• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
... eh same old, same old (also who is robin?)
The avatar from FE:A.

Edit: Double Ninja'd

This whole play testing this is weird. I'm sure it's happening, but surely not to random people off the street. I'd say they need to know who they are so they can track leaks and have them sign agreements.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I've been busy and away from this thread, why is everyone assuming that reveal trailers have hidden clues to new characters?
Did a leak say that? And why are people believing it?
A really vague leak mentioned it a while back. Since people are usually desperate for conversation in this thread we just started discussing it

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Let's get this thing back on topic.

A couple of hours ago a friend of mine gave me a call to tell me he was part of a small group that was invited to test the build that's gonna be playable at E3. This testing is supposed to be secret so I'm not even gonna hint at what his job is, as that might get him in trouble.
He told me all of this over the phone:

He playtested in a room with about 10 other people where 2 displays were running the game.
They only played 1-vs-1 matches and played for about 15 minutes each, but were allowed to watch the others play.
Apparently all characters from Brawl come back for this game. Mewtwo also comes back.
The newcomers this time were Wii Fit trainer, Mega Man, Villager, Rosalina, Little Mac, Ridley, Palutena, Isaac, Robin, and Shulk. He was told there were some hidden characters that were not unlocked for this test.
Brawl Clones were further decloned, so now they feel totally different from their originals.
Finisher moves become more powerful when having a lot of damage percentage.
He played in a couple of Brawl Stages (Halberd was one of them) as well as some new ones. One Stage that has not yet been revealed is based on Nintendo Land where lots of Miis can be seen in the background.
Some characters have alternate costumes. He wouldn't specify.
He also told me there was a video playing on some displays in other room that might have been a Reveal Trailer for Robin who will probably be the next newcomer to be revealed.

I don´t buy it, why? Simple how did he know that all the characters in Brawl were playable and didn´t get cut, add that many new comers to the list and Sakurai should reveal almost 3 to 4 characters each month to get to that number of playable characters before E3, for me thats where the leak falls apart. I mean it would be weird to have that many playable characters without their respective profile in the official website, the only way I could see it happening is by the E3 they reveal the missing veterans in another bracket with the new comers to come but for me it would be to much information, because maybe some veterans will receive an overhaul like Bowser and need more time and pics to show each step in what changes they have.
.n_n.

Shroob

Sup?
Would not surprise me if Robin was revealed... but if "All Brawl Vets return", shouldn't they show Ike first? Wasn't the guess we had going was that "If the franchise has all its vets shown, it's plausible to get a newcomer"? Well, at least that's what it seemed like with Mario, what, with it getting all its reps shoved out the door posthaste before Rosalina.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

A couple of hours ago a friend of mine gave me a call to tell me he was part of a small group that was invited to test the build that's gonna be playable at E3. This testing is supposed to be secret so I'm not even gonna hint at what his job is, as that might get him in trouble.

He playtested in a room with about 10 other people where 2 displays were running the game.
They only played 1-vs-1 matches and played for about 15 minutes each, but were allowed to watch the others play.
Apparently all characters from Brawl come back for this game. Mewtwo also comes back.
The newcomers this time were Wii Fit trainer, Mega Man, Villager, Rosalina, Little Mac, Ridley, Palutena, Isaac, Robin, and Shulk. He was told there were some hidden characters that were not unlocked for this test.
Brawl Clones were further decloned, so now they feel totally different from their originals.
He played in a couple of Brawl Stages (Halberd was one of them) as well as some new ones. One Stage that has not yet been revealed is based on Nintendo Land where lots of Miis can be seen in the background.
He also told me there was a video playing on some displays in other room that might have been a Reveal Trailer for Robin who will probably be the next newcomer to be revealed.

