• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSE vs. 450 1hp matches

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
For those of you that haven't played the game, sorry but SSE is pretty boring and very easy. It is fun when you're with your friends, but its still repetetetetetetive.
How much more repetitive can it be than Melee's Adventure or your average Kirby game? I tend to take comments like that with a grain of salt.

And before you say it's "very easy", have you tried Intense? If not, then your opinion has no meaning.

X Megadragon

Smash Cadet
I definitely want to take my time on the game instead of racing against all my friends to be the first to unlock everything. <.<

This game's supposed to last me another seven years, so why rush?

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
co-op SSE with my neighbor in the time between gamestop tourny and koon's tournament on the 9th with some vs. matches in the middle

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
one console playing multiplayer matches, the other one doing 450 1hp games I think. If the single-player game isn't good enough for me to enjoy without unlocking characters, then i won't play it.

Chro

Smash Apprentice
I'm just going to do 450 1 stocks to unlock stages and characters but have it not be mind-numbingly boring.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I will go unlock all of the characters through vs mode (450 times 1 hp) and stages as fast as possible. I will play through the Subspace Emissary later when I'm by myself.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Me and my friend just did one stock matches till we hit 450. Just jumped off of FD over and over till we got everyone. I couldn't get myself to grind through the SSE....didn't have the will power (it wasn't very fun, lol).

Fast and Furious

Smash Rookie
I'm having a good friend of mine come over after midnight... so I will be playing SSE first. I would like to get a feel for gameplay with all the characters first anyway before I decide who I will main (though it will probably be Samus).

marblez

Smash Rookie
Friends are coming over Sunday to play (couple might come Saturday night too), so I want to have all the characters. I'll be doing the 1 HP trick, but I'll throw in a few regular matches here and there.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
Do you recall something called loading times? And the victory screen?

450 1HP flower matches would take longer than 2 hours.

Edit: and I'll be doing SSE.

I did some timing estimation with melee, and i have came to the conclusion of it taking about 14 to 18 seconds per match.

For me i will unlock everyone up until sonic with the flower method, and then i will play some online, unlocking people through actually playing the rest of the matches, and then the next day i will start subspace on intense.

pirkid

Smash Lord
""
1b: 50 Versus Matches {Ness, Marth, Luigi, Falco}
~ 5 Matches for Ness ~
~ 10 Matches for Marth ~
~ 22 Matches for Luigi* ~
++ (Captain Falcon, see below)
~ 50 Matches for Falco ~

~ 15 on Moses Island {Snake} ~
- 10 on Melee stages {Jungle Japes}
- 3 on Yoshi's Island (Melee) {Super Mario World MP}
- 10 on Poke Stadium 2 {Poke Stadium 1}
- 20 with Kirby {Green Greens}
- 10 with DK {75m}
_ Win 5 matches with Peach (Super Mario World)
- 3 with Luigi {Luigi's Mansion}* (Need Luigi, 22 matches first)
""

~Taken from Pirkids SSBB Starting Brawl guide

Because me and my friends are going to play for a bit. A byte. A chomp.

Then, once my friends leave, I'll play SSE Co-op with my little sister.

Inocram

Smash Cadet
Bunch of guys, couple rigs, and a couple brawl discs. If you're out of a match for any reason, you're on start-button pressing duty. We all seem to be far more interested in actually playing each other than the subspace starwars crap...

TheStig

Smash Lord
i might try the 450 matches because I want to get a taste of all of the characters. over break i'll be playing through sse.

Top Bottom