starfox 64 Stage
F-Zero X Stage

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
If Saturn Valley was a stage, wouldn't there be an infinite amount of Mr. Saturns waddling around your feet?

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
If Saturn Valley was a stage, wouldn't there be an infinite amount of Mr. Saturns waddling around your feet?
That's get so much of my yes!

Also my stage speculation:

:4falcon: Big Blue-Ordeal for the fabulous return of a more fabulous looking Big Blue!
:4dk: I predict a traveling stage in the form of a minecart level considering their importance to the overall series which has railroad track you can fall through and the main platform is a group of 5 minecrafts. This goes through DK Island and the FD form is a platform made of railroad tracks.
:4kirby: I predict Dangerous Dinner as the stage, more specifically the top of the volcano where you fight Landia, and Landia and the Lor Starcutter make appearances battling in the background.
:4fox: Area 6, very epic area full of Andross's men and Arwings occasionally battle in the background
:4yoshi: The Very Loooooooong Cave, it's a stage that scrolls slowly but stops at certain points in the cave to allow for fighting. Obstacles include lava, Shy Guys, Boo Guys, Pyro Guys, and Chomp Rocks.
:popo: An actual Ice Climber level looking stage embedded in an ice cave with NO ICE PHYSICS (plz Sakurai stahp) where there are the floating cloud like platforms moving, the breakable blocks on either side of the bottom of the stage, and the permanent blocks being the main platform. Also, the enemies and animals from Ice Climber are hanging out in the background of the stage near an icy lake.
:wario: Either the Golden Pyramid from Wario Land 4 or Diamond City, a traveling stage atop Orbulon's Ship, depending on what Sakurai wants to represent.
:ness2: Saturn Valley, enough said...........BOING! HONK HONK!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
That's how it works in Super Smash Flash 2. That was the stage hazard.
(Yes, it could be turned off - that game has a hazard switch in the rules menu. It was still competitively banned, though, due to the vertical walls.)

Anyway, on other topics:

•If N64 past stages are included, do you think they'll just be put in as-is or remastered with HD textures?

•Which past stages do you think will be on which consoles?

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Anyway, on other topics:

•If N64 past stages are included, do you think they'll just be put in as-is or remastered with HD textures?

•Which past stages do you think will be on which consoles?
  • I don't think they would just import the N64 stages straight from there. It might be excusable in Brawl, but on Wii U it would be a stark contrast and really lazy on the dev' side. Either revamp the stages akin to Mario Kart, or don't put 'em in at all.
  • A lot of choices for past stages. Off the top of my head, I'd like to see how they implement Lylat Cruise on the 3DS, or how much they can improve The Pirate Ship on Wii U as they did with Wind Waker HD.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Bring back Hyrule Castle, and make it symmetrical. :>

Either two houses, or two slants.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Saffron City and Metal Cavern remastered with modern graphics would be just gorgeous.

Here's what I see as which stages will probably go on which version if included;

N64

Hyrule Castle: Wii U
Yoshi's Island: Uncertain
Sector Z: 3DS (Star Fox 64 3D)
Peach's Castle: Wii U
Saffron City: 3DS
Kongo Jungle: Unlikely to return
Dream Land: Unlikely to return
Planet Zebes: Unlikely to return
Mushroom Kingdom: 3DS (The layout would work well on the smaller screen.)
Metal Cavern: Both versions if in at all

Melee

Great Bay: 3DS (A MM remake is likely, and an OOT stage already exists.)
Temple: Wii U
Yoshi's Story: Unlikely to return
Yoshi's Island: Wii U
Corneria: Either version
Venom: Unlikely to return
Peach's Castle: Wii U
Rainbow Cruise: 3DS (Super Mario 64 DS)
Mushroom Kingdom: Wii U
Mushroom Kingdom II: 3DS (Graphics are closer to Super Mario Advance than SMB2/USA.)
Pokémon Stadium 1: 3DS
Poké Floats: Unlikely to return
Jungle Japes: 3DS (Confirmed)
Kongo Jungle: Wii U
Green Greens: 3DS
Fountain of Dreams: Wii U
Brinstar: Wii U
Brinstar Depths: Unlikely to return
Onett: 3DS (Mother 1+2)
Fourside: Wii U
Mute City: Unlikely to return
Big Blue: 3DS (due to layout)
Icicle Mountain: 3DS (due to layout)
Flat Zone: 3DS

Brawl:

Bridge of Eldin: Wii U
Pirate Ship: 3DS (Phantom Hourglass)
Yoshi's Island: 3DS
Lylat Cruise: Wii U
Mushroomy Kingdom: Unlikely to return
Delfino Plaza: Wii U
Luigi's Mansion: 3DS (Mario Kart DS, Dark Moon)
Mario Circuit: Wii U
Mario Bros.: 3DS
Pokémon Stadium 2: Wii U
Spear Pillar: Deconfirmed by Palkia
Rumble Falls: 3DS (due to format)
75m: Unlikely to return
Halberd: Wii U (Confirmed)
Norfair: 3DS (Zero Mission)
Frigate Orpheon: Wii U
New Pork City: 3DS (To counteract Temple, and Mother 3 was a GBA game, remember.)
Port Town: Wii U
Summit: Wii U
Castle Siege: Wii U
WarioWare: 3DS
Skyworld: Unlikely to return
Distant Planet: Wii U
Shadow Moses Island: 3DS (Snake Eater 3D)
Green Hill Zone: Wii U
Flat Zone 2: Wii U
Smashville: 3DS, if at all (SSBU has a similar stage already.)
Hanenbow: 3DS
Pictochat: 3DS

Of course I don't expect anywhere near this many stages to come back, but this is probably where each would land.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't know it's stereotyping or just over simplifying the situation. I've heard that the JPN tournment scene is more FD oriented then the NA scene but I don't know if that's true or not.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Ooooh, interesting thanks! Yeah that looks neat. Seems to have a similar shape to the WiiU one.. And Brawl's.. I hope we can't get stuck under the ledge anymore >_>

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
We haven't seen many returning stages yet.
Its a stretch, but I hope Metal Mario's stage from ssb shows up.
Brinstar depths would also be a welcome surprise.

MasterRyan1595

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3625-8186-3222
I really just wish we would get a stage from the N64 like Hyrule Castle or Saffron City remastered just to see how much they can do with it on the Wii U.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I really just wish we would get a stage from the N64 like Hyrule Castle or Saffron City remastered just to see how much they can do with it on the Wii U.
Saffron City will likely be a 3DS stage if it comes back. HD Hyrule Castle would be cool, though.

Hyperstorm

Smash Rookie
What did you guys think of Termina Bay in Melee? I hear it's pretty popular, but always thought it was one of the least exciting and creative levels in the game.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Termina is one of my favorite Zelda stages in the series, though in fairness, I haven't been a big fan of many of them. I like the fanservice packed into the stage (even though I don't even care for Majora's Mask). The slippery turtle is fun to wavedash on, and I think it'd be even more fun to play on if the water weren't intangible. I'd love to see it return if swimming is still a mechanic.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Termina is one of my favorite Zelda stages in the series, though in fairness, I haven't been a big fan of many of them. I like the fanservice packed into the stage (even though I don't even care for Majora's Mask). The slippery turtle is fun to wavedash on, and I think it'd be even more fun to play on if the water weren't intangible. I'd love to see it return if swimming is still a mechanic.
My favorite Zelda stage: Bridge of Eldin, it's just really cool and ridiculously iconic.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
My favorite Zelda stage: Bridge of Eldin, it's just really cool and ridiculously iconic.
That's my favorite too. I hope they bring it back. Although, I rarely ever played on it because it's annoyingly wide with no platforms. Still, it had an amazing atmosphere, and I was ecstatic to see it revealed on the Dojo. It's really fun in free-for-alls, too.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
That's my favorite too. I hope they bring it back. Although, I rarely ever played on it because it's annoyingly wide with no platforms. Still, it had an amazing atmosphere, and I was ecstatic to see it revealed on the Dojo. It's really fun in free-for-alls, too.
Only thing that could ever beat Bridge of Eldin would be a Ganon's Tower stage that gets flooded at some point, or emerges towards the surface and various islands are visible. I play on Bridge of Eldin from time to time, I wish it was in Project M :c
Also, am I the only one who would prefer a balanced version of 75m's cool visuals rather than the dried husk of DK Jungle in Project M?

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Only thing that could ever beat Bridge of Eldin would be a Ganon's Tower stage that gets flooded at some point, or emerges towards the surface and various islands are visible. I play on Bridge of Eldin from time to time, I wish it was in Project M :c
Also, am I the only one who would prefer a balanced version of 75m's cool visuals rather than the dried husk of DK Jungle in Project M?
Ever since Brawl, I've always wanted an arcade-themed DK stage that's actually playable. Having a stage based on the original Donkey Kong, not one that's simply an exact replica of one of its maps, would be awesome. I really don't know what they were thinking with 75m. There's no reason it should have ended up the way it did.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Ever since Brawl, I've always wanted an arcade-themed DK stage that's actually playable. Having a stage based on the original Donkey Kong, not one that's simply an exact replica of one of its maps, would be awesome. I really don't know what they were thinking with 75m. There's no reason it should have ended up the way it did.
75m was a great concept that was badly done. The stage could've been just as chaotic but actually fun if they had created an original layout.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
We heard a Kirby remix in the direct, so that means we're guaranteed a new Kirby stage, if there was ever any doubt. This time, the Wii U will get the better stage though, because it'll be based off Return to Dreamland :chuckle:

75m was a great concept that was badly done. The stage could've been just as chaotic but actually fun if they had created an original layout.
I'm not one who usually cares about whether or not a stage is legal, but 75m is downright unplayable. I remember having to quit out of classic mode every time that stage was chosen.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Project M was very unoriginal with a lot of its stages. The platform infront of Green Hill being an especially good example of its incompetent design. How hard would it have been to have players stand atop the shuttle loop? Or, you know, make some other interesting stage that actually used the location's elements.

The moving platform mechanic of the Castlevania stage is cool though.

As for 75M, it was a horrible stage that looked great on paper but, like so many of Brawl's stages, had zero inspiration behind it and was a functional flop.

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Project M was very unoriginal with a lot of its stages. The platform infront of Green Hill being an especially good example of its incompetent design. How hard would it have been to have players stand atop the shuttle loop? Or, you know, make some other interesting stage that actually used the location's elements.

The moving platform mechanic of the Castlevania stage is cool though.

As for 75M, it was a horrible stage that looked great on paper but, like so many of Brawl's stages, had zero inspiration behind it and was a functional flop.
So many Brawl stages? There's like two bad stages on Brawl, for example, Spear Pillar shows how fun a hazardous stage can be with a slightly-balanced layout.
I'm not one who usually cares about whether or not a stage is legal, but 75m is downright unplayable. I remember having to quit out of classic mode every time that stage was chosen.
I didn't say anything different? I know 75m was unplayable, but they could've kept the same concept, kept the stage as chaotic, but actually make it playable and fun to fight on, something like this...

Last edited:
Top Bottom