Where did you find it?

livan

Smash Apprentice
Klonoa looks like a good character for Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3ds, also could be great to see him interacting with all. n_n

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
The newcomers this time were Wii Fit trainer, Mega Man, Villager, Rosalina, Little Mac, Ridley, Palutena, Isaac, Robin, and Shulk.
Uh huh. I got nothing against those three, but I don't really believe this.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Klonoa looks like a good character for Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3ds, also could be great to see him interacting with all. n_n
Uhh you're kind of in the wrong place, you should go to the character discussion page. This is the rumor and leaks page.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Aaaand we finally have our first leak that claims Captain Rainbow. That didn't take long...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68758072

List of Newcomers:

Rosalina
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ghirahim
Ridley
Palutena
Mega Mewtwo
Black Shadow
Robin
Shulk
Isaac
Takamaru
Lip
Ray MK III
Wonder Red
Captain Rainbow
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Villager
Mega man
Pac-Man

List of bosses: (Not sure what it means here since some stage hazards are here, perhaps it's just those, bosses, or both)

Petey Piranha
King Boo
Captain Syrup
Raphael the Raven
Lord Fredrik
Armogohma
Kraid
Viridi
Medusa
Hades
Dark Matter
Andross
Lysandre
Genesect
Black Knight
Giygas
Plasma Wraith
King Hippo
Dark Lord
Yellow Devil
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Tabuu

List of Assist Trophies:

Wart
Waluigi
Koopalings
Lakitu
Hammer Bro
Ashley
Shake King
Funky Kong
Tiki Tong
Tingle
Skull Kid
Koume & Kotake
Groose
Mother Brain
Metroid
Dark Samus
Adeleine
Bandana Dee
Knuckle Joe
Krystal
Samurai Goroh
Tharja
Hector
Jeff
Porky
Louie
Starfy
Excitebike
Jill
Nintendog
Helirin
Hikari
Dark Pit
Mach Rider
Tamagon
Duck Hunt Dog
John Solver

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Aaaand we finally have our first leak that claims Captain Rainbow. That didn't take long...

List of Newcomers:

Rosalina
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ghirahim
Ridley
Palutena
Mega Mewtwo
Black Shadow
Robin
Shulk
Isaac
Takamaru
Lip
Ray MK III
Wonder Red
Captain Rainbow
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Villager
Mega man
Pac-Man

List of bosses: (Not sure what it means here since some stage hazards are here, perhaps it's just those, bosses, or both)

Petey Piranha
King Boo
Captain Syrup
Raphael the Raven
Lord Fredrik
Armogohma
Kraid
Viridi
Medusa
Hades
Dark Matter
Andross
Lysandre
Genesect
Black Knight
Giygas
Plasma Wraith
King Hippo
Dark Lord
Yellow Devil
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Tabuu

List of Assist Trophies:

Wart
Waluigi
Koopalings
Lakitu
Hammer Bro
Ashley
Shake King
Funky Kong
Tiki Tong
Tingle
Skull Kid
Koume & Kotake
Groose
Mother Brain
Metroid
Dark Samus
Adeleine
Bandana Dee
Knuckle Joe
Krystal
Samurai Goroh
Tharja
Hector
Jeff
Porky
Louie
Starfy
Excitebike
Jill
Nintendog
Helirin
Hikari
Dark Pit
Mach Rider
Tamagon
Duck Hunt Dog
John Solver

Knowing every Assist Trophy and boss is a little too fake for my likings.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

List of Newcomers:

Rosalina
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ghirahim
Ridley
Palutena
Mega Mewtwo
Black Shadow
Robin
Shulk
Isaac
Takamaru
Lip
Ray MK III
Wonder Red
Captain Rainbow
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Villager
Mega man
Pac-Man

Petey Piranha
King Boo
Captain Syrup
Raphael the Raven
Lord Fredrik
Armogohma
Kraid
Viridi
Medusa
Hades
Dark Matter
Andross
Lysandre
Genesect
Black Knight
Giygas
Plasma Wraith
King Hippo
Dark Lord
Yellow Devil
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Tabuu

List of Assist Trophies:

Wart
Waluigi
Koopalings
Lakitu
Hammer Bro
Ashley
Shake King
Funky Kong
Tiki Tong
Tingle
Skull Kid
Koume & Kotake
Groose
Mother Brain
Metroid
Dark Samus
Adeleine
Bandana Dee
Knuckle Joe
Krystal
Samurai Goroh
Tharja
Hector
Jeff
Porky
Louie
Starfy
Excitebike
Jill
Nintendog
Helirin
Hikari
Dark Pit
Mach Rider
Tamagon
Duck Hunt Dog
John Solver
Quite a bit of newcomers...As it would be cool to see this many, it won't happen (I don't think). Each newcomer gets their own CGI trailer, that would be a LOT of CGI trailers (1 of many reasons we most likely wont get that many newcomers)

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

List of Newcomers:

Rosalina
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ghirahim
Ridley
Palutena
Mega Mewtwo
Black Shadow
Robin
Shulk
Isaac
Takamaru
Lip
Ray MK III
Wonder Red
Captain Rainbow
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Villager
Mega man
Pac-Man

Petey Piranha
King Boo
Captain Syrup
Raphael the Raven
Lord Fredrik
Armogohma
Kraid
Viridi
Medusa
Hades
Dark Matter
Andross
Lysandre
Genesect
Black Knight
Giygas
Plasma Wraith
King Hippo
Dark Lord
Yellow Devil
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Tabuu

List of Assist Trophies:

Wart
Waluigi
Koopalings
Lakitu
Hammer Bro
Ashley
Shake King
Funky Kong
Tiki Tong
Tingle
Skull Kid
Koume & Kotake
Groose
Mother Brain
Metroid
Dark Samus
Adeleine
Bandana Dee
Knuckle Joe
Krystal
Samurai Goroh
Tharja
Hector
Jeff
Porky
Louie
Starfy
Excitebike
Jill
Nintendog
Helirin
Hikari
Dark Pit
Mach Rider
Tamagon
Duck Hunt Dog
John Solver
Hey, SmashBoards got mentioned on the thread too. Anyways: FAKE

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

List of Newcomers:

Rosalina
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ghirahim
Ridley
Palutena
Mega Mewtwo
Black Shadow
Robin
Shulk
Isaac
Takamaru
Lip
Ray MK III
Wonder Red
Captain Rainbow
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Villager
Mega man
Pac-Man

Petey Piranha
King Boo
Captain Syrup
Raphael the Raven
Lord Fredrik
Armogohma
Kraid
Viridi
Medusa
Hades
Dark Matter
Andross
Lysandre
Genesect
Black Knight
Giygas
Plasma Wraith
King Hippo
Dark Lord
Yellow Devil
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Tabuu

List of Assist Trophies:

Wart
Waluigi
Koopalings
Lakitu
Hammer Bro
Ashley
Shake King
Funky Kong
Tiki Tong
Tingle
Skull Kid
Koume & Kotake
Groose
Mother Brain
Metroid
Dark Samus
Adeleine
Bandana Dee
Knuckle Joe
Krystal
Samurai Goroh
Tharja
Hector
Jeff
Porky
Louie
Starfy
Excitebike
Jill
Nintendog
Helirin
Hikari
Dark Pit
Mach Rider
Tamagon
Duck Hunt Dog
John Solver
Wow I don't even have to count them to say thats too many newcomers. Solely on that fact I'll say its fake. And that it comes from gamefaqs those guys are just unreliable.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Can I just mention you guys are treating Captain Rainbow as if he's new. He's heavily requested in Japan (Like Mac) and I'd assume he's in a bunch of Japanese leaks as well. Just don't throw out a leak because it has a character you don't like based on the fact you're not familiar with him or something.

Japan did this exact thing with Little Mac and todays POTD shows he is plausible.

However that leak just posted with him in it is wtf, definitely fake.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters is a Club Nintendo reward until April... Does that mean Palutena is going to be revealed this month or next month????!?!!?!?!? Probably not... but a man can dream cant he?!?

Last edited:

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
Called it with the fake leaks with Captain Rainbow. It's just one big troll. The tester rumor I sorta like because it has Isaac and no Miis. I really need to get used to this Robin in FE tho. I keep thinking its Isaac too because thats who hes called in Japan. Seeing both names confuse the hell out of me and makes me think its fake :/.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Cap'nChreest said
So Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters is free on the EShop until April... Does that mean Palutena is going to be revealed this month or next month????!?!!?!?!? Probably not... but a man can dream cant he?!?
Its definitely possible if there is a direct soon. Also isn't it club Nintendo isn't its been on the 3ds eshop for ages.

Last edited:

I don't want to eat too much crow if that turned out to be true, so I won't deal in any absolutes. However, Robin is a Fire Emblem fanboy's pipe dream. If I had to quantify his or her chances, I'd put it at one percent.

So far, Sakurai has cared little for non-identity avatar characters or commanders in Smash. It's why Pikachu was playable long before a generic Pokemon Trainer; and even then, the PT is more of a background decoration. It's also why tanks and soldiers were the Advance War assist instead of one of that series' COs. It's why the Wii Fit trainers are representing the casual era and facet of Nintendo rather than Miis, as far as we so far know.

