• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB: New Technique? DSSRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxHolyxxWolfsbanexx

Smash Rookie
Hey SmashBoards. This is xxHolyxxWolfsbanexx. This is my first time EVER posting a thread. If you think that I need improvement, just say it. Don't be afraid. i need a liitle more constructive critism. Okay, moving on.

I'm a Pit player now, so I'm pretty familiar with his moveset having played with him before. Today(1/19/09), while waiting for a friend in a Wi-Fi waiting room, i decided to practice my Pit. While practicing his moves, I dashed forward, sheilded for a split-second, and then smashed the control stick in the opposite direction in which I dashed from. I didn't get a chance to use this on my friend during our brawls, ut I did have the opportunity to test it out on several CPUs.

I set-up 2 controllers, and then chose pit and marth. I was easily able to do it with Pit. i ahd more of a challenge with Marth. Also, I tried out the Wii Remote Held Sideways and with the Wii Classic Controller. It was harder becasue:
1) The Wii remote Held sidways has no controll stcik. in addition to the lack of a controll stick, the B-Button(used to sheild,etc.) is DIRECTLY under the D-Pad. This makes it harder to perform the DSSRR. Also, unless you're good with the Wii Classic remote, you can't really perform the technique either. You might end up jumping more the dashing than sheilding,etc.

HOW TO PERFORM

Okay, first off, DSSRR stands for Dashing, Split-Second Sheilding, Reverse-Roll.
To perform, start off with the controller that you feel most confortable with. For me, the GameCube controller. Here goes:

1) Dash of in the direction of your choice.

2) At the end of your dash, IMMEDIATELY press and hold L/R for second. During this, if you are attacked while sheilding at any time during that split-second(LMAO?), you CAN perfect sheild any attacks that you recieve. This, or you can just sheild it instead. Either way, thats a pretty good deal.

3) Okay, now heres the final part. While you press and hold R/L for a second, immediately smash the control stick in the direction from which you initially started the dash. For example, smash to the left if you came from the right, and vice-versa. This will then enable you to perform a backwards roll(reverse roll).

There, all done. Or are we?

USES

When i mentioned that I tried it out on a few CPU opponents, I realized the possibilities of this technique. It can be used for mind-games. For example, you can DSSRR at an opponent. If your opponent is charging a smash attack, and you reverse roll as soon as she/he releases it, you canmess them up. Also, its good for false approaches, such as faking an encounter and an attack. Over use of the DSSRR isn't good, as it will probaly cause you and your true strategy(ies) to become known.

REFERENCE/EXTRA REFERENCE

I have a YouTube account, actually two, one serving as a back up. They are listed as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/user/xxHolyxxWolfsbanexx

http://www.youtube.com/user/Danryu95

I also have a Capture card with excellent quality, but I am still unable to record an actually video because I am missing three RCA Y Adapters. I did record a replay, but the sound is out of synch. I apologize for that, and because I don't have any ovie maker/video editor program on my iMac that I can use to show you how to use the DSSRR. I promise to uploada better, and maybe even more videos on the DSSRR in the near future.

The link to my bideos are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeBNaLqfqf8&feature=channel_page

IF YOU NEED ANY FUTHER INFORMATION OR HELP WITH THE DSSRR OR ANYTHING ELSO,PLEASE CONTACT ME HERE AT SMASHBOARDS OR AT MY MAIN YOUTUBE ACCOUNT, XXHOLYXXWOLFSBANEXX. Thank you, and don't forget, have fun Smashing!!!!!

To me, this is just another basic of brawl one should already know. Like spotdodging, teching, fastfalling, etc. This is just another application frpm when you dash a shield( just one that is not used often). From dashing a shield you can shieldgrab, spotdodge, OoS attack, or roll. Just rolling is not really a widely used.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
He could've lagged, pressed the button again, and it posted twice. Honest mistake, happens a lot by a lot of people.

Now then, this guy is either a really poor troll, or an innocent noob, let's not be to harsh here, in case it is the latter.
I was thinking that too but then I saw something. The icon changed from 1 to the other. Now thats a an issue. That means he must have reposted it. Although he could have thought the first one failed and tried reposting it, he couldn't have double clicked.

xxHolyxxWolfsbanexx

Smash Rookie
Hey, Smart ***, i've got some breaking news for you. I'm new to this, so I don't fully know how to post. I realized my own mistake, but right know I don't give a **** about constructive critism right know. If you think you know it all, go **** so that others can actually learn some useful ****, okay?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Hey, Smart ***, i've got some breaking news for you. I'm new to this, so I don't fully know how to post. I realized my own mistake, but right know I don't give a **** about constructive critism right know. If you think you know it all, go **** so that others can actually learn some useful ****, okay?
Wow you've proven you're the troll variety.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hey dumb ****. We figured you were knew to this, you made a great post on a stupid subject.

