• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
So excuse me for being rude but what are you trying to say? No offense to chi or Ulti but just in your last message you said chi was in need of a partner and at the end of the message you were like pubes? Meaning i think the low levels. Masterofdomain, i never played you but i know im bettee than that? why dont you partner up with him? In fact as i recall every time i played Aaron i lose by 1 life and you can ask him yourself. I do better against him than almost half of you guys. I beat James Sparrow too once i think he wasnt playing his best but still. If anyone going to be my partner its going to be shadow dragon, long story short thanks but no thanks. Call me ignorent or whatever but you play to win not to lost. Ulti and Chi i mean no disrespect to you guys not one bit but my partner will always be shadow because he plays like me. I dont wavedash or shine whatever and i still give you guys trouble, if i did that stuff i think i would be where SDM and Greenbunny would be at!! Master i havent played you so we should settle this. You shouldnt go off what people say about me, im not a push over in this game. MM or friendly doesnt matter to me! But just in case you didnt mean that in a bad way disregard the whole message but i still think we shold battle
Ok, Mrray dont get your panties in a bunch, people are just looking out for each other so no one that wants to play is left sitting out, besides I once teammed with a player that I knew was not at my level, but teams is so much different than singles, we placed 3rd so if you team with someone else you might find that you work well together. since you rely so much on mind games you might think of teaming with someone that has more technical skill so they rack damage while you go for kills.......

Edit I am a better at playing people who dont use advanced techs than Aaron because Aaron always starts with a by then sends all the better players to the losers bracket so he doesnt really play anyone else in tourneys.

mrray55430

Smash Apprentice
Alright i apoligize for getting upset people. Forgive me for my rudeness i will go punish myself. No reading or public speaking for a month and i apoligize to my cat for swing him out the door lol. My bad Massa and Aaron just was irritated already before i read the page. Kinda just wanted to see what i wanted. But i will be at the tourament this Saturday same place right? Saint Thomas? at 12:30 or 1:00 i will be in a suit probably cuz i gotta speak that day.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
wow nice ray.Gonna be looking flashy. Smash is very competitive so there is bound to be trashtalk. I enjoy it every now and then =). I like having a challange. Thats why I play other characters besides falco just to have more fun .

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Wait Master, Chi is your roommate? I always thought he was your brother...?
The really tall kid with the shaved head who plays peach is Chi, who is my roommate. The one who looks like me, has blonde hair and plays falco is Crafty, who is my brother.

A hygiene code would be sweet. It's not every day you see kids playing smash with clean hair.

Nomek

Smash Apprentice
OOOOOOOOO, makes sense now.

Yeah totally could use a hygiene code. I mean my roommate smells enough.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
So I take this means none of the RF guys are coming?
That's too bad.

Heh, when I saw Mastr and Crafty next to eachother they looked rather similar.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Now that I think about it, I do remember a guy who looked like Master lol.

I hope it doesn't snow much here. It sucks that we have to lose Smashers to snow :ohwell:

I'm one of those weather nerds who pores over maps of cold fronts and whatnot. We're lucky right now, the snow seems to be going around the Twin Cities and into Wisconsin. We're supposedly getting 12+ inches through Sunday but in reality will only be 3 or 4 at the most. Trust me, I know these things.

*gets proven wrong on Sunday*

Seanson

Smash Ace
I am unable to make it to this one, I got a band concert on sunday so I can't come up to the cities, but spring break is next week so I'll make it to the smashfest in the following weeks.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I'm currently working on Fox. :chuckle: After playing Falco so much, it was bound to happen. Most of the stuff I do with Falco works better as Fox.

Samus/Ice Climbers will by my tournament characters though. I'll be focusing most on them. Maybe Sheik. Sheik's pretty fun and so many people hate Sheik. :p I finally play everybody. :) My goal now is to just keep getting better with every character.

I'll keep practicing my Falco too. Anyone who played my Falco on Saturday can tell that it's lacking right now.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
56k=rediculous. You have so much fun with all the characters but need to choose 1 or 2 before your start getting alot better =P
I know you have heard this before but you should really think about it.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Samus and Ice Climbers are my main two for sure. They're definitely my best. I don't really have many people to play against so most of my practice is just tech practice on lvl 1 comps. It's really hard to practice Samus/IC on computers. Especially IC chaingrabs because the comps just fall right into the next grab without trying to get out. So I'm practicing Fox/Falco techs.

I just feel like it would be a good idea to pick up Fox, it would really be a good asset for tourneys and Fox/Falco help my tech skill and reflexes so much. I have really fast hands and I need to put that to good use :)

I really need to find more people to play, that way I can practice Samus/IC more often against people. I don't wanna get too used to impractical stuff by playing comps too much.

I'm not sure why I want to be so good with every character, it's just a goal I have. If I'm going up against a Jiggly player, I want to be able to pull out Marth with no problem. If I'm going against a Peach, I want to be able to choose Young Link and do well. It's not just for counterpicks, though. I keep learning about each character and I learn how to fight against them and their strengths/weaknesses. I just can't stick to one person. That's the way I am and it probably will never change. In fact, I already have a third main that I will debut at the next Smashfest :chuckle:

Samus and Ice Climbers are definitely my mains.

But maybe I should just stop playing everyone else then I wouldn't be such a joke.

Seanson

Smash Ace
56k, i'd be willing to smash with you sometime next week. this is my last week of classes before spring break, so I could just head over to where you live (U of M campus somewhere?) and we can train a bit.

I havent played a human player for a few weeks now, and I feel like I got worse. need to regain that skill back.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
56k, i'd be willing to smash with you sometime next week. this is my last week of classes before spring break, so I could just head over to where you live (U of M campus somewhere?) and we can train a bit.

I havent played a human player for a few weeks now, and I feel like I got worse. need to regain that skill back.
Yeah I'm on the Minneapolis campus, that would be awesome. Maybe I can get a few other U of M smashers to play too. JoeMotion's pretty good, he lives a few floors above me. We only Smash once every few weeks though. Just let me know and I can PM you the address or something.

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
56k, playing other characters helps your mains get better but it doesn't mean you have to play them at tourneys. Personally I don't think you should play fox at tourney's samus is almost an original character now everyone plays falco or fox, Lame.......

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
fox/falco= fast, fun, top tier, mad combos, win tournies.

the end.

btw my marth faq is up. I think it sucks but go look at it anyways on the MN forums.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
I think its a good Faq, it gives off the things that Marth players really need to capitalize on to succeed, not too in-depth but I guarantee if anyone wants to start playing Marth they can look at that and have a good idea on what to work on.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
do any of you guys happen to play some m2?
i want to go play you guys, but i have no friends that are willing to come, and i dont rlly wanna go alone >.< but some m2 players would be some incentive :)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
SuperDoodleMan plays a very good Mewtwo. I'm not sure but I think BlueWolf also plays a good Mewtwo. There was someone else who played Mewtwo, I can't remember...at least I think it was BlueWolf.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Yeah, mewtwo is like my low tier secondary. I think he should be way up on the list. Tempest if you want some good m2 action you should come with us to a Wisconsin tourny and check out tonji. His mewtwo is so tight. It's legitimately his main and most used character.

Top Bottom