• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Magicant would be a great stage. Wouldn't mind that stage selection honestly, though I think I could do without Bryyo, too many lava stages as is.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
[COLLAPSE="Betternet Roster Leak"]
I'm not going to bother with some vain preface and balderdash in an attempt to establish credibility. Read and think what you will, but remember to come back to this list as more and more revelations show concurrence.

<u>Final Character Roster</u>

1st Row: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo
2nd Row: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Toon Zelda, Pit, Palutena, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Fox, Falco, Krystal, Marth, Chrom & Lucina
3rd Row: Mii, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Ness, Samus, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Little Mac, Takamaru, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man

All names written as announced upon selection.

Cut: Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake
Reworked: Pokemon Trainer

Clarifications and general information are as followed:
- Mewtwo was the final character solidified in the roster.
- Mewtwo will not use either Mega Form.
- Mewtwo's Final Smash is called "Psycho Break".
- Lucario's Final Smash has not been finalized.
- Zelda's transformation into Sheik has not been changed.
- Samus's transformation into Zero Suit Samus has not been changed.
- Pokemon Trainer no longer commands Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard.
- Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash is called "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge".
- Pac-Man will be announced at E3 2014 via Nintendo Direct.
- Ganondorf will be revealed at E3 2014 via Nintendo Direct.
- Release date will be announced at E3 2014: Wii U being "early autumn" and 3DS during the holidays.
- Other characters are at the whim of marketing demands regarding showcasing

Regarding Chrom & Lucina: During the selection screen, the player may choose who to start the match with. Both Chrom and Lucina have a separate moveset and fight individually, save for when any of their specials are used, at which point their partner will materialize (having been out of view in any other circumstance) to perform a combo and switch them out. Their specials are the same in name but perform slightly differently depending on who was in use upon their activation. They share the same Final Smash, which does not induce a swap out. Switching is instant, considering the special being used, and has no transformation delay.

Regarding Krystal: No blaster--she uses her anticipated staff from Star Fox Adventures. Her Final Smash isn't yet decided but is narrowed to the names "Krazoa Spirit", "Krazoa Takes" (which may be a misinterpretation on my end), simply "Krazoa", and "Quake".

That is all I know for the time being. Other details and finishing touches I will learn gradually throughout the first and second quarters, upon which time most information will be pouring out regardless. I'll close in saying that this isn't my first time at the rodeo, fellows, and that I know how this whole routine usually plays out; despite inevitable doubt and ridicule (even though complaints at the "drought of information" are everpresent and ongoing), know that it was my pleasure to share this leaked information with my peers and friends, as it always.
[/COLLAPSE]
In my opinion, this leak actually seems the most realistic. When was this one posted?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@ BKupa666 BKupa666
Wow, quite generous of you to trudge through the thread for the individual leaks like that, thanks!
In APC's absence I might add some of the more notable ones to the OP, especially since it might be a little while for him to return.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Alright, just went back through the thread to dig up the rest of the older "leaks." Some have been proven false, while the vast majority of the others undoubtedly are; this is just for the sake of being comprehensive. APC, feel free to do whatever with these; I'd not put them all in the OP, so as to discourage the attention-mongerers who would make leaks of their own to be "immortalized" there or whatever. Anyhow, here they are, just in case we ever need to reference something.

[COLLAPSE="Journalist Leak"]Hey guys,

I'm a journalist who writes articles for a gaming website . As Super Smash Bros. nears closer and closer to its completion, we've been receiving more and more emails from various senders who claim to know this and claim to know that. For the most part, we tend to just ignore these types of letters, but one in particular has caught our eye. The sender challenged his validity by asking us to wait for two new reveals on our website: Olimar and Luigi. He nailed the reveal of Olimar to the day and mentioned that Luigi would be revealed in an upcoming Nintendo Direct. When I woke up this morning, I instantly thought of this supposed leaker.

Keep in mind, this is in no way definite, and two accurate guesses doesn't prove much of anything. It's for that very reason that I'm posting this on a disguised account on GameFAQs rather than writing an article on our website. (We go over our articles together, and we agreed it's best not to highlight this for now as caution in saving face.) Please take it with a grain of salt, and have fun with it. Here's the letter we received on July 7, 2013:

i got some info for you guys. i'm not working on the game or some sh*t, nor is my uncle sakurai or iwata or what have you. there's some stuff i know and that's that. how can you believe me? well in five days exactly on friday olimar is going to be shown on the smash bros. website in order to promote pikmin 3. it'll be that same very day. later in the summer luigi is going to be revealed in a nintendo direct proclaiming it's year of the luigi. when time has shown that i have some credibility you can come back to this email i suppose. i know the entire roster. i don't know any stages or game modes or sh*t like that cause i don't really care

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Mii
Random

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Ness
Lucas

Link
Zelda/Sheik

Ganondorf
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Chrom/Lucina
Fox
Falco
Krystal

Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Olimar
Captain Falcon
Little Mac
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Mega Man
Sonic
Pac-Man

it's in that exact order on the character roster, each section being a new row. there may be some wild claims in there, well whatever. maybe you'll pay attention to this sometime down the road. have fun with that[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Reddit Leak"]
throwaway account here! i heard some pretty big smash bros news through the grapevine..
-the game’s single player component is an adventure mode very similar to the one found in super smash bros melee
-you can create custom mii characters with different costumes, moves and taunts, and these miis can be saved to individual slots. you can trade miis between platforms and with friends, and you can upload, download and rate miis online. most of the mii parts, like new costumes and attacks, are unlockable.
-stage builder has been greatly expanded upon and has a similar online feature set to the miis
-nintendo will be producing packs of smash bros ar trading cards with original artwork, classic art, character bios, stage descriptions, item descriptions and so on. these cards can be scanned to unlock new mii parts, stage builder parts, music, trophies and other goodies.
-august 2014 is the target release date on both platforms
from what i hear, a little bit of the above is going to be shown off next month in a nintendo direct. so i suppose that’s the best proof i can give you all for now. ignore this post in the meantime if you like, but check back in a month to see how i did.

i believe there's an option to disable miis. they're more a fun distraction than anything else. something for the casual crowd.

heard some more stuff
there’s only one new gameplay mechanic. an invisible meter fills whenever you hit the opponent and when the opponent hits you. when it maxes out the word ‘burst!’ appears on your hud and you can press a+b together on the ground or in the air to strike a pose and send a shockwave out of your character, knocking back anyone in the immediate vicinity. it doesn’t do any damage and is intended to get out of combos or make room between you and the opponents.
little mac is still an assist trophy. my friend has also seen shulk from xenoblade and rosalina as assist trophies.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Jumpman Leak"]Specifically made this account to avoid any trouble.
I'm on these boards and Smash Boards under a different acct. name.
Found out a few things and I'm willing to share. I trust my source, but I haven't seen anything first hand:

-Roster is around 40 characters
-Mewtwo is back
-Dixie Kong, Mii, Jumpman are all in
-ROB, Lucario are back
-Snake is not back
-Bowser Jr. is an Assist Trophy
-There's a stage based on Tetris
-The Cannon Box from Super Mario 3D World is an item

This is everything I know, don't bother to ask me about more information.[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="ThatWasPeachy False Leak"]
Hello. I am a member of the Sora team interested in sharing with the Smash Fans some of the info about the new Smash games. I have been on GameFaqs since 2004, and I would like to protect my reputation as a result of that. All questions asking me about my other account will be ignored.

-The roster size is not finalized, but without time constraints, the game would have a total of 47 characters in it.
-Mewtwo and Roy are both returning. Mewtwo in particular has a revamped moveset using both of his mega evolutions, neither of which are used in his final smash
-As you can tell with the wanted total of characters being 47, there are 6 newcomers.
-The other three newcomers are: Bowser Jr., King K. Rool and Palutena. As they are still in development, it is unknown when they will be revealed.
-Due to the reception of the cuts from Melee, no cuts are planned to happen. This is also the reason for the lack of newcomers. Cuts may happen if time constraints become an issue, but the game is far enough into development where the situation is unlikely.
-Anticipated release date is Q2 2014.
-Kid Icarus receives a console stage based on the Underworld from the NES game. A hazard here is a Reaper that will come around from time to time and will summon reapettes.
-Stages from all past Smash Bros. games will be appearing on the Wii U. Smash 64 stages are: Peach's Castle, Planet Zebes and Sector Z. Melee stages are: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, PokeFloats, Kongo Jungle and Fourside. Brawl will have 7 returning stages, which are: Castle Seige, Skyworld, Distant Planet, WarioWare.Inc, The Summit, Mario Bros. and Flat Zone 2.
-Some of the new assist trophies are: Eggplant Wizard (turns an enemy into an eggplant and they can't attack while in this form. Wears off after 10 seconds), Micaiah (heals the summoner) and Bubbles (shoots out vibrations that cause the broken shield confusion state)
-Not all of the old assist trophies return. Such examples are Little Mac, Waluigi and Jill.
-There is a stage based on Guar Plains from Xenoblade

Now I will explain some info on the three new characters.

Bowser Jr. is a small target with medium weight (a little less than Mario). He uses his paintbrush in battle. His stage entry is appearing from an M in the floor. His down special move is creating paint from his brush. It is a charging move. The longer you charge it, the more goop you make. Standing on the goop has an effect akin to Lip's Stick (a returning item), and slows down your movement. His final Smash is the Koopa Clown Car, where he goes into his Clown Car (complete with the boxing fists). Pressing A releases a fist. Pressing B releases a bomb. The rest of his moveset is currently being worked on.

King K Rool, as expected, is of large height and weight. He is still lighter than Bowser though. His moveset is currently also in the works, but Sakurai is wanting to use abilities from all four of his bossfights (DKC1, DKC2, DKC3 and DK64).

Palutena, a tall and suprisingly heavy female character, also has a moveset in the works. Her moveset is expecting to involve the use of summonable centurions, as well as light projectiles. There has been no work made on her final smash, but there has been discussion about integrating the Chaos Kin.

I am open to sharing more info with you should anything be requested. As this account is considered a new user, I cannot frequently provide content. However, I will answer all questions asked as I am able to (if I have enough daily posts. I will tell you if I do not know the answer to your question).

I'm not in any position where I know what the pic of the day is. Sakurai is the one who decides it without consulting anyone, so I find out when the rest of the world finds out.
We spend time on our weekends discussing what will be in the daily pics just like you guys. We've been wanting to see Yoshi confirmed for weeks now, as he looks really cool. I guess Sakurai is holding out on him to wait for Yoshi's New Island.
We're also almost done the Ice Climbers. 3DS problems were annoying with Nana's AI, but we are very close to getting it perfect. When they are done, all of the Melee veterans, sans Mewtwo and Roy, will be finalized. I don't know what character he plans on working on next. I'm personally hoping for Wario, and that he'll include more moves from Wario Land, like the shoulder charge, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
As for questioning Roy, we do have scouts on the internet that do look at what fans want, and Roy is requested a lot, which is why Sakurai wants to bring him back. We've already got permission from Intelligent Systems to use him, and will be using his Awakening design.
Also forgot to mention that Shulk is an AT. We haven't decided on what effects he will do, as we're still working on the model.

The roster has been finalized in terms of "These are the only characters who are being considered for Smash 4". We're hoping to get all of the characters done soon. Beyond the three newcomers and Roy, all we have left to work on are Wario and Wolf, so we're farther along than I might have made it seem.
I wasn't on the development team for Brawl, so I'm afraid I can't provide much context. But from what I heard from my colleagues, the Brawl roster was done so quickly to work on the Adventure mode. But they still hadn't finished Wolf, Jigglypuff or Toon Link at the time, and obviously Sonic wasn't included.
Sakurai has been prioritizing veterans over newcomers, as he doesn't want any fans to be disappointed with any cuts. He only worked on Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer to show off some of the new cast at E3, but they weren't done until all of the first twelve characters were done. Does this make sense and answer your question? If not, ask where you'd like specifications.

Mewtwo and Roy were chosen due to an overwhelming amount of support here in Japan for their return, plus they are really popular in other areas of the world as well. He wanted to bring back Doctor Mario, but once we pitched ideas to him about how to develop Bowser Jr. (I work in concept by the way. We're the guys who make the ideas and pitch them to Sakurai), he didn't want to over saturate the Mario characters. We haven't discussed the prospect of DLC characters yet, but if we did, I'd imagine Doctor Mario, and Pichu, would be one, as they each have their fans who want them back in Smash, though they are smaller than Mewtwo and Roy.
As for the other three newcomers, we did bring a lot of ideas to Sakurai, such as Ridley, Little Mac, Takamaru, Chrom (which was surprisingly turned down quickly), Andy, Shulk, Lip, Black Shadow and Starfy. He liked the idea of Bowser Jr. as the painting was something really unique that made him stick out. It wasn't much of a popularity decision, but the kid does have a respectable fanbase in Japan, Europe and the Americas.
King K. Rool was chosen mostly due to popularity reasons. His name was among the most common in all of the places we visited, according to the scouts. He also felt that K. Rool was s sharp contrast to the other characters, and can be partially explained as the reason Bowser was changed.
Palutena was chosen because she's another popular character. I think a lot of the time, people think that we don't listen to our fans, but we really do. Her inclusion also helps bring Sakurai's revival of Kid Icarus to a close. He did want to include her in Brawl, but was unsure of what direction to take with her. Uprising fleshed her out and she was among the first choices Sakurai made (alongside Villager).

I honestly have no idea. We did bring up several ideas, such as Bubbles, Mach Rider, Little Mac, Takamaru and Balloon Fighter. We even brought up DK Junior! We've learned not to question Sakurai, as the long work days and his arm are making him growingly irritable. He really likes his older characters, so I'm as surprised as you are about not including one. Maybe he is including one without consulting us on it, which wouldn't be the first time. Or maybe he wants to make a new Ice Climber game.

Working with Sakurai wasn't the opportunity I was hoping it would be, as he really seemed like such a nice guy from all the interviews. But I'm leaving Sora after this game is done and heading back home to the US and most likely go back to school, which is why I'm okay with being "relieved of my duties" pre-release.

As for why other characters were not chosen:

- Chrom was shot down due to looking too much like Marth. This also went for Lucina as well. His explanation was that characters in a fighting game like Smash Bros. need to stand out from the others, as getting confused who your character is can wreck the match for you.

- We initially planned to include Little Mac, but changed our minds when coming up with concept ideas for him, as he was very one dimensional.

- I don't mean to feed the "too big" crowd by saying this, but Ridley did have programming problems. He is a very time consuming character due to all of his parts (wings, tail, head and claws), and we felt that by choosing not to go ahead with Ridley, we could spend more time working on other characters. We didn't want to copy Charizard's animations as Sakurai has really high standards for this game.

- When Sakurai chooses his "retro" characters (Pit and Ice Climbers), as we found out, he only wants to choose characters who are international. Despite his appearance in Samurai Warriors 3, and a cameo in Nintendo Land, Sakurai felt he was still locked to Japan and denied him.

I didn't say spring release. Q2 implies April to June. And it's looking moreso like it'll be June.

All of the characters will be done by the end of February. We'll be finalizing everything in March, and then getting ready to release it.
[/COLLAPSE]
I'm not going to bother with some vain preface and balderdash in an attempt to establish credibility. Read and think what you will, but remember to come back to this list as more and more revelations show concurrence.

1st Row: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo
2nd Row: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Toon Zelda, Pit, Palutena, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Fox, Falco, Krystal, Marth, Chrom & Lucina
3rd Row: Mii, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Ness, Samus, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Little Mac, Takamaru, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man

- Release date will be announced at E3 2014: Wii U being "early autumn" and 3DS during the holidays.

Regarding Chrom & Lucina: During the selection screen, the player may choose who to start the match with. Both Chrom and Lucina have a separate moveset and fight individually, save for when any of their specials are used, at which point their partner will materialize (having been out of view in any other circumstance) to perform a combo and switch them out. Their specials are the same in name but perform slightly differently depending on who was in use upon their activation. They share the same Final Smash, which does not induce a swap out. Switching is instant, considering the special being used, and has no transformation delay.

Regarding Krystal: No blaster--she uses her anticipated staff from Star Fox Adventures. Her Final Smash isn't yet decided but is narrowed to the names "Krazoa Spirit", "Krazoa Takes" (which may be a misinterpretation on my end), simply "Krazoa", and "Quake".

That is all I know for the time being. Other details and finishing touches I will learn gradually throughout the first and second quarters, upon which time most information will be pouring out regardless. I'll close in saying that this isn't my first time at the rodeo, fellows, and that I know how this whole routine usually plays out; despite inevitable doubt and ridicule (even though complaints at the "drought of information" are everpresent and ongoing), know that it was my pleasure to share this leaked information with my peers and friends, as it always.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Wegenbarth False Leak"]Hello, I'm the Super Smash Brother from the Super Smash Brothers.
I can't reveil my position, but I'm currently employed in working for the next Super Smash Bros Title for the Wii U and the 3DS.

English is not my mother language as it is japanese, so please excuse me for that in advance.

I made this account in disguise, I am using a Waluigi fanboy Avatar and trolled here and there at SmashBoards, in order to not getting noticed by the authorities at Nintendo. I also payed other people to do fake leaks, in order to make a huge mess so nobody knows which one might be true.
Sadly, none of them has the mind of a Sakurai, thus all fake leaks getting destroyed one after another.
I want to show you the current character roster, character changes and stages which are planned for the Wii U, but we aren't finished in deciding which stages should be used in the 3DS Version yet. Regarding Assist Trophies, most of them are usually done late, so they are also not finalized.
I am doing this in order to secretly hype you guys, so SmashBros will be even more succesfull and help with getting the sales for the Wii U up.

Characters:

Sakurai, despite ranting at the start of the development that simply doing a character roster of 50 and calling it the day wouldn't be enough, doesn't mean that you have to expect only a depressive small number of newcomer. After all, this is what makes SmashBros sell the most, if you get what I mean.
Now, with also Rosalina shown, you can guess that Sakurai made weird character choices so far for the fourth installment.
The full planned character rooster is:

Mario (he and Luigi have a Doc costume, which also changes the sound and visuals of the fireballs to a pill. Sakurai initially planned to make
Dr Mario a seperate character like in Melee, but changed his mind as this is less time consuming)
Luigi (see Mario, but his FinalSmash got changed to some kind of vacuum cleaner)
Bowser (most changes to his moveset were already shown. I think he is a pretty good character now. His Ultrasmash got changed so he can be knocked by strong attacks, but he has way more weight and attackpower himself so fighting him isn't a wise idea)
Peach (Her turnips have more different visuals, like in the Super Mario Bros 2 /Doki Doki panic game. Sakurai ranted that he would have changed the normal B attack if the mushroomhat guy was a playable character in SmashBros, and laughed a bit scary.)
Rosalina (when Sakurai mentioned her first, I was as much suprised as you, I can tell. Sakurai spent most of the time on working for a good moveset on this character, as she is rather complex)
Waluigi (I have to admit, he is my favourite character from those who are 100% finished. For this character, he made the whole team think of moveset ideas from the Mario Party and Sports games. He has many suprises on his sleeve, swimming in the air and using "cheat"like moves are some of them)

Link (his boomerang got changed. he now uses something new, which will Sakurai show in January to the public with a picture)
Zelda&Shiek (she keeps her twilight princess look. Nearly nothing changed, despite some balance changes to make her a "bit" stronger.)
ToonLink (he keeps the boomerang. Sakurai is also thinking if he gives YoungLink a glide with the deku-leaf, a thing which Aonuma suggested when he was visiting us)
Ganondorf (He now uses a sword, but with only a few of his attacks. Sakurai felt very guilty to change him at first, but the result made him proud. Some popular moves like his DownAir and Upsmash stayed the same, but his special attacks were all changed)
Tingle (this character is the one I liked the most. Despite the big hate around him, Sakurai made Tingle a fun and tricky character with his a unique Ruby system. This character uses the ballon a lot, allowing him to be longer in the air than peach.)

Pikachu (nothing special, but her voiceactor is really cute, I have to admit)
Purin (I'm not sure how she is called in english, I mean this floaty ballon pokemon which is way better than in Brawl. Sakurai decided to make the Down B stronger again)
Lucario (with the inclusion of Mewtwo, Sakurai wanted us to change his neutral B. I hope you guys will like the new move.)
Mewtwo (he was one of the last characters we had to do. His change are mostly like in Melee, and his ultrasmash is a strong psych move. He said making it a transformation would be too predictable and steal the uniquness from Bowser and Wario)
Poketrainer (despite making some tweeks to the movesets, the only true change is that the stamina system was removed. Sakurai felt it may be too restricting for people who want to master one certain Pokemon)
Pichu (he was easy to implement, as we based most of its moveset on Pikachu. Sakurai said Pichu would only take a minimal ammount of time to make and it would make some people happy to see this one again)

DonkeyKong (he is super strong now)
Diddey + Dixie (we changed his banana move with some new feature called partner swap. Here you can switch between Diddey or Dixie , kinda similar to the Poketrainer. Sakurai also mentioned that he wanted to include Dixie in Brawl already, but due to time problems caused by the Sonic debacle, she wasn't included)
KingKRool (Sakurai took this character from the popularity votes. I was very suprised he was so highly wanted, as most of us thought he was already forgotten)

Yoshi (When I asked Sakurai why he didn't reveil Yoshi yet, he laughed about how the other dragon keeps him hostage until this other dragon is shown. Most of his moves weren't changed a bit)
Magic Koopa (Another nice character with a unique theme. He is a summoner, similar to King Dedede, but mostly relies on his magic and teleportationskills instead of physical combat. Sakurai says he want to make an Event Match similar to the ending of Yoshi's Island with him).

Wario (his sidesmash can now be charged up, kinda like Ike's side special attack.)

Samus (she is powered up, visual wise.)
Without Suit Samus (it's easier now to lose the suit. You only need to downtaunt normaly. And she resemebles more the Samus from Other M)
Ridley (He was a big problem to implement at first. A really huge one. And Sakurai said he won't show Yoshi to the public until Ridley is 100% finished.)

Pit (I guess I don't need to say much to Pit, except that the new final smash isn't final yet.)
Paluntena (She has Pit's old ultrasmash, and she has very weird set of moves. Totally Sakuraistyle. But she is so awesome, I can't wait for the fanpics of her to come out.)

Fox (Not much has changed, but he got slightly buffed in his speed.)
Falco (no longer has a Landmaster, as Sakurai always said he personaly prefers the air, so we gave him an Airwing. He also uses a rocket launcher as a side B, Sakurai wanted to make Falco more ranged oriented while Fox should stay a Melee fighter.)
Wolf (We are still thinking what kind of FinalSmash to give him. For the rest, many moves have changed to make him more different from Falco and Fox)

Kirby (Sakurai talked about giving him an instantwin Combo, but laughed after that. His Stoneform does more damage now and comes way quicker on the ground. And we still haven't done any of his hats)
Metaknight (Sakurai said that people claimed he was way too powerful in Brawl. Yet we left his moveset without changes, since Sakurai liked the idea of having an overpowered monster character)
King Dedede (Everytime when Sakurai plays with him in his testmatches, he laughs as he hears his own voice the whole time. Dedede's Chargehammer was improved, making it a shieldbreaking move.)

Olimar (We decided to reduce his Pikmincount to 3, and to alter some of his moves. His recoverymove includes the Air-Pikmins, for example)

CaptainFalcon (FalconPunch now breaks shields on hit, and his knee hit is a bit easier to hit again)

Marth (Not much to say. Broken as always, and Sakurai gave him more buffs since he often loses with him against other developers)
Roy (People complained about his abscence in Brawl, so Sakurai included him and made him a mix of Marth and Ike, at least speedwise. He has some changes to his original moveset, which are still tweeked, though.
Ike (The hardhitter remained mostly the same. He is a very beginnerfriendly character and should stay like that.)
Tharja (This one was suggested from Intelligent Systems™ as it was their favourite character of their newest game in the series. As we already have 3 swordfighters, we welcomed a female Blackmage. But she is also using a sword for some moves, to make her kinda like a female Ganondorf, with more focus on magic.)

Ness (Sakurai mentioned a glitch from Melee, which we had to purposely reimplement for the tournament gamers. He wasn't changed much, except for his standart-B which is now a move Ness can use in his original games)
Lucas (his recoverymove was changed to make him less similar to Ness, as well as his Ultrasmash, which is now PK Love.)
Man with Mask (Sakurai wanted one villian from the Mother series to include since he loves Mother 3 so much, Porky and Man with Mask were on the list. Including Porky was a bit troublesome, as he was way too big in his robot and there isn't enough space on the disk for two "too big" characters, he decided to include Man with Mask. He is still in development with his moveset.
Important is, he said nobody expects a third Mother character, that's the mainreason why he wants to include one.)

Game&Watch (he has his old Neutral Air move from Melee, his Recovery now gives him twice as much height as in Brawl, but without the gliding cape he had.)

Robot (Sakurai wasn't sure at first to include him again, as many people disliked his addition in Brawl. But then we suggested a Robot model with Ridley parts, in order to make people like him now. His laser has one additional "charge", which is even stronger than the best charge in Brawl.)

IceClimbers (we had some problems with Nana Ai on the 3DS at first, as in 4player matches with 4 IceClimbers it was kinda... I don't want to get reminded how much work it was to get it done. But now it works, so don't worry.)

Little Mac (Sakurai wanted another Retrocharacter, and made another decision between Takumaru and Little Mac. Sakurai reminded himself, saying I need characters who bring something unique to the roster, and as we already had many swordusers, we decided to use Little Mac. He is a very fast combo character with nearly no knockback on his non-smash moves)

Takumaru (one weak later, when we nearly finished Little Mac, Sakurai nearly destroyed our door after he asked how far we are with Takumaru.
When we told him that we decided to include Little Mac, Sakurai made the scariest laugh of his life, and dragged one of my team members to his office. My teammember was seen around 5 weeks later, when we finished Little Mac AND Takumaru's movesets and character model. That was really scary.)

Wii Fit Trainer (I cried when I read that name for the first time. But Sakurai's laugh was too serious for a normal joke attempt. Overall, she is pretty balanced.)

Villager (Sakurai said he wanted another character which could break all fake rosters pre-E3. Since he feared that people might guess Miss Fit, he remembered saying that Villager wouldn't fit for a SmashBros game. He changed his mind and gave him one of the most creative movesets I ever saw.
Villagers Ultrasmash was inspired by a Movie with Nicolas Cage, I guess you all know what I mean.)

Sonic (he is a very fast character, hehe)
Shadow (we were contacted by SEGA officer shortly after SmashBros for Wii U was announced. They said they want to see another Sonic character added, to show their good relationship to Nintendo. Sakurai and SEGA officer then went gambling in a pachinko casino. If Sakurai wins he will add Shadow, if he loses (aka has lost more money than SEGA officer) he will add Tails. What I have learnt from this: NEVER EVER GAMBLE WITH SAKURAI. EVERY TIME HE LAUGHS HE WILL STEAL YOUR LUCK.
Anyway, Shadow is way different from Sonic, with his teleporting moves and time slowing specials)
Megaman (if you could guess what his UltraSmash would be.. Hint: its from the Game MegaMan 3.)
Snake (I don't know what people are thinking when they say that Snake is removed. Sakurai spent so much time contacting his friend Kojima to get the rights again and to discuss changes to his moveset.)

So, we have 16 Newcomers overall, as well as 3 returning veterans from Melee, going up to 54 characters. I hope those are enough characters to keep you entertained for a long while.
Note: Sakurai is aware of the demand for Reggie, but everytime he receives an email which asks him to include Reggie, he laughs and delays SmashBros for a day. So please don't do it.

Finished or "sure to be made" Assisttrophys:

Marioseries:
Hammerbro (same as Brawl)
Lakitu (same as Brawl)
Daisy (she behaves like Waluigi from Brawl, Sakurai calls it "being enraged because another princess got in)
King Bomb Omb (throws some bomb ombs into the stage, which spawn in their activated state)
Proff E Gadd (not finished yet, but Sakurai rants about him using the pencil of koopa junior).
Birdo (shoots some eggs, can be attacked and is pretty weak)
BuuHuu (chases after one enemy, but only if that enemy doesn't look at him. The ghost instantly KO's him, but is only for around 12seconds on the field)

Zeldaseries:
Skullkid (drops something onto the stage. Something bigger than Ridley)
Happy Mask Salesman (not finished yet, he probably plays the Song of Healing, and Sakurai spoke about how he wanted Miyamoto to be in the game)
Vaati (he uses some WindMagic and shadow beams.)
Impa (fast agile character, similar to shiek)

Pokemon:
Giovanni (he either throws in one of three posible pokemon, but we aren't sure which ones yet)

Yoshi:
ShyGuy (this guy who wears a mask and attacks with a spear)

DK:
"Olaf" (that's how I call that character. It's the endboss of Tropical Freeze, whose name we didn't get to know yet)
Cranky Kong (he jumps around the field like Scrooge McDuck from the old NES game, while ranting like Resetti about how everything sucks nowadays)

StarFox:
Andross (same as in Brawl)
Crystal (we weren't sure if we should include her at all, since most of the people hate her. But then, since it's only an assist throphy, it should be fine. She attacks with her spear while riding on a dinosaur)
Slippy (spawns randomly 1 to 3 "gunlike weapons as the SuperScope or Lasergun" around him, similar to the Tingle from Brawl)

Pit:
Medusa (isn't finished yet, so I cant tell much)

Fire Emblem:
Lyndis (same as in Brawl)
Lucina (similar to Samurai Goroh)
Hector (not finished yet)

Kirby:
Knuckle Joe (same as in Brawl)
Marx (not finished yet)
Daroach (spawns many mices, kinda like King Dedede Ultrasmash)

Wario:
Kat&Anna (same as in Brawl)
Ashley (not finished yet, but I'm working on her currently. I wish Sakurai would have made her playable, she has so much potential. But I guess with the rise of female mages in the roster, she was one mage too much for him)
Captain Syrup (not finished, Sakurai thinks about her popping up in coin matches and stealing money)

Metroid Series:
Metroid (same as in Brawl)
"hunter" (one of the characters from Metroid Prime Hunters, I always forget the name)

Rest: (who are finished)
GrayFox (same as in Brawl)
Knuckles (throws some earth rocks at enemies)
Advance Wars (same as in Brawl)
Samurai Goroh (same as in Brawl)

As I said, the list isn't final yet, more are to be added. Sakurai will soon reveil another Assistthrophy on the page smashbros.com

I will talk more about SmashBros Wii U soon. Now I have to leave my office, as we are about to start with the productions of the reveil trailer for King K.Rool for February Direct.

Hello again, I'm the Super Smash Brother from the Super Smash Brothers.

As you already know, I made a fake leak some while ago to distract everyone from what I am about to post now.
This time, I will reveil my real leak regarding the new Super Smash Bros Game for Wii U and 3DS.
I'm a Super-Hackar who finally got into Sakurai's Computer in his work. And I found some interesting things, which I want to share with you.

First of all, it looks like he still uses the old structure from Brawl, as in how the character data is stored, even though with a new type which I can't access. Luckily, Sakurai left also left some .txt notes besides the unusable datas, even thought I have to translate them which will take me some time.

To the Charakter:
As I already joked before and you may have probably noticed, Sakurai is a hell of a troll master. Most of his remaining character choices will leave you with a wide gap in your mouth, maybe not as much as Miss Wii Fit but lets just say more unpredictable then Rosalina. Note: It looks like the characters are already finished, since in those txt files are also changelog notes regarding the balance.

First, we got a Zelda newcomer. It's neither Impa, nor Toon-Zelda, nor Ghirahim.
It's file folder is called SaleTing. I guess you all may probably know what this means.
On the translated txt file was stated that Tingle is the mainfighter, who uses the Masks from the Mask Salesmann for his specials, except for his upair which can be "customized" to his Balloon. From the rest of the informations I could grasp, the Mask Salesman is like the Pokemontrainer in the Background, throwing the mask towards Tingle when he collected enough rubies (which is stated is connected to the amount of damage done to others).
It's also noted that he can choose which Mask to borrow next with his Side-Taunts, as there appears a small box besides his %Number which indicates the next Mask and the cost, as well as his current Rubies.
That's all I can say to that one, but I have to admit this idea sounds awesome.

I will leak the next one when I fully translated the next .txt from Kroco, I'm not sure if it's King K. Rool or not.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="APC99 False Leak"]
Alright, I can say that I know quite a bit about the upcoming game Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U/3DS. I won't say my position, or my history, all you need to know is what I have in store for you.

Let's start off with the name. Yes, the final name IS Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS, no matter how lackluster you think it is. The game, as previously stated, will be in between Melee & Brawl's speed. But, there's more to it.

Some stages that will end up in the game that haven't been shown off yet for the Wii U version are a Rainbow Road stage from Mario Kart, a stage based off Kirby's Epic Yarn (the name isn't final yet), the tower from Nintendo Land, Eternal Tower from Pokemon Rumble and the Glitz Pit from Paper Mario. The 3DS will boast stages like a Tetris stage, a Dillon's Rolling Western-themed desert plain, a Pushmo puzzle, a Canvas Curse-style course much like Mushroomy Kingdom in Brawl, and a Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon stage.

Time for Assist Trophies. Returning ATs include Waluigi, Lakitu, Excitebikes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Gray Fox, Saki, Barbara the Bat and Jeff, although this is not all. A few of the newest ATs are Magnus from Kid Icarus: Uprising, Tom Nook from Animal Crossing (his AT works similarly to Dr. Wright, except he walks around for a while collecting things from fighters as "tax", and then depending on how much he collected, the house will be a different size, shape and design, the lowest being a tent, all the way up to a mansion), Cranky Kong from Donkey Kong Country (He sits on his rocking chair and is basically the new Mr. Resetti, as he complains about how only graphics matter and looks back onto his barrel-throwing days. Contrary to popular belief, the team didn't know about Cranky in Tropical Freeze during development, so he doesn't use his cane to launch dentures or bounce around) and Proto Man from the Mega Man series (The infamous whistle plays over the music of the stage, he teleports in and begins to jump & shoot from his arm cannon, much like in Mega Man 3 for the NES).

Let's get to everybody's favorite part: Characters. Mostly all characters from Brawl are returning, although there is talk of Solid Snake possibly being removed due to issues between Nintendo and Konami, with MGS5 being exclusive to other consoles. Mewtwo will return from Melee, and has improved vastly, with his Final Smash involving his Mega Evolutions from the recent Pokemon X/Y games.

The boxing ring stage is indeed a Punch-Out!! stage, and Little Mac has been promoted from AT to playable character. Little Mac's unique ability is not only the fact that he fights clean (he only uses his fists, not including items), but he also collects stars. Each of his specials are affected by stars. The more stars he has, the more powerful his recovery, the Star Uppercut, is, and his other attacks are boosted in knockback as well. When you use the Star Uppercut, or his Side Special, the Star Charge, where he charges forward, like Bald Bull, and then punches with immense strength. His main way of collecting stars is by successfully hitting an opponent with his special attack, the Star Punch, or by collecting hits with his Down Special, the Counter-Block. The longer you wind the punch, the more stars you get, and for the counter, the stronger the attack lashed towards you, the more stars you get. You can only have 3 stars, but they greatly help Little Mac reach to the top.

The customizable Miis do make an appearance, but are only customizable through appearance, where, in both versions of the game, you can upload your Miis as skins for the avatar, with the default male & female Mii making up the default skin. They use items from Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Sports Resort, Find Mii, Warrior's Way and Nintendo Land to fight.

I don't want to reveal too much, so with that, I give you a good night.[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="GameFAQs PM Leak"]
I am sending this out to random members who have participated in Smash-related threads, so as to avoid excessive screams of "liar" and "fake" (I set my account to block PM after sending these).
Believe me or don't, but I have some information which we have not seen before because, as cliche as this may come of, I know a guy who knows a guy.

As you may have noticed, Nintendo has been trying to embrace indie developers more and more (despite their very limited library as of current).
One such thing they are doing for this -- much in the style of the Earthbound Bombshell -- is release a port of the moderately popular "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure" (for those of you who don't know, this is a satirical 8-bit game based upon Oregon Trails), along with it's sequel "SUPER Super Amazing Wagon Adventure," which is similar to the previous game, but in a moderately higher resolution, and taking much inspiration from and references to SNES-era games.

These include such things as a fight with Mega Man from Mega Man 7 who, midway through the fight, is replaced by the version from Mega Man X for being completely incompetent. Winning will get a wagon called "Wagon Man," in a blatant mockery of the increasing sillyness of the Robot Masters, equipped with a Mega Buster.

You may be asking: "What does this have to do with Smash Bros? I didn't read this message to be told about a mediocre, side-scrolling 2D fighter, I wanted Smash News, or at least a good laugh!"

Well, my friend, you can have both, as, in conjunction with the release of this title, Sakurai will reveal a new stage called "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U," which is essentially a 3D version of SAWA, which travels on an epic journey across the world, doing nothing in particular. Thankfully, ehis is not a Tour Stage, exactly. The fighting always stays atop the wagon, which only tilts occasionally, makes a tremblng-like motion and experiences low gravity to vsrying degrees depending on the cause (climbing a hill and "fording;" escaping a volcanic eruption and dodging projectiles; falling and being in outer space respectively).

Obviously, no character will appear in the stage that is already in the game (besides characters in other stages, which can still appear).

