• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB "OverDrive" Final Clean Version Release - (8-7-2011)

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
Just tried this mod, having a surprising amount of fun with it! I'll convince some friends to try it out, and hopefully I can make some gameplay videos, seeing as there really aren't any D:

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Finally someone speaks!!

I'm glad you like it, if you have any suggestions on improving it, with making making a total change for character please post them.

If you can get videos up, thank you i have no way of getting them myself.

Also hows the hit-stun? i'm still trying to find a prefect balance for it, i think it might need to be a inch higher.

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
Haha, that project M is killing you, huh? I don't see why, this mod i quite fun to play. Love how the characters are small, makes them feel like the toys they really are.

The hitstun could be a tad higher.

Also, you might want to re-release the demo with less stages, as some stages freeze the wii. Happened to me and two other friends I got playing, we had to just stick to final destination and battlefield for fear of freezing.

Little suggestion for Ganon: At the very least, make his down B faster and farther distance. As is, it's pretty useless imo.

Gonna try a little more tonight, so I can give more feedback later. Loving mario though :p

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Okay, ill raise the hit-stun a bit more

Theres a new release for the stage pack, ill test it out and see if it's any better. If not i'll just remove them for now.

For Ganon's Down-B i can make it faster, but that's going to happen in a different version, right now im working on universal changes that effects everything but the special attacks which is the clean version no added tricks.

The other version will have edits to characters special attacks that i think will help with help them work better, as you said ganon down-b needs to be faster. But Fox need to be able to jump cancel his shine, give me some time i'll get to it. I'm just pacing myself because i want to finish the clean version first before i work on the other one.

I think i'll rename these versions Light, and Dark. I don't want to call it the dirty version. LOL

For the distance im sorry to say my animation skills are zero, while this is not a huge problem seeing as what you want is so simple i could do it, but im not planning on touching the animations.

Have fun, which was the point of the mod in the first place while adding a competitive flare to it, and yes Mario is awesome in Overdrive quick lil ******* isn't he.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Double teamed. x_X

@Toaster
I tried the momentum thing before but i couldn't tell the difference, I'll try it again with more momentum this time.

@Unit
I know at least that much sorry if it sounded that way, i just decided not to touch the animations it will save me a lot of time.

And Thanks Ghost, your one of the few only positive responses i've gotten in a while.

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
Haha no problem. I just finished making a wifi friendly version of overdrive and gave it to 5 of my pals, so hopefully there can be some good gameplay soon.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I love it KingClubber! Good job om this! Also I plan on uploading some videos of it on youtube if you want :) gonna play my bro!

:phone:

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Thanks for the stream, i just finished watching it, sorry i missed it was pretty busy at the time.

Try to get someone to play with next time, Cpu's in Overdrive and be a hassle to play against.

i'll make a new download without all those stages so that the game works better, and so people can play online with it.

Edit:

LOL, ninja'd

thanks again.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I'll play and upload some more vids tommorow :) atm i'm liking snake, falco, ganondorf, and mario. To bad I never got to play 64 competitively so i wouldn't know how to perform their combos :-/ I did pull off some cool ish w/ snake though :p

:phone:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
K, from what I've seen in the video, hitstun is fine, and offstage game seemed useless (least for DDD is). That kind of bugs me, but I won't make an statement until I actually play it... which will be... whenever I gather people to do so...

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Anything you could do in vBrawl, you can do in OD. It's just faster every change was universal so the Brawl tier list likely still works here, with little change.

So off stage game should work the same as in brawl with slightly more falling speed, and a more restricted ledge game.

It won't be until i release the "Dark" Version which will have some changes to the special attacks, that with change the game a bit, unless they really don't need it like Metaknight.

If you have anymore concerns, or questions i will be willing to answer to them.

bleyva

Smash Ace
any particular reason for some of the size discrepancies? characters like falcon snake and samus seem really huge for some reason

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Super Smash Brothers (64) - Hit stun

Melee - Physics (No Melee Air Dodge, Ledge Cancel, or Crouch Cancel)

Brawl - Fighting Mechanics (With ever slight changes due to physics)

I've finally pulled it off, there's still somethings i need to fix. A few characters gravity need to be readjusted like Sonic, and King Dedede.

I update the map pack, and removed that code that make the game freeze when returning to the title page. So the game shouldn't freeze now, but there's an glitch on one of the stage, but nothing that will freeze the game.

The Clean Version is now 98% complete. Should be 100% by the end of the week.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Yeah, im not adding those codes ledge stalling will become pointless in the next update so don't worry. If there an code to make it so that you can't swim, I could use that if not to bad.

The reason for not giving the code text out is so that no changes can be make to the game when it' finally finished, so that there won't be any chance that this mod will un-sync online. If i could i would make it so that the files couldn't be edited either. :p

SonioNineteen

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, im not adding those codes ledge stalling will become pointless in the next update so don't worry. If there an code to make it so that you can't swim, I could use that if not to bad.

The reason for not giving the code text out is so that no changes can be make to the game when it' finally finished, so that there won't be any chance that this mod will un-sync online. If i could i would make it so that the files couldn't be edited either. :p
Ahh, alright I understand, thanks for the quick reply

btw awesome project can't wait till it's finished. :)

Keep up the good work.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
The only 2 files I got out of the .zip was the private and codes so no boot.elf. When I attempt to load it up it says it can't because of the lack of boot.elf. Is this just an unzipping error or am I missing something?

KingClubber

Smash Ace
LOL, sorry i didn't include that because everyone pretty much has it from all the other brawl mods already.

Just use the 1 from project m, or brawl minus. It should work the same.

I'll be sure to add it in the next update for sure. And an Revolution .gct as well. I don't know how to set up Revolution though.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
LOL, sorry i didn't include that because everyone pretty much has it from all the other brawl mods already.

Just use the 1 from project m, or brawl minus. It should work the same.

I'll be sure to add it in the next update for sure. And an Revolution .gct as well. I don't know how to set up Revolution though.
Haha I had intentions of trying that out anyway. Thanks.

EDIT: Yeah it read but this time it said "Error: Too many lines of code" or something along those lines. The game loaded up to only be regular ol' Vanilla Brawl.

Top Bottom