It's a basic of Smash. We've been doing this since Super Smash Bros. 64. More then 7 years ago

We've known this for more then 7 years. And you're trying to tell us its new?

Do research on your subject, if you find something actually new, or something that has no thread already dedicated to it then let us know.

Welcome to SWF, and while you may be new. That doesn't mean you're not trolling right now. If you know how forums work, the response I quoted is screaming "troll in the making", so cool down, alright?

No ones against you, although we may have said this was known a tad rudely, but if you've lurked here. You would realize why.

We have to put up with **** thats been known for months, sometimes years, and people think its new. We have to tell them its not, blah blah blah, it happens against next week.

We get sick of it.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Did you guys know you can use the A button to attack.
Im naming this technique "The Attack" or the TA.

APPLICATION: You can use it to damage the opponent.

****S INTENSE SON

SuSa

Reported. You really need to leave.
I really do think he just made an honest mistake, then when he started getting made fun of he got pissed. He left me a profile message, seemed calmed down a bit.

Just give him an infraction and let him stay, if he messes up this badly again we can get rid of him. But we shouldn't just go banhammer crazy.

Did you guys know you can use the A button to attack.
Im naming this technique "The Attack" or the TA.

APPLICATION: You can use it to damage the opponent.

****S INTENSE SON
See, this is why he's getting pissed.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I really do think he just made an honest mistake, then when he started getting made fun of he got pissed. He left me a profile message, seemed calmed down a bit.

Just give him an infraction and let him stay, if he messes up this badly again we can get rid of him. But we shouldn't just go banhammer crazy.

See, this is why he's getting pissed.
All fun n games.
Just a forum no need to blow up lol.

SuSa

Lol, Havokk I didn't recognize you with that new avatar :laugh:
Argh, forgetting to put {Havokk still, new Avvy} at the end of my posts... all well :p people will figure it out.

I have a crush on Marta. so RAWR. She's my new avvy.

Was getting sick of the old one xD

All fun n games.
Just a forum no need to blow up lol.
Haha, I know this. He doesn't, he got pissed, went off, and will (most likely) get an infraction, and if he gets banned I'll feel bad.

We had a short (lol 3 message) convo via the messages thing (not PM's), doesn't seem like a troll.

Or I'm being epicly mindgamed by a troll.

I'll find out soon.

EDIT:

@illinialex (get an easier to spell name D:)

Hehe, thanks :) although I really don't care for my post count. Quality, not quantity ;)

/even if I do have a lot of spam <_>.....

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Haha, I know this. He doesn't, he got pissed, went off, and will (most likely) get an infraction, and if he gets banned I'll feel bad.

We had a short (lol 3 message) convo via the messages thing (not PM's), doesn't seem like a troll.

Or I'm being epicly mindgamed by a troll.

I'll find out soon.

EDIT:

@illinialex (get an easier to spell name D:)

Hehe, thanks :) although I really don't care for my post count. Quality, not quantity ;)

/even if I do have a lot of spam <_>.....
Lol, epicly mindgame would be funny. I'm a very good troll but I don't troll on SWF. Its my favorite site, but I troll IGN lol.

And its quality, and I have the same issue as well :)

SuSa

Lol, epicly mindgame would be funny. I'm a very good troll but I don't troll on SWF. Its my favorite site, but I troll IGN lol.

And its quality, and I have the same issue as well :)
We're spamming right now. :laugh:

Oh, I can be an epic troll. I troll so well, they don't even realize I'm trolling until I tell them I'm trolling.

'dey see me troll'n. 'dey hat'n.

SWF is alright, a lot of the (yes, 08 joiners...) follow the stereotype. I can only hope the 09'rs are "better"....

I'm a longtime lurker /04/ but only joined for 1 post, then got addicted. :laugh:

/1 more post. I should throw a party xD

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I find it funny that the people who are all "He'll just get an infraction" and "The mods will ban him!" are the ones being infracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom