• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigglytuff ★

Smash Cadet
Let's assume for the sake of argument that "four cuts, no more no less" is what we're looking at. Breaking that down, and assuming that losing PKMN trainer is one cut, you can pick 3 from the following:

Capt. Falcon (I'd be really surprised)
Diddy Kong (Not likely)
Falco (Not terribly likely)
Game & Watch (I'd be surprised)
Ganondorf (possible, character is popular BUT they're never figures out what to do with him)
Ice Climbers (I wouldn't rule it out)
Ike (real chance of being dumped for a newer FE character)
Jigglypuff (I would be v. disappointed)
Lucas (possibility...he doesn't reeeally play like Ness, but aesthetic similarities + unpopular franchise=?)
Meta Knight (I wish, but more likely they're still working on balancing him)
Ness (I'd hate to see an original fighter go)
R.O.B. (a real possibility)
Snake (a real possibility, much as I like him)
Wario (a man can dream, right?)
Wolf (real possibility, the Star Fox characters right now are just variations on a theme, really)

My heart wants to drop MK, Wario, and Wolf. Head says Wolf, Ike, Snake. Paranoia says Jigglypuff.

(again, assuming any of this is true...)

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Sal leak doesn't specify any cuts.

Any reason why people are combining the two of them?

Shroob

Sup?
Let's assume for the sake of argument that "four cuts, no more no less" is what we're looking at. Breaking that down, and assuming that losing PKMN trainer is one cut, you can pick 3 from the following:

Diddy Kong (Not likely)
Ganondorf (possible, character is popular BUT they're never figures out what to do with him)
Lucas (possibility...he doesn't reeeally play like Ness, but aesthetic similarities + unpopular franchise=?)
Wolf (real possibility, the Star Fox characters right now are just variations on a theme, really)

My heart wants to drop MK, Wario, and Wolf. Head says Wolf, Ike, Snake.

....But Diddy Kong is confirmed?

xxTailsxx

Smash Cadet
In the direct while sakurai was showing off custom moves, kirbys neutral special had him spit ice/snow like ice climbers down special. Ice climbers confirmed?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

if you take both the Sal leaks and now COUNT Ivysaur and Squirtle as 2 cuts (and with sheik and zero suit samus counting for separate characters now it makes sense to count ivysaur and squirtle as two separate cuts) AND cut Snake...add in ALL the characters Sal has said are in you get 48(which is how many the MK8 leaker said were in with 4 cuts)...so one more cut and one more newcomer(or mewtwo or whoever) means these two highly credible leakers add up together.

thats why they are being combined, credibility and the fact it works.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Probably because both leaks are from 'credible' people and they seem to coincide with each other.

Sal leak has 11 newcomers, 12 if you could Rosalina.

MK8 leak has 48 characters and 4 cuts, but everyone else returning from Brawl.

Someone in the thread did the math, and adding that up, that'd be 47 characters, with one hidden character, maybe Mewtwo, since Sal doesn't talk about Veterans and stand alone Charizard was classified as a Veteran.

Edit: Greninja'd

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think the 4 cuts are probably Squirtle, Ivysaur, Wolf and Snake. If Squirtle and Ivysaur count for 1 then Lucas aswell.

Shroob

Sup?
I think the 4 cuts are probably Squirtle, Ivysaur, Wolf and Snake. If Squirtle and Ivysaur count for 1 then Lucas aswell.
That's honestly something I'd love to hear Sakurai bring up in a PotD. Once he talks about Charizard how he mentions Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm not too sure how the MK8 person is credible but whatever. I can sorta see the connection you guys want to make.

Probably going to be Ike, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Wolf in my opinion. I really don't see Snake getting cut.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Diddy Kong (Not likely)

My heart wants to drop MK, Wario, and Wolf. Head says Wolf, Ike, Snake.

Fairly sure Ivysaur and Squirtle would count as two cuts. Other than that I'm going to say Jigglypuff and Lucas, as dissapointing that is Greninja left the Pokémon franchise in a very bad spot for this game, unless they can somehow manage to squeeze in 6 of them. And Lucas, well, he's been my top cut since Toon Link's confirmation. Looking at how bonkers Sakurai is with the rosters this time around, Snake could be cut instead, sad as that is.

Also, with Greninja's reveal I'm fairly certain the Gematsu leak is the real deal. Not that I care much anymore anyways.

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why everyone is expecting Ike to leave and not Lucas. Sure Ike replaced Roy but that does not a pattern make. Roy was a semi-clone plain and simple. Ike has a very unique move set and has 2 games under his belt. Lucas has 1 game and is a semi-clone more or less. I'm not saying Lucas or Ike will be cut but if it came down to it, Ike would clearly be on top. I can't bring you evidence that Ike will not be cut, but my gut is so strong on this one it's crazy. I would bet money that Ike stays

Shroob

Sup?
Fairly sure Ivysaur and Squirtle would count as two cuts. Other than that I'm going to say Jigglypuff and Lucas, as dissapointing that is Greninja left the Pokémon franchise in a very bad spot for this game, unless they can somehow manage to squeeze in 6 of them. And Lucas, well, he's been my top cut since Toon Link's confirmation. Looking at how bonkers Sakurai is with the rosters this time around, Snake could be cut instead, sad as that is.