Sakurai focuses on the characters most seen and admired, and in the case of Fire Emblem Awakening, Chrom and Lucina outrank the rest of the cast, because they're the main characters and their story is more compelling than nameless, faceless Robin. I am not certain that any Awakening character, even Chrom or Lucina, will make it in.

I foresee a counterpoint to this will be that the Villager made it in despite being a generic player avatar; but it still fits the criteria of what character you see the most in Animal Crossing; a warm-smiled kiddo going about his mischief with shovels and slingshots. And there is also the fact that Olimar, a commander in his own games, is playable in Smash. Again, it's who is constantly on the screen in Pikmin, and he's interesting.

So I discount this rumor and any others that contain Robin, or Andy, or any human Pokemon character who fights with his own hands. It's just not in line with what has so far prevailed in Smash, and it smells of non-professional thinking.

Anyway, besides Robin, I have a gripe about a lack of variety of body shapes and sizes among the newcomers. Too many of them would be plain, anatomically correct humans: WFT, Mac (besides height), Palutena, Isaac, Robin, Shulk... Compare that to the diversity of the Smash's original cast of twelve and you might find the lack of variety in this rumor suspicious.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why are all of these fake site pics in Japanese?

They made in Japan or do they think it makes it more credible?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

"My friend is part of a small 10 man group who was invited to play the game secretly just a couple of hours ago... But I won't tell you what his job is because if I do then they might know who he is!"

This leaker didn't even go as far as 1 paragraph without a major logic failure. Definitely fake.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Quite a bit of newcomers...As it would be cool to see this many, it won't happen (I don't think). Each newcomer gets their own CGI trailer, that would be a LOT of CGI trailers (1 of many reasons we most likely wont get that many newcomers)
Has Ray Mk III in it, it's real guys!

odie-itachi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0156-3436

List of Newcomers:

Rosalina
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ghirahim
Ridley
Palutena
Mega Mewtwo
Black Shadow
Robin
Shulk
Isaac
Takamaru
Lip
Ray MK III
Wonder Red
Captain Rainbow
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Villager
Mega man
Pac-Man

Petey Piranha
King Boo
Captain Syrup
Raphael the Raven
Lord Fredrik
Armogohma
Kraid
Viridi
Medusa
Hades
Dark Matter
Andross
Lysandre
Genesect
Black Knight
Giygas
Plasma Wraith
King Hippo
Dark Lord
Yellow Devil
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Tabuu

List of Assist Trophies:

Wart
Waluigi
Koopalings
Lakitu
Hammer Bro
Ashley
Shake King
Funky Kong
Tiki Tong
Tingle
Skull Kid
Koume & Kotake
Groose
Mother Brain
Metroid
Dark Samus
Adeleine
Bandana Dee
Knuckle Joe
Krystal
Samurai Goroh
Tharja
Hector
Jeff
Porky
Louie
Starfy
Excitebike
Jill
Nintendog
Helirin
Hikari
Dark Pit
Mach Rider
Tamagon
Duck Hunt Dog
John Solver
Kotake & koume are on the AT list, they're Stage Hazards so...FEIKU

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Its definitely possible if there is a direct soon. Also isn't it club Nintendo isn't its been on the 3ds eshop for ages.
It's been on there for a while, yeah, but right now it's free with coins from your Club Nintendo account. They rotate out the rewards once a month. Pretty snazzy, but I doubt it has anything to do with Palutena being revealed.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
It's been on there for a while, yeah, but right now it's free with coins from your Club Nintendo account. They rotate out the rewards once a month. Pretty snazzy, but I doubt it has anything to do with Palutena being revealed.
I think it might actually lead up to something. Look what happened with Little Mac.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay, I've been gone from the site the past week, and there's about 40 pages that I just didn't want to go through, haha. Did I miss anything relatively big?

Okay, I've been gone from the site the past week, and there's about 40 pages that I just didn't want to go through, haha. Did I miss anything relatively big?
There haven't been any rumors with Palutenian substance to them. There was one (or more?) with Captain Rainbow as a direct result of yesterday's pic of the day, so those are almost certainly false.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
We have the MK8 rumor which has 48 characters and 4 cuts that seemed somewhat likely, a few rumors from Gamefaqs that had inconsistencies, and more discussion on how the Palutena leak seems true.

Shroob

Sup?
We have the MK8 rumor which has 48 characters and 4 cuts that seemed somewhat likely, a few rumors from Gamefaqs that had inconsistencies, and more discussion on how the Palutena leak seems true.
The problem with the MK8 rumor is it's just soo vague. :\

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I don't want to eat too much crow if that turned out to be true, so I won't deal in any absolutes. However, Robin is a Fire Emblem fanboy's pipe dream. If I had to quantify his or her chances, I'd put it at one percent.
I agree with this, mostly. 1% is harsh, but Robin is certainly a pipe dream.

So far, Sakurai has cared little for non-identity avatar characters or commanders in Smash. It's why Pikachu was playable long before a generic Pokemon Trainer; and even then, the PT is more of a background decoration. It's also why tanks and soldiers were the Advance War assist instead of one of that series' COs. It's why the Wii Fit trainers are representing the casual era and facet of Nintendo rather than Miis, as far as we so far know.
I'm not going to pretend like the moniker of "causal games" means anything to me, but if Mii games and Wii Fit are causal games Animal Crossing is as well. Animal Crossing's Avatar character got in. Using the "no Avatar" rule, after Sakurai himself broke it is pointless.

Sakurai focuses on the characters most seen and admired, and in the case of Fire Emblem Awakening, Chrom and Lucina outrank the rest of the cast, because they're the main characters and their story is more compelling than nameless, faceless Robin. I am not certain that any Awakening character, even Chrom or Lucina, will make it in.
Chrom and Lucina outrank Robin in terms of popularity, sure. However, Robin is seen just as much as Chrom and far more than Lucina in game. Outside of the game, they represent Awakening a bit more. Despite what you may think, if you play Awakening you will see that Robin does have an identity. Robin is given a distinct personality, including hobbies and interests. On a similar note, by playing Awakening you see that Robin is actually a main character, a very main character. Robin is of far greater importance to the story than Lucina and is on equal footing with Chrom for main character status. As for their story being more "compelling" than Robin's that's sort of opinion. But the only separate storyline for Chrom would be chapter 10 and below, which is honestly some of the worst FE writing I've seen. After that, the stories are intertwined and hard to separate. If you had to, Robin's story is essentially the game's entire plot.

I foresee a counterpoint to this will be that the Villager made it in despite being a generic player avatar; but it still fits the criteria of what character you see the most in Animal Crossing; a warm-smiled kiddo going about his mischief with shovels and slingshots. And there is also the fact that Olimar, a commander in his own games, is playable in Smash. Again, it's who is constantly on the screen in Pikmin, and he's interesting.
Robin gets the most screentime in the game. Or at least as much as Chrom. Spoken like someone who did not play the game, he's on screen constantly. He's also important beyond the entire story of the game hinging upon him, Robin is the group's Tactician. (The one who commands the army.)

So I discount this rumor and any others that contain Robin, or Andy, or any human Pokemon character who fights with his own hands. It's just not in line with what has so far prevailed in Smash, and it smells of non-professional thinking.
I understand that a Trainer fighting seems stupid, Sakurai draws from the Pokemon games and the Anime (The Pokemon Adventures manga is where the trainers fight too, and, sadly, Sakurai does not draw from that). However, I fail to see how Robin or Andy are "unprofessional" ideas. If this is predicated on you thinking Robin doesn't fight like Andy, than I understand where you're coming from. But Robin does fight. As for Andy, he commands armies. Not that much of stretch to make him a fighter.
And what has prevailed in Smash is giving non-fighters fighting moves. Captain Falcon comes from a racing game. Peach is princess whom Mario rescues and only got playable roles after inclusion (and you can hardly call Mario a fighter, for that matter). Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Mr. Game And Watch (who isn't even a real character) are also non-fighters.
You cant site Smash history as not giving a chance to non-fighters when it clearly does.

Anyway, besides Robin, I have a gripe about a lack of variety of body shapes and sizes among the newcomers. Too many of them would be plain, anatomically correct humans: WFT, Mac (besides height), Palutena, Isaac, Robin, Shulk... Compare that to the diversity of the Smash's original cast of twelve and you might find the lack of variety in this rumor suspicious.
After a certain point there isn't really much new that can be done in terms of body shapes.

Despite all this, I don't think this rumor is true. You don't need to look for a reason to deny a rumor. Rumors are rumors and shouldn't be considered real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom