• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

JxBlade

Smash Rookie
We don't tend to have a lot of weekend hookups, but feel free to start something. The best we can offer is very soon we will be hosting monthlies on the weekends, but those are obviously just once a month.
Ok, that's good to know. Thanks! I'll go to some of these meetups before considering hosting something. Just to meet local Smash players first and get more familiar with the scene.

SuperJudas

Smash Cadet
Hi I'm an above average player from Pittsburgh in town for the next two days anyone wanna play? I'm staying at the Hampton in Columbia just outside st Louis my phone number is 4127378608

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
On the same day as Evo?

Blah.
Yeah sorry Hylian, there's very few people in St Louis who I've talked to that are actually attending Evo, and the weekends surrounding it are booked for a lot of big events. So this one seemed adequate for our first monthly, which I suspect might be smaller anyway. We'll be watching for you on stream. ;p The next monthly will most likely be August 22nd.

Edit: Also, Smash 4 tournament at Danno's pub tonight. $5 entry, $5 venue (refundable with a setup, on a first come, first serve basis). Casuals at 5:30pm, bracket starts at 7:30pm. We had 37 Smashers last week, the biggest weekly that Danno's has ever had! Let's step it up and get above that 40 person mark!

https://www.facebook.com/events/792966890818888/

Last edited:

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
What's the facebook page for the Yeti tournaments? I can't seem to find it and I'd like to go to one

<(Pixel)>

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm a new melee player trying to find tourneys in the stl area. If you know of any melee tourneys in the stl area help me out and respond to this with the tourney info.

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Got some big stuff for Smash 4 coming up! This Wednesday, we have our weekly at Game Haven STL in Overland, MO. This weekend is Kahoka, which is a bit of a hike but going to be a ton of fun. We have also just scheduled our Smash 4 monthly for September 12!

JoeDun

Smash Rookie
Hello, I recently moved to the lindbergh area and I was wondering if there is any friendlies or anything of the sort in the area. I'm from Las Vegas and there was usually something every week. Wondering if thats the same here.

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
Hello, I recently moved to the lindbergh area and I was wondering if there is any friendlies or anything of the sort in the area. I'm from Las Vegas and there was usually something every week. Wondering if thats the same here.
Is "Joedun" referring to Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun of Twenty One Pilots?

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
There's weekly hookups for Melee and Smash 4, I think St Louis's PM scene is relatively dead.

If you play Smash 4, hookups are every other Monday at Danno's American Pub (this is our biggest event currently, ~40 people) in St Louis, MO and every Wednesday at Game Haven STL (smaller, just started, ~10-16 people each week) in Overland, MO. I don't really know our Melee scene's schedule.

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
There's a Smash 4 tournament tonight at Game Haven in Overland! :) $5 entry, $5 venue fee (waived if you bring a setup, though we do have limited space so it is first come first serve on the setup discount)!

Wumpy007

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wumpy007
3DS FC
2423-5589-3743
There's a Smash 4 tournament tonight at Game Haven in Overland! :) $5 entry, $5 venue fee (waived if you bring a setup, though we do have limited space so it is first come first serve on the setup discount)!
u guys having one tmrw?

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
A big heads up for Smash 4 at Danno's! We have temporarily relocated to Concord Lanes while Danno's undergoes renovations! The new location is Concord Bowl, 11801 Tesson Ferry Rd, St Louis, MO, 63128! We will begin our rotation bi-weekly as usual on 9/21 which means that this Monday we will NOT be having a tournament!

Sorry for the annoyingly large text but it is very important. Also, since the event system has undergone some changes I remade the Smash 4 events! There's been a minor rule change regarding Miis. Previously, Mii fighters could only use 1111. They can now use any move set they wish. You cannot change your selected moves or to a different Mii fighter once the set begins. Once you select a move set you are locked into using it.

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Weeklies aren't typically scheduled on weekends because people who are serious about tournaments travel out of state pretty often. They would most likely hold a monthly instead. We do have a bi-weekly event at WashU on Saturdays though that has both Melee and Smash 4, but as far as I know, that is the only one in St Louis. I haven't heard anything about Webster (Melee) recently.

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Reminding the Smash 4 players who want a tournament tonight, we WILL NOT BE AT DANNO'S. The tournament WILL BE at Concord Lanes instead!

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Hydra. Is back & I live in Kansas City now. I am looking for a good time to take a trip to STL for a Smash4 tourney. My husband and I are looking more for doubles rather than singles but will play both.

Also if anyone wants to exchange Nintendo IDs we are trying to have more people to fight online that are in Midwest areas. Thanks!! Mine is Aqua.Sword

Last edited:

KingBIG

Smash Rookie
NNID
GreenTbagger
I'm also looking for players in my area. I'm talking East Stl/Alton area on far side the river for Smash4. The only people I know of here in Alton are like.. Myself and My room-mate. I have my own place and all that. So If some one wants to do the Smash thing in my area/s hit me up.

My nintendo ID is GreenTbagger

Last edited:

JuRiFe

Smash Rookie
I'm also looking for players in my area. I'm talking East Stl/Alton area on far side the river for Smash4. The only people I know of here in Alton are like.. Myself and My room-mate. I have my own place and all that. So If some one wants to do the Smash thing in my area/s hit me up.

My nintendo ID is ShakyJake.
The nearest tournament to you in in STL in south city. I would say maybe 10 miles away. It's called Bar Warz it's on Monday nights every other week

KingBIG

Smash Rookie
NNID
GreenTbagger
The nearest tournament to you in in STL in south city. I would say maybe 10 miles away. It's called Bar Warz it's on Monday nights every other week
The weekly tourny stuff is something I can make it too perhaps I'll head down that way and check out the scene. But, persay... Im more or less trying to find a decent training partner near me. But I'm almost certain my roommate and I are the only Smashers in the Alton/Edwardsville area. well, competitive smashers that is. But, With luck.. Maybe Ill find some like minded people out there that live nearby.

Ezl0

Smash Rookie
Anyone know where I can get a venue for a tourney I'm only 14 and want to start one for melee and pm

Top Bottom