• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Stage Builder Stages/Ideas

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Last edited:

Semopo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0688-6533-6002
Anybody been doing anything in stage builder?
Show it off here.

Also share your ideas if you'd like!
My friend built a penis. I built one, too. Stage builder is really nice in my opinion

Tasokun

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to say stage builder isn't as bad as many people in the community are bringing it out to be, though granted, it certainly could have benefited from many more parts and backgrounds. Regardless, there's plenty to do and make with the current freehand tools at our disposal.

My own stage; Sky Port

I would love to hear some more ideas being thrown around, perhaps I could take some pointers as inspiration for a new map. My own tip for any other custom enthusiasts out there are Trees, they're pretty easy to make despite seeming impossible at first, anyone's free to use my own template shown above. If someone out there would make a forest stage, I'd be overjoyed. Brawl had plenty of neat stages available for download online, and I'd love for that trend to continue. I know there's plenty of creative minds throughout this forum, and I'm sure a couple of you could forge an amazing stage.

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
I'll just repost this from another stage builder thread.

So far I've made 4 real attempts (and a death box because I think everybody does that at some point).

Stage: Spagonia
Music: Rooftop Run
Size: Medium
This stage was based on a mock-up map I made for another thread prior to the game's release. I added an extra floating platform on the left from this original design.
---

Stage: Battle Bowl
Music: Super Mario World Remix
Size: Small
This stage was a remade stage from one I made in Brawl. It's a very simple map with a curved main floor that acts as a bowl. Watch out for barrels which naturally fall to the bottom!

---

Stage: Lava Lagoon
Music: Bowser's Galaxy Generator
Size: Large
A large lava lake with a number of natural platforms floating around it. The bottom area can really rack up the percentage if you get knocked into the lava. The floating platforms on the outer edges of the map rise and lower into the lava.

---

Stage: Tetris Plain
Music: Tetris Type A
A stage made out of Tetris blocks. Is there more that needs to be said? I didn't realize until after this screenshot was taken that I made the block on the left one block too wide. It's been fixed since.

Last edited:

no1butmenotu

Smash Cadet
I have no idea how to post pictures up here, so I'll just describe my level. It is a walk off stage that uses the huge format. I created walls on the left and right KO zones so that people bounce off of them when they are launched in those directions. The only way to kill other players is to knock them straight up or ricochet them off of the walls.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I have no idea how to post pictures up here, so I'll just describe my level. It is a walk off stage that uses the huge format. I created walls on the left and right KO zones so that people bounce off of them when they are launched in those directions. The only way to kill other players is to knock them straight up or ricochet them off of the walls.
Here's how to post an image on Smashboards

1. Upload your image to an image uploading website (Like www.imgur.com)
2. After uploading the image get the direct link (on Imgur you can find the link on the right)
3. After getting your link go on Smashboards and on the text box you'll see on the top an icon that looks like this

4. Click on that, paste your direct link and you're done!

I'll put that on the original post for anyone who doesn't know too.

Last edited:

FireOfExile

Smash Cadet
NNID
fireofexile
3DS FC
2363-5961-4897
I don't enjoy making stages where you can't die, but I always have fun making things close to that. Or the complete opposite.

One stage is a box with a small opening at the very bottom. There are random chunks of lava floating everywhere. You respawn at a top only to fall into a cannon that shoots you through the wall and back into the box.

Another is just a spiral shape. If you go to the center, it's nearly impossible to be KO'd unless you glitch through a wall because even at 999% you'll keep bouncing off walls and not get to the exit in time.

I made a stage that was just an upside down Battlefield. Lava covered the top so you can't step on it. Then I put a regular Battlefield directly beneath it.

I waste way too much time on Stage Builder.

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2

I tried to make a "Baby Battlefield", but because of my Brother screaming nonstop, it took me OVER A HOUR! That's why I gave up and drew four boxes and patted myself on the back.
I'm gonna try to remake the great friend, who was lost from Brawl to here, Pirate Ship.

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Pretty sure this is in another thread in the Competitive discussion?

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Pretty sure this is in another thread in the Competitive discussion?
Why would it be in the competitive discussion? It has nothing to do with the forum.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Ah, haven't seen that one.
I hope a mod can merge these threads.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Ah, haven't seen that one.
I hope a mod can merge these threads.
Yeah, that'd be good too. In the comp discussion there's one about balanced stages, but also stages that are generally made for fun. But yeah, I understand. They should probably merge the two for now.

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
I think there should be an option for the 100% insta kill lava. Would make the death boxes more interesting ;)

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Wow you guys have great ideas!

Mine are just spur of the moment randomness that CPUs for some reason can't grasp lol.

Tasokun

Smash Cadet
Seconded with the notion of merging the two Stage Builder threads. Just wanted to say thanks to the community for the support (likes), not only to me, but to other builders on here as well. Hopefully we can start up an achieve of pretty fun stages. Speaking of which, I've created a few more. They're not as cool as my first, but hopefully they can still inspire some ideas out there.
-Cheers-

Primordial Tower

My first medium-sized construction, went with a tower type of feel with some sort of fort to the right.

Candyville

This one..well I didn't take it too seriously, as noticed by the sketchy lines and whatnot. All of it was hand-drawn instead of using grid, it was more of a test than anything else. I did have the tidiness to patch some of the bad lines away though. xD

Pillar of Just

Probably tied with Sky Port for my favorite stage to play on, it's pretty fun despite looking sort of plain. Again, it was another tower-themed project.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Seconded with the notion of merging the two Stage Builder threads. Just wanted to say thanks to the community for the support (likes), not only to me, but to other builders on here as well. Hopefully we can start up an achieve of pretty fun stages. Speaking of which, I've created a few more. They're not as cool as my first, but hopefully they can still inspire some ideas out there.
-Cheers-

Primordial Tower

My first medium-sized construction, went with a tower type of feel with some sort of fort to the right.

Candyville

This one..well I didn't take it too seriously, as noticed by the sketchy lines and whatnot. All of it was hand-drawn instead of using grid, it was more of a test than anything else. I did have the tidiness to patch some of the bad lines away though. xD

Pillar of Just

Probably tied with Sky Port for my favorite stage to play on, it's pretty fun despite looking sort of plain. Again, it was another tower-themed project.
... Yo.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
There's definitely some more creative / artistic people here than me. Here's some of what I've done so far:

This is the first stage I made. It is hand drawn, which is why everything is uneven and crooked. Still, a fun little level to play on.

This one I made using the grid. I have a bad habit of making things symmetrical.

This is not supposed to be a recreation of Fourside, but it is meant to be similar. I'll probably scrap it and make a new one that's set in a bigger stage.

I made this one tonight. I might work on it some more, but I like it as it is, for now.

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
Stage: Chaos Cruiser
Music: Nemesis Ridley (Other M Ridley)

Chaos Cruiser is a fairly straightforward battlefield...or so it would seem. The initial two moving platforms split and rise into an array of 4 different platforms and expose the pit in the middle periodically. Characters with wall jumps may have the advantage on escaping the pit in the middle.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I love many of the custom stages I've seen on this thread.

I'm reposting what I put into the competitive stage builder thread (I don't know if that idea is going anywhere).

I tried to work them out to the smallest details in functionality. Of course, there are limitations =].

chstar

Smash Rookie
hi first time poster, long time smash fan. just wanted to share some stages I made, let me know what you guys think!

I am honestly having more fun creating stages then actually playing the game (as amazing as the game is) and would love to see what others have created. I know it's been stated in future updates that stage sharing will be available, so lets see what our best have come up.

here is what I have so far

Stage name: tetris
music: Tetris type A

stage name: wind fish egg
music: Tal Tal heights

stage name: Air fortress
music: air ship theme

stage name: N64 peaches castle remake
music: princess peach's castle

stage name: SMB 3 final battle
music: fortress boss

stage name: N64 star fox remake
music: corneria

stage name: master sword
music: midna's lament

stage name: air fortress 2
music: airship

stage name: simon belmont
music: power-hungry fool

stage name: zelda 2 title
music: main theme/underworld them

stage name: gyromite
music: stackup/gyromite

stage name: link vs stalfos
music: gerudo valley

stage name: green hill zone
music: green hill zone

stage name: green hill zone boss
music: angel island

stage name: SMB 3 fun
music: SMB 3 medley

stage name: eternal sleep
music: midna's lament

I actually created two of these stages as I can't choose which one is better, here is the other

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Wow, those are a lot of cool looking stages. How well do CPUs handle in them out of curiosity?

Patongi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Patongi
Those are some great looking stages man. Should really get into creating more stages myself, not really feeling too artistic tho.

chstar

Smash Rookie
Wow, those are a lot of cool looking stages. How well do CPUs handle in them out of curiosity?

honestly it's hit or miss. On the one's with straight aways (like 8 bit link vs stalfos) there is no problem. But on the more complicated one's like air fortress 2 and green hill zone they aren't great. Somehow a cpu glitched his way inside one of the loop de loops in the green hill zone stage. I am not sure how it did that. But I've play tested these with friends and made corrections. Inside the loop de loops are hidden cannons (if you look really closely you'll see the edge of one sticking out inside the loop de loops). so if a cpu does glitch its way inside, a jump will cause it to unavoidably hit the cannon and be blasted out. I've had to make corrections like that on a few levels. But on the by and by, I'd say 70% are fine the first test. but with a few minor adjustments I'd say they all are. The only exception might be green hill zone boss stage. The "rope" connecting the ball to robotnik, the Cpu's will jump on it and get stuck there if you are on the other side.

but thanks for the compliment

Lozjam

Smash Champion
These are pretty amazing.... I think it's time to give MM some love and make a stage.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
These look great. Very well done! Surprisingly, I haven't done much with the stage builder yet despite getting initially hyped for it due to being able to draw with it. And I have a bit of an artist block so I decided to remake some of the old Break the Targets stages.

So far I've only done Pikachu's from Melee.

I've also done Mario's from Smash 64 but I don't really like how that one turned out.... :T

Also, I've noticed that there are apparently two stage builder stages showing threads so I went ahead and merged them. ^^

Last edited:

Naoshi

These look great. Very well done! Surprisingly, I haven't done much with the stage builder yet despite getting initially hyped for it due to being able to draw with it. And I have a bit of an artist block so I decided to remake some of the old Break the Targets stages.

So far I've only done Pikachu's from Melee.

I've also done Mario's from Smash 64 but I don't really like how that one turned out.... :T

Also, I've noticed that there are apparently two stage builder stages showing threads so I went ahead and merged them. ^^
Oh snapppp

That is a pretty awesome idea, dude. Recreation of BtT stages!

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
seriously...why we can't download customs stages by other peple? ..
i dont remember in the 50 fact extravanga if we will have the option to download customs stages?

Naoshi

seriously...why we can't download customs stages by other peple? ..
i dont remember in the 50 fact extravanga if we will have the option to download customs stages?
It'll come in a patch later, they weren't ready for it it seems. ...Which is weird... A part of me hopes they'll bring a stage builder expansion once that update hits.

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
Has this patch been promised? I for one would love to download some of the beautiful talent-fruit that has been displayed in this thread. Hopefully we'll get it by the end of the holiday season...

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
They should have allowed us to make Break the Target stages in the stage builder, since they didn't provide us with any.

Top Bottom