• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSE is so much more fun the second time

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
So my little brother erased my data :mad: again, so I thought I'd go through the SSE again. I'm probably twice as good as I was last time I played SSE. I had a blast juking the primids and sending them to hell utilizing the good aspects and AT's of each character. I think if I had played SSE after learning how to play brawl competitively I would have had a lot more fun. Anyone else feel the same way?

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Ehh, SSE has very little to do with competitive brawl- No gimps, no edguarding, no camping, no mindgames or at least semi-intelligent play, punishment is different, decision making is much different, and in general, all the "AT's" so far are pretty situational- esp. if not in an actual VS match. I suppose SSE would be better if at first didn't understand anything, but now have an understanding of the basics(spacing, what which buttons do, decent control of character.) I dunno, fun is subjective so you're opinion works for you.

justaway12

Smash Master
sometimes it's fun to not know in SSE because it mainly about the story... well for me it is exept that peach/zelda thing where you have to save them i didn't realize what would happen later on and i had to play it again because i personally just can't accept what happened when you save peach even if she is my main and even if i don't like SSE that much

paulleh

Smash Apprentice
yeah I agree, I finished it 3 times already it's a lot more fun when you're more skilled at the game. Especially when you have bunch of projectiles coming at you and you cancel em all out with falco's lazarz =)

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
SSE isn't fun when you realize you can't thunderstorm because the gravity is different. I end up having to go in with light fast characters if I want to play on insane.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Not much skill for SSE at all actually because really you are not fighting an real enemy. Perhaps a different kind of skill is required.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Not to me at least. Finishing SSE on Intense with a partner made it fun though. :)
Finishing SSE on Intense alone was enough of an achievement (and killing Taboo with THE KNEE)

Actually, it wasn't all that bad the 2nd time around but its not a good idea for a third run in a row. I don't even want to see the mode SSE anymore XP

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
SSE isn't fun when you realize you can't thunderstorm because the gravity is different. I end up having to go in with light fast characters if I want to play on insane.
The gravity's different? The hell? Never noticed. And no thunderstorm?! That sucks big time. I thought SSE would be cake with Ganon because of it, but it turns out the cake is a lie.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
It was amazing when I first started Brawl and failed at everything. Once you get better it stops being challenging, and playing through it a second time makes the game lose it's charm. Nobody wants to do The Maze a second time, ever.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
It was amazing when I first started Brawl and failed at everything. Once you get better it stops being challenging, and playing through it a second time makes the game lose it's charm. Nobody wants to do The Maze a second time, ever.
I partially agree, the more times I do it actually (about to do it for my 4th time lol) I enjoy it more because I like to figure out how to do it more efficiently, and I like to figure out the storyline exactly. But, I do agree with this. The maze is NEVER fun the second, or third, or fourth (ug) time. Ever.

Top Bottom