• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSE love it? hate it? you decide, scale of 1-20

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I did not like it at all, and I felt it was a huge waste of disc space =]

imo it would've been awesome as it's own separate game

8/20

cutscenes 17/20

-LeX-

Smash Rookie
Cutscenes were great, but the great maze was just like doing everything twice and was very tedious making it pretty annoying. Overall when your not lost in the maze = 10/20

DarkDefeater

Smash Apprentice
I really like the SSE, but my complaint is getting trophies using the trophy stands. When are you surrounded by whatever, hitting one enemy with that stand can be rather aggrevating.

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
I loved SSE personally because it was well written and i allways wondered what Smash Bros. would be like if it had an actual story line........

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'll give it a 16/20, but ONLY BECAUSE OF THE CUTSCENES. The enemies were lame, gameplay was boring, but the cutscenes were the best thing I've ever experienced in life. Like, ever.

Guthix

Smash Cadet
UGH. The SSE stunk. The levels were boring, no real skill needed. You could simply walk through a level without killin any enemies (with some exceptions). Even if you did stop to K0 all the enemies, what was the point? No real rewards, except for maybe a few coins (whoop-de-do). The bosses were mostly pretty easy, with the exception of Tabuu. The storyline was alright, but kinda lame. I think Sakurai should have stayed to the original SSB format.
Ok I'm done complaining. SSBB is still awesome. But for the Subspace Emissary, i give it a 5/20. Maybe a 8 for cutscenes.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I myself actually enjoyed SSE,the cutscenes were beautiful and epic. But as many Brawl reviews say it does seem to get repetitive after a while,but it was the easiest way to unlock characters. The levels were not that boring,and actually could get challenging at times I'm am not a good rater,so I wont do that. But SSE was a interesting story I give it that.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
It was rely gud. THe cutscenes were awesome. I also liked the way u were given the choice to play as all the characters (except Jiggs, Wolf and Toon) it introduced me to all the new characters in brawl. I wud have prefered if the characters were harder to unlock. Just clearing the story mode shudn't give u all the characters. But it's much better than melee's adventure and a great addition to the game. 18/20

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
15 - 20

Pros: Cutscenes are amazing and seeing all your favorite game characters working together is just awesome not to mention the fact that its the first ever story in a smash bros game.

Cons: Gameplay is boring and dosn't really even play like Smash Bros should and although there are pritty cutscenes you have almost no idea wtf is going on.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
It was pretty good, but I did wish there was a little more. It made me a little sad when I beat the game. The SSE was fun so I give it a 17/20.

Roxmorf

Smash Cadet
well, the storyline was a bit.... silly (4), it didn't fit as I spected at least (i know its almost imposible to fit all the different characters), the gameplay was pretty entertaining(7), and the cinematics, are spectacular (9.5). I'd give it a 6 (boring maze took points) but since its not the main part of the game (the multiplayer takes credit) and it is just another part of the game it goes up to a 8.5 (or 17/20 )

Arnulf

Smash Rookie
The thing I like with nintendo is that they often explain detailed story lines without words. I think that they did pretty well in this game. But I don't like the fact that you get Jigglypuff after you beat SSE because you usally get Jigglypuff first in smash games. But still I thought it was very entertaining, 17/20.

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
I give it a 17-20.

Pros: Fantastically made cutscenes, very fitting music for stages, no voice acting (except for a few certain characters), Story was very unique to say the least.
Cons: The treatment that some characters got were atroucious (Kirby was playable in 9 levels, GAW wasn't playable in any barring Entrance to Subspace and Great Maze), Great Maze could have been done without (especially going back after beating Fox's clone, the cannons are gay)

vinni57

Smash Cadet
What it needs+ rating

I would give it a 17/20 but it could have used more character fights and less subspace foes with damage signs and not Hp bars.

The only battles w/ damage signs I can remember are the one w/ charizard and wario.

Also the great maze but It was just annoying being spammed by shadow ppl.

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
Also the two Bowser battles, shadow Zelda/Peach (along with both of them on The Halberd) and Link and Yoshi/Mario and Pit. AND Mario VS Kirby, Meta Knight VS Lucario, giant Diddy Kong, copied Samus' and more.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
(Kirby was playable in 9 levels, GAW wasn't playable in any barring Entrance to Subspace and Great Maze)
That got me thinking: who appears in the SSE the most and the least (well we know sonic is the least, the 3 hidden ones don't count)? Someone make a list with all the characters please.

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
Mario: 9
Donkey Kong: 5
Link: 7
Samus: 6
Yoshi: 7
Kirby: 9
Fox: 5
Pikachu: 6
Bowser: 1
Peach: 6
Ice Climbers: 3
Zelda/Sheik: 6
Meta Knight: 6
Pit: 8
Wario: 1
Ike: 4
Pokemon Trainer: 6
Diddy Kong: 7
Lucas: 6
King DeDeDe: 2
Olimar: 4
Luigi: 2
Captain Falcon: 4
Ness: 3
Jigglypuff: 0
Marth: 4
Mr. Game and Watch: 2
Falco: 4
Ganondorf: 1
Lucario: 5
Snake: 4
R.O.B: 3
Sonic: 1
Toon Link: 0
Wolf: 0

Hope this helps!

If you need the levels:
Midair Stadium: Mario, Kirby, Zelda, Peach
Skyworld: Pit, Mario
Sea of Clouds: Kirby, Zelda/Peach
Jungle: DK and Diddy
Plains: Mario and Pit
Lake: Diddy and Fox
Ruined Zoo: Lucas, Ness, P.Trainer
Battlefield Fortress: Marth, Meta Knight, Ike
Forest: Link and Yoshi
Research Fortress (1st): Zamus and Pikachu
Lakeside: Mario, Pit, Link, Yoshi and Kirby
Path to the Ruins: Lucas, P. Trainer
Cave: Mario, Pit, Link, Yoshi and Kirby
Ruins: Lucas and P. Trainer
Wilds (1st): Marth, Meta Knight and Ike
Ruined Hall: Lucas and P. Trainer
Wilds (2nd): Mario, Pit, Link, Yoshi and Kirby
Swamp: Diddy, Fox and Falco
Research Facility (2nd): Zamus, Pikachu and Samus
Outside the Ancient Ruins: Olimar, Captain Falcon, Diddy and DK
Glacial Peak: Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Lucario
Canyon: Mario, Pit, Yoshi, Link and Kirby
Battleship Halberd Interior: Snake, Meta Knight and Lucario
Battleship Halberd Exterior: Zelda and Peach
Battleship Halberd Bridge: Fox, Zelda, Peach, Lucario, Snake and Falco
Subspace Bomb Factory (1st): Samus and Pikachu
Subspace Bomb Factory (2nd): DK, Diddy, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Samus, Pikachu, R.O.B.
Entrance to Subspace: Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Peach, Ice Climbers, Zelda, Meta Knight, Pit, Ike, P. Trainer, Diddy, Lucas, Olimar, Marth. Falco, Captain Falcon, Lucario, Snake, R.O.B., Mr. Game and Watch
Subspace (1st): King DeDeDe, Ness and Luigi
Subspace (2nd) Kirby:
Great Maze: Everyone except Jigglypuff, Toon Link and Wolf

This stage list might not be correct as it is based on my personal memory.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I give it a 17-20.

Pros: Fantastically made cutscenes, very fitting music for stages, no voice acting (except for a few certain characters), Story was very unique to say the least.
Cons: The treatment that some characters got were atroucious (Kirby was playable in 9 levels, GAW wasn't playable in any barring Entrance to Subspace and Great Maze), Great Maze could have been done without (especially going back after beating Fox's clone, the cannons are gay)

I agree, 15/20. But what can we really compare it to? Melee's Adventure Mode?

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
I like it but it could've been better; perhaps longer? I must admit, I did it in a shocking 11 hours but it would be fantastic if it was more like a whole game in 1 - I'm sure Nintendo could handle it.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
subspace is a definite improvement over Melee's adventure mode, with better cutscenes, original (for the most part) enemies and co-op adventuring (I have smash addicted siblings so that is a major plus for me). What I don't like is how wolf, toon link, and jigglypuff are secret characters, requiring that you revisit old places unneccesary to the adventure to unlock someone who would have taken 400+ vs matches to obtain or how difficult the bosses are on co-op. But I still like it

WiiManiac1

Smash Cadet
I would give it a 18 out of 20. I thought it was lots of fun and the cutscenes were great. At times it got boring and repetitive but overall it was a good experience.

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
Thanks cjrocker! The only level I had to look up was Outside the Ancient Ruins (how did I forget that?) ! Anyway, which level was the most forgettable in the SSE?
I would have like The Canyon better if you got a choice over which group you wanted to beat up the Primids as.

Top Bottom