• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Boundary Data

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I mean exactly what I mean lol. I started with FD, and zooming out all the way doesn't even cover the entire length of the stage.

I tried putting both characters in the middle, on opposite ends, and jumping off-stage..... it won't zoom out far enough. (If the camera's dead center, it'll cut the characters out if they're too far out of its range.)

Yikarur

Smash Master
just use the unrestricted camera code and do a nice wide shot. SuSa uses photoshop so you don't have to be close to perfect.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I see. That's a problem.... you want to try eyeballing the stages? :s

I'm pretty sure the unrestricted camera stops "showing" stuff after the blast zones? Or is it random junk? =\ no brawl for 10 months causes memory to fail.

For some reason I think it keeps going -_-.. but pretty much what YIkarur stated.

:nifty::leek:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Unrestricted camera goes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay far out. Past the entire stage model until it's a tiny dot lol.

I'll eyeball it for you. And since I have a program for converting mass amounts of bin files now, I'll take a bunch of shots for each stage so you can pick which ones you like best.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Nvm, I found a new solution...... I put on Sheik's .pac from Brawl- and have her disappear. Saves you the trouble of having to edit characters out.

Pics should be up soon! I'll give you plenty of options distance-wise.

EDIT: Oops, didn't mean to double post. Sorry rPSI. ;;

SuSa

You could have dissapeared with Zelda or MK as well.

Smart solution to the problem though. :) Surprised you figured out a way to do it. (More that nobody thought to do that until now)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I thought about that, but it's too annoying to up B with two controllers at once. ;;

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Already started this way, but thanks! That code'll be really useful to have in the future. Didn't even know it existed, lol.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I use this code mainly, a life without that code would be hard for me xP
in this way you can win matches in one frame. (aka you need time instead of stocks for this to work accordingly)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Finished all the stages you requested. There are probably some near-duplicates, and I might've OD'd with the screenshots on a few stages (I think there're 104 pics total :urg: although most are from PS1), but whatevs.... better too many than not enough!

If you want any stages redone at a specific distance, lemme know and I'll try to get as close to it as I can.

http://www.mediafire.com/?97bcdftxzxu2x

EDIT: I can zoom out a lot farther than I did for any of those, but I tried not to go so far that the graphics got cut off. If you don't care about black/funky-color spaces showing (like on Japes, the water cuts off if I zoom out any farther), I can zoom out more for you.

Yikarur

Smash Master
good job, it would be awesome to get every stage in a grafic like that one from SuSa pages ago *__*

[collapse=QUestion about that picture]

how exact is this? Is this real or it is just a visualisation of how you want it to do?
Are the blastzone symmetrial? because you on the one side made a line from center to blastzone and from the other side from edge too blastzone.
[/collapse]

SuSa

Alright KayLo!, I downloaded each image one by one because mediafire blows and you should've put them in a .zip archive so I could nab them all at once. >:p

I'm going to try my best to keep each stage "relatively to scale" with eachother based on measurements. (Meaning when my measurement says 80, I'm taking that line and using that 80 to measure based on every other stage. The picture that most accurately fits it will be the one chosen)

This will ensure the camera zoom is relatively close so we don't get weird zoom out/in variations amongst the stages.

I will be using a default canvas size that is slightly larger than every picture.

I'll begin work, once I finish these if everyone's happy with them we should finish the rest of the stages (sorry KayLo! but consistency is good... why have 1/2 the pics look professional and the other 1/2 look like random Google searches :p)

OFF TO WORK! First to create my rubric and standards....

EDIT:
The images can be resized, this is just my "work with" size due to how well it worked out.

All lines are drawn to scale. 1 number = 2 pixels. Therefore if it measured "180" the line is 360 pixels high (long... w/e) | if it measured "60" the line is 120.

I chose this so when stage is "-30" I can find (0, 0) by putting a line 60 pixels tall vertically on the stage. Then I can use that point as a reference for everything else.

I did not leave the lines, but the blast zone/camera are nearly perfectly to scale to eachother due to the above measurements. (I don't exactly know where 0,0 so I based it off the center of FD since FD is extremely close to 0,0)

The lines are, relatively, in scale with the image - just the image "isn't complete" (it cuts off on parts) so it gives an illusion that things are not in scale. FD is 340 pixels long (170) ALMOST, so all lines are in scale with FD. This means I'm about as accurate as humanly possible on it.

Text goes as followed:
Arial font size 24px for numbers. 1 (2? I forget) pixel black border
Arial font and 72px for name.
If line is vertical and red, measurement is roughly on the 1/2 mark and on the right.
If line is horizontal and red, measurement is roughly on the 1/2 mark and on the bottom.
If line is horizontal and green, measurement is on the left hand side.

Again, images CAN be resized, and I can remove the name from it if you'd like. =P Just thought I'd use up all that negative space.

Luxor

Smash Champion
good job, it would be awesome to get every stage in a grafic like that one from SuSa pages ago *__*
I made that one though :c

Nice job on FD Susa, very professional. I'll upload it into the OP and keep working on the writeups when I'm on a comp and not an itouch.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I dunno how to zip stuff.

Don't laugh at me..... I'm ******** when it comes to technology. ;;

& no prob, I'll do the rest whenever you need them..... this didn't take very long at all, and I'll have a better idea of the distance you want next time.

Yikarur

Smash Master
rightclick -> new -> zip and than you mark the data and drag it into it. FINISH.
easy

Top Bottom