• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzakuseiō

Smash Cadet
NNID
antwonathon
3DS FC
1263-6431-1178
I'm honestly in super hype mode from the Namco item leak. The retro love is beautiful. I was really hoping that Galaga would get some representation. I'm jonesing for a Pac-Man reveal now. The screams of horror from haters will be well worth it.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I think picking up the flag summons the Galaga fighters. Just my theory on the matter. I can't imagine there being two Namco items, but I could be wrong.

Also, I don't know if you guys noticed or not, but ElecMan has individual fingers. I know there was speculation before that assist trophies had box hands and lower polygon models, but ElecMan is looking good. Don't know if this will deconfirm anything, but it's certainly worth noting.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Is no one else skeptical of the Gematsu leaker's failure to accurately identify Greninja? That lapse feels very suspicious to me, especially given his claims to pinpoint accuracy in the past.

I think picking up the flag summons the Galaga fighters. Just my theory on the matter. I can't imagine there being two Namco items, but I could be wrong.
It's from an old game called Rally S or something, I believe.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If there are four cuts, I'm pretty sure they're going to be Ivysaur, Squirtle, Solid Snake and one of the Star Fox crew.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Saying "an X & Y rep" when he predicts every other character exactly is not going five for six on newcomers.

X&Y was the only area where the leaker had real potential to make a bad guess due to the three different starters with equal chances, and so he may have hedged his bets. Every other series has an obvious newcomer, so he doesn't. He also leaks right before the Direct, but doesn't mention which rep will hit during the Direct or that PT has been cut and Charizard will appear as a "newcomer"? It's all very fishy.

Ridley stage hazard was guessable from the moment the Yellow Devil appeared, though I'll grant that it's a less likely guess.
Maybe the reason he didn't mention Charizard is because his informant only mentions New Characters and nothing else?
.n_n.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Is no one else skeptical of the Gematsu leaker's failure to accurately identify Greninja? That lapse feels very suspicious to me, especially given his claims to pinpoint accuracy in the past.
Reminds me of the Paul Gale scenario on GAF awhile back. The guy legitimately leaked PSABR and certain pertaining information well before the Sony Santa Monica announcement. After he established a credible reputation he started cashing in other 'rumors' that were discovered to be fabrications (Star Fox x Metroid as Retro's secret project anyone?)

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Both are Kid Icarus items. The Eye Turret(?) and the Drill Arm. It's a weapon like the Ore Club.
Cool, seems like Kid Icarus is being healthily represented.

Like you, I'm glad to see the first Mother content confirmed.
I'm hoping that New Pork City is a returning stage, and that we get cool Mother stages this time around.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Possibly stupid questions, but:

Where is the drill item from? Drill Dozer?

And where is the eyeball item from? Kid Icarus?
The drill is the Drill Arm from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Same with the second, both are from Uprising.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Maybe the reason he didn´t mention Charizard is becuase his informant only mentions New Characters and nothing else?
.n_n.
Even so, why did his informant not know it was Greninja? Let's look at the facts. Every other prediction from this leaker has been 100% precise. Little Mac, WFT, Pac, Mega Man, Villager, Mii, Chrom, Shulk, Palutena, Chorus Kids, and "Pokemon from X & Y"? It just feels off.

Every other character he's guessed is the obvious rep for that game/series, but when he gets to the game with a dozen or so reps of an equal chance, he doesn't know?

I mean, come on. Some skepticism here is warranted. He didn't guess Greninja, he guessed "Pokemon from X & Y". Hardly an inspired prediction when both Melee and Brawl gave us a Pokemon newcomer from the most recent gen.

Suzakuseiō

Smash Cadet
NNID
antwonathon
3DS FC
1263-6431-1178

Also, I don't know if you guys noticed or not, but ElecMan has individual fingers. I know there was speculation before that assist trophies had box hands and lower polygon models, but ElecMan is looking good. Don't know if this will deconfirm anything, but it's certainly worth noting.
It looks to me like ElecMan's hands/fingers are rigid and stuck in place that way. They may be modeled that way, but he's perpetually pointing. Don't Palutena's hands change in her pics?

Shroob

Sup?
4 cuts and 48 spots could refer to Ivysaur and squirtle now that sheik and zero-suit samus count for spots. cut snake and that means only one more mystery cut.

Add the characters from the Sal/Gematsu leaks and it give us this, 48 character roster:

View attachment 11751

however thats with only 3 cuts (ivysaur, squirtle, and snake).
Sooo possibly one more character cut and one more mystery newcomer... or it's mewtwo over jigglypuff and that counts as a cut.... I kinda doubt that though (the original 12 just seem sacred to me) but who knows.

for better or for worse I feel the days are approaching when these "real" leaks will add up and actually reveal the final roster. It's coming.
I would not be surprised if it were a Fire Emblem or Star Fox character cut and Mewtwo was the hidden character.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So stop me if you've heard this one before, https://www.flickr.com/photos/48280274@N02/sets/72157643678092364/

Lip's stick is shown in a picture. This hurts the Lip :'(
Oh i didnt see that, but like its been said more than one way to get a "flower" in fact knowing flowers are in the game might help Lip? (like tripping existing still for diddys bananas) im not sure at this point.

[EDIT} oops I just saw the picture samus is holding the lip stick...probably no Lip then..

If there are four cuts, I'm pretty sure they're going to be Ivysaur, Squirtle, Solid Snake and one of the Star Fox crew.
yeah if Sal/Gematsu leak is true and the Mario Kart 8 leaker is true and ivysaur, squirtle, and snake are cut AND I had my choice of who else should be cut, i'd cut wolf and add Ridley... if ridley is a boss/stage hazard though and off the table than i'd want Isaac/Takamaru/or Lip to fill the final spot.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Reminds me of the Paul Gale scenario on GAF awhile back. The guy legitimately leaked PSABR and certain pertaining information well before the Sony Santa Monica announcement. After he established a credible reputation he started cashing in other 'rumors' that were discovered to be fabrications (Star Fox x Metroid as Retro's secret project anyone?)
I really think that somebody finding out about WFT and parlaying that into other "leaks" is a very legitimate explanation for the Gematsu leaks.

I'm sorry, but guessing "Pokemon from X&Y" is just such an obvious red flag. This guy's source will give him nearly every newcomer, including Wii Fit Trainer, but balks at telling him who exactly the Pokerep will be?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I really think that somebody finding out about WFT and parlaying that into other "leaks" is a very legitimate explanation for the Gematsu leaks.

I'm sorry, but guessing "Pokemon from X&Y" is just such an obvious red flag. This guy's source will give him nearly every newcomer, including Wii Fit Trainer, but balks at telling him who exactly the Pokerep will be?
The original E3 leak he called villager "animal crossing guy" or something like that but still we got him and people still refuted his leak on the basis that he didn't know the name, is it not possible he doesnt know the X and Y pokemon names, saw Greninja and leaked it as best he could? lots of people dont know the new pokemon.

Sorry, I'm not super thrilled with the roster the leaks are adding up to myself and I see that there is still more than enough reasonable doubt here but imo things are pointing towards this stuff being true.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Last year's E3 was before Greninja was even revealed. He may have genuinely not known.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The original E3 leak he called villager "animal crossing guy" or something like that but still we got him and people still refuted his leak on the basis that he didn't know the name, is it not possible he doesnt know the X and Y pokemon names, saw Greninja and leaked it as best he could? lots of people dont know the new pokemon.
Most people ended up writing off "animal crossing guy" as him meaning Villager, but that's yet another reason to be a bit suspicious. Tom Nook was a plausible rep for AC based on Sakurai's past comments, so the leaker hedges his bets there and with Pokemon, but not with any other series as they all have an obvious rep.

Sorry, I'm not super thrilled with the roster the leaks are adding up to myself and I see that there is still more than enough reasonable doubt here but imo things are pointing towards this stuff being true.
I'm not saying that these leaks aren't true, just that I find underwhelming the credibility of the latest batch of predictions. As always, this leak lives and dies by WFT.

Last year's E3 was before Greninja was even revealed. He may have genuinely not known.
"Pokemon from X & Y" was allegedly leaked to Gematsu today, not 9 months ago.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Now, the question remains. If the Sal leak is real, and the MK guy leak is real... and we count Squirtle and Ivysaur as 2 characters and Snake being a cut... who is the 4th cut? Ike? Wolf? R.O.B.?

After seeing the Mother items in Smash 4, I'm not feeling Lucas being cut.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I can attest to this, since I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold/Silver but still am a huge fan of Nintendo/Smash. If I got a quick look at a roster and had to figure out who each person was, I would do the same thing.

Also, for those discounting the lek because of the ChorusMen...I'm guessing that everyone was saying the same thing about R.O.B last go-around. Everyone hated R.O.B over Ridley and Isaac and Geno and Little Mac and all of these other characters and used that to discredit it. Don't discredit something until it's actual proven false.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
lol at giving something credibility because he guessed a vague thing correct. Of course Pokemon was going to have a newcomer, and of course it was going to be one from X/Y.

Someone could put a list of 100 characters and if one got confirmed the source would be considered credible by this website.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Now, the question remains. If the Sal leak is real, and the MK guy leak is real... and we count Squirtle and Ivysaur as 2 characters and Snake being a cut... who is the 4th cut? Ike? Wolf? R.O.B.?

IMO, Lucas was never being cut after all the M3 love in Brawl. It's probably Wolf.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575

You've seen 2 items - that seems like a stretch to say that guarantees both will return. Who's to say a different Mother character may replace Lucas (since he and Ness play similarly)? Or that they go with only 1 Mother rep because of its declining presence in the scene?

Still think Wolf is more likely to be cut, but Lucas still seems valid. R.O.B is so unique, I can't see him leaving.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

I'll go with a Mother rep, a Star Fox rep or maybe Ike. Can't see it being anyone else.

Shroob

Sup?
You've seen 2 items - that seems like a stretch to say that guarantees both will return. Who's to say a different Mother character may replace Lucas (since he and Ness play similarly)? Or that they go with only 1 Mother rep because of its declining presence in the scene?

Still think Wolf is more likely to be cut, but Lucas still seems valid. R.O.B is so unique, I can't see him leaving.
The Franklin Badge, is my argument. While it's been in every Mother game, it's only important moment was in Mother 3 and was part of the story itself. It's the reason it was added into Brawl in the first place.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
lol at giving something credibility because he guessed a vague thing correct. Of course Pokemon was going to have a newcomer, and of course it was going to be one from X/Y.

Someone could put a list of 100 characters and if one got confirmed the source would be considered credible by this website.
I think it's more a matter of giving the guy credit for getting everything else right in conjunction with getting the Pokemon X/Y right. It's like a March Madness bracket. The odds of guessing it are essentially impossible, so you give credit to someone who is so far pitching a "perfect bracket."

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

That's not why people are considering him credible, it's because he guessed Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, all before E3.
And it's looking more and more likely that Mii and Pac-Man will be in as well.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
You guys are being silly and over analytical. It's making you derp.

So he was super confident with all his other "lies" but for some reason with pokemon he decided to be vague because he wasn't confident with that lie? Easier to be vague with your lie because then it can be easily confirmed right. Well no, that doesn't make a lick of sense because he was VERY F**KING specific about everything else. If he were lying about it all he'd just list a specific pokemon (why not he lied about 10 other people) OR he would be vague with a lot more than 1 out of 11 listed characters.

He's specific with 10 people but this one -- the one that he's somewhat vague with... so he must be lying because he's vague with this one? If it wasn't confirmed you guys wouldn't give a crap about it. But since it turned out to be accurate you have a lot of people over analyzing it and coming up with illogical reasons why it's fishy.

Sometimes this board gives me a headache.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I think it's more a matter of giving the guy credit for getting everything else right in conjunction with getting the Pokemon X/Y right. It's like a March Madness bracket. The odds of guessing it are essentially impossible, so you give credit to someone who is so far pitching a "perfect bracket."
"Pokemon from X & Y" is so laughably vague and obvious that it can hardly be credited as an accurate guess. Every Smash game has had Pokemon from the most recent gen.

Again, being this vague does not jive with the rest of the leaker's guesses. This man can nail Wii Fit Trainer but he doesn't know the Pokemon? The roster's been a lock since before E3 last year, so that's not an excuse, and the leaker's source has given him every other character accurately. Why, then, does he not know the Pokemon?

Good leaks are accurate, getting specific and/or unlikely details right, such as Wii Fit Trainer's announcement at E3. "Pokemon from X & Y" sounds like something from a terrible fake "leak" where the user's just trying to avoid being disproved as long as possible.

Nobody should be giving this leaker any credit for guessing "Pokemon from X & Y". Like I said, it's all about the WFT guess, nothing else. Unlike everything else, the WFT guess was unlikely (it's WFT), specific (announced at E3) and accurate.

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Nobody's probably wondering this since Greninja is in, but I thought I'd share anyway
Zoroark discomfirmed.png

I'm pretty sure this removes Zoroark from the race.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

I'd say Wolf is most likely and my choice for getting cut if I could pick.

that also leaves a final newcomer spot Sal doesn't know about (if these leaks are true of course) at the front of the running are Takamaru and Isaac imo...though I have a lingering suspicion Ridley is playable, maybe i've just drilled it in my head but theres something so suspicious about the sloooooow reveal he's getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom