• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Stage Builder Stages/Ideas

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
What level?
I made it a while ago, long before the game came out. It has the double-ramp thing from Urchin Underpass as a focal point, and some of the docks from that one stage we still can't play on, but other than that, it mainly just focuses on the ink. There's lava ink, different colored platforms, and even a bit of wall ink that you can grab onto like a ledge (to save yourself from the bottomless pit underneath the aforementioned ramps).

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
I've been updating a lot of my old stages with some pretty significant changes. See the miiverse comments of each post for info on the alterations.

Jungle Jitters - https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkKY0PezQ

Metroid Invasion - https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkKPLjHCA

Skygarden - https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkKMGBSuw

Union Specific - https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkKKpmRMg

Ruined Courtyard - https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkKFyuP1g

Ricochet Rocket - https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkJsmPiQg

-----EDIT-----

Today I posted two versions of the same stage. The original had a glitch that I didn't find until I was totally done with the very long and complicated write up, so instead of re-writing the whole thing, I left the original to preserve the write up, and then posted the fixed version separately.

Lazer Tag original - https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkKf69NhA

Lazer Tag fixed - https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkKgfBkUQ

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm starting to steadily learn more about the aspects of good stage layout design. It's an interesting experience.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Most of these aren't that great, but...

"Steel Mill" (from Terminator 2: Judgement Day)

"Stark Tower" (from Iron Man). I made this stage in Brawl, so it was about time I remade it this game.

More Pics:

Iron Man vs. Shulk

Also, you can't drop through the platforms, they are actually solid despite how they look.

"Peach Trees" (from Dredd)

More Pics:

Judge Dredd and Anderson are ready to take down crime.

"Building Crane" Seemed like a cool stage idea to me.

"Burger Time 1-1" (from Burger Time [NES version]). This would be a lot better if the stage builder had ladders...

"Zombies 8 Neighbors" (from Zombies Ate My Neighbors). Stage features a working trampoline, sandbox, and part of a hedge maze.

Features:
Hide yourself in the sandbox!

How the trampoline works: You can stand on it without it immediately launching you in the air, as shown below.

If you want to use it, just hold down!

"Metal Storm 1-1" (from Metal Storm)

"Mars Lighthouse" (from Golden Sun)

"Daisy Cruiser" (from Mario Kart: Double Dash!). This one's kinda pitiful-looking IMO, but it's still fun to fight on. :laugh:
Can you please upload Daisy Cruiser and Stark Tower? I'd love to play on those

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Revamped a couple old stages of mine and made an all new one:

Snifit or Whiffit (Paper Mario Sticker Store)
Music: Nintendo Land Remix

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkLI8zj8g

Redid the Unpaid Snifit Intern's design and changed the music to Nintendo Land, as it sounded more like the Cheesy Gameshow sound I was looking for.

Passaj Zol Mine (Golden Sun Dark Dawn)
Music: Weyerd

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkNj7gQeA

For reference here is the original:

Huge thanks to Nintendokusou for reminding me of the Zol Snake in the Ouroboros, which is now the focal point of the stage.

New stage, (1001 Spikes):
Music: Glory of Heracles

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkNkkr-3g

This is the final boss so minor spoilers there. Wanted to add more platforms besides the main snake one, but alas I had to use my remaining room to make people not fall through the floor as shown here:

Also both the head and tail have grabbable ledges:

For reference, here is the original:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
Awesome stuff man! Thanks for taking the time to post those, they look great!

rabbitxp

Smash Rookie
wow alot of these stages are real awesome got me making more stages being inspired by this thread

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Watch this space! I'm in the process of making more stages, this time a collection of stages based off the massive Smash Run course...

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Later on tonight I'll post the first two of a total of ten new custom stages, all based around the Smash Run course - two stages every week day this week! I'll edit this post to fit them all on.

SR Lower Right based on Smash Run
Large Stage - Music: Menu

The full name is 'Smash Run: the Lower Right Corner'. The first stage is the lower right corner of the Smash Run course; a Battlefield-esque stage with an extra platform at the side, a rather thin ground and a path of cannons that lead directly up and, while I wanted it to led to a KO, it just doesn't. :ohwell: A very simple map and.....let's say an irritation on the left hand side.

SR Sky Stage based on Smash Run
Large Stage - Music: Stickerbush Symphony

The full name is 'Smash Run: the Sky Stage'. The name kinda speaks for itself; this is a part of the Smash Run course that can only be found in the sky, largely because it's one of two randomly generated paths the course may produce to allow the player to reach the top left corner of the course. Compared to the actual Smash Run game the stage is a bit condensed, that's largely due to the limited space available in the Stage Editor. It's a straight forward four-part stage, starting technically from the bottom left to the top right. The cannons do lead you to the next part of the stage, but other than that there's nothing very special about it.

SR Old Generator (v.1), based on Smash Run
Large Stage - Music: Menu 2 (Melee)

The full name is 'Smash Run: the Old Generator', named largely for the design in the background of the top most part of the what would be the stage in Smash Run. Unlike the first couple of stages this has a ground that can be walked off of and is a much fuller stage. This stage is taken from very close to the center of the Smash Run course. There's no real special-ness in the stage apart from a walkable ground and a raised open arena for competitive practise. This stage may change due to the right hand side platforms hanging so close to the ground.

SR Target Smash! based on Smash Run
Small Stage - Music: Trophy Rush

Target Smash!
Difficulty: Hard

GO!

This is the first of three Smash Run stages I've made built around the random rooms Smash Run generates throughout the course. This is one of a number of stage designs used for the rooms, this one specifically feature generally in Hard rooms. Normally in Smash Run the floor is normal and after a few seconds reveals itself to be a danger zone for a while before switching off again. Ideally I want that, but instead I've have to make do with a permanent lava pool.

SR Sky Bridge based on Smash Run
Large Stage - Music: Dark World / Dark World Dungeon

The full name is 'Smash Run: the Sky Bridge', named largely for the design of the stage. I personally love this Smash Run stage; it's in the air so the bottom is just as dangerous as the top, almost completely open for massive KOs stretching the length of the stage, and the stage is a staggered ground that slowly rises to the left - it's a wonderful test of movement control and aerial combat, especially at the left hand side of the stage. Seriously, it's worth giving this one a go just for fun.

SR Survive! based on Smash Run
Small Stage - Music: Multi-Man Smash

Survive!
Difficulty: Normal

GO!

This is the second Smash Run room stage. This is one of two stage designs used for Survive! games. The stage is an interesting one to me, which is a major reason for my building it; in essence the stage seems to be a Battlefield-Final Destination hybrid of sorts, where the ground floor is the length of Final Destination and the two platforms above are exactly the same length and directly above the ground. I'm curious to see how legal a stage like this is.

Thursday
SR the Tower based on Smash Run
Large Stage - Music: Boss Battle (Melee)

The full name is 'Smash Run: the Clock Tower', named largely for the design of the stage. This is an iconic section of the Smash Run course, near the top right side. The stage is subdivided into four section from left to right; the entry of the stage is at the foot of the incline. Fair warning - the cannon is right at the edge of the screen, so if you find yourself there you're gone. A couple of platforms lead to the tower where the tower is laden with cannons that fire directly into the tower walls. Two changes are here, firstly the cannons can't move like they do in Smash Run, and secondly, due to how the Stage Builder works, you can't fly through the walls like in Smash Run. Beyond the tower is the last bit of the ground before the edge of the main battleground is gone. With the right skill you can reach to top of the tower.

SR Treasure Room (v.1) based on Smash Run
Small Stage - Music: Battlefield Ver. 2 (Brawl)

Treasure!
Difficulty: Eaz- what? No! No difficulty.

GO! WAIT- NO! DON'T GO!
Uh...hold on a sec!..........Yeah okay. Go.

This is the last Smash Run stage based on a random room, a treasure room! Occasionally a random room will lead to a room with no challenge to play, instead you get a bunch of chests. Score! The stage is a small room in that the ground and platforms are low to the bottom edge, and the platforms are close to the ground, however the space above is open and favor top side KOs. The unique thing about the stage is that the ground isn't the only walk-offable ground, the top most platforms can also be walked off. At some stage I want to re-release this stage with the actual Smash Run track; All Star Rest Area.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFIOdIs9A
SR Bottom Left based on Smash Run
Large Stage - Music: The Legendary Air Ride Machine

The full name is 'Smash Run: the Bottom Left Corner'. The stage is simply a Final Destination-esque ground, but shunted to the left side of the stage, because just like in Smash Run the right side is a path of cannons that, in Smash Run would lead you back to the main battlefield, but in this stage send you straight out.
Do not pass GO.
Do not collect 200 coins.
And unlike the Bottom Right map from earlier, you WILL be KOed. To make survival in this stage even more difficult the spawn in point is in relation to the ground just past the edge of the right hand edge, meaning that as soon as you are KOed you need to be prepared to drop down and move to the left just to land.
Good luck.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, Fox and Marth mains, this week's last Smash Run stage...

SR Top Left based on Smash Run
Large Stage - Music: Air Man Stage

The full name is 'Smash Run: the Top Left Corner'. This is in fact a continuation from the Sky Bridge stage from earlier, where the path leading to the top left corner leads to three moving platforms that then lead to the Final Destination battleground. The moving platforms in Smash Run move much faster, which is something I'd like here, but here you can have a decent battle on the bigger platforms. Another unique feature is the ability to turn a launch on the platforms into a meteor strike by aiming for the under side of the battleground. This feature is intentional and has been tested to ensure a well aimed launch can achieve this. As a last line of defense three small island platforms can break your fall, but they can be very easy to fall off of, so be very careful!

:starman: Have fun and enjoy this collection of stages inspired by the Smash Run game. :starman:

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
(Reposted from the competitive stage compilation thread)

So, here's some of my stages. :) Nintendo Network ID is Munomario777, and all are designed by myself. They're also all built in the small size, IIRC.

Stage Name:
Green Hills Zone
Music:
Sonic - Green Hill Zone
Description:
Based rather loosely on the stage from Sonic 2 8-bit (as in, I named it that and called it a day :p), this is a more competitive version of the Green Hill stage from Brawl in a sense. The slope is more gentle and non-destructible, and the walk-offs are removed. There's also a couple of platforms added that somewhat resemble the zone's iconic palm trees, and they slope with the terrain.

Stage Name:
SMW Athletic
Music:
Super Mario Bros. - Super Mario World Medley
Description:
Based on the athletic stages from Super Mario World (complete with grass on the sides of the platform and the spinning blocks for ledges), this stage is somewhat similar to Battlefield, as the spinning-but-really-stationary "ferris wheel" platforms make a familiar formation. However, the block in the middle really makes the stage stand out.

Stage Name:
Tidal Shoals
Music:
The Legend of Zelda - Song of Storms
Description:
This dock was built on top of a rock formation, and while it provides a scenic view, it's often covered up by the rising tides, causing aquatic plant life to grow on the wood, including the seaweed hanging down from the stage to create interesting ledges and the cosmetic "grass" in the center (which also helps prevent spawning in the center). The moving platforms to either side of the stage simulate the "tides" by going from the lower blast zone to the position in the image below. Just don't ride them down to the cannons!

Stage Name:
Bowser's Castle
Music:
Super Mario Bros. - Fated Battle
Description:
It's about time this iconic location got a stage! The centerpiece of the stage is the "lava bridge" on which Bowser is traditionally battled in the Mario series, but don't worry; it won't collapse this time! However, the lava does flow down below the ledges, making for a tricky hazard to recover around depending on your character. The stage also has a unique layout, with a very high central platform and two slanted ones to either side.

Stage Name:
Cheese Land
Music:
Super Mario Kart - Mario Circuit (Mario Kart 8)
Description:
Based on the track from Mario Kart: Super Circuit (and now Mario Kart 8), this rather simple stage has some nuances that really change things up. Its layout is asymmetrical, but similar on both sides. The slanted land changes up gameplay quite a bit, and the cheese holes underneath the ledges can really mess with recovery, so look out for that!

Stage Name:
Excitebike
Music:
Other - Title Theme (NES Remix 2)
Description:
A rather simple stage based on Excitebike for the NES, this stage does really change up gameplay. The slope is the defining feature, discouraging camping, although standing on the platform can help with this. The stage is, of course, asymmetrical, allowing for many different play styles.

Stage Name:
Mushroom Gorge
Music:
Super Mario Kart - Mushroom Gorge
Description:
This stage is very different from the usual competitive fare, making it really stand out. Based on the Mario Kart Wii track, it features three main platforms in the form of the mushrooms, with thin stalks holding each one up. Only the outer edges of the side mushrooms can be grabbed, and the chasms allow for meteor smashes. This is also a great counterpick against Lucas or Ness players.

Stage Name:
Hyrule Castle
Music:
The Legend of Zelda - Tal Tal Heights
Description:
Based on the N64 stage of the same name but simplified for competitive play, this stage has a few unique attributes. The tall stack of platforms straight from the classic stage allow for vertical chasing, but the open area on the other side allows for more room to breathe. The ledges are also very unique, thanks to the roof-like structures. You can roll to the other side of them from the ledge, or get up behind them for a defensive wall. It's a very unique attribute. The thing is, I can't figure out how to get players to stop spawning on the soft platforms. Any help? :(

Stage Name:
Fountain of Lava
Music:
Kirby - Gourmet Race
Description:
Based on the Melee stage Fountain of Dreams, this turned out rather different from the original. The moving platforms are replaced by an incomplete Battlefield layout, creating an asymmetrical feel that sort of mimics the classic Melee stage. There's a new moving platform that goes between the two ledges, though. While the lava is mostly cosmetic, it flows down underneath the ledges for a tricky hazard when recovering, so be careful!

Stage Name:
Pipe Towers
Music:
Star Fox - Star Wolf's Theme / Sector Z
Description:
This stage is basically a test of the "asymmetrical" stage concept, allowing for different playstyles for each side. The right hand side has platforms for chasing and shooting projectiles at the raised up left hand side, and a lower ledge for better meteor smashes, while the left hand side is more open for characters like Little Mac, and has a slightly higher ledge for easier vertical KOs (although not quite as good as the platforms on the right can provide).

If any of these stages expire, let me know if you want to download one and I'll see if I can repost it when I get the time. Hope you enjoyed! :)

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
(Reposted from the competitive stage compilation thread)

So, here's some of my stages. :) Nintendo Network ID is Munomario777, and all are designed by myself. They're also all built in the small size, IIRC.

Stage Name:
Green Hills Zone
Music:
Sonic - Green Hill Zone
Description:
Based rather loosely on the stage from Sonic 2 8-bit (as in, I named it that and called it a day :p), this is a more competitive version of the Green Hill stage from Brawl in a sense. The slope is more gentle and non-destructible, and the walk-offs are removed. There's also a couple of platforms added that somewhat resemble the zone's iconic palm trees, and they slope with the terrain.

Stage Name:
SMW Athletic
Music:
Super Mario Bros. - Super Mario World Medley
Description:
Based on the athletic stages from Super Mario World (complete with grass on the sides of the platform and the spinning blocks for ledges), this stage is somewhat similar to Battlefield, as the spinning-but-really-stationary "ferris wheel" platforms make a familiar formation. However, the block in the middle really makes the stage stand out.

Stage Name:
Tidal Shoals
Music:
The Legend of Zelda - Song of Storms
Description:
This dock was built on top of a rock formation, and while it provides a scenic view, it's often covered up by the rising tides, causing aquatic plant life to grow on the wood, including the seaweed hanging down from the stage to create interesting ledges and the cosmetic "grass" in the center (which also helps prevent spawning in the center). The moving platforms to either side of the stage simulate the "tides" by going from the lower blast zone to the position in the image below. Just don't ride them down to the cannons!

Stage Name:
Bowser's Castle
Music:
Super Mario Bros. - Fated Battle
Description:
It's about time this iconic location got a stage! The centerpiece of the stage is the "lava bridge" on which Bowser is traditionally battled in the Mario series, but don't worry; it won't collapse this time! However, the lava does flow down below the ledges, making for a tricky hazard to recover around depending on your character. The stage also has a unique layout, with a very high central platform and two slanted ones to either side.

Stage Name:
Cheese Land
Music:
Super Mario Kart - Mario Circuit (Mario Kart 8)
Description:
Based on the track from Mario Kart: Super Circuit (and now Mario Kart 8), this rather simple stage has some nuances that really change things up. Its layout is asymmetrical, but similar on both sides. The slanted land changes up gameplay quite a bit, and the cheese holes underneath the ledges can really mess with recovery, so look out for that!

Stage Name:
Excitebike
Music:
Other - Title Theme (NES Remix 2)
Description:
A rather simple stage based on Excitebike for the NES, this stage does really change up gameplay. The slope is the defining feature, discouraging camping, although standing on the platform can help with this. The stage is, of course, asymmetrical, allowing for many different play styles.

Stage Name:
Mushroom Gorge
Music:
Super Mario Kart - Mushroom Gorge
Description:
This stage is very different from the usual competitive fare, making it really stand out. Based on the Mario Kart Wii track, it features three main platforms in the form of the mushrooms, with thin stalks holding each one up. Only the outer edges of the side mushrooms can be grabbed, and the chasms allow for meteor smashes. This is also a great counterpick against Lucas or Ness players.

Stage Name:
Hyrule Castle
Music:
The Legend of Zelda - Tal Tal Heights
Description:
Based on the N64 stage of the same name but simplified for competitive play, this stage has a few unique attributes. The tall stack of platforms straight from the classic stage allow for vertical chasing, but the open area on the other side allows for more room to breathe. The ledges are also very unique, thanks to the roof-like structures. You can roll to the other side of them from the ledge, or get up behind them for a defensive wall. It's a very unique attribute. The thing is, I can't figure out how to get players to stop spawning on the soft platforms. Any help? :(

Stage Name:
Fountain of Lava
Music:
Kirby - Gourmet Race
Description:
Based on the Melee stage Fountain of Dreams, this turned out rather different from the original. The moving platforms are replaced by an incomplete Battlefield layout, creating an asymmetrical feel that sort of mimics the classic Melee stage. There's a new moving platform that goes between the two ledges, though. While the lava is mostly cosmetic, it flows down underneath the ledges for a tricky hazard when recovering, so be careful!

Stage Name:
Pipe Towers
Music:
Star Fox - Star Wolf's Theme / Sector Z
Description:
This stage is basically a test of the "asymmetrical" stage concept, allowing for different playstyles for each side. The right hand side has platforms for chasing and shooting projectiles at the raised up left hand side, and a lower ledge for better meteor smashes, while the left hand side is more open for characters like Little Mac, and has a slightly higher ledge for easier vertical KOs (although not quite as good as the platforms on the right can provide).

If any of these stages expire, let me know if you want to download one and I'll see if I can repost it when I get the time. Hope you enjoyed! :)
Those look great! I'll be sure to download!

Top Bottom