• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Anthony//

i know you might not reply on this post, but i know you are going to read this.

as i've told you, i WILL FORCE you TO USE fox against me.

we shall see. i am about there. grrrrrrr

Alan//
this is just a recommendation.
you told me that you will learn DK, right?

picking up 'some' (as in more than 1) low tier characters will help you, too.
doesn't have to be bottom tier, but still,
'bad' characters comparing to Top ties characters will give you some ideas how to deal with many different things.

Jay//
We've fallen into new games...
lol

i still want your white thing

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Alan//
this is just a recommendation.
you told me that you will learn DK, right?

picking up 'some' (as in more than 1) low tier characters will help you, too.
doesn't have to be bottom tier, but still,
'bad' characters comparing to Top ties characters will give you some ideas how to deal with many different things.
I personally don't think picking up a "bad" character (BTW, DK isn't not a bad character) is a good idea at all. When using low tier characters, especially when first picking them up, you will lose many matches, even after you get decent with these characters. Sure, you can learn a few things from each loss, however, the main reason of your loss is almost always because of the fact you are using a low tier character.

This works the other way around though, for people who want to become good with low tiers, they should first become good with high tier characters. They have a better understanding of what it takes to win (since they aren't using limited characters) and apply what they learned from their high tiers to their low tiers, knowing how to make up for whatever their low tier character is lacking in. Good examples would be me and CunningKitsune.

Also, its good the he's using Fox. Fox requires both solid tech skill and solid mindgames. Kso's other characters are Falco (tech skill) and Marth (mindgames). Basically, playing Fox allows the potential of playing any other character.
Wow, another fox player... I thought I was the only one that used Fox in tournaments...
Yeah, I should learn how to play Fox :( then I can someday use him in tournaments. We would have another Fox player >_<

_kSo_

Smash Master
Wow, another fox player... I thought I was the only one that used Fox in tournaments...

*forgot Carl

LOL

heh, playing exclusively fox marth and falcon (mostly fox) for the past few days has really made me improve and I hope that it shows in the next tourney. We will see if I am going to actually enter or not depending on attendance and depending on if I still suck with fox or not lolz

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I should learn how to play Fox :( then I can someday use him in tournaments. We would have another Fox player >_<
Don't worry I didn't forget you, I just haven't seen much of your fox in the tournaments I've been to. All I've been seeing is a bunch of Dk.... that eats space animals...

goosefactor

Smash Lord

We will see if I am going to actually enter or not depending on attendance and depending on if I still suck with fox or not lolz
You BETTER enter regardless of what the attendance is and where you stand with fox. I'm not driving all the way down there just to have you sit on the sidelines!! Besides, my cousin always enters. How do you think HE feels sparring with eveyone? (no offense, Brayan)
Anyways, I'm just messin' with ya. You do want you wanna do, and I promise not to give you TOO much of a hard time if you decide not to enter.:)

Don't worry I didn't forget you, I just haven't seen much of your fox in the tournaments I've been to.
Sadly, I saw the wrath of his Fox in our last singles bracket. I didn't fare all to well against it with my Marth if I recall.:(

_kSo_

Smash Master
I'm not driving all the way down there just to have you sit on the sidelines!!
truth. I will take this into consideration

also, bryan has gotten a lot better. He is better than me now :p

Sadly, I saw the wrath of his Fox in our last singles bracket. I didn't fare all to well against it with my Marth if I recall.:(

carl and kitsune are especially good against marths so don't feel too bad...even though it doesn't mean too much, he destroyed my marth as well

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
truth. I will take this into consideration

also, bryan has gotten a lot better. He is better than me now :p

carl and kitsune are especially good against marths so don't feel too bad...even though it doesn't mean too much, he destroyed my marth as well
haha well thank you kso i greatly appreicate that comment

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
KSO and Carlo//

sorry for not showing up.
Kirkq grabbed me on my way to ford and played smash for a while, then Anothony showed up. so i just had JJ with Anthony.

Anthony//
danm. my total failure.
YESTERDAY, you found out the perfect combo on Shiek...

my plan of pulling your fox went absolute failure...

and, mario vs luigi + Jiggs vs Shiek...
i had to win.-_- last stocks of mine were dumb as hell.

by the way, good to see your shiek, sir. =P

Jay//
Congrats for the victory =)
in a week or two (since hw + exams)
i will find a graph that suits for you.

love YS. you are ganon.

Andrew//
We DID NOT WORK WELL AS A TEAM AT ALL.
do not expect me to enter the tourney with you.
when you get up to my level, i will think once more.
but no.
do not try to convice me to enter tourney,
do not ****ing force me, nor begging is allowed.

for all/

This is me.
1. 60% or more%, my last stock - wavedash off the stage.
2. upB before double jump although i had double jump. or UpB failure
3. Controller failure. ruined B button + random reverse B attacks that i did not do.
4. Wavedash failure
5. wavelanding failure
6. Requiring Star Craft CD.
7. MMX command mission to play

Additionally,
you guys won't see any shiek in tourney =P
unless Carlo or Kadian or maybe Kirkq use her.
but usually,
Carlo - fox
Kadian - marth (seems like it)
Kirkq - falco.

so... no worry for shiek anymore. pretty much =)

28th - math exam
march 5th - chem exam
6th - CGT mid exam + physics.
7th - some day.

i want jay's white thing.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Btw, I dunno if I'll go to the tourney, maybe for singles. Pretty much for the same reason Maus has.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's going on here!? Maus and Carl- you guys aren't showing up? I was looking forward to playing both you guys this weekend. I'm confused, is it cause of exams!? If so, then you have two options:
1. Don't study! (Duh)
2. Bring your books like Kitsune does!

Maus: You need to be there for more friendlies on RC. Like I said before, I always enjoyed playing with you.
Carl: I thought we were finally gonna do our MM's. Think about it- it's practically FREE money!! Besides, I want another round with my Marth and your Fox:)

goosefactor

Smash Lord

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Remind me again why I want to go all the way down there this weekend to hang out with you guys?
Don't you want to "smash it up" in some "friendlies" with Maus?
Watch out though...Maus "has good DI" if you know what I mean. Me and KSO are always up for "showing off some tech skill".

I'm bored

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Don't you want to "smash it up" in some "friendlies" with Maus?
Watch out though...Maus "has good DI" if you know what I mean. Me and KSO are always up for "showing off some tech skill".

I'm bored
I'm embarrassed to say that I actually laughed at this post...:laugh:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
xD @ goose
Maus wants my Wii so badly. I don't blame him though, it's pretty nice.
Oh really? Last time I checked, a part of your Wii was broken and decreased in length.

My Wii, however, is in perfect condition.

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
i hate to break up this meaningful conversation but i have a question for all tourney going people...

how would you guys feel about dropping teams and trying to do a crew battle? kso and i were discussing it and wanted to get some feedback

goosefactor

Smash Lord
i hate to break up this meaningful conversation but i have a question for all tourney going people...

how would you guys feel about dropping teams and trying to do a crew battle? kso and i were discussing it and wanted to get some feedback
You know I'd be up for it since I mentioned it earlier. HOWEVER, I'm not giving any suggestions or ideas for it. I already learned my lesson from last week;)

DracoFox

Smash Ace
There is more reasons for Carl, Maus, and Matt to show up. I'll be there. Unless you don't want me to show up. I can go back to understanding why my controller sucks... I blame myself, I touched it in naughty ways like a yellow wii.

_kSo_

Smash Master
There is more reasons for Carl, Maus, and Matt to show up. I'll be there. Unless you don't want me to show up. I can go back to understanding why my controller sucks... I blame myself, I touched it in naughty ways like a yellow wii.
that is....nice....

anyway, i am up for a crew battle as well. the low attendance at teams would show that we would probably have a perfect amount for crew battles. plus there is a bigger audience and more people will be cheering.

also i think kitsune should make the teams, seeing as he is a tourney director (as well as me) but he will probably not be playing the crew battle because it will probably tip the team that has him by like ten-fold

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
that is....nice....

anyway, i am up for a crew battle as well. the low attendance at teams would show that we would probably have a perfect amount for crew battles. plus there is a bigger audience and more people will be cheering.

also i think kitsune should make the teams, seeing as he is a tourney director (as well as me) but he will probably not be playing the crew battle because it will probably tip the team that has him by like ten-fold

i agree with kso...kitsune should make the teams...sorry to put all that pressure on him to make them (since we know how the last ranking thing turned out) but i think that is the most fair way and i think he probably has the best gauge as to which people are at what level and stuff so im all for that...and we could do $$ for people that want to i dunno how that would work though :ohwell: any suggestions are welcome.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
There is more reasons for Carl, Maus, and Matt to show up. I'll be there.
And why would THAT be an incentive for me to show up!? ;)

Seriously though, MM's this weekend?

Whether it be an MM or friendly, I wanna Link/Y.Link ditto you (preferably Y. Link since I don't suck AS much with him), and whatever other crazy matches you can think of.

_kSo_

Smash Master
...and we could do $$ for people that want to i dunno how that would work though :ohwell: any suggestions are welcome.

SIDE BET SIDE BET SIDE BET SIDE BET SIDE BET SIDE BET SIDE BET SIDE BET SIDE BET SIDE BET SIDE BET SIDE BET SIDE BET SIDE BET SIDE BET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
i dunno how you feel about this but maybe each team would put in 5/10 whatever we decide (so either 25 or 50 per team) and the winner takes the pot. if there are people that want to play but not put up money, if they are on the winning team they just dont collect. so people could put more in the pot, but they also could get more back.

but then there is also the debate that those that dont put money in wont try as hard or it doesnt mean anything to them so they might do dumb things in a match....i was just thinking of this that way maus could play...

so yeah obviously its just an idea

TerranMasse

Smash Cadet
i was thinkin around $5........cuz im kinna poor and i really havnt seen anyone around here play 64 smash......but any time you wanna play, im over in Cary Quad so just pm me and we'll meet up. oh and i dont own a 64 so we'll hafta find one to use

_kSo_

Smash Master
i was thinkin around $5........cuz im kinna poor and i really havnt seen anyone around here play 64 smash......but any time you wanna play, im over in Cary Quad so just pm me and we'll meet up. oh and i dont own a 64 so we'll hafta find one to use

i'll MM you for whatever amount

:)

talk to me, i have an N64

Top Bottom