• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Even without the rumour, Pacman is very unlikely. Mainly because the only reason people consider him likely, Namco Bandai, has been contradicted by what Sakurai himself has said.

"Adding third-party characters should be considered a very special case. In the last game, when we added Sonic and Snake, there were lots of different hoops to jump through as far as getting approvals and making sure all the parties involved were happy with the way things went. You can consider it a very special circumstance for that to happen. Even in cases like adding Pokemon characters, there are a lot of parties involved and there’s a lot of wrangling. It’s much tougher than people can imagine. I know lots of people have requests and their own ideas about third-party characters that would work, but I want people to understand that adding a third-party character like Mega Man is a very special situation." - From an IGN review of Sakurai, found here.
Being a legendary icon isn't considered a special situation?

andimidna

Smash Master
Ah, I see. You were right not to take his word as proof, I think. Unless he can give details on how the fake was created, I wouldn't believe him either.

Yeah. If it isn't Lady Palutena, it'll probably be someone like Magnus.
I doubt Magnus would get in over both Palutena AND Medusa. They had larger roles than him in his one game, and were in the other games in the series.
Medusa would make a great 3rd rep... but Palutena ftw.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Tons, but all nonsense. The E3 rumor is so enduring in discussion because it actually has some weight, unlike somebody coming on here and saying "K. Rool and Ridley are in and we won't get ________" with absolutely no proof whatsoever.
Though so. That's a shame, would love some pic leaks to drool over. ^^

And yes, I understand that leak is interesting (I personally Believe it, but I rather not butt into this argument).

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Even without the rumour, Pacman is very unlikely. Mainly because the only reason people consider him likely, Namco Bandai, has been contradicted by what Sakurai himself has said.

"Adding third-party characters should be considered a very special case. In the last game, when we added Sonic and Snake, there were lots of different hoops to jump through as far as getting approvals and making sure all the parties involved were happy with the way things went. You can consider it a very special circumstance for that to happen. Even in cases like adding Pokemon characters, there are a lot of parties involved and there’s a lot of wrangling. It’s much tougher than people can imagine. I know lots of people have requests and their own ideas about third-party characters that would work, but I want people to understand that adding a third-party character like Mega Man is a very special situation." - From an IGN review of Sakurai, found here.
Wait, we believe what Sakurai tells us now? :p

For me, all leaks so far are fake, and probably all will be, until like, three or four months up to the release of the game. They kind of ignore many of Sakurai tendencies, going too much, sometimes, for fanservice.
Yeah, I agree. The E3 leak and the Palutena leak have been the only remotely credible ones, and even the Palutena leak is likely fake. Anything that's just somebody claiming to have inside information at this point is total bull.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Being a legendary icon isn't considered a special situation?
Being an arcade hero with no notable history on consoles not directly related to his arcade games, with no connection to Nintendo, and his current fame coming solely from a mediocre TV show, is not a "special situation".

Mega Man was the most requested character, and almost all of his games have been released solely on Nintendo platforms.
Sakurai has stated that he didn't want to include many third-parties, yet he chose Mega Man.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Ah, I see. You were right not to take his word as proof, I think. Unless he can give details on how the fake was created, I wouldn't believe him either.

Yeah. If it isn't Lady Palutena, it'll probably be someone like Magnus.
Or we just won't get a second KI character. If Palutena, who's basically the other main character of the series, can't get in, I don't see how a way lesser one like Magnus would make it.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Even if those Palutena screenshots are fake, I still think she does have a very good chance to be within the SSB Wii U/3DS roster.
yeah it's like with little mac...even if the E3 mii/pac-man leak was wrong he still was always likely to be in the game.

though im in the believing that leak boat... i also believe the palutena leak but either way i think she's probably in the game.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
with no connection to Nintendo.
b-but,

i could play him in mario kart... :crying:
Mega Man was the most requested character, and almost all of his games have been released solely on Nintendo platforms.
Sakurai has stated that he didn't want to include many third-parties, yet he chose Mega Man.
Mega man rocks, (pun completely intended) I'm glad he was chosen for 3rd party. Do you personally think we'll get 3 or 4 third party characters? I'm treating snake as basically confirmed due to Sakurai's prior statements and blind love for metal gear, and i think a bandai newcomer is likely even though they technically aren't getting special treatment.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
b-but,

Mega man rocks, (pun completely intended) I'm glad he was chosen for 3rd party. Do you personally think we'll get 3 or 4 third party characters? I'm treating snake as basically confirmed due to Sakurai's prior statements and blind love for metal gear, and i think a bandai newcomer is likely even though they technically aren't getting special treatment.
But that was in the arcade, where Nintendo doesn't ever release games, and so part of the deal you make a collaborative Arcade cabinet was to include Pacman. Whereas on consoles, Pacman doesn't have that advantage.

I think, considering Sakurai also said around three Third-Parties could happen in Brawl, but didn't, I think three we have is the three we'll get.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
b-but,

Thats always been a hard thing to answer imo,

on one hand snake getting dropped could totally happen...i could also easily see him being kept just like sonic.

2 third party characters added every game wouldn't be that out of the question,

OR 2 third party characters total: sonic/megaman. could also definitely happen.

AND sonic megaman and pac-man for namco (likely cause of the leak) could also happen with snake out...

no idea for sure im the pessimistic type when i make rosters these days so i usually drop snake and just have 3 but who knows for sure.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
All we can do is hope Snake doesn't come back.

In all seriousness, Morbid made a great case for snake
Someone stated this (they brought this notion to my attention) in another thread, but Snake isn't going to be cut as that would be an overt contradiction in his statements. An inherent quality of having no cuts... is having no cuts. So when he stated that, he indirectly implied that Snake was going to return. If he acquired the rights at the time of writing, of course. Needless to say, he did. There is no reason to assume that Snake wasn't included in his 3rd party license acquiring fiasco. He had Mega Man prior to E3 and he presumably had Sonic, again, prior to E3. So it is rational to presume that he also had acquired Snake's rights, thus as there were no cuts, Snake isn't cut.
Metal gear is an amazing series, and dropping an entire franchise off of smash bros would just be sad. (and i want to stick c4 to luma and have it accidentally attach it to it's mother and unwittingly be part of her demise)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
idk, one of the only reasons he was in is because his creator begged Sakurai to add Snake in melee and brawl, and for my reasons, i suck as Snake, and i didn't really think he fit in the smash bros. series.
So you want Sakurai to screw over the many fans Snake has because you don't like him? That's just silly. Not wantng characters to be added because you don't like them makes sesne, but excluding them would be unfair to the fans of that character.

But this isn't the place for that.

Because he is simply annoying and trash. There are many others deserving of his spot.
What does that even mean?

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
So you want Sakurai to screw over the many fans Snake has by excluding him from the new game because you don't like him? That's just silly. Not wantng characters to be added because you don't like them makes sesne, but excluding them would be unfair to the fans of that character.
point taken. but i still stand by saying he's one of my likly characters not to return.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Why don't we discuss this leak here besides talking about Snake.
I have important information for all Smash fans. I have gained access to secret files from Nintendo that unearth quite some interesting features in the game.

First and foremost, the newcomers (in no order of revelation)
-Prince of Sable
-Takamaru
-Shulk
-Megaman
-Palutena
-Little Mac
-Rosalina
-Dixie Kong
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Chrom
-Ghirahim
-Isaac
-*Roy
-*Mewtwo
-Ridley
-Villager
-Poo
-Namco Rep (unspecified)
***Pac-Man no where to be found

Those who have been cut: (a few)
-Snake
-Pokemon Trainer
-R.O.B., possibly, (strange filename that suggested he was still in... not for sure)

A certain file, a video, to be exact, revealed early Adventure mode gameplay.
The mode features character trailers for each character that begins the adventure. For instance, Villager's character trailer depicts him running from the mailbox (as in his reveal trailer) and meeting Mario in Smashville (between the cutscene and battle there is a short loadtime).
Prince of Sable, who is an unfamiliar character in the West, makes his debut in a promotional campaign to support his first American release on the 3DS: サブレの冒険:蛇の森 (trans. Forest Snake: The Adventure of Sablé or Sable's Adventure: The Snake Forest)
Event matches return in some form, difficulties eliminated--difficulties increase toward final event matches similar to SSBM, I suppose. One of the particular event matches I saw was called "King of the Ring" and it was where you had to play as Little Mac and fight Donkey Kong on Mac's stage.

A list of character Assist Trophies provided:
-King Hippo
-King K. Rool
-Ninten
-Lucina
-Someone called Smash Man, however found file both in AsstTrophy/Character and character lists???
Ghirahim, (re-reveal) Mewtwo, Palutena, Prince of Sable would be revealed at E3 2014
Ike is not cut, contrary to popular belief.
Roy returns among others (Mewtwo)

55 characters total including transformations
I hope this information proves valuable to all you smashers!!!
In case it gets deleted, here it is in text.
I think the most interesting part (at least to me) was the part about Sable's new possible 3DS game coming up.
But I'm pretty sure this is fake due to the amount of popular newcomers there.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
point taken. but i still stand by saying he's one of my likly characters not to return.
You never said that, you just said "he didn't fit in" which is opinion because what one thinks constitutes "fitting in" is an opinion. think he fits in fine. If you want to continue our discussion, go here, otherwise this is off-topic banter that I don't want to contribute to.

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 Of course you're the one bringing up a leak with Sable in it.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
It said 6 characters would be shown at E3. 3 were. 1 was shown not at E3, and he trailer had Dedede in it, so it wasn't planed for E3. They wouldn't dd a new clip and make more Doc comments for no reason. Debunked.
The guy never said that he saw the character trealer, he never claimed that there was one. Sal Romano says that he was told about them and only claimed that it was a leak after half of what he was told was right .

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All we can do is hope Snake doesn't come back.
I don't care if Snake doesn't come back... why should the Sony fanboys get Snake when they are always bashing Nintendo consoles plus the Nintendo fans (who don't own Sony or Microsoft consoles) don't get Metal Gear games on Nintendo consoles... only remakes of old Metal Gear games... I mean, if PS4 gets MGS5, then Wii U should get MGS5 too instead of a remake of MGS2 (for example).

I honestly really hope the leak is fake. I'd hate to see the Mii become playable and while I'm not against Pac-Man being in, I'd be against him if he replaced Snake.
The only way Pac-Man could replace Snake is if he somehow inherited Snake's moveset... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
>Leaker gives Sal Romano 6 characters
>Half of the characters are revealed at E3
>4th character is revealed at a later date
>The leak is fake

wat
Because those characters were accurate guesses, so they must be right, right? No. Everyone acts like that was the only leak that ever showed up. There were probably countless "leaks" but because this one guy guessed Wii Fit Trainer, it's automatically true.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Even if those Palutena screenshots are fake, I still think she does have a very good chance to be within the SSB Wii U/3DS roster.
Exactly. I'm worried people will actually think she won't make it in if the leak is proven fake, even though she had a very good chance to begin with.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I really don't think leaks should ONLY be disqualified based on dates. They are an important factor, sure...but plans change sometimes. I'm not even talking about the E3 Leak, only. Let's say a leak said "K.Rool would be the next reveal" and then a random PotD reveals Wario. K.Rool could have been the next planned reveal, but Sakurai wanted to reveal Wario at the last moment.

Of course, this is a slippery slope argument since you can argue this with even more substantial errors. "Well, my source said Lip was in the game but she was cut last minute like Mewtwo in Brawl" or something. I guess the best thing to do is archive even the dead links and reconsider them if they predicted something REALLY unlikely after they were "deconfirmed".

Little Mac doesn't qualify as unlikely, Mii's and Pac Man do. So IMO, I'll reconsider the e3 leak if one of those characters gets announced.

Also, I support Pac-Man...as an AT.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Because those characters were accurate guesses, so they must be right, right? No. Everyone acts like that was the only leak that ever showed up. There were probably countless "leaks" but because this one guy guessed Wii Fit Trainer, it's automatically true.
Because there are 0 documented posts of people claiming Wii fit Trainer to be in the game, there aren't even any joke posts that have her on their lists.

You're also ignoring the fact that all three characters were posted, right before E3.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Because there are 0 documented posts of people claiming Wii fit Trainer to be in the game, there aren't even any joke posts that have her on their lists.

You're also ignoring the fact that all three characters were posted, right before E3.
No I'm not ignoring anything. I'm just dismissing it. Also, 0 documented posts? You can't prove that, mainly because there's no proof of it, because it isn't documented.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
How the hell would Pac-Man replace Snake? This logic doesn't make any sense. :drflip:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So wait, let me get this straight.
A leak came out revealing six characters would be shown only at E3. Only half were shown.
So, apparently, because a fan favorite, one that we've known would be in for a long time, makes an appearance in a Nintendo Direct, outside E3, it's clearly legit again.
Am I missing something here?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom