• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
New one.

[COLLAPSE="MegaGyrados Leak"]
I have been using GameFAQs under another account for several years now. I created this account for the sole purpose of anonymity. I have seen an influx of fake leakers recently on this board. You have absolutely no reason to believe me, and I know that. I don't have a friend that works for Namco, and I didn't have a personal conference with Sakurai. I will not tell you how I got this information, because I could potentially expose myself if I did. I have some information that I'd like to share with you.

-No characters have been cut yet. However, there are characters that have received incredibly low priority, and haven't been completed yet. These characters include Snake, Lucas, and several newcomers such as Chibi Robo, and Isaac from Golden Sun. These characters may not make it in to the final version, as previously stated, little to no work has been done for them.

-Chrom will be the next revealed newcomer.

-Little Mac is in the game, and has been completed. He is planned to be revealed some time around E3, but this could change.

-Bowser Jr is an assist trophy.

-Doshin the Giant is a character that the development team has been playing around with for a while. Currently, he is planned as an assist trophy, but the team wants to make him playable somehow.

-In early development, they were trying to choose a character to join Little Mac as a new retro addition. Takamaru, Excitebiker, and Urban Champion were considered. The team has ruled out Excitebiker. They have started work on both Urban Champion and Takamaru, but have decided that if only one can be included, that Takamaru will receive higher priority.

-Tempo and Tappy are an assist trophy.

-Sylveon, Hawlucha, Xerneas, and Yveltal are all Pokeball Pokemon.

For the sake of not overloading everyone, I shall stop here. I have more information to share, and after Chrom is revealed, I shall share more. This is to show that this leak has credibility.

You can consider this a rumor for now. I will answer some questions, but not all. I will not tell you the full roster. I will not tell you all of the assist trophies. But if you have a smaller question, I might answer it.

Development is almost finalized. Most veterans and newcomers have been finished. But if you think that everything is completely finished, then you are delusional.

Palutena is included.

She is one of the characters that we knew needed to be included. She's also one of the few characters that aren't curveballs.[/COLLAPSE]
I'm appalled that Urban Champion was even considered at all. Even over Excitebiker, who can't even ****ing jump.

This guy must have gotten Sakurai drunk and totally interrogated him. Y'know if he WAS legitimate...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yes, Chrom or bust. The guy said that Chrom would be revealed within a month, though he does not know the exact date. He also claimed that the Mii is playable, Fawful is an Assist Trophy, and there are 44 characters done now, 45 as the ideal goal, and 4-5 that are up in the air, including Snake, Lucas, Chibi-Robo and Isaac. I think it's crap myself, given the similarities between Little Mac and Urban Fighter (why both at once) and because of the Snake thing, but we'll see within a month anyhow.

Two more ****ty vague/generic ones.

[COLLAPSE="Vague/Generic Leak #1"]Regarding the Mario series...

-No newcomers, however plenty of assist trophies including Waluigi, Blue Toad, and Goomba
-Bowser's Train from 3D World, acts as a scrolling stage

-Yoshi will be the next veteran revealed. Overhaul in character design and move set.

-Diddy Kong will be revealed next month, no Dixie kong combo.
-King K Rool will be unlockable
-Rambi is assist trophy

Regarding the Zelda series...

-Zelda's down move is indeed the Phantom Knight
-Sheik is her own character now
-Ghiriam will be unlockable
-Great Sea from Brawl will return

Other interesting info...

-Takamaru was never planned, Little Mac will be selectable from the start
-Shulk is assist trophy, even though there is a Xenoblade Chronicles stage(Colony 6)
-Lucina was never considered, Ike returns to represent Fire Emblem along with Marth
-The black guy from Other M is an assist trophy[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Vague/Generic Leak #2"]
Hello, I have some new information regarding Super Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS. I will not say where I have obtained this info, but only that it is true.
• New characters not shown yet include: Dixie Kong, Little Mac, Shulk, Palutena, Takamaru, Mii, and the pair Chrom&Lucina.
• Mewtwo will return, although completely reworked with transformations in mind.
• The only cuts from Super Smash Brothers Brawl are Snake and the Pokemon Trainer.
• Some of the characters who are similar to others, such as Ganondorf and Falco, have been modified further to separate them greatly from their counterparts.
• Ridley will appear as a stage hazard
• A new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy is the Black Knight
• A new Mario Assist Trophy will be Fawful
• Dillon from the 3DS exclusive “Dillon’s Rolling Western” is an Assist Trophy
• Proto Man from the Mega Man series will also be an Assist Trophy
• Many older or unusual characters were chosen for Assist Trophies. These characters include Prince Sable, Lip, and Dr. Kawashima interestingly enough.
• Several Assist Trophies return from Brawl
• A few of the new stages are: Prison Island from Xenoblade Chronicles, Nutty Noon from Kirby’s Return to Dreamland, Forsaken Fortress from Wind Waker, Bowser’s Castle from the Mario Kart series, and the Aurum Brain from Kid Icarus: Uprising.
That is all the information I would like to share with everyone, thank you for your time.[/COLLAPSE]

*rolls eyes* The first is from a veteran user who is seemingly cashing in on the fad, while the latter is just your typical noob who, like salmonofdoubt said a while back, wants to whip up a quickie leak for attention.

RazorwireTroop

Smash Cadet
I noticed all of you here really bash on each other on many forums and many topics. This game should bring us all together for the love of it. I love this game to death. Idk if I'm late but just saw it on Tumblr lol

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I noticed all of you here really bash on each other on many forums and many topics. This game should bring us all together for the love of it. I love this game to death. Idk if I'm late but just saw it on Tumblr lol
Lol. Posting that pic =/= bashing. I just like that pic and like to use it when the opportunity presents itself.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Yeah, confirmed fake a long time ago, dude. Anyways, to me atleast, I think the screen looks way unorganized, even for just the starting characters. Even then, why would Mewtwo be a starting character?

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
People still think there are going to be unlockable characters?
Why wouldn't there be, that's always been a mainstay of Smash.

Having unlockable characters is fun and Sakurai knows that. It encourages people to try out different characters when they're unlocked, or try different ones when attempting to unlock the character they want to play.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Presumably, unlockables will stay, but if there happens to be an unlockable character who ties into a new release, that character can be revealed as an advertisement.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Presumably, unlockables will stay, but if there happens to be an unlockable character who ties into a new release, that character can be revealed as an advertisement.
Kind of murders any surprise factor when we're going to get supposed unlockable characters revealed early.

So, what's the point?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Kind of murders any surprise factor when we're going to get supposed unlockable characters revealed early.

So, what's the point?
The possibility that some unlockables won't or can't be used to advertise anything, and thus will remain hidden. Or, perhaps, Sakurai wishes to release character cutscenes on his own terms, knowing that they'll be leaked to YouTube day one of release anyway.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord

So, what's the point?
I don't think it's early anymore the game isn't far off and considering that snake was in the first trailer for brawl it's not a new thing

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yes, Chrom or bust. The guy said that Chrom would be revealed within a month, though he does not know the exact date. He also claimed that the Mii is playable, Fawful is an Assist Trophy, and there are 44 characters done now, 45 as the ideal goal, and 4-5 that are up in the air, including Snake, Lucas, Chibi-Robo and Isaac. I think it's crap myself, given the similarities between Little Mac and Urban Fighter (why both at once) and because of the Snake thing, but we'll see within a month anyhow.

-No newcomers, however plenty of assist trophies including Waluigi, Blue Toad, and Goomba

-Yoshi will be the next veteran revealed. Overhaul in character design and move set.

-Rambi is assist trophy

-Shulk is assist trophy, even though there is a Xenoblade Chronicles stage(Colony 6)
-Lucina was never considered, Ike returns to represent Fire Emblem along with Marth

Hello, I have some new information regarding Super Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS. I will not say where I have obtained this info, but only that it is true.
• New characters not shown yet include: Dixie Kong, Little Mac, Shulk, Palutena, Takamaru, Mii, and the pair Chrom&Lucina.
• Mewtwo will return, although completely reworked with transformations in mind.
• The only cuts from Super Smash Brothers Brawl are Snake and the Pokemon Trainer.
• Some of the characters who are similar to others, such as Ganondorf and Falco, have been modified further to separate them greatly from their counterparts.
• Many older or unusual characters were chosen for Assist Trophies. These characters include Prince Sable, Lip, and Dr. Kawashima interestingly enough.
• A few of the new stages are: Prison Island from Xenoblade Chronicles, Nutty Noon from Kirby’s Return to Dreamland, Forsaken Fortress from Wind Waker, Bowser’s Castle from the Mario Kart series, and the Aurum Brain from Kid Icarus: Uprising.
That is all the information I would like to share with everyone, thank you for your time.[/COLLAPSE]

*rolls eyes* The first is from a veteran user who is seemingly cashing in on the fad, while the latter is just your typical noob who, like salmonofdoubt said a while back, wants to whip up a quickie leak for attention.
Dat second one, it just wants to kill my hopes for this game in the AT part. ;-;

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

-Rambi is assist trophy

Get that second one out of my face

D

Deleted member

I got a leak for you guys.

Because of how my account is known for being Entei-themed, Sakurai sent me an e-mail confirming that Entei will once again be a Poke Ball summon.

How nice of him.

Morbi

Scavenger
Because literally just posts ago, you said you didn't want that??
I was joking. I would love to see it happen, you know this. I am "petty," don't you remember?

I am just saying, Palutena and Little Mac are exempt from my feast of tears. I would be the one shedding a tear.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I got a leak for you guys.

Because of how my account is known for being Entei-themed, Sakurai sent me an e-mail confirming that Entei will once again be a Poke Ball summon.

How nice of him.
What a **** leak, 2/10 wouldn't bang, into the trash it goes, see me after class, etc.

D

Deleted member

Sad thing is, my "leak" is probably 100% more accurate than anything non Pre-E3 leak.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I heff leek, in supah smesh sisters Wii universe, MARIO will be playable CAn YOu Beloev it?!?!

Seriously though, why do certain individuals want to create fake leaks? Stop wasting other peoples time with your garbage fanboyish "leaks". :/

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I heff leek, in supah smesh sisters Wii universe, MARIO will be playable CAn YOu Beloev it?!?!

Seriously though, why do certain individuals want to create fake leaks? Stop wasting other peoples time with your garbage fanboyish "leaks". :/
Kids have strange motivations for doing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom