• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
The Balloon Fight stage has characters wrap through the other side of the stage when they leave the screen, rather than being KO'd. I suppose only ceiling KOs are possible, unless that man-eating fish shows up again.
Pac-man confirmed.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
You can't compare Ridley to Train Link/Alfonzo, because Train Link doesn't do anything on the stage, he is just replaced with Alfonzo because he obviously looks to much like Toon Link and players would get confused. You can't say that Ridley can be simply removed from the stage every time you play as him. Can you imagine how annoying that would be online? A lobby wants to go to Pyrosphere and fight boss Ridley for a laugh, then someone plays as him.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Where was it confirmed that a character can't be Boss AND Playable? Pretty sure it never was said so. You don't know what Sakurai is thinking, so please don't act as if you do. :/
And no, having a playable Ridley next to a bigger Boss Ridley isn't strange. This is Smash Bros. Where Olimar and Pikachu are giants, where Space women battles plumbers, where Rest kills, where Mario can fight Doctor Mario, etc etc. Will Ridley next to Boss Ridley look off? Of course. But so does pretty much Everything in these games. It's strange when people brings up logic in Smash.

But back on topic. I now know why Sakurai said 'there will be no flippers'. Cuz' the Balloon Stage has them. XD
... which means Sakurai kinda lied to us. Again. Now that's a good troll.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
NOOOO! K . Rool deserves better...like a roster spot. There is a huge shortage of villains as it is.
I completely agree with you. I was kidding. Ridley and K Rool should be enough villains for the roster, but we all know how that seems to be going. Hopefully the Kremlins in Smash Run actually hinted towards K Rool plus his stage. I'm trying to not say anything more about Ridley as that debate over the shadow has been raging on elsewhere.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I completely agree with you. I was kidding. Ridley and K Rool should be enough villains for the roster, but we all know how that seems to be going. Hopefully the Kremlins in Smash Run actually hinted towards K Rool plus his stage. I'm trying to not say anything more about Ridley as that debate over the shadow has been raging on elsewhere.
Yeah, Ridley is still my most wanted, and he certanly still has a good chance, but there's too much arguments about him.

I do Believe there's a good chance the Kremlings hints at K. Rool. Maybe. If so, what would his stage be like? *never played a game with him in it*

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
The original Donkey Kong Country Trilogy needs to be rereleased. I only played the first. Gangplank Galleon is the likely choice, which is a pirate ship. Here's a small pic, you fight K Rool here.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
The original Donkey Kong Country Trilogy needs to be rereleased. I only played the first. Gangplank Galleon is the likely choice, which is a pirate ship. Here's a small pic, you fight K Rool here.
Yes having this stage would be amazing. This ship is in both DKC and DKC2. So it would make sense. This pic brings back some memories. Great boss battle too.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Why am I even bothering. Of course, I would be pretty happy if Ridley was revealed as playable, I get happy whenever anyone is revealed (I didn't even know who Greninja was until I looked him up). But you can't deny that the chances are incredibly slim. Wait, Sakurai's talking about size in Smash Bros? RIDLEY'S PLAYABLE! Sakurai's talking about Pyrosphere in Smash Bros? RIDLEY'S PLAYABLE! Sakurai shows Ridley's shadow even though he's quite clearly hinting that he's a boss? RIDLEY'S ****ING PLAYABLE!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Did you ever read what I said, lol? And really, you are sounding pretty jerky the way you seem to Think Ridley fans Think.

But enough of that, since this is the Stage Thread.

Now. Yellow Devil. I wonder how often he will show up, and how much it takes to bring him down. Not too often and not too much, I hope~

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I said he still has a chance. Also, don't decide things for me, please. ^^

As I said, please, On Topic.

SO, it would appear that that sketch about the Pikmin stage was pretty much perfect. One of my favorite stages yet, I Believe.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
How exactly am I deciding things for you? A lot of people on this site have given very good reasons as to why Ridley has a slim chance of being playable, yet no one has given any reasons as to why he has 'good' chances.

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
I think New Pork City may return to either wii u or 3ds. Reason because that was the only past stage shown (thats not confirmed yet) in the direct when talking about the online play.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
So... Star Fox is the only series on the current roster that doesn't have a stage (revealed) yet. Any explanation?
I don't think Yoshi has any stages either. Or Donkey Kong. Or Kirby. (Ok, DK and Kirby have retro stages confirmed, but they still don't have any new stages confirmed).

I'm pretty sure each character-repped franchise (aside from probably ROB's) will have a stage rep in both versions. We just have to wait for them to be announced.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Has anyone done a scale of Palutena's stage? If so direct me to the page, I've been looking to see how big it will actually be. It looks huge to me, but my friend is saying it's not as big as the Temple in Brawl.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I'm curious to see what stages the Mega Man series and Sonic series will get on 3DS. I'm expecting Green Hill Zone to return though.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Has anyone done a scale of Palutena's stage? If so direct me to the page, I've been looking to see how big it will actually be. It looks huge to me, but my friend is saying it's not as big as the Temple in Brawl.
I saw a side-by-side of Palutena's Temple and Temple from Melee on here the other day (not sure who posted it), but basically it shows that Palutena's Temple is twice as big (at least) as Temple. With Palutena's stage being so massive, I would be surprised if New Pork City made a return.

As for Ridley's shadow on the ground, the caption to that scene was literally "other boss character appearances", in the same segment where he's talking about the stage boss Yellow Devil. Seems like more than a subtle hint if you ask me. Honestly, that was most likely Sakurai's way of trying to let the Ridley fans down easy, especially after trolling them so hard with the Metroid Assist Trophy as Monday's PotD. But obviously we won't know for certain until the game is released.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Anyone else think our new Final Destination took a leaf from Namco's Soul series? Got some strong polarity here, with blue and red elements highly reminiscent of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge respectively.

https://flic.kr/p/mVeaJt

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I really hope Melee stages aren't exclusive to the 3DS. I want to see Fourside return in HD.
Well, even if Fourside gets on the Wii-U, looking at Halberd, it won't be updated graphically, sadly. But I'm sure there will be a Melee stage on the Wii-U. :)

Also, still need a New DK and Kirby, and StarFox, stage. Shall be interesting to see what they look like.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Anyone else think our new Final Destination took a leaf from Namco's Soul series? Got some strong polarity here, with blue and red elements highly reminiscent of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge respectively.

https://flic.kr/p/mVeaJt
Well, it (Sm4sh) is being developed by Bandai Namco and everyone knows they crafted the Soul Calibur series...
So...yes. Yes that does seem to resemble Soul Calibur and Soul Edge.

Master/Crazy Edge Hand Thingy Confirmed!
Not really :awesome:

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Does anyone know what stage this is? it could be Smash run but I doubt it.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I think the odds are higher for a Donkey kong country returns stage since we got our past dk games represented with jungle japes, we even heard some rocket barrel music in the direct.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I think the odds are higher for a Donkey kong country returns stage since we got our past dk games represented with jungle japes, we even heard some rocket barrel music in the direct.
I agree, especially since a bigger portion of this smash iteration seems to be leaning towards recency. I think I was talking about Gangplank Galleon in response to someone asking about a K Rool stage. There have not been any snow/ice themed stages yet, so Tropical Freeze is a likely candidate in that regard. I wonder where they would pick.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I agree, especially since a bigger portion of this smash iteration seems to be leaning towards recency. I think I was talking about Gangplank Galleon in response to someone asking about a K Rool stage. There have not been any snow/ice themed stages yet, so Tropical Freeze is a likely candidate in that regard. I wonder where they would pick.
I thought an Ice Climber stage would be the ice/snow one

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
When you think about it, it is really hard to be creative with ice climbers. I remember smash dash even joked about it. If we get an ice climber stage can it please not move?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I thought an Ice Climber stage would be the ice/snow one
I actually forgot about an Ice Climber's stage. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing the DK stage. I thought the concept of Summit or mountain (I forget the IC Brawl stage name) was pretty cool, but no one ever really played there. Any idea why the 3ds has Jungle Japes? It was nice to see a Melee stage, although I was taken by surprise

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I actually forgot about an Ice Climber's stage. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing the DK stage. I thought the concept of Summit or mountain (I forget the IC Brawl stage name) was pretty cool, but no one ever really played there. Any idea why the 3ds has Jungle Japes? It was nice to see a Melee stage, although I was taken by surprise
The Brawl IC stage is called Summit.
As for Jungle Japes, there's no clear reason as to why it was chosen but I see two good things out of its inclusion:
1. Stages from multiple past games will be included unlike Brawl (good news for 64 stages)
2. Stages that have already been included as a past stage can be included again (good news for Temple)

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Music so far is excellent . I'm looking forward to playing on Palutena's Temple. I'd rather get hyrule castle from 64 than Temple from Melee

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Has this been brought up yet? The punch-out stage looks like it has a platform you can stand on above the ring. Right where the lights are.

Also somewhat disappointed by Palutena's Temple. Really wanted to see the Space Pirate Ship in HD. And I don't really like super large stages like this. I get to use it as a final destination skin though so at least I'll actually get some use out of it.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I'd also like to point out, similar to Final Destination, the theme of red vs. blue on the left and right. :]

Top Bottom