• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
"Is there a game franchise you'd particularly like to appear in?

Let me think about that. Well the Metal Gear series is always coming in and out of my ‘field’. We have put bids out on it a couple of times. Raiden was always a character that I had wanted to play. I did end up playing him on Super Smash Bros; so I did end up playing him eventually. NOT to the extent that he is in the other games.

Really I can’t think of any others, I don’t know. Im so lucky to have work on all the major franchises that anyone could possibly work on or even dream to work on.

Oh, Portal. Is that possible even?! (laughing)

I just feel blessed with all the video game opportunities I’ve had chance to partake in, so I feel like I’ve got it pretty well covered."

Only part I can find about Smash.

This confirms what exactly? It sounds more like Raiden is playable in smash.

And I don't buy that....
could be an assist trophy that talks before he attacks?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
ANYTHING smash related would be great, mario kart is also cool though and i'll be up for the miiverse update so its all win win no matter what

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly if Raiden gets in before a second Sonic rep I burn things down.

To the ground.

I like Metal Gear, but it is far less deserving of a second rep than Sonic.

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66

Let me think about that. Well the Metal Gear series is always coming in and out of my ‘field’. We have put bids out on it a couple of times. Raiden was always a character that I had wanted to play. I did end up playing him on Super Smash Bros; so I did end up playing him eventually. NOT to the extent that he is in the other games.

Really I can’t think of any others, I don’t know. Im so lucky to have work on all the major franchises that anyone could possibly work on or even dream to work on.

I just feel blessed with all the video game opportunities I’ve had chance to partake in, so I feel like I’ve got it pretty well covered."

And I don't buy that....
all he stated was he played raiden in smash bros. there are no signs towards him hinting playable which it wouldnt make sense for raiden to be playable so more than likley an assist trophy.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Its 1:00 am where im at. I hope ign realizes april fools ended already. well it is 8:00 where ign is at so yea...mabye i need to be more patient.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Yeah, I'm counting on him being an assist trophy, not a character. If Metal Gear Solid gets two reps and other third parties don't, fans are gonna be steamed!

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
He might also be part of Snake's new Codecs somehow. I tweeted him about it already. Let's see what happens.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If that's true, then good bye Betternet leak.

Honestly find this whole thing super weird though.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Yeah, I'm really confused tonight. I smell something big coming our way soon.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
It seems like something no one expected is going to happen soon. Something everyone might have overlooked. Who knows.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Yeah, I'm counting on him being an assist trophy, not a character. If Metal Gear Solid gets two reps and other third parties don't, fans are gonna be steamed!
Because Raiden couldn't replace Snake? It makes sense give Kojima's statements about Snake not being in Smash. But I put no faith into this rumor, these sort of voice actor things are unreliable.

Also, what's this about an announcement tonight? Seems a little late for news. And not even from official sources? Come on.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It seems like something no one expected is going to happen soon. Something everyone might have overlooked. Who knows.
Wait....

DID THE VOICE ACTOR REPLY BACK?!?!?!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ah. Just a bait and switch, I guess.
Yeah...pretty glad someone came in to say "It's just Mario Kart, guys." or I think we'd be pretty pissed. Even if you love Mario Kart.

Still pissed about the god damn Koopalings, though.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Because Raiden couldn't replace Snake? It makes sense give Kojima's statements about Snake not being in Smash. But I put no faith into this rumor, these sort of voice actor things are unreliable.
Indeed. I remember when it was absolutely inconceivable for anyone to believe that Snake would not appear in Playstation All Stars, let alone have a spot taken by another Metal Gear character. Then Raiden was confirmed. It seems marketing triumphed iconicness in that case.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

Also, what's this about an announcement tonight? Seems a little late for news. And not even from official sources? Come on.
I didn't say he wasn't capable of replacing Snake. It just seems that if they're gonna use a character in the game, use a character that has had a game on a Nintendo system. ;p Revengeance unfortunately didn't get on the Wii U, which is Raiden's main game.

Also, this isn't a rumor. This is straight from the voice actor's mouth. If it were on 4chan or GameFAQs, I could understand, but the guy himself said it. He said he played Raiden in Smash Bros., and since Raiden wasn't in Brawl, that leads us to believe he could only be talking about Smash 4. Now there are only two questions: Did he mess up and mean Raiden in PlayStation All-Stars? Or did he slip information early and Raiden is going to be playable or AT?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm fairly certain that Sakurai would personally still pick Snake, given that he already has a moveset. It's evident that Kojima still wants Snake in too, so it's not like he'd have made a decision to replace him. He's likely just in codexes or an AT, I don't see why they'd bother replacing Snake at this stage.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Raiden pretty much fits perfectly as a replacement for Gray Fox, chop chop chop and such.

I'm really hoping this is legit, in any case, more evidence for Snake's inclusion is always good.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I didn't say he wasn't capable of replacing Snake. It just seems that if they're gonna use a character in the game, use a character that has had a game on a Nintendo system. ;p Revengeance unfortunately didn't get on the Wii U, which is Raiden's main game.

Also, this isn't a rumor. This is straight from the voice actor's mouth. If it were on 4chan or GameFAQs, I could understand, but the guy himself said it. He said he played Raiden in Smash Bros., and since Raiden wasn't in Brawl, that leads us to believe he could only be talking about Smash 4. Now there are only two questions: Did he mess up and mean Raiden in PlayStation All-Stars? Or did he slip information early and Raiden is going to be playable or AT?
Unless a NEW playstation all-stars is coming out, Raiden was voiced by Quinton Flynn and NOT Reuben Langdon in Playstation All-Stars.

Finalefireworker

Smash Rookie
People are approaching this Raiden thing absolutely bonkers. There is zero indication that Raiden would replace Snake.

