• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB "OverDrive" Final Clean Version Release - (8-7-2011)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Newest Riivolution is a Homebrew app.
Is all about putting all the files in the right folder (the same way than Gecko, but in a different order).

Look for the Riivolution thread here on SWF.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZG3IF0c9D0
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHVGGmEAGmE
Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKmizrxk8ug

Uploaded 3 matches of me vs my brother in SSBB:O

I really like it, it's fun to play and I feel it's competitive as well :)

Things I belived you should do:

Nerf meta knight. To me personally, MK is alittle even more broken in this than in vbrawl, fortunately the other characters are better to. Still though, a broken mk is no fun :-/

Fix the Icons.

that's all for now :)

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Thanks for the video's, i really like that last video it shows how fast the game could be. Could be faster, but you did great. Thank you for getting the video's out so fast.

i would like to ask if you would make an

Fox only
No Items
Melee Final Destination

XD

-

So think i should release it how it is, or with the minor fix's?

Also i don't really know how to nerf Meta-Knight really, after hearing some of the stories about trying to nerf it kinda scares me away. LOL

Besides, i said i wasn't going to nerf anyone, all nerf done in this mod was done by the physics changes in the game. But if i could what could be nerf without it being a game changer?

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Lol yeah, It was my first time playing with ganon & wolf :p Not snake, but even then I play vbrawl most so making the transition & being good with it is hard x.x

Lol I can do that, but my brother sucks with fox (so do I) & I don't know which one is melee destination since all the icons are mixed up ^^;

As for the meta thing I'm not to sure, I think slowing down his speed in which he can make a move would be helpful maybe. & weaken his kill moves (or knockback of them) alittle bit, just my opinon :)

Once you get all the icons in the correct order I think you should release the final one :)

:phone:

KingClubber

Smash Ace
What do you mean by get the icons in the correct order? Once everything is loaded onto the SD card it should work fine.

My guess is that your talking about the stage icons, but that mean your not using the correct files, because it only does that if your using different files from whats in the download. Don't know why it does that, but it does.

The SSS should look like this

-

The CSS should look like this

I really don't want to punish Metaknight players for picking him, so i don't think i should Nerf him. But there are three attacks i think i can get away with, without anyone complaining to much so i'll do that. I mean most of the characters are greatly improved now, even Ganon an bottom tier has jump high enough to be able to clash with top tier characters.

Utterrandomness

Smash Apprentice
I am really interested in trying this mod! If my friends will cooperate, I can get some matches recorded. No, we're not great players, but I'd liek to think that we could give the game a good go! :)

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Would greatly appreciate it. I've been trying hard to get this project of the ground but i can't seem to catch anyone interest.

I'm going to be updating this tonight, this would be the final Clean version unless i get new codes.

-

Also after going back and reading some of my older post i decided that i don't want to go back on my word so i wont be nerf'ing metaknight. This is project wasn't about balance, but increasing the over all speed, fun, and game play of brawl. Which i have now done. If someone can't have fun playing this mod, i will lick the bottom of my running shoes. Anyone who loves playing smash in all it's versions would love this mod.

I'm going to post two different versions one with the map pack, and and one without. They both will have gct's for both gecko, and Rii inside.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Here's The Final "Clean Version" of OverDrive

SSBB OverDrive v.6 (With Map Pack).zip - 83.MB

SSBB OverDrive v.6.zip - 4.MB

Both come with an gecko gct, and an Rii gct inside. You'll have to set up the Rii yourself since i don't have any idea how it works.

Final "Clean Version" Change list -

- All attack animation have less or no lag (Landing lag is the same)
- Hit stun increased for better combo's (Trying to find a prefect fit between
64 and Melee)
- Faster falling speed
- Very Slightly increased running speed
- Character sizes -0.1
- Weight -25
- Momentum capture
- Old L-Cancel Code (Wanting a 64 version of this code)
- No Body Collisions (Even when thrown)
- Slower Shield Recharge
- Jab Lock Fixed
- No Footstooling
- Auto Jab Removed
- Walljump height does not decrement
- Dodging and Air Dodge are 1.5 faster
- Can Special Cancel From Place Dodge after invincibility frames end
- Ledge Cancel
- Gravity increased by 1.3.5

-

There are a few things missing that i wanted in this version but the codes weren't available, or so poorly made.

Like "Swim Less Water", and the "L-Cancel (Smash64 version)"

Now that the Clean version is completed i'm going to add a few changes to the characters from here out, if you have any suggestions feel free to post them, but it wont be certain that you idea will be used. Keep in mind that No animation changes will be done so any requiring that will be ignored.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If you mean to have water that you cannot swim in, you can alter the water level on Jungle Japes by altering the STDT(MiscData[20]) and on Pirate Ship, you can find the water model and move the Swim or w/e its named bone down. Unsure on how to modify Delphino Plaza's water.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
There is a code for editing Pirate Ship's water, but that's it. You have to edit the water model's bones / STDT to lower the swimming point until you cant reach it in game. IE: Put the swimming point under the death boundary.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
There is a code for editing Pirate Ship's water, but that's it. You have to edit the water model's bones / STDT to lower the swimming point until you cant reach it in game. IE: Put the swimming point under the death boundary.
But then Metaknight could still swim :troll:

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Going to record some matches for the clean version :) Now that my SSS icons are in order you want a few matches of custom stages to be recorded?

KingClubber

Smash Ace
It's up to you, im just thankful for the videos, I'm trying to get more people to try this out. But i think unless OD is posted on smashmods, it won't get noticed. I'm going to try to contact the administrator there again. I might get an reply back this time, maybe.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Hey, I have some suggestions for you, tried to post it a few times on here already but it failed so I hope it works this time.

Give Ness DJC back (Yoshi too), speed up everything in his PK Flash a bit, and maybe let him release it a bit earlier and/or lower, it seems kind of odd how that giant explosion can't hit somebody standing right next to him.

Nerf Metaknight. He can still be the best, but don't make him stupid. He can combo in and out of nado and his gimping ability is ****ing ridiculous.

Give Falcon Melee Knee back. Sure you had this planned already though.

Give Fox Jump Cancel shine and maybe G&W like Downthrow. You also might want to know that he has a hilarious Fthrow chaingrab to shine spike gimp. It'd be really cool if only he had the hybrid air dodge like in Brawl- too.

Pokemon Trainer needs infinite stamina and hold down shoulder button to switch like Brawl+.

Lucario should have his Extremespeed ported from Brawl+, maybe nerfed a little if it ends of overwhelming, which it probably won't.

That's all I remember for now.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Give Ness DJC back (Yoshi too), speed up everything in his PK Flash a bit, and maybe let him release it a bit earlier and/or lower, it seems kind of odd how that giant explosion can't hit somebody standing right next to him.
DJC into aerials right? Not to sure how DJC works. Sounds easy enough though.

Nerf Metaknight. He can still be the best, but don't make him stupid. He can combo in and out of nado and his gimping ability is ****ing ridiculous.
Let's just leave him alone, i wont be touching him, if Meta knight is the best let him be the best. I rather work on character that need work to reach his level Metaknight isn't unbeatable.

Give Falcon Melee Knee back. Sure you had this planned already though.
im guessing this mean more knock back, more similar to melee right?

Give Fox Jump Cancel shine and maybe G&W like Downthrow. You also might want to know that he has a hilarious Fthrow chaingrab to shine spike gimp. It'd be really cool if only he had the hybrid air dodge like in Brawl- too.
The Shine jump cancel has been done already, the chain throwing stuff for all characters is to shut the whining of characters that do have chain throws, because now nearly everyone does.

I not going to bother with wavedashing unless i can get it to work for everyone the way i want it to, and that not possible at the moment it seems.

Pokemon Trainer needs infinite stamina and hold down shoulder button to switch like Brawl+.
Infinite Stamina has been added already into the clean version, im not to sure about that switch code though. If there was an code that kinda worked like Zelda/Sheik that would force the no switch i would use that, but there no code for that either.

Lucario should have his Extremespeed ported from Brawl+, maybe nerfed a little if it ends of overwhelming, which it probably won't.
Are you talking about his up-b? if so your talking about adding an hitbox to it right? Not to hard to do.

- -

If anyone else have any ideas or suggestions feel free to post them, as long as its not impossible or would take tons of coding or an change to an animation i might do it.

So far this is what i've done. which is very little right now. lol

Fox - Shine Jump Cancel

Falco - Shine has then sped up to nearly twice it's original speed, and the knock back has been double making it less useable now.

Sonic - Has more changes

1 - Double tap Homing attack is nearly instant.
2 - Can aerial cancel the spring (Similar to Brawl-)
3 - Can Special Cancel Spin Dash Roll.
4 - Homing Attack is half it's curve

I'm not trying to make characters Over Powered, just make more options for them.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
DJC into aerials right? Not to sure how DJC works. Sounds easy enough though.
You cancel your Double Jump momentum when you do an aerial. Just look at the PM Lucas pac / code.

Let's just leave him alone, i wont be touching him, if Meta knight is the best let him be the best. I rather work on character that need work to reach his level Metaknight isn't unbeatable.
I said that it's alright to be the best as long as he's not completely overpowered. He's quite minusly under these physics imo I think the nado should be tweaked at the very least kind of like DDD's Dthrow tweak, but I guess that's not the direction this project is going towards.

im guessing this mean more knock back, more similar to melee right?
No, I meant less start-up time and a longer lasting sweet spot.

The Shine jump cancel has been done already, the chain throwing stuff for all characters is to shut the whining of characters that do have chain throws, because now nearly everyone does.
I wasn't against it. I just thought that it looked really funny.

I not going to bother with wavedashing unless i can get it to work for everyone the way i want it to, and that not possible at the moment it seems.
I suddenly realized how silly of an idea it was to only give Fox hybrid air dodge...

Infinite Stamina has been added already into the clean version, im not to sure about that switch code though. If there was an code that kinda worked like Zelda/Sheik that would force the no switch i would use that, but there no code for that either.
Huh? Can't you just take the no switch on death from Brawl+?

Are you talking about his up-b? if so your talking about adding an hitbox to it right? Not to hard to do.
Yup, that and he doesn't go into special fall, and and grounded one lets use a second Extremespeed. I think there was something else to and I'd look at it but I don't know how to do the .pac stuff:urg:

This is a pretty cool mod, most of the characters feel amazingly fluid in this one (omg Wolf) even without any additional tweaks, and not slow Ganon is awesome.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Thanks again for the videos Professor. Download count is still pretty low, but thanks for the support.

I don't know if people just don't care for brawl mods any more, or is it something wrong with the project since no one really says anything about it.

Maybe, if someone would give an honest opinion, and advice i could fix it but no one is really saying anything.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
It's pretty fun. Most people of course are just looking forward to P:M though. Smash Mods aren't to popular anymore :-/

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I'd record but I don't have a capture card, maybe if I get one I'll upload some vids, but it'll probably take a few weeks at the very least.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Meh, I was planning on getting one for a while and I just need a reason to get off my lazy butt. Probably gonna give Overdrive to my Melee player friend to get comfortable with then record.

Utterrandomness

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, although we were trying to play well, we made a lot of mistakes at times, making our playstyle look clownish. So unfortunately, you won't want to have too high expectations of the videos :urg:

KingClubber

Smash Ace
@Utterrandomness - Thats fine, sorry for the late reply. I'm kinda giving OverDrive a break.

Anyway i've been thinking that the only things that need editing are the special attacks now, so sorry Jackpot some of the things you've requested aren't going to be done, but i might to the DJC if i can figure it out. But also your right editing Meta's Nado will be done, and pretty easily too which will only change how the works but not how it operates.

So ideas for edits on special attacks are welcomed. Nothing to broken mind you just something that would give these characters an edge to fight with.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
@Clubber: lol yeah, he enjoys playing though so it's all good, glad I can play some smash with him lol :p We went to game 3 though in a MK vs Wolf battle, epic stuff :)

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Oh, I'm going to a smashfest today, hopefully i can get every1 to play ssbb-o :) wish me luck lolz.

Top Bottom