• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSE vs. 450 1hp matches

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
450 1hp, flower matches will unlock every hidden character and some stages in 1-2 hours.
SSE on a decent setting will take 5-7 hours.

Which are you doing first?

We already beat SSE on our imported copy so I'm just going to breeze thru and get all the characters and do SSE at a later time.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to unlock Luigi first (my main), then go through SSE.

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
450 1 hp flower matches all the way. I want to get all the characters and stages as fast as I can, but also I would rather play SSE on co-op and I won't have anyone with me on the 9th

boxelder

Smash Apprentice
What's the rush? I'm going to be playing this game for months, at least, why would I want to have it cleared in one hour. Be mature, you'll enjoy the game more.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Do you recall something called loading times? And the victory screen?

450 1HP flower matches would take longer than 2 hours.

Edit: and I'll be doing SSE.

Muffinabus

Smash Rookie
Play through SSE first obviously. I'd rather play the game and unlock characters naturally rather than alter game settings and do a boring 2 hours of barely playing the game just to unlock the characters.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Normal multiplayer matches, then once I am done with that I'll get the rest via SSE.

Conk

Smash Cadet
Do you recall something called loading times? And the victory screen?

450 1HP flower matches would take longer than 2 hours.

Edit: and I'll be doing SSE.
I've heard that SSE loads every cutscene and battle, with terrible loading times, so I doubt it'd be shorter than the 450 VS matches.

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
The versus matches could take five minutes and I'd still be doing the SSE, I'm planning to do it first anyway (I'm a completionist) and would rather unlock the characters the fun way than rush into it with my first two hours of brawl being boring, monotonous pressing of Start. Besides, I want my "records" of versus matches played to be, you know, accurate.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
450 1hp matches. Only because I'm having a Brawlnighter with a bunch of my friends. We all want to play VS matches with all of the characters as soon as possible, and you can't feasibly do that with SSE when you're having a party with six or seven guys. Granted, if I was by myself, I'd hit up SSE first.

Quab

Smash Rookie
i think the smart hing to do , would be the subspace emmisary
1. it's fun, the 450 matches is a tedios chore
2. chances are your gonna do it any why

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Both can and will get repetitive, but at least SSE will make me feel like I'm actually doing something. And there's a story.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
And like QuaB said, you're going to HAVE to do SSE eventually anyway, so...

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Even if it's faster to do the flower 1hp thing I still think it's stupid. Even if it only takes 1-2 hours, that would get really boring really fast. SSE for me.

Ryven

Smash Cadet
I'll probably just play normal versus matches until I have everything... I have no intention of doing SSE again. Ever. It was cool, like, once. For a little while.

JusticePS

Smash Rookie
I'm planning on doing SSE. I don't want to have 450 weird matches in my records throwing off all the stats, and since I'm getting it a couple days early (I know a guy that knows a girl with Nintendo store access) I'll have plenty of time to unlock everyone that way before I get on for online matches Sunday.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
List of what im gonna do;
1- Load brawl, go on classic with my mate
2- I will be Pit at first, he will be meta knight
3- do this about 5 times for some practise, going through Normal each time
4- Have some VS matches against him, probably like 10-15
5- Start SSE and play for about 2 hours
6- more VS (20) and maybe classic (5) - VS to unlock stages and characters
7- Sleep
8-Wake up (hopefully)
9- Lather, rinse, repeat.

Tiwaz

Smash Cadet
Neither.
450 1hp matches is boring.
SSE is something I can't do when I get my own copy.

I'm going to be playing 4-player versus with my friends.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
SSE definitely

even though it takes longer:
1.) SSE is more fun
2.) You're not really a hardcore smasher unless you at least play the story mode once!
3.) You get boss battle mode through SSE
4.) Who doesn't like the awesome cinematics
5.) All lists have to be divisible by 5 (its a rule.) So..for the 5th reason lets just say that SSE wins because it's...SSE :p

lxmsheepy

Smash Rookie
I take it a lot of you are going to be playing by yourself or co-op at first. After I get Brawl, which will not be the 9th unfortunately =(, Im having a Brawl party a few days later. Im going to be unlocking the character as fast as possible. What's the point in having the party if people cant play the characters they want? After that, Im playing through SSE with all the characters just b.c I want too.

SpeedKitsune

Smash Cadet
450 1hp matches. Only because I'm having a Brawlnighter with a bunch of my friends. We all want to play VS matches with all of the characters as soon as possible, and you can't feasibly do that with SSE when you're having a party with six or seven guys. Granted, if I was by myself, I'd hit up SSE first.
Same as this guy.

illphil

Smash Apprentice
Gonna do SSE on Normal or Hard. Something a little easy because I just wanna play through it first without struggle and beat it some other time on a harder level when I'm better

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
For those of you that haven't played the game, sorry but SSE is pretty boring and very easy. It is fun when you're with your friends, but its still repetetetetetetive.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Neither, actually. I'm going to use the third means of unlocking the characters to get them - classic mode, 100 man Brawl, etc. I find those more enjoyable than doing a ton of Brawl matches, and I want to have the "Challenger Approaching" screens and have to fight to unlock the characters, so I don't want to do SSE until I have all (or nearly all at least) of the characters unlocked. I may go ahead and do SSE for a few - R.O.B. comes to mind, since the third way for him is collecting 250 trophies, and I'm not sure how long that would take - but it won't be many.

Zevox

Top Bottom