• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

_kSo_

Smash Master
Purdue University: Tarkington Hall
1165 West Stadium Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47906

TV lounge is located downstairs on the first floor. so when you enter, go down the stairs, not up...

Core1

Smash Rookie
Bah! When do you think the singles for Melee will start? I work till 5 p.m. =\

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
yea well i think ur dumb i play with my friends all the time and we always use items and fight as hard as we can, im going to show up as kirby and impres u noob even w/o item.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
yay, I own ^_^
1st in teams, 2nd in singles, 1st in N64 singles, 0$
sssooooooo pro!

_kSo_

Smash Master
Gj everyone. and NJ you know you wouldnt have taken first in ssb64 singles if i had gone pika on you :p

but seriously no johns, nj played really well and he clearly beat me :p

but yea, we had a great turnout and next time we will probably end up doing ssbm on one day and ssb64 on different day because, well there are simply not enough hours in the day

I will update the thread with bracket + results later

_kSo_

Smash Master
Updated the thread with the results from yesterday's tourney. Let me know if you really want to see the bracket and I'll send it to you.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Iggy, I'm surprised you even played with Kirby. Overall a great tournament, and I can tell that I have improved since Flames of Bowser. I do want to say sorry for how messed up I was. I didn't get much sleep the night before the tournament, and I felt as though I was going to pass out. Hopefully next time it won't be like that.

_kSo_

Smash Master
false. i just cant believe he was able to out mindgamez'd everyone into getting sucked up and spat out over the edge. (me included -_-) iggy i hate you

_kSo_

Smash Master
Hey guys, i'm holding a smashfest on Saturday Sept 1st at 2pm in my apartment so hopefully we'll be able to get some people here. money matches are welcome. we probably won't have many people kuz i only have one TV but feel free to bring another one if you wantt to. I'm telling everyone on this forum right now kuz i know that me and NJzFinest are definitely going to be smashing all of friday night and all of saturday. in fact, give me a call if you wanna come on friday and i'll let you know what we're up to. but saturday at noon for sure. we'll order some food or something if you want LOL

Alan Zhang
29 Tower Dr. #12
West Lafayette, IN 47906

see you guys there

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
yayuhhhzzz
People plz come and smash it up.
Get owned by my Zelda mindgames ^_^

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
*BUMP*

Beware of the ferocious beasts (Yoshi and DK) in the next n64 tourney!

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Yeah, so the next event is this Saturday, September 8th, at 2 PM in Tarkington's TV Lounge. Keep in mind that entry fees will be collected this time around; entry for singles is $5, and entry for teams is $10 per team. This also means that the top three placers will receive cash prizes up front as soon as the event concludes. The prize structure is 60%/30%/10% of the total pot for 1st/2nd/3rd, respectively, in both formats.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Well, I'm stuck working full time now. So I won't be able to make it to the events unless I start calling off from work every other Saturday. We'll see what happens.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Next Event: September 22, 2007, Tarkington Hall TV Lounge, 2 PM-8 PM

Our next event, SSBO IV, will be Saturday, September 22, at 2 PM in Tarkington's TV Lounge. Entry fees will be the same as usual, that is, $5 for singles and $10 for doubles. Rules will be slightly tweaked as well, with the addition of "Dave's Stupid Rule" and perhaps "Iggy's Stupid Rule" as well (because I can :p).

As with this tourney, format rules and prize money distribution will be changed based on attendance. For example, this week's tournament had only 4 teams in competition; rather than playing a simple 4-man double-elimination bracket, we placed the teams into a 4-man round-robin, with the top two teams advancing to the final "bracket" in which the first seed essentially won winner's bracket and the second seed essentially won loser's bracket (in short, this meant that the second seed would have to win two best-of-5 sets to take first while the first seed would only have to win one). The prize structure in this case was also changed to 70%/30% for first and second, respectively, to compensate for the small participation.

Congratulations to SSBO III's top placers, detailed below.

Singles
1: kirkq ($30.00)
2: NJzFinest ($15.00)
3: Ryan ($5.00)

Doubles
1: kirkq + Edge ($28.00)
2: NJzFinest + KSO ($12.00)

SSBO IV is coming in two weeks. Practice up!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
GUYS, BRING YOUR OWN MOTHER****ING CONTROLLERS

KSO, PLEASE ADD THE RULE

*edit*

Post # 4,440 >.> funny number

smash-aholic

Smash Cadet
Ok, so are we allowed to go if we are only in high school? Because since west Lafayette doesn't ever get tournaments, I told everyone and they are all "pumped" for this...

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
High-schoolers are most certainly welcome, smash-aholic. As long as you have the means and the time to come to these, feel free to do so. It's always a welcome sight to see new players around here, and I'm quite grateful that you've spread the word about these; the more, the merrier.

smash-aholic

Smash Cadet
I don't think many, or any of us will be there for SSB64 sadly... They are mostly there to see what goes on in a SSBM tournament.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I don't think many, or any of us will be there for SSB64 sadly... They are mostly there to see what goes on in a SSBM tournament.

well whatever the case, you are more than welcome to come. i'm sure you'll have a fun time just being there even if you decide not to play. it's a great time

_kSo_

Smash Master
So what should we expect for skill in this tournament?
Cunningkitsune and Iggy are professional level melee players. NJzFinest and Kirkq are semi-professional level melee players. I'm a professional ssb64 player.

Quite a few random ppl who don't know advanced techs show up, but a decent amount of players who do show up as well. In any case, if CunningKitsune, Iggy, NJzFinest and Kirkq play, I wouldn't expect to win any money back...:p

Top Bottom