• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So wait, let me get this straight.
A leak came out revealing six characters would be shown only at E3. Only half were shown.
So, apparently, because a fan favorite, one that we've known would be in for a long time, makes an appearance in a Nintendo Direct, outside E3, it's clearly legit again.
Am I missing something here?!
Wii Fit Trainer. Because the poster said that, it's true. Even though he didn't specify it's gender, or anything like that. He just so happened to guess a representative from Nintendo's third most profitable franchise.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
No I'm not ignoring anything. I'm just dismissing it. Also, 0 documented posts? You can't prove that, mainly because there's no proof of it, because it isn't documented.

>The leak isn't real, anyone could have guessed it!
"Ok, show us a post or something where literally -anyone- put Wii Fit Trainer on their wishlist/guess list"
>You can't prove that someone didn't do it.

Wow.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wii Fit Trainer. Because the poster said that, it's true. Even though he didn't specify it's gender, or anything like that. He just so happened to guess a representative from Nintendo's third most profitable franchise.
But he got the other half wrong. It's dead. This leak's dead. It's finished...
..Why are we pulling this up again?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But he got the other half wrong. It's dead. This leak's dead. It's finished...
..Why are we pulling this up again?
Because some people are incredibly adamant about proving a stranger's prediction of characters in a video game. Because some people are adamant about having a yellow pie and their own faces in a video game.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
No I'm not ignoring anything. I'm just dismissing it. Also, 0 documented posts? You can't prove that, mainly because there's no proof of it, because it isn't documented.
In reality, there is a single joke post about wft dating back to 2008, even going as far as to mention the female being a better choice.
The wft is still a really tough guess, and not specifying a gender shouldn't be a case, considering both genders will be playable.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In reality, there is a single joke post about wft dating back to 2008, even going as far as to mention the female being a better choice.
The wft is still a really tough guess, and not specifying a gender shouldn't be a case, considering both genders will be playable.
That whole thread really addresses WFT to a tee, it's amazing no one noticed this?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'd say that that E3 leak is most likely legit. Of course there can be very Close, or sometimes identical, guesses. But to guess MegaMan (not that weird) Villager (slighty weirder), Mac (not that weird at all), and Wii-Fit Trainer (extremely unlikely), and Pac-Man and Mii (both likely, especially Mii), right Before E3, and to get all those strange characters right in the very same post. Of course it's not confirmed to be true, but really, this is extremely more likely to be real than not in my opinion.

But, to each his own.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
I'd say that that E3 leak is most likely legit. Of course there can be very Close, or sometimes identical, guesses. But to guess MegaMan (not that weird) Villager (slighty weirder), Mac (not that weird at all), and Wii-Fit Trainer (extremely unlikely), and Pac-Man and Mii (both likely, especially Mii), right Before E3, and to get all those strange characters right in the very same post. Of course it's not confirmed to be true, but really, this is extremely more likely to be real than not in my opinion.

But, to each his own.

Exactly this.

People are saying the leak is fake just for the sake of being a special snowflake at this point.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Because some people are incredibly adamant about proving a stranger's prediction of characters in a video game. Because some people are adamant about having a yellow pie and their own faces in a video game.
That's the thing. I've always said "why can Miis just be their own character? Without customization?" I feel like it's a good idea.
Miis get their rep (and fans are happy), but in a way that works for others as well.
And mind you, this is all coming from a guy who's loves customization.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Replace snake with a better konami character like Simon Belmont.
Simon belmont is a jerk :troll:
In all seriousness, I'd rather see them both in. I don't want snake to be replaced, but a belmont would be a unique and welcome addition to the roster

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That's the thing. I've always said "why can Miis just be their own character? Without customization?" I feel like it's a good idea.
Miis get their rep (and fans are happy), but in a way that works for others as well.
And mind you, this is all coming from a guy who's loves customization.
There's no reason to add Miis without the ability to use custom faces, that's their entire point. If Miis were included and didn't have that feature, I would actually be quite furious that I could not pit Barack Obama against Mega Man. Otherwise, all they have is their profitability, which doesn't matter to Sakurai.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
>Claims that Wii Fit sold millions, and thus there are millions of Smash fans online that could have guessed her specifically as an E3 reveal.

>Fails to show even one of said guesses.

>Potentially goes into other debates and talks about the online Smash community being insignificant and tiny.

Also, just a warning for when the inevitable storm of weekend leaks start up, I will warn any pseudo-comedian who posts "No Ridley or K. Rool, obviously fake." Take the hilarious jokes to some other thread not meant for serious discussion of leaks.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
ahh... the Smash family... it's nice seeing those situation again and again, (was with Sonic in Brawl, ... was Little Mac.. and then)... but just I'm just waiting until my favorite "yellow pie" be confirmed in this game. 'u' (of course I do hope that all of you get your favorite character as well... greetings for Palutena, Ridley and K. Rool fans [this last, I include myself, of course])

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Being an arcade hero with no notable history on consoles not directly related to his arcade games, with no connection to Nintendo, and his current fame coming solely from a mediocre TV show, is not a "special situation".

Mega Man was the most requested character, and almost all of his games have been released solely on Nintendo platforms.
Sakurai has stated that he didn't want to include many third-parties, yet he chose Mega Man.
I am going to reply to this ridiculous comment based on the three parts that annoy me most.

1.)
No connection to Nintendo?

Mario narrator?

Crossover in 3 Mario kart games.

And shigeru miyamoto's favorite video game is pac-man(not necessarily relevant, but counts sort of)

What has megaman done to be so close to Nintendo?...oh that's right, just for having games on Nintendo systems. Mega man had no crossovers and no personal relations to Nintendo whatsoever. Pac-man has more personal relations to Nintendo than mega man.

2.) Current fame from mediocre TV show?

It's aimed at a younger audience to give pac-man a fresh start in the new generation. Mediocre is an opinion anyway, im sure there are many younger kids who love the silly show more than any other crap that comes on Disney XD.
BTW, what does megaman's current fame come from...

This?

I guess kids really like fat men in jumpsuits nowadays...
Mega man has no current fame whatsoever and his company is slowly abandoning him. He's just a washed up has-bin from the 90's. At least Namco cares enough to renew pac-man, Capcom just likes to use megaman as toilet paper and blame the fans for lack of support on his games.

3.) no notable history on consoles not directly related to his arcade games?

That's a bit too specific. How many megaman games do you know don't have the same concept as the original, not many. Most are just side scrolling shooters in which you fight other robots. Same with many other video game characters such a Mario, super Mario bros wii, ds, wii u, and super Mario bros all have the same concept. Of course a video game character is going to stick to their roots to make more money. Its makes the character who they are! Pac-man however has gone through many changes with 3d and what not and actually has been in some great games like the world series, but when he goes back to his roots he's a star like pacman championship edition DX.

I just hope you understand that Pac-Man does have many reasons to be in smash bros (just as many as megaman) and that bashing him for reasons that are either plain bias or just aren't legitimate doesn't make him ineligible for smash.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
>Claims that Wii Fit sold millions, and thus there are millions of Smash fans online that could have guessed her specifically as an E3 reveal.

>Fails to show even one of said guesses.

>Potentially goes into other debates and talks about the online Smash community being insignificant and tiny.

Also, just a warning for when the inevitable storm of weekend leaks start up, I will warn any pseudo-comedian who posts "No Ridley or K. Rool, obviously fake." Take the hilarious jokes to some other thread not meant for serious discussion of leaks.
So then we clearly say he's real. Even after E3 is done, the supposed time these character would've been revealed.
And for that matter, it could've been a joke guess. People constantly throw in oddball characters all the time in their leaks. And this one's no different.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'll be honest here, Snake is the one and only character that I actually don't want to come back. He barely has any games on Nintendo systems (and no recent ones barring remakes) and just sticks out like a sore thumb compared to everyone else in the roster. I know many disagree with such a statement, and I wouldn't throw a fit if he did return, but I'd still be more happy if he didn't.

In fact, and I know I'll get flamed to high heaven for this, but I'd even prefer if Pac-Man replaced Snake.

But, as everyone on the internet loves to say, that's just my opinion.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
just dare one of you guys manifest some hate against Palutena or a Fire Emblem character for you see what happens, but with Pac-Man people seems to have a necessity to complain lol, the maximum icon of videogames receiving such reception is so ugly (of people's part, of course). I'm just so convinced about Pac's presence in Smash (and so happy about this) that doesn't even care about discuss anymore.. I'm just waiting his trailer. =P

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So then we clearly say he's real. Even after E3 is done, the supposed time these character would've been revealed.
And for that matter, it could've been a joke guess. People constantly throw in oddball characters all the time in their leaks. And this one's no different.
If any characters were "thrown into" the E3 leak, they were Little Mac, Mii, and Pacman, because out of the six, those were the safest bets (though, depending on how much Relevance Kool-Aid one was drinking, Mega Man was arguable as well). As many have said earlier in relation to the Pokemon X/Y reveal, leaks can be partially correct and partially incorrect, after all.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
just dare one of you guys manifest some hate against Palutena or a Fire Emblem character for you see what happens, but with Pac-Man people seems to have a necessity to complain lol, the maximum icon of videogames receiving such reception is so ugly (of people's part, of course). I'm just so convinced about Pac's presence in Smash (and so happy about this) that doesn't even care about discuss anymore.. I'm just waiting his trailer. =P
Bias against 3rd parties is a problem here. For the most part, it's just people who don't appreciate a character or series not wanting them in the game, plausibility or not. I personally think Pac man has a good chance of getting in the game, but at this point, i'll be happy with whatever Sakurai decides to do, character wise.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think Pac-Man has a good shot, and he deserves it.
I don't want Pac specifically, but I think that he is a gaming icon who definitely deserves to be in Smash Bros.
Moreso than Snake, and I love Snake's inclusion.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I agree its disgusting. It's like some people feel like their lives will end if pac-man is in smash! I respect everyone's opinion, but all the biased hate just pisses me and the rest of the pac supporters off to the nth degree.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Bias against 3rd parties is a problem here. For the most part, it's just people who don't appreciate a character or series not wanting them in the game, plausibility or not. I personally think Pac man has a good chance of getting in the game, but at this point, i'll be happy with whatever Sakurai decides to do, character wise.
I don't think it is bias against third party characters, since most people want Snake to return and Mega Man was well received. It is bias against Pac-Man, which is baffling, because it is one of the biggest icons in gaming. I don't even support 3rd party characters, but I would like Pac-Man to be in SSB4.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
says the user with the Simon Belmont signature..

Bomberman is a Konami character. He fits Smash Bros perfectly
bomberman could actually be pretty cool better then pacman, but simon was apart of the classic nes all stars and it would complete the captian n trinity( pit, megaman)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I think we should frequent more the support thread of each character you doesn't actually support for see the character itself by another perspective..(this worked with me with Ridley) you could like, or not, of course.. but at least, would respect more the opinion.. I think would be very funny if Pac gets in and be an awesome character to play. (which, is what I actually expect, by his abilities =P)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom