• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSE Jungle Discussion

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I feel that discussion for this stage deserves it's own thread. I'd like to hear everyone's input on this stage. I think it could certainly have a place in competitive play. The presentation is full and complete for it with already done textures for icons and such, a full background and nice looking stage, music, etc.

It certainly feels a lot more like a stage that could fit in a finished project over ones like WWR and stuff. Sure the stage is a bit wide horizontally, but what is so bad about that really? There's no real problem with circle camping with other big stages, doesn't offer any huge advantage to one character over another, etc.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I dislike this stage. its huge and is great for campers and encourages camping. the camera also is weird.

I've always been an advocate for making brawl plus a great competitive game, not for adding things "I think would be cool".

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Not every stage has to be small. Making it smaller kind of takes away what's different about it compared to stages already in the game.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Can we shrink it horizontally but not vertically, so the platform heights don't get ****ed up? Otherwise it's just not a very good stage, certainly not starter material for singles. This was the first polished SSE stage that we really got to try out, but I think we can find something much better than this.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
from what I remember from doing 100% Intense SSE is that many "salvageable" stages have huge borders to allow you to live to obscure percents on purpose. When enemies can take you from 0-100 in 2 seconds, not even momentum canceling can do much. Obviously any other SSE stage we might try to salvage will have a size problem in one form or another.

That said, this is probably the most unique non-gimmick SSE stage other than the SSE Halberd Interior (with the flashing on and off lights). Shrinking it horizontally can make it a lot more manageable, and the platforms aren't as huge as Halberd Interior. It also doesn't have a gap below (Halberd Interior however does) that allows you to glide or bomb tech from one side to another, deterring at least one type of camping (lower circle camping).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The stage boundaries seemed ok. It's just a little big horizontal. Kind of goes hand and hand with how small WW is horizontally.

I suppose just shorten the boundaries a tad for how big the stage is, but not by too much

Magus420

Smash Master
The boundaries and camera were already adjusted. Vertically from the floor it's the same as FD/BF/SV, and horizontally fits with where the sides of the stage are though a bit on the small side to go better with how wide the stage is overall. If the actual stage/platforms were made smaller horizontally while resizing the side kill zones by the same amount I think it'd make a great stage for both 1vs1 and 2vs2.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
And this is the part where I bring up using Dantarion's alt stage loader for 2 versions of this stage where one is optimized for doubles and the other for singles.

Top Bottom