• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies [Melee, Brawl] #11 = Jan 17 2009

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Results from 9-13-08

Brawl Teams: (round robin)
1. (1) Neo and Tuna 3-1
1. (2) Ulti and SpinR 3-1
1. (3) Sparrow and SDM 3-1
4. Bomber and Dendy 1-4
5. SlivR and TripleR 0-5

Brawl Singles: (Bracket)
1. Neo Magic
1. Sparrow
3. RRR
4. SDM
5. BombRape
5. Flux
7. SlivRape
7. SpinRape
9. Iwontgetoverthedam
9. Tuna

Melee Singles: (Bracket)
1. Sparrow
2. Flux
3. SDM
4. Ulti
5. RRR
5. Dendy
7. Neo
7. Spinr
9. Slivr

Rio1888

Smash Rookie
Me and a few buddies will be coming to the next one of these if there is one. And also we've been wondering if theres anyone around the cities area that wants to get together ever and smash we'd love to.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Me and a few buddies will be coming to the next one of these if there is one. And also we've been wondering if theres anyone around the cities area that wants to get together ever and smash we'd love to.
I think Joemotion is having a smashfest this friday. You should look on the forum that neomagic posted under local MN tournies.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Brawl Teams (bracket)
1 Team Chexr (Chexr and Flux)
2 Smile if you're gay (Deepak and Sparrow)
3 Dr. X (Dr. C and Ecks)
4 Zero and Leon
5 Team S Kioski (SDM and Sean)
5 Frofessionals (56k and Ulti)
7 Bombic Lucarison (Bombr and Spinr)
7 Disciple needs a nephew (Disciple and Slivr)
9 Give us a name (Ryan and Nick)

Brawl Singles (bracket)
1 chexR
2 Moe
3 NeoMagic
4 Sparrow
5 Deepak
5 Dr. C
7 RRR
7 Zero
9 spinR
9 Prince
9 Seanson
9 Leon
13 Ecks
13 Nick
13 Deft
13 PFK
17 Fatal
17 bombR
17 slivR
17 MrGay
17 Cooper

Melee Teams:
1. Chexr and Flux
2. SDM and Sean
3. Sparrow and Deepak
4. TemPesT and DendyPrendy

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
shout outs

badassmailman - ggs, nice mming/friendlies with you. just try to practice this more and you'll start to own.

Deepak - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh why can't I beat you AT ALL?! I think the count is like 0-12 in tournament matches. oh well, at least I won dk dittos smile.gif

Moe - good job on placing. getting 2nd at your 2nd tournament. Next time, you'll better make it on time for teams. I'll hold my end of the bargain.

Zero/Grant/Wiimote user - INTENSE matches man. Not 1, not 2, but all our 3 matches came down to whoever could land the finish blow first. green greens was insane.

spinr - guess going all MK is just as good as going all sonic minus the style points. nice friendlies.

Chexr - I was this | | close of beating you. Oh well, maybe next time... even though I never get to face you in a tournament. Oh and it seemed like you were getting nado own'd soooo you should check this thread out: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=191593

Leon - great PT. your charizard/squirtle was ripping me apart. ivysaur... :\. Sorry I had to stage spike you to win. Couldn't finish your squirtle off any other way.

Sparrow - great tournament hosting/zss. i hate your items! ohmy.gif thanks for beating Deepak in losers. there was no way I was going to beat him had you lost. smile.gif

Slivr - nice mm with you. you're funny for always increasing the length of the set. Japes = too good for Falco.

56k - Random money match? Moer liek i use my main and you use yours! mirite? That was absurd though, what are the chances of me getting Ness and you getting Wario on Delfino (a stage I would CP)?

Dr. Cuddles - nado nado nado!!! I can't believe I managed to overcome the nado at the end. Good games man, you improved a lot since JoeMo's last week. Nice job placing well for your first tourny in like months.

Dendy - my only cheerleader... I need you to come to EVERY tournament I go to. I need the moral support. dun worry tho, next time i bring pom poms cheer you on.

ecks - good friendlies

New guys I met/played friendly teams with me/luigi user +partner - It's nice to see new faces at these. Come to the next one and show me how much you guys improve.

yoshii - come next time!

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I'm afraid this isn't entirely on-topic, but I can't get to the MN website right now for some weird reason.
I have a question regarding the ride to E52: for the return trip, can I be dropped off exactly at Macalester (which is nearby to UST as far as a drive is concerned, but not entirely within comfortable walking distance)? I don't think I could walk there and I don't think the bus schedule is terribly frequent after around 6:00 PM so I don't want to be waiting at bus stop for an hour when the drive is 5 minutes tops.

Anyway, if someone would relay that to Aaron/GB/anyone for me, I would be most greatful.

Xoa

Smash Rookie
Hey, it's Spinr, hrm... I'm not too far away from St. Paul..

I should start looking into attending these..

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
When the invisionfree team was doing maintenance on sever 6 today, they did someting wrong and lost all our data LOL... Looks like they can get it back eventually though.

Brandon-Admin of IF said:
We regret to inform the users of boards on Server 6 that the Datacenter that was performing the hardware replacement on Server 6 used the wrong hardware which led to the hard drives on the server being erased. We are still evaluating whether the drives were completely erased. Regardless, we will be restoring board data from backups stored offsite. Our initial estimate is that we will be able to completely restore InvisionFree boards to a state about two days ago. All board data will be recovered up to that point, including file uploads and post attachments. The recovery of ZetaBoards boards will not be as recent. We will definitely be able to at least restore those boards to the point at which they converted to ZetaBoards.

While we are still waiting on the Datacenter to provide us with a replacement machine, I would like to give a preliminary timeline of what to expect...
- We should have the server software rebuilt and configured by this evening at the latest.
- InvisionFree boards should be recovered approximately 6 hours after the server is fully rebuilt.
- ZetaBoards boards will go through their conversion process from InvisionFree again.

For those of you with boards converting to ZetaBoards on other servers we will continue with those conversions, but will pause them as necessary and reasonable if it is needed to help with the setup and restore of Server 6.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and we will do our best to get everything up and running as soon as possible. Please bear with us while we work to resolve this unfortunate event.

- The Zathyus Network team.
I was kinda prepared in case something like this happened so I did the best I could do and saved all the coding of the board into a document, so if they can't get our board back up the best I can do is remake the forum exactly how it was and everyone would just have to register again. All topics would be lost however.

I don't really think that will be necessary though because it looks to me like they can probably get it back up!

If anyone wants to keep yourselves updated, when you go to MN Smash just click more information underneath the text at the top of the page.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
looks like the Biweeklies thread is back in business...at least for a few days.

I hope the other nubs know where to go ¬_¬

I wanna go to Kansas now...great time for the boards to die lol

help? Any open spots?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
NOPE he likes Melee again he plays Samus and said he got better from the break he took.

Oh yeah and 56k hopefully you have a minimum of 100 dollars to commit to the trip...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
56k kansas is only melee, i thought you hated melee now?
no like a couple months ago i did

NOPE he likes Melee again he plays Samus and said he got better from the break he took.
What he said.

Oh yeah and 56k hopefully you have a minimum of 100 dollars to commit to the trip...
Nope. I haven't got a paycheck in like 2 months, just recently started working again, looks like I can't afford it :crying: Cue Cue, wahh, johns etc

Why $100? sounds like a lot more than needed. Let's see...
Entry: $40
Gas: OH SHI

nevermind lol

Top Bottom