Also, with Greninja's reveal I'm fairly certain the Gematsu leak is the real deal. Not that I care much anymore anyways.
Well, to be fair, at the minute, if Jigglypuff is added, that's only 5 Pokemon reps. Mewtwo isn't confirmed at all yet. He's likely, but he's not confirmed.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery

Maybe..maybe not i still think it's farfetched

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
A friend of mine wants the link to the guy's leak that claims the chorus men and Shulk are in.
If anyone could link it to me, that would be awesome. :bee:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)
Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario)
Villager (Animal Crossing)
Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit)

Rumored:
Choir Men (Rhythm Heaven)
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

This could very well be the newcomer list guys. If it is, then what do you guys think of it?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The ONE thing about Sal I have to wonder is why he never foresaw Rosalina. Perhaps there was a gap as to when he got his two sets of information and by that time Rosalina was already revealed, but it has always struck me as odd.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Rumored:
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

This could very well be the newcomer list guys. If it is, then what do you guys think of it?
As long as Palutena is in, I'm good.

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Rumored:
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

I'm iffy on the Choir Men or Mii fitting in, but would be willing to give them a chance.

Provided that everyone from Brawl at least returns (bar PKMN trainer at this point) I would be more than happy with these newcomers. Shulk in particular would be interesting.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Rumored:
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

I want K Rool instead of Chorus Men, but other than that, I'm good.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Rumored:
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

I want K. Rool badly especially since Sakurai is not shying away from the Kremlings, but if I can have Shulk and Palutena, along with the amazingi newcomers we currently have, I don't even care!

Shroob

Sup?
As for my opinion on the roster, dislike Miis but like everything else, even Choir Men. Rhythm Heaven I feel is fairly deserving of a rep, and if you wanted a "WTF" character, you got one there.

I scratch my head when people say these choice aren't fan favorites:

Villager: People have wanted an Animal Crossing rep since Brawl, and when he said "No." people for the most part gave up.
Little Mac: Need I say more?
Palutena: Another fan favorite with huge support backing her.
Shulk: Again, another fan favorite.
Rosalina: Maybe not the Mario rep people wanted, but it's a new Mario character who's not a clone of Mario.
Mega Man: Again, need I say more?
Greninja: People complained when they thought they weren't getting a 6th gen rep, and now they complain when they get one?
Chrom: Awakening was the best selling Fire Emblem game, period.

Sure, Wii Fit Trainer, Miis and Choir Men probably don't appeal to as many people as say, "MAH RIDLEY", but do remember that Smash isn't just about appeasing the fans... It's also Nintendo's most ingenious marketing strategy.

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Rumored:
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

Other than Choir Men and Mii, this list is pretty acceptable. Plus if there is the opportunity that there are characters the guy doesn't know of, then that make this better.

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Rumored:
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

I think "At least I got Mega Man and Little Mac." Chrom, Palutena, and Shulk are good too.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Rumored:
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

Eight new series represented? How could anyone be unhappy with that?

Oh, that's right - people would rather play an obscure character from an already represented series.

Personally, I'd be happy. There are a few characters I think Sakurai has been overlooking for a while, but still, pretty cool. Not a huge fan of Pac-Man, to be honest.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
As I said before, I would be confused as to why there was no Ridley, DK rep, or Takamaru. They seemed a-shooin'. Otherwise, it makes sense and is totally acceptable. I love the unforeseen characters.
But I do hope that our prediction is off by at least one or two characters, just because I like surprises.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
As I said before, I would be confused as to why there was no Ridley, DK rep, or Takamaru. They seemed a-shooin'. Otherwise, it makes sense and is totally acceptable. I love the unforeseen characters.
But I do hope that our prediction is off by at least one or two characters, just because I like surprises.
Like I've said, it sure would be nice if a certain DK character was the one they were off by, just so we don't have to feel totally horrible about our prediction skills for popular characters.

I just love the list otherwise. Choir Dudes is the perfect Sm4sh G&W + ROB.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Rumored:
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

I'm ok with it, got little mac and most of brawl back with another sweet 3rd party rep; megaman, and that is literally all I was hoping for.

I compiled it all into a roster a few pages back when I realized the "numbers" could line up for the Sal Leak and the MK8 leak if you counted ivysaur and squirtle as 2 "cuts" and then cutting snake... so if this turns out to be true I'm proud of that haha

now we are debating who that 4th cut should be... If we go with cutting Ike and adding back in mewtwo, none of the series lose their "number of reps" from brawl, which I like...but then we lose Ike and I'd rather lose wolf personally...but this is about compiling leaks and predictions based on logic so here's what that roster looks like cutting Ike and adding Mewtwo:

Again I'm not mad at it...I wanted Ridley, Lip, Isaac, and Takamaru but overall this isn't a bad Roster, I'd be much less disappointed than I was with Brawls (of course I had my hopes way too high for that roster) This is closer to the Brawl Roster I wanted.

I know the community (and myself) would still want Dixie, K Rool, Ridley, Isaac etc... so maybe DLC or a future Smash bros title can remedy this... like how street fighter gets more advanced versions of the same game or something...that "smash 6" recruitment rumor could mean something like that I suppose. Anyway this isnt absolutely certain yet so this isn't exactly a nail in the coffin for all of these possible newcomers...though I do think this is likely CLOSE to the roster we'll get.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Am I the only one that thinks Choir Men in 2D is sorta cute, but seeing them in 3D would be slightly terrifying?

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
the interesting with the two sal leaks is the amount of modern day newcomers

i remember sakurai complaining about the lack of new ips for nintendo when he revealed all star mode during the days of the brawl dojo.

between then and now his wish has been fulfilled

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Actually im fine with all of those newcomers, even the chorus men. I love rhythm heaven, so im interested to know how they will play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom