• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 on Virtual Console?

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
It's pretty surprising to me that they didn't throw it there around the release time of Brawl, they could have make some quick BUXXX off the overflowing hype surrounding it. I mean, how many people probably bought Ocarina of Time after getting Twilight Princess? An online capability in VC ssb64 would likely be way too much to ask, but even if just a P2P friend-code-esque option ever happens, I'm going to be so f-ing happy...

Shaeknbaek

Smash Rookie
It's pretty surprising to me that they didn't throw it there around the release time of Brawl, they could have make some quick BUXXX off the overflowing hype surrounding it. I mean, how many people probably bought Ocarina of Time after getting Twilight Princess? An online capability in VC ssb64 would likely be way too much to ask, but even if just a P2P friend-code-esque option ever happens, I'm going to be so f-ing happy...
that WOULD be cool though, if it was on virtual console. i pay it on the emulator Project64k, and it does phenomenal, but i would definitely get a wii if that were to happen. oh yeah, i realize the post date, so i'm sorry about the bumping. i just wanted to test out my signature.

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
I played on the Wii just recently. Its easy to get used to, but not the same of course. The z canceling is the left toggle and throwing is the z button on the gamecube controller. I did notice it moves VERY smoothly and the image is so clear. I'll be getting this as well, though I wish there was a way you can play online through the wii

MysteryT

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it is funny how the images render very smoothly on the Wii, versus the more blurry rendering on the N64. One other thing I notice is, as a match is over, when the winners are announced the character sprites have a delay before appearing.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
that WOULD be cool though, if it was on virtual console. i pay it on the emulator Project64k, and it does phenomenal, but i would definitely get a wii if that were to happen. oh yeah, i realize the post date, so i'm sorry about the bumping. i just wanted to test out my signature.

Why would you spend $220++ to buy a single player game you already play for free online. I just don't get it.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I played this game on the Wii, its hard to get use to when your only use to playing it on N64 with the good old N64 controller

Jarxo

Smash Rookie
Kind of pointless to release it if you can just get the ROM these days.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
I played on the Wii just recently. Its easy to get used to, but not the same of course. The z canceling is the left toggle and throwing is the z button on the gamecube controller. I did notice it moves VERY smoothly and the image is so clear. I'll be getting this as well, though I wish there was a way you can play online through the wii
So Z cancelling is now l canceling, eh?

Top Bottom