Raiden was in PlayStation All Stars because Snake is a Smash character. Just because the development team for PSAS didn't care about that doesn't mean Kojima and Konami were not acutely aware Nintendo would NOT be happy if a character they allowed into their hugely important franchise and was hugely central to their Brawl advertising was suddenly a poster child for a game directly aping the success of their own.

Raiden was chosen by Konami for "marketing reasons." Regardless of whatever else that means, it also means Snake already has a fighting game he is part of. If Raiden is in this game it is in a cameo capacity and supplements the playability of Snake.

I am not sure how any other conclusion could be drawn.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Didn't we already check and find that he didn't voice Raiden in PSABR? If so, unless he's really, really oblivious I can't see how he'd mix the two up.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Unless a NEW playstation all-stars is coming out, Raiden was voiced by Quinton Flynn and NOT Reuben Langdon in Playstation All-Stars.
Didn't we already check and find that he didn't voice Raiden in PSABR? If so, unless he's really, really oblivious I can't see how he'd mix the two up.
And once again my complete ignorance to Metal Gear stuff is showing. xD My bad.

Then yeah, that pretty much, at least to me, confirms 100% of Snake returning to Smash 4 or Raiden replacing him. Good news for Snake fans! :D

People are approaching this Raiden thing absolutely bonkers. There is zero indication that Raiden would replace Snake.

Raiden was in PlayStation All Stars because Snake is a Smash character. Just because the development team for PSAS didn't care about that doesn't mean Kojima and Konami were not acutely aware Nintendo would NOT be happy if a character they allowed into their hugely important franchise and was hugely central to their Brawl advertising was suddenly a poster child for a game directly aping the success of their own.

Raiden was chosen by Konami for "marketing reasons." Regardless of whatever else that means, it also means Snake already has a fighting game he is part of. If Raiden is in this game it is in a cameo capacity and supplements the playability of Snake.

Yes, that's pretty much what I'm taking from it, too.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And once again my complete ignorance to Metal Gear stuff is showing. xD

Then yeah, that pretty much, for me at least, confirms 100% of Snake returning to Smash 4 or Raiden replacing him. Good news for Snake fans! :D
Yeah, if it's true that he voiced Raiden in a Smash game, my day is 100% made.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

According to your logic, Takara would not be happy with Snake's inclusion in Smash because he was already in DreamMix TV World Fighters.
Also, Nintendo originally denied Snake's inclusion in Brawl because he was more a Sony character, so if anything, Sony would NOT be happy with Snake.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm fairly certain that Sakurai would personally still pick Snake, given that he already has a moveset. It's evident that Kojima still wants Snake in too, so it's not like he'd have made a decision to replace him. He's likely just in codexes or an AT, I don't see why they'd bother replacing Snake at this stage.
I agree. Just playing devil's advocate.

I just don't think he's voiced Raiden before, so less credibility there.

Finalefireworker

Smash Rookie
According to your logic, Takara would not be happy with Snake's inclusion in Smash because he was already in DreamMix TV World Fighters.
Also, Nintendo originally denied Snake's inclusion in Brawl because he was more a Sony character, so if anything, Sony would NOT be happy with Snake.
If you don't see why that isn't the same thing at all then you probably won't be convinced otherwise. But PSAS was Sony Smash Bros. It is a direct attempt to reach the same audience that buys Nintendo consoles just for Smash. It lacked credibility from the start and was criticized for "copying" Nintendo's formula.

Snake's appearance in this game would be a gesture of disloyalty to Nintendo and also lend credibility to a new franchise that even Sony's famous legacy companies were uncomfortable endorsing.

Croco

Smash Lord
Just a pikachu move update..

Pic of the day. Pikachu's Thunder now starts off with a thundercloud that deals a Meteor Smash! From left to right, you can see this combo starting with Pikachu throwing the opponent upward, Meteor...

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Not the thread to be moaning and groaning about it, peeps. Pic of the day stuff in Miiverse thread, Mario Kart in Nintenzone.

On a more personal note, you guys should probably stop holding your breath for these sort of "leaks." Contrary to the website's purpose, the world/Nintendo doesn't revolve around Smash. Info will come eventually, be it in trickles or leaks.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
On a more personal note, you guys should probably stop holding your breath for these sort of "leaks." Contrary to the website's purpose, the world/Nintendo doesn't revolve around Smash. Info will come eventually, be it in trickles or leaks.
Isn't that a little unfair to be saying in a thread dedicated to examining leaks and rumours?

The whole point of community threads like this is to analyze and get excited about potential truths. Nobody's acting like these leaks are earth-bending... We're just checking and cross-referencing facts to deduce that which could be. Plus, it's a great feeling when we get something right! It's like a fun logic puzzle.

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
Lol oops, that was a legitimate accident, I had this and the Miiverse thread open in two separate tabs. My bad!
Does anyone still have hope for the Betternet one? That's the one that was like...the hip and trendy one. I've been outy for a coupla weeks

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake

And I don't buy that....
Whaaa!!!!!

That is big right there if he is correct in his statement. And no raiden would not replace snake, he would probably replace grey fox as an AT, which makes sense considering he said it wasnt to the extent that raiden spoke in past games. Rob paulson voiced grey fox and came in for his few grunts and lines, it would make sense that there were at least a few lines for raiden if he appears. Especially if they couldnt get flynn for that voice over studio or didnt want to call him in for such a minimal role.

Oh man, im hoping this leads to bigger and better things, my faith in snakes return has just gotten a B12 shot

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Im no metal gear expert but could Raiden be part of codecs for certain fighters if they return?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Im no metal gear expert but could Raiden be part of codecs for certain fighters if they return?
Absolutely, i wouldnt put it past them to include him in that way as well. Even if its snake from a different era, time paradox's are a frequent gag in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom