• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Stage Builder Stages/Ideas

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
A Gyromite stage because R.O.B. hasn't had a stage to represent his franchise yet, and considering he's been here for two games now, he definitely deserves one. As for the stage itself, it could, obviously, be designed around the levels in the original Gyromite, in a similar "retro" fashion to that of 75m and Mario Bros.

Maybe take out the Smicks, but I think it could work for the most part. Heck, maybe the stage could even scroll horizontally periodically like Dream Land on 3DS. Sure, it might not be everyone's favorite stage to actually fight on, but nothing would make me happier than to see a home stage for R.O.B., even as DLC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My dream stage would be a stage that is based on Pokemon Movie 2.

The concept would be you are fighting on the water, possibly on a boat, the sky is dark and cloudy like a thunderstorm and the 3 legendary birds are fighting in the background and end up attacking the boat involuntarily due to their clashing spreading across the ocean.

Then, after a bit, Lugia dives straight out of the water and begins clashing with the 3 legendary birds, taking them out one by one, and then to finish them off, it launches an aero blast at them which also hits anyone not on the boat as only the center of the aeroblast is safe (like a hurricane).

After this occurs, Lugia is theme is played and Lugia becomes relaxed and retreats for a moment of peace before this ends up repeating again.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Instead of creating a new stage I'd create a Battlefield or hazard-less version of every stage in the game.
But if I were to make a new stage:

I'd call it Voyage of Time. Basically it's a travelling stage that warps between the six Temples in Ocarina of Time, playing the Ocarina song for each temple as it changes. The locales for each stage:

Forest Temple: The Phantom Ganon boss room.
Fire Temple: The entrance room with the statues.
Water Temple: The Dark Link mini boss room.
Shadow Temple: The Ghost Ship towards the end of the dungeon.
Spirit Temple: The hands of the huge statue in front of the boss room.
Temple of Time: the main hall of the dungeon with the Master Sword pedestal in sight.

Thoughts?

FoxMcLovin

Smash Cadet
NNID
FoxMcLovin
3DS FC
5069-4258-0764

Based off Temple, made it for competitive smash.

Last edited:

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
I think they really listened to the fans when it came to this stage builder, and they really delivered

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I think they really listened to the fans when it came to this stage builder, and they really delivered
And then stuck a stupid 100-stage-and-or-replay-per-console limit. That's its only major shortcoming, one that wasn't an issue in Brawl.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Instead of creating a new stage I'd create a Battlefield or hazard-less version of every stage in the game.
But if I were to make a new stage:

I'd call it Voyage of Time. Basically it's a travelling stage that warps between the six Temples in Ocarina of Time, playing the Ocarina song for each temple as it changes. The locales for each stage:

Forest Temple: The Phantom Ganon boss room.
Fire Temple: The entrance room with the statues.
Water Temple: The Dark Link mini boss room.
Shadow Temple: The Ghost Ship towards the end of the dungeon.
Spirit Temple: The hands of the huge statue in front of the boss room.
Temple of Time: the main hall of the dungeon with the Master Sword pedestal in sight.

Thoughts?
That's cool, but it seems like you picked boring locations for some of the the temples, like for the Forest Temple, Fire Temple and Water Temple. For the Fire Temple, you could use the room just before the boss room with the lava pits and maybe have some moving blocks in the lava. For the Water Temple, you could use the main room with the three different floors with the water occasionally changing elevation. That would get more use out of the swimming ability. As for the Forest Temple, I don't know, but there's got to be something better than an empty room.

As for the Shadow Temple, Spirit Temple and Time Temple... I mean, Temple of Time, those all seem good. Yeah, the Temple of Time one would be boring, but there's not much in the Temple of Time and having the Master Sword in the background would make it an iconic scene.

axelalexzander

Smash Cadet
I'd love more nostalgic oldschool themed stages. The 2nd level from Mario Bros 1 with breakable blocks, the endfight in Kirby's Adventure would both be cool stages.

Also the snowy stage from Donkey Kong Country would be awesome...the screen should white out every 30 seconds or so preventing anyone from seeing anything for about 5-10 seconds. Would be a sweet mechanic.

Last edited:

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Bowser's Castle.
There are tons of ideas that could go into it, taking inspiration from the Mario Kart series in particular for the best ideas.
- Thwomps crashing down on the players. Maybe if they hit in midair they could meteor smash, like Kirby's Meteor stone.
- Giant Bowser statue in the background that shoots fireballs. This could be tense, watching the statue rear its head.
- It could be a scroller featuring lava pits and podaboos jumping up from them or lava pillars rising from them.
- Giant ball n chains or spike pillars threatening the fighters
- Various Mario enemies could appear here. Chargin Chuck, Dry Bones, Goombas,
- Slow fireballs coming from the sides just like in Super Mario Bros. 3
- A stage like Mario circuit, following along the track and incorporating several sections with unique hazards or a combination of the above ones.
AND MORE. Aside from Mario Circuit and Rainbow Road, Bowser's Castle is one of the constantly recurring Mario Kart stages, and I think it deserves a chance as a stage more than anything.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Bowser's Castle.
There are tons of ideas that could go into it, taking inspiration from the Mario Kart series in particular for the best ideas.
- Thwomps crashing down on the players. Maybe if they hit in midair they could meteor smash, like Kirby's Meteor stone.
- Giant Bowser statue in the background that shoots fireballs. This could be tense, watching the statue rear its head.
- It could be a scroller featuring lava pits and podaboos jumping up from them or lava pillars rising from them.
- Giant ball n chains or spike pillars threatening the fighters
- Various Mario enemies could appear here. Chargin Chuck, Dry Bones, Goombas,
- Slow fireballs coming from the sides just like in Super Mario Bros. 3
- A stage like Mario circuit, following along the track and incorporating several sections with unique hazards or a combination of the above ones.
AND MORE. Aside from Mario Circuit and Rainbow Road, Bowser's Castle is one of the constantly recurring Mario Kart stages, and I think it deserves a chance as a stage more than anything.
Agreed. I was going to say. Bowser's Castle originally, but I felt like being different, so I went with Neo Bowser City.

KGgames

Smash Cadet
NNID
MitsySueG24
Satorl Marsh or Eryth Sea from Xenoblade Chronicles, I feel that these two stages would have a beautiful look in Smash Bros.
Dolphin Shoals from Mario Kart 8, the stage would dip into the water and gravity will become lighter.
Oh I would also like to have Mushroom Kingdom II to come back from Melee.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
Here are a few stages I've made:
you can download some of these stages from my Miiverse.
Past Stages
-Planet Zebes (64):

-Hyrule Castle (64):

-Peach's Castle (64):

-Mushroom Kingdom (64):

-Dream Land (64):

-Sector Z (64):

-Yoshi's Island (64):

-Saffron City (64):

-Metal Cavern/ Meta Crystal/ Metal Mario's Stage (64):

-Princess Peach's Castle (Melee):

-Jungle Japes (Melee):

-Great Bay (Melee):

-Fountain of Dreams (Melee):

-Pokemon Stadium (Melee):

-Fourside (Melee):

-Brinstar (Melee):

-Venom (Melee):

-Yoshi's Story (Melee):

-Corneria (Melee):

-Kongo Jungle (Melee)

-Skyloft (Project M):

-Temple (Melee):

Before you say anything I know Temple's already In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. I just wanted to put my stage builder skills to the test and see if I could make one of the larger and more complex stages in Super Smash Bros. so please don't hate.
NOTE: Most of the stages I got blueprints from BunchOfMorons from his blueprint videos.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
If I could make a stage from any video game it would be the giant snowman head in Snowman's Land from Super Mario 64. The Snowman could act like Whispy Woods from the Green Greens stage in Melee and the penguin could walk by occasionally. Maybe there could be a floating platform or two. There could be some SM64 music playing in the background and maybe a remixed winter theme.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Bring back Melee stages

- Lylat System: Corneria
- Venom
- Termina: Great Bay
- Dream Land: Green Greens
- Infinite Glacier: Icicle Mountain
- Kanto: Pokémon Stadium
- Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
- Kanto Skies: Poké Floats
Also be able to turn off stage hazards.

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
I always thought of a Bowser's Castle stage...
Somehow like Final Destination, but with Lava left and right.
Maybe a lava pool in the middle where a Flame jumps up and down sometimes. That pool sometimes closes itself with brown blocks. One of those blocks has a rotating firebar.
Maybe one could add those Bowser-statues from Mario Bros. 3 that could shoot lasers. Maybe a bit like that Solid Snake Stage from Brawl... but the pillars aren't destructible but timed.
None of those stage objects could ever deal enought knockback to k.o. a player. The damage also should't be too high. Maybe 10 from that bouncing fire 8 from that firebar and 15x1 from the laser statues. The lava on the other side should deal about 20 damage and be able to kill players. I mean... it is lava ;)

Roy115

Smash Cadet
All I want, is Fourside to return as a stage. So maybe Fourside?

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
This stage has been pretty popular with my Miiverse followers.

It's Neo Bowser City from Mario Kart 7 & 8; the only non-castle view we've ever had of the Koopa Kingdom. Specifically, this stage is a radio tower and elevator/bridge that feature prominently in the background.

504016E4-1636-4074-946A-1528F2DD5096.JPG

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh, good Lord, I thought I was losing my mind. The mods merged my thread with this one! I was about to go pour ice water over my head or something...

Geno9999

Smash Cadet
NNID
Geno9999
Oh, good Lord, I thought I was losing my mind. The mods merged my thread with this one! I was about to go pour ice water over my head or something...
I was wondering where some of the Wishlist posts came from.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I've been wanting to share my custom stages for a while, so here they are. Ill start with remakes first.

This is the obligatory Hyrule Castle 64 stage. I like to give my stages some visual flair, so I went for a kind of rustic look on this stage, with the overgrown plant wall textures beneath the main floor, and the decrepit Triforce symbol. I have lots of fun with this stage.

Heres another 64 stage remake, this time its Mushroom Kingdom 64. Like the last one I wanted to make it look visually interesting, but I also added some extra bumps in places to make it look more natural. Most people simply make the pipes blocks, but I decided to make them shaped like pipes. The pipe near the bottom of the stage has a little surprise for those who think they can camp there! I may add more cannons to simulate traveling into pipes like the original.

This stage was initially a remake of Peach's Castle 64, but I altered it to make it more competitive. The center platform is now symmetrical, and there are 4 solid platforms that allow for some flashy wall combos.

This stage is pretty generic, and really thats about it. Its literally called Gen Eric. For some reason my friends really like playing on this one so it must be doing something right, right? The two platforms move towards the middle, like one of the formations on Town & City.

This stage is based on The Gangplank Galleon from Donkey Kong Country, where King K Rool is fought. The shape and platform placement is very close to the original room. I've also got a thing for pirate ship based levels.

This stage went through many drafts before I got a result I'm happy with. I don't really have much to say about this stage other than I'm proud I made it and I have lots of fun on it.

Ill make sure to share more later. If anybody wants to download these I'd be happy to put some of them up on Miiverse.

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
I've been wanting to share my custom stages for a while, so here they are. Ill start with remakes first.

This is the obligatory Hyrule Castle 64 stage. I like to give my stages some visual flair, so I went for a kind of rustic look on this stage, with the overgrown plant wall textures beneath the main floor, and the decrepit Triforce symbol. I have lots of fun with this stage.

Heres another 64 stage remake, this time its Mushroom Kingdom 64. Like the last one I wanted to make it look visually interesting, but I also added some extra bumps in places to make it look more natural. Most people simply make the pipes blocks, but I decided to make them shaped like pipes. The pipe near the bottom of the stage has a little surprise for those who think they can camp there! I may add more cannons to simulate traveling into pipes like the original.

This stage was initially a remake of Peach's Castle 64, but I altered it to make it more competitive. The center platform is now symmetrical, and there are 4 solid platforms that allow for some flashy wall combos.

This stage is pretty generic, and really thats about it. Its literally called Gen Eric. For some reason my friends really like playing on this one so it must be doing something right, right? The two platforms move towards the middle, like one of the formations on Town & City.

This stage is based on The Gangplank Galleon from Donkey Kong Country, where King K Rool is fought. The shape and platform placement is very close to the original room. I've also got a thing for pirate ship based levels.

This stage went through many drafts before I got a result I'm happy with. I don't really have much to say about this stage other than I'm proud I made it and I have lots of fun on it.

Ill make sure to share more later. If anybody wants to download these I'd be happy to put some of them up on Miiverse.
Would you be willing to share Gangplank Galleon and the last one on miiverse?

Last edited:

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice

It's just a generic Koopa Fortress stage. I merely drew inspiration from the fortresses throughout the Mario series. This one was a little bit big to where there wasn't enough to add more stuff.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
These stages are some of the best custom stages I have ever seen.
NOTE: I didn't make this video.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Decided to do an SA2 level as well:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHj2K3xnug

It's the Biolizard, the Metropolitan Mutant of ARK himself! Easily the most annoying part was the pipe on his neck, as I needed it to 1) be high enough so Little Mac can get on the head, 2) be low enough to not let people spawn under it, and 3) be light enough to fit within the weight constraints. In the end, people still spawn under it, but you can easily clip through on the right (even a computer can figure it out.)

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Top Bottom