They are, however, adding in an Assist Trophy called "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" or "B8," which, as one may expect, summons buffalo buffalos, which stampede across the stage, and have a chance of all being on fire.

This is all I know, and I won't share more, as I worry too much leaked information in the future might allow someone to "triangulate" the job of the guy that my guy knows.

Thank you for your time,
[Name Redacted]

PS: If you share this -- which I hope you do -- please don't share my username, things are easier that way.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="NotSakurai Leak"]Copying its content over because the dumbarse GameFAQs mods delete all "leaks."

Pardon if the English I use is not the best.

Before I go on and discuss what I know, I am not Sakurai. I am not claiming to have worked on the game, though I have seen some production sketches and even heard about the game progress over dinner with a few of my friends who work on the game. If you do not wish to be spoiled or disappointed, I suggest to stop reading. Now here is what I know for sure.

New Items:

Barrel Cannon from Melee and Donkey Kong

Tiki's Tear, which increases damage given by 1.1X and damage taken .9X. From Fire Emblem Kakusei

Baby Yoshi that blocks projectiles, can wander off stage and can be KO'd. From New Super Mario Brothers U

New Stages Include

Lor Starcutter, which is a peaceful stage that can tilt due to Landia and Magalor Fighting over the Master Crown. This stage is on the Wii U.

Pokemon World Tournament, in which certain Pokemon like Garchomp and Tyranitar will battle. They become a stage hazard when Mega Evolution is in play though! This stage is on the 3DS.

A Chimera Factory stage from Mother 3, in which different chimeras roam, waiting for snack! This stage is on the 3DS

An 8 bit version of Ice Climber, in which players can destroy platforms and use enemies to KO opponents, This stage is on both Wii U and 3DS

Prison Island from Xenoblade, in which Metal Face appears in the background, and is fought in adventure mode. The music is to die for on this stage. This Stage is on the Wii U

No Melee Stage is returning unless you count Battlefield and Final Destination.

New Assist Trophies

Sallya, who uses Dark Magic to damage the opponent and heal her summoner. From Fire Emblem Kakusei

Tails, who can save a summoner from being knocked off only once, but can be KO'd himself.

Magnus from Kid Icarus, who uses his sword to do two strikes, but can be dodged easily.

Character Details

My Unit from Fire Emblem Kakusei is a newcomer. My Unit uses a unique stance change moveset, in order to diversify the Fire Emblem newcomers. There are costumes for both a male and female My Unit. The final smash involves Grima, though Grima is also an adventure mode boss.

Shulk, who uses the Monodo to strengthen his own attributes in battle, and is about as fast as link normally. He is the most recent character to be added into Smash Bros.

Ridley, who Sakurai added in order to please Western Fans. He is the largest character in the game, a bit taller than Bowser. He focuses on aerial combat, and has a hover much like Peach's, His final smash is Meta Ridley

The Pokemon Lineup is Mewtwo, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, and Pokemon Trainer, who reprises his pokemon.

Discussion on Snakes return are vague. The possibility of replacing Solid Snake with Naked Snake is there...

There are no other Mario characters besides Rosalina added, though Dr Mario is a Mario Skin...

The only cut characters are Pichu, Young Link, and Roy. Snake is possible at this point, if only to be replaced by his father, who would be called Snake.

Keep in mind that this is all i know, and this is a throwaway account.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Occopicus Leak"]Okay, here we go. I know I'll get a lot of hate for this, but trust me, I am telling the truth. Anyway, I am best friends with an employee of Namco Bandai and SSB4 developer, who has been telling me some info about SSB4. I've decided to leak it here. First of all, the E3 leak is 100% true.

Little Mac, Pac-Man and the Mii are all characters that are appearing in the game. The Mii can have customizable movesets, but Sakurai balanced it out pretty well with a points system. You have 100 points, and different moves cost a different amount of points. Stronger moves cost more points than weaker ones. There is always 1 free move in each category, so if you run out of points, it's no problem. You can also report offensive Miis during online play. Next, let's move on to Pac-Man.

Pac-Man uses mostly attacks from his arcade game, mixed in with a few moves from the newer games. His main attacks include rolling into enemies, chomping and eating them, and bouncing downwards quickly. He also uses a chain of dots as a tether recovery, and a cherry as an explosive ("Cherry Bomb"). He is currently set to be revealed at E3 2014, although that might change.

Meanwhile, Little Mac has a unique gimmick, Star Collection. The more damage Mac does, the more stars he gets. His Neutral and Up Specials use stars to get stronger. He also borrows moves his enemies use, as well as a zair which uses a boxing glove attached to a chain. Now, let's move on to newcomers you don't know about yet.

As you may be able to tell, Sakurai wants to give most characters a unique gimmick. The 2 other newcomers Sakurai and the team are currently (there will be more) working on shows that. They are Muddy Mole and Zoroark, 2 characters Sakurai found massive potential in. For those who don't know, Muddy Mole is from a retro game called Mole Mania. Muddy's main gimmick is digging. He can dig through the ground by holding down his Down Special. The team is still fixing a few glitches with him, but he's pretty much done.

Meanwhile, Zoroark is the character the team is working on as of now. She will have the Illusion ability, where she disguises herself as another character. If she gets hit, then she will appear normal for a few seconds. Her attacks and hitbox will not change, even if she is disguised as, say, Kirby. It's quite an obvious disguise, but it can sometimes fool people. There are quite a few glitches with her still to work on, so don't expect to see her any time soon.

The uniqueness factor also factors in to other veteran's movesets. Take, for instance, Lucario. He starts out as a Riolu now, and after 20% he becomes a Lucario. After 100%, he evolves into Mega Lucario, who is much stronger. Sadly, since we have both Lucario and Zoroark, this means Mewtwo isn't appearing. Sakurai said that Lucario had a more important role in the games, and decided to not use the anime as a factor of importance this time. Sorry, Mewtwo fans, but just isn't happening.

So, that's all I'll tell you for now, if you have any questions, feel free to ask your questions in the comments! I may not know, but it's worth a try! See you later!
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Almost Every Leak Is Entirely False Leak"]So there's been a flood of "leaks" and "prophets" on here lately.
Or should I say people who say "I'm not prophet. I'm no troll." And then claim to leak copious amounts of information.

Which, as somebody who actually knows a few things, I can say that just about every single leak has almost entirely false information, with any true information being good guesses. Don't believe a single leaker that you read on here. None of them are even close to getting anything right, and I mean literally none of them. The roster is extremely clever, the stages are interesting, the game modes are fun and engaging. Everything is beyond the creative capabilities of anyone on these forums.

Best Smash ever? Hands down. Just wait until the next couple of reveals--there's so much more in store than hasn't been revealed yet that I'm not going to spoil, stuff that nobody else could come up with. I will say that there are a fair amount of hints in some of the daily pictures that are going to be pretty amusing once more is revealed.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="60 Character Roster Leak"]
Ok, so I'm good friends with a developer from Namco Bandai who's working on Smash Bros 4 right now. A couple days ago I asked him about SSB4. He was surprisingly open about the game and told me a huge amount of stuff. I don't like all of it, and I have no proof that all of it, or even any of it is true, but I felt obligated to share.

CHARACTERS

-The Little Mac, Mii, & Pac-Man rumor is true. They were planned to be revealed at E3 2013 along with WFT, Villager, and Mega Man, but after the leak they were taken out of the presentation
-The current plan is for them to be revealed at E3 2014
-Mii will not have a customizable moveset. However, you will be able to load your Miis into the game and play as them
-Dixie Kong is in, not a clone
-Paper Mario is in
-Mewtwo returns w. Melee moveset
-Ridley is in. He's the biggest character in the game and can float like Peach
-Krystal is in
-Shulk is in
-Isaac is in
-Takamaru is in with a new design(I don't have any proof of this, but I assume it's a situation similar to Pit in Brawl, and Nazo no Murasame-jo will get a revival soon).
-KI has 3 reps
-Chibi-Robo is in the roster, but is very low-priority. Work on him hasn't even started yet, so there's a possibility he'll be cut
-Toon Zelda/Tetra is in the same situation as Chibi-Robo
-No cuts from Brawl
-There are currently 4 3rd-parties in the game but more are being discussed
-Prof.Layton has been discussed a lot, but isn't planned right now due to not being iconic like the other 3rd-parties
-Geno was not planned for Brawl, but was discussed in the early stages of SSB4
-A character from Bravely Default was under consideration, but is unlikely
-The Slime from Dragon Quest is probably going to be the next 3rd-party added, if they add one
-SEGA, Namco & Konami have contacted Nintendo about more of their characters in SSB4
-The roster isn't as finalized as people assume it is, but will most likely have 'about 60 characters'
-Villager has a female alternate costume
-HFT is an alt
-Dr. Mario is a Mario alt
-Dr. Luigi is a Luigi alt
-No new Pikmin reps
-No new Mother reps, but Ninten was discussed early on
-Roy will not be in
-Sukapon will not be in
-Harry from Teleroboxer was never even considered. He's 'not sure Nintendo even remembers he exists'
-Daisy is not in because there are more important Mario reps
-Neither Impa nor Tingle is in, but there will be a new Zelda rep
-DK gets a new FS with Rambi
-Falcondorf returns
ASSIST TROPHIES
-Lucina is an AT
-Cranky is an AT
-Tingle is still an AT
-Saki is still an AT
-Mr. Resetti is still an AT
-Magnus is an AT
STAGES
-The Boxing Ring is a Punch-Out stage. Doc Louis appears in the background
-The Lor Starcutter on WiiU
-The Pokemon World Tournament on 3DS
-Thorntail Hollow on WiiU
-Macbeth on 3DS
-Yoshi's New Island on 3DS, and a Yarn Yoshi stage on WiiU
-Murasame Castle on WiiU
-Gaur Plains on Wii U and Central Factory on 3DS
-Tropical Freeze on WiiU & a DKCR stage on 3DS
-Hyrule Castle/Lorule Castle is a stage on 3DS
-Fire Emblem stage on WiiU, will be a specific area(unlike Castle Siege). However, what area has not been decided yet
-Stage builder is better
OTHER
-Focuses more on vs. mode
-DLC is under consideration, but no plans have been made
-Adventure Mode works like Melee's, but with branching paths
-Medusa is a boss in adventure mode
-King K. Rool is a boss in adventure mode. You fight him multiple times in DK's part of adventure mode, with each of his different personas.
-The game will probably release late fall 2014, but there is still a lot of work to do, so it might be pushed to winter.
-Namco and Sakurai are fighting internal battles over the balancing, where Namco wants to do the balancing and take ideas from Project M for movesets, but Sakurai wants to balance the game alone[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak"]
Hello, I am a close friend of the brother of one of the workers at Namco Bandai, coincidentally, I also work at Namco Bandai and am part of the team helping Masahiro Sakurai develop the new Smash Brothers games for Wii U and 3DS. I won't disclose my exact position on the team, as that may risk me getting caught leaking information, however I can tell you that I have seen the game in its latest build and I can tell you the characters in the game that I have seen so far. Keep in mind that I'm only giving a basic description of what I have seen during gameplay, I do not have intimate knowledge of how the characters work.

Starting with the first revealed newcomer, I will shed some light on how a few of the Villager's mechanics seem to work. The Villager's special ability to pick up items and projectiles was very remarkable when I first saw it, it must be timed right or the attack will hit him, and he can only carry one thing at a time. It seems that pressing the button again throws the item or projectile back, he does not have control over certain projectiles (such as PK Thunder or Nikita) and any such projectile will simply fly in a straight path, projectiles like Mario's fireball still bounce in a similar manner. One of the most amazing things I saw him absorb was Pikachu's Thunder attack, when he released it, it flew straight upwards as though in reverse. Villager's recovery move are the balloons from Balloon Fight, they are quick to come out and he rises relatively quickly, however, they can be popped very easily, leaving the Villager helpless to recover. He has a second recovery option in the form of a Gyroid that flies like a rocket, he will quickly jump on it and can fly quite a distance while controlling his upward/downward direction, it works similarly to gliding in that if he flies upwards too much, the rocket will sputter out and begin to fall. Villager can also release the rocket as a projectile attack, it flies much faster and more sporadically in this fashion, though it seems he can slightly control the tilt of it at the exact moment he releases it. The Villager's down special is planting a tree, if not interrupted during the input he will plant and water it at once, though I have seen him plant the sapling only to return to it later to water it. Chopping the tree down is a completely separate input, his forward smash attack is the axe, which he must either fully charge or swing multiple times in order to knock over the tree. Villager's grab involves him swinging his net to catch opponents, once he has caught them he is able to kick them to cause damage before throwing them. His upward throw humorously has him holding the character above his head shortly as though he caught a bug, before he tosses them away. Most of his other moves have been shown in Sakurai's daily pictures and on his character page, though I can confirm that the most turnips I have seen him use at once are five in a bunch.

Moving on to the Wii Fit Trainer, all of her standard attacks are an assortment of different yoga poses that I can't identify, so I will focus on only her special moves. Her recovery move summons three hoops that she spins with to gain upwards momentum, this doesn't have very much horizontal range, but it flies impressively high. Her side special is the Wii Fit ball that she spikes as a projectile, the ball will remain for a short time afterwards and can be knocked around by other players, similarly to the soccer ball item, it has much less power than the soccer ball however. Her down special has her focusing in order to recover health, this requires pressing the button repeatedly, but leaves her vulnerable to attack. Her regular special involves her creating a ball of light that acts as a close range projectile, it can be reflected and absorbed, but does not travel away from her, it simply disappears as quickly as it appears. I can also confirm that she has an alternate male costume, complete with his own voice set, the moveset stays completely intact, however.

Mega Man's moveset has been entirely shown off for the most part, and doesn't need any explanations.

And now for the latest newcomer shown, Rosalina fights in tandem with her summoned Lumas, the Luma will mirror Rosalina's attacks at the direct moment of the input. Her normal special move summons the Luma, when used while a Luma is already out, it will cause the Luma to perform a projectile attack using the star bits from Galaxy. Her side special causes the Luma to fly to and away from her, this is used to position the Luma on the stage, though the Luma will also cause damage on impact during the use of this move. Her down special is a kind of barrier that reflects projectiles over her in an arch, this allows the projectile to hit someone should they be standing behind her, this move also draws in items towards her, including thrown items. Her recovery move is the launch star from Galaxy, this can be angled before firing and causes her to go a decent distance, she also does not end in a helpless animation after using it.

My last piece of information is regarding the latest veteran reveal, Princess Zelda. She retains her moveset from Brawl, complete with a Sheik transformation, the transformation is much faster this time however, almost instantaneous. The Phantom shown in one of her pictures on the website is an assist trophy that attacks with a great slash in front of it's summoner before disappearing. I will return again with more information, next time I will post about new characters that have not been shown yet.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="splat False Leak"]
Hello, everyone. I am part of one of the many localization teams working on the new Smash games, and I have some information that some of you might find interesting. The 'big guns' at Nintendo enjoyed the world-wide launch; they're now pushing it for these games as well. Hear me when I say this, though: my position is a fair bit down the line from the actual game development, so any information I have may be outdated - but I'm pretty certain most of it will make the end product.

I'd love to tell you about the game play, but unfortunately I know little more than most of you.

Sakurai is a brilliant man. I just want to put that out there first, because he really is. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U will absolutely blow your mind.

• As many of you suspected, Little Mac will be included in the new games. Like the Star Fox crew before him, he can active some sort of 'conversation' between him and Doc Louis. Little Mac himself remains mostly silent, but Doc gives some of his typical tongue-in-cheek advice (I got a good chuckle out of a lot of them).
  • Mewtwo will return, though I doubt that will come as a surprise to anyone by now.
  • Assist Trophies will be plentiful, but the exact amount will differ between the two games - as will the amount of Pokémon appearing from Poké Balls. Doshin the Giant, Cranky Kong, Kamek and Metroid (who returns from Brawl) are some of the Assist Trophies I've heard about. Electrode (also returning), Musharna and Inkay are among the new Poké Ball Pokémon.
  • Unova's Pokémon League is set to appear as a playable stage in the 3DS version of the game, the Wii U gets a more generic stage.
  • Palutena will keep her role as Pit's Final Smash.
  • Advance Wars will get some love. Not going to spoil what kind - it's more than just a single Assist Trophy - but what it really is; you'll just have to wait and see.
  • Despite being absent from Brawl, the Red Shell and the Barrel Cannon will be in these games.
  • Finally, alternative costumes will appear to some extent - Sakurai has been hinting at it with the male Wii Fit Trainer. Animal Crossing fans are in for a treat as well: the female Villager will appear as an option too.

Keep in mind (can't stress this enough), some of this may be changed (unlikely though). Enjoy, guys![/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Sandbag Leak"]Yes, I am a new account. Big thing.

I work directly with Sakurai. He discuss with me characters designs, and I help him to clean up the roster. He initially wanted the game to have 60 characters, but I helped him to cut that to 49. Some of the characters we had to cut were Nintendog, that I explained him that would cause problems at the western. Well, let's see... Let's start, may we?

The Mario series is settled. Sakurai already started discussion rooms if we may or may not add other rep to the series, but only in a later game.

The Zelda series will get as a playable character Tingle. It will be revealed in next E3. He will have a moveset based on items used on the Wind Waker games, and on rupees.

The Pokémon series will get Mewtwo as a returning veteran, and will have Pokémon trainer's Squirtle and Ivysaur cut. Charizard will be revealed within a random date, and Mewtwo will be revealed at the end of E3 smash trailer. Lucario is back.

The Starfox series won't change, even though Krystal will appear as an Assist Trophy.

Donkey Kong series will get a new rep, King K. Rool. Diddy Kong will be revealed in February 13th, following the release date pattern. K.Rool will be a secret character.

Ridley will appear as an Stage Hazard. Zero Suit Samus is back as never.

Kid Icarus got Palutena as an starting character and Hades as an secret character. Palutena will be revealed in a direct.

Chrom is now with Fire Emblem as an starting character, and Marth stays a secret one. Ike was cut. Chrom will be announced along at E3.

Talking with 3rd parties, as Nintendo hasn't got many support in 2014, the reps are going to be Sonic, Snake and Mega Man. Snake only stays for already having a moveset ready, that will be basically control C'ed from Brawl. He will be one of the two characters without a cartoonish look.

Meta Knight will be nerfed to stay at middle tier.

All Final Smashes but Samus's and Bowser's were changed.

Instead if Stickers now there are stamps. 200 stamps are within the game, from all represented series.

Lucas and Ness are back. Lucas will be revealed at April 20th, Mother 3's anniversary. Ness will be unlockable.

All retro characters are back too, and Takamaru joined the brawl. He has many shuriken based moves. Ice Climbers will be revealed at a random date, and all others will be secret.

Wii Fit Trainer isn't the oddball character if this game. Sakurai added the Sandbag as an starting character. It is a very unique and interesting character. Sandbag will be the next newcomer, revealed January 31st, Brawls anniversary.

Ganondorf is still a clone. He will be secretl

Sheik is still a Zelda transformation. Sheik will be revealed on an June Nintendo Direct that hypes Zelda Wii U at E3.

Captain Falcon is back too, as Wario. Wario will be revealed March 21st, three days before Mario Kart 8 release. Cpt. Falcon will be secret.

Sakurai discussed with me the addition of a Primid character, but after some discussion, her left the idea.

Paper Mario will be a newcomer. He will represent his own series. He has a unique moveset, and was added because of his unique potential. He will be revealed in August, and will be the last revealed newcomer.

The game will come out in early September.

Little Mac will be a secret character.

Mii will be revealed at May, on a Nintendo Direct.

That makes 46 characters. The other 3 are kept in secret for everyone but Sakurai and his main designer. However the rumors I heard here is that they are Dillon, Isaac and another oddball character.

There will be several new modes and features.

More coming soon, if anything happens in the planning I may warn you.

Oops, forgot Olimar.

The cuts are: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ike.

Any questions please PM me. I might not be able to post so much messages...

Some answers:

Tiers are not a secret world between yourselves. Sakurai has a team just to check what words people are using.

Sandbag was added because Sakurai.

He wanted initially Nintencat, than he changed it to Nintendog, then we scrapped him. Character we would use are Shulk and Lip. Sakurai is a very strange man. He insisted on adding Groose, but I decided Tingle would satisfy him and wouldn't put the Fanbase in fire. Seriously, they should hire someone else.

Well, great enough. The stages aren't exactly my area, but I got knowing that Zelda's Temple is back. Other stages that are back are New Pork City and Pirate Ship. New stages are coded right here on my computer as Ito_Y, Oba_keikoku, Master_Tower, PM_Stage and Pkmn3.

Assist Trophies include Prince Poo, Isabelle, Lissa and Bass.

I would type more, but have to work now.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Illiterate Leak (#1)"]"first i want to say that i know a little things about super smash bros wii u. you dont have to believe me, but i promise that what i tell is the thruth! excuse for my worse english!

there are a lot new stages in this games and there very exciting! i made a list of stages that i know right now:

- the large spaceship from the kirby game for the wii will be in the wii u version, i dont know what its called in english but its an stage that looks like an stage in melee.
- a nother stage is the prison island from xenoblade, also for the wii u version
- world tournament from pokemon will be a stage for 3ds version

now about the characters, i know a few that will make appear:

- rosetta from mario galaxy is a character. she fights with luma! she is like olimar and ice climbers in brawl.
- little mac from punch out. he fights with his fists and is very quickly
- mii from the wii. you can use youre own miis from the channel
- shulk from xenoblade will be a character to. i am sure you will look forward to see him on the screen
- there is too another girl. she is from fire emblem and had red hair, but i dont memorize what her name was. she was fighting with knives and a staff.
- pac man is in the game, he even has red shoes!
- parutena from mirror of parutena is also in the game. she can fly and nurse.
- mewtwo is returning from melee
- ness, dedede, purin, yoshi, ganon and falco will return from brawl

there will be more characters but i forgot some. im sorry that i dont know more, but i hope i helped a bit . i will post some more when i find out!! goodbye!"[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="MisterVideoGaming False Leak"]
Say? Remember that Character page no-one could get in. I, however, was able. (Can't explain how.)
Also a couple pages are unfinished, but hey, there's names...
From a quick glance, I was able to see the following:
A couple characters from Melee that were taken out in Brawl (like Roy, and guess who?)

Some newcomers, not along the numbers of Brawl. But hopefully enough for now... I'll count later.

The big 3 (Ridley, Mac, Palutena) are in, I'm assuming due to their massive popularity.

I saw Lucario and Mewtwo, so that's nice. But I didn't see Snake, maybe the page is just not in a presentable state yet...

Nothing on Pac-man, though I could've missed him. Just to say, excitement got the best of me. So I didn't exactly do a thorough search.
I saw a couple new stage within the pictures, I'll analyze them later and see where they're from.
I saw character pages for Jigglypuff, assuming here that it means characters will be reavealed even after the release date.
That's all I have, I'll find some other stuff later.
Note: I understand, new user. But I didn't have an existing Username. And was too excited so I made one on the spot...[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak ('Tis Fake!)"]I have a new “leak” for you all to speculate about. Let me just get the story out of the way first, then we’ll get down to the content.

My friend loves Smash almost as much as I do. He’s in his low twenties, an American, semi-active on the competitive scene… and a real troll. A few days before Zelda’s reveal, he told me that he knew the character roster. I didn’t believe him. I mean, this is the guy who tried to tell me before E3 that they’d be showing off Ridley, Takamaru, Tom Nook, and Pac-Man… and we all know how that turned out. I asked him how he knew the roster, and he told me he has a “source” and gave me a big wink. He told me the roster, and when I said I was highly skeptical, he let loose a few other facts. He gave the exact date for Zelda’s reveal, said that Dedede would be revealed this week, and told me Diddy was to be shown the week Tropical Freeze launched in Japan. Even when Zelda was confirmed, however, I was still highly skeptical; it wasn’t that hard to predict. I told him so, and he gave me this little tidbit: Dedede would be revealed… but his Waddle Dee Toss wouldn’t be because it was removed from the game.

Well, we haven’t seen the Waddle Dee Toss yet, and until we do, I day he has a shred of credibility. I still personally don’t believe this “leak,” but there’s now enough evidence to at least post it online. Here’s the roster as he outlined it for me.

-Mega Man, Villager, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer. Duh. They showed them already.

-Mii, Pac-Man, and Little Mac. My friend said the E3 Leaker mentioned these three because they were the only other newcomers who were “presentable” back at E3. He figures the leaker just listed all six characters that could possibly be revealed. Of note: Miis apparently can be three different sizes and have a moveset influenced by Find Me, Pilot Wings, and the “Wii Games;” smaller Miis are quick and weak, bigger Miis are slower and stronger, etc.

-Waddle Dee. That’s why the Waddle Dee toss has been removed; apparently, he doesn’t wear a bandana as anything other than a recolor. His basic look is a normal Waddle Dee.

-Zoroark. He’s got something illusion attacks, but my friend couldn’t specify because he wasn’t all that sure of how they’d work himself.

-Ridley. Supposedly, he’s the biggest character in the game, towering over Bowser. Other M design, of course.

-Hades. Palutena supposedly has a codec series with Pit, but Hades is playable. My friend couldn’t elaborate on how Hades plays.

-Mewtwo is being treated like a newcomer. My friend didn’t mention if he had any of his Megas or if one of them was his base form. Actually, he didn’t really say anything about Mewtwo, other than that he was playable and being treated like a newcomer. I’ll grill him on this later.

-The final newcomer is “The Hand.” My friend thought it was a stupid idea, but he said his “source” was really excited about it. Apparently, he’s a Bowser-sized version of Master Hand fitted to be a playable character. He’s got moves that are weaker, less punishable versions of the ones Master Hand uses; he can be knocked back, but is heavy and floats right above the ground. Apparently, they ran with the idea after playing around with the Melee Master Hand glitch early in development.

-Snake, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B., Lucas, and Wolf are gone. The latter four are “proposed” for DLC, as are Roy, Toon Zelda, K. Rool, and Chrom. They apparently haven’t decided if they are doing DLC, or which of the eight characters they would do.

I did the calculations myself, and came to conclude that there are apparently 45 characters (43 slots) before DLC , once you make the cuts and add the thirteen newcomers.
I didn’t really ask my friend much else about things other than characters (last time I talked to him, I didn’t believe him at all. Now, I still don’t put much faith in it, but he has a shred of credibility). Apparently, though, there’s a Pile-on [my words, not his] Mode, which is sort of like tag—all players must take down the person who has a halo behind them. Also, Race to the Finish is supposedly coming back, but I don’t have any details.

Please don’t take this “leak” too seriously, but keep it in the back of your mind. I think that if my friend actually believed it, he would have posted it himself, as he also checks in occasionally on the speculation. As you can see, I’m not on my main account; I’m a more respected poster here (well, as respected as you can get on here), and I don’t want to sully my name posting a leak that is probably fake.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Early February 2013 Crap Leak"]
Hello, I am a former Namco-Bandai worker who was fired from the company about two years ago (moved to the US recently). I know a bit of information about the next Super Smash Brothers as two of my good friends back in Japan are working on it. I don't know too much, certainly not what they are showing at E3 (as that is locked up tight). I do know a few things however and I'm willing to share, provided no one tries to get me in trouble.

(His reasoning as to why he no longer works at Namco-Bandai)
Embarrassing as it is, I had a severe porn addiction and ended up watching porn at work on more than one occasion. I got fired pretty quickly as I was easily replaceable. It was a terrible time in my life.

I decided I wanted to leak this information but from browsing GameFAQs I knew I'd rather start off somewhere small so I could slowly gain a following. I went looking for Nintendo fan forums. The first one I found was called Nintendo Fan Forum and it nearly gave my computer a trojan (Avast saved me). I spent a few hours looking and eventually I found someone on another forum (it was 4 am so I'm blanking on the name) mention this board. I came here and saw it had a relatively small Smash community so I figured I'd start here. If I start small, maybe the information will move farther away from my identity. I don't want to get in any trouble.

(the actual info he "leaked")
Alright, people wanted to know what I know, and it isn't a whole lot.

From my legal department connection:

Roster is pretty much finalized with two third party deals still being negotiated. Roster decisions went on for too long in both Brawl and Melee.

Early on, they had a little fun employee poll on which new Nintendo characters they'd like to see. Top three were Ridley, Tingle, and Professor Layton (the whole legal team apparently LOVES Layton).

SEGA and Konami are obviously negotiated again to have Sonic and Snake back. Namco obviously is getting a character ("Three guesses on that one" he said).

Capcom is discussing to have a character added, but Megaman is off the table.

One of the possible third parties is "a big shocker" from "a more adult game".

No Square Enix, no Ubisoft.

From my friend who does models:

Working on a stage from Other M, says it's the room where you fight Ridley.

Worked on some items, new ones include a second laser gun with a different style of attack (he claims) and a wrench.

Knows someone who is modelling a K.K. Slider assist trophy (disappointed him because that's his favorite Nintendo character).

He doesn't do character models.

There's at least two new female characters (he won't tell me who).

Two characters are "on the chopping block" (again, won't tell me who).

Game will have over 40 characters.

Ganondorf is getting a new moveset.

~~~

That's all I know. Sorry I can't confirm more.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made"]
Now I know what youre thinking. Im a fake like all the others. Well, Im not. Im an actual developer of Namco-Bandai working on SSB4. I know the entire roster Sakurai has planned. Here are the characters planned:

Mario/Yoshi/Wario series: Nothing new except Rosalina.

DK series: Dixie and Kiddy are a newcomer tag-team, who act like a combo of the Ice Climbers and Zelda/Sheik. They are a transformation character, but the character not being used attacks as a CPU.

Zelda series: There will be a newcomer, Midna. She rides on Wolf Link, and is very unique because of the mount. Actully, she was the only reason Sakurai chose the Twilight Princess designs over the SS ones!

Metroid, Kid Icarus, Kirby, F-Zero and Pikmin series: Nothing new here.

Star Fox series: Fox and Falco. Wolf was cut.

Pokémon series: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo, Blaziken. Pokémon Trainer was cut. Blaziken borrows moves from Infernape and Emboar, like Heat Crash.

Fire Emblem series: Marth, Roy and Tharja. Ike was cut. Roy was chosen as a fan-favorite, but sadly, he has a moveset ported from Melee, meaning he will be a clone. Tharja will be very unique, and was chosen to be different from Marth and Roy.

Earthbound series: Just Ness.

Retro series: 2 newcomers: Muddy Mole and Duck Hunt Dog. Muddy Moles digging ability is implemented into his move set and, I must say, is very fun to play around with. Duck Hunt Dog is also very interesting in that you can target people with the joystick and shoot them from the 4th wall.

Other series: The Little Mac/Pac-Man/Mii rumor is true. Miis have a customizable moveset, although is is balanced out very well in my opinion. Little Mac has a very unique gimmick of Star Collection as well, where he can get stars by dealing damage. Those stars improve his Neutral and Up Special's power. Snake's been cut as well.

Assist Trophies: All the assist trophies from Brawl return, except Gray Fox. In addition, there is a new Kid Icarus assist trophie, the Eggplant Wizard. Many other trophies are added as well.

There are also bosses only on the Wii U version that a 5th player can control with the Gamepad. The bosses include Hydreigon, Yin-Yarn, King Boo, Dr. Kawashima, and of course Yellow Devil. In the adventure mode on both versions, before fighting Master Hand, you fight the new Fighting Android Crew, which are 4 robots that can transform into random fighters at will. On the 3DS, instead of the boss battles, Target Smash will return and will be like Melee's, but with only 1 level per franchise.

So, that's about all I know, but I might know any answers to questions you ask in the comments! Feel free to ask anything you want, but I still might not know it. Peace out![/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Generic Short New Namco Leak"]I work for Bandai Namco and I am currently involved in development of the next Super Smash Brothers. Obviously I do not directly work with Sakurai nor do I have the full roster of Super Smash Brothers 4. Sakurai tries his best to keep all that information locked up tight. However, I have talked to a few coworkers and managed to get a decent amount of information.

-The Mii has been completed, but Sakurai is waiting to reveal the character. The Mii's moveset is loosely based off of the sports games.

-Ness, Ike, and R.O.B are all returning primarily the same.

-Little Mac and King K Rool are planned for the roster, but development for them has not yet begun

-Mewtwo is in early development. Mewtwo uses elements from Pokemon X and Y, including Mewtwo's mega evolutions.

However this is all I currently know, but I will make another post if I happen to learn anything else.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak"]
Pokemon X Tekken. Roster of fighting types and humanoid Pokemon. Hawlucha/Lucario/Blaziken are the poster boys. Will be ready for Fall, unless delayed, but scuttlebutt is that it may be held off to give distance from Smash. Will use NFC.
)Pokemon X Animal Crossing is being announced for hype, but the intention is to release 2015. 3DS. You are a human who is transformed into Pikachu/Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie. Villagers are baby/basic Pokemon and other cute ones. Diggersby takes on Tom Nook role.
)Seaman: Mysterious Pet With The Human Face for 3DS. 2014. Sequel to Seaman.
)Glory of Heracles 3DS. 2014.
)Metroid Fracture 3DS Fall/Winter 2014. Intends to hit after Smash to one-two the hardcore audience on 3DS. 2.5D, Super Metroid art-style.
)Custom Robo and Starfy sequels coming to eShop. Franchises/developers deemed too small for retail. Custom Robo August, Starfy April.
)TGC Battle Simulator coming to Wii U. New cards will be readable via NFC for in-game play. Spiritual sequel to TGC GB games.
)Rhythm Heaven: 3Dance to be big casual title 2014.
)’X’ is Xenodoll in Japan. Treehouse rocked with laughter, apparently waiting on legal for final Western name.
)Steeldivers Subwars launching post-Direct. Strategic announcement to appease ‘IOS’ investors. F2P is great for players, lucky to make any money off it. Bosses apparently very worried about ripping people off. Too worried.
)Mii for Smash 4 announcement. JP will feature Iwata Mii footage, US Reggie, EU Shibata. Trailer will start with a Wii Sports Club Baseball fake-out.
)IntSys has Hikuoku for eShop, sequel to Crashmo for Wii U. Heard US name was Puzzmo. Still sounds dumb, but better then Puzzblox, poor EU. Players pull blocks from gamepad to fit inside a structure to reach goal.
)Dillion is coming to U eShop. Had bigger plans for franchise, but poor sales of sequel got them downgraded. Vanpool is on shaky ground after PMSS was poorly received in West.
)MK8 is launching April 3rd in JP. Shipments will be counted as Q4FY2014 – basically a business move.
)MK8 is eating resources at EAD. Over 140 people on staff, mostly old Pikmin/Nintendo Land people. E3 2013 build had ~13 months of dev time. Once done, bulk of staff moves to ACU and Zelda U. Bosses want one out for Christmas this year. Lots of sleepless nights.
)Zelda U is a bit of a mess due to Aonuma focusing on WWHD and ALBW. Miyamoto had to step in. No tea table flipping, just a casual reminder to the team what Zelda was about. Graphically it looks ok, but artists can’t keep up with production + constant dungeon layout changes. Gameplay uses 2-screen secret discovery gimmick that was for a scrapped new franchise. ALBW being received well has encouraged the team.
)SNES Remix is a possibility. NES Remix apparently already broke short term expectations. That’s Tokyo though, so may be more wishful thinking than knowledge.
)Old guard struggling with HD. What they think is fine, new grads and young staff say needs more time. This is what is delaying projects. G&W was supposed to be out 3 weeks after launch but graphically wasn’t ready. Bosses getting impatient, need software done yesterday.

[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Neoseeker Leak (#1)"]
"I moved to the United States about a year ago. I learned English, got a job, and am pretty content here. I stayed in contact with a few of my buddies back in Japan. One works for Nintendo and is involved in the development of Super Smash Brothers 4. I just gained interest in the game and asked him if he could share a few details. He was reluctant at first, but did anyway.

-Ridley is among one of the newcomers. He is the largest character and his final smash is Omega Ridley.

-Pyrosphere is Ridley's home stage.

-The Metroid assist trophy returns

-Anthony Higgs is a new Metroid assist trophy

-Little Mac is another newcomer. He is very quick and has a decent recovery so Little Mac is hard to KO.

-Boxing Ring is Little Mac's home stage

-King Hippo is the Punch Out!! assist trophy

-Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, and Hector are some of the new assist trophies"[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Basty Leak"]
I have a rumor my friend that works at Nintendo told me about but I'm not 100% certain if it's trues
-Ridley is a newcomer
-Rayman was considered before Rayman Legends was multi-platform
-Bomberman was considered when Hudson Soft was still alive
-Dixie Kong is playable on her own
-Sheik is still playable
-The Phantom is an Assist Trophy
-Snake is Cut
-Ike is Cut
-Lucario is Cut
-The Kalos Trainer and Kanto Trainer both have code in the game but only one will stay
-Jigglypuff is staying
-The names Kamek and Kat and Ana have been heard in the office where they make Smash Bros
-Diddy Kong will be revealed on Feburary 13th
-Mewtwo is back
-Mario almost had Cowboy Mario as an Alternate Costume
-Cookie Country is a stage (Wii U)
-Knuckles was considered playable but now is an Assist Trophy
-Starfy was not considered playable
-Yoshi is staying (For those who worry too much)
-Meta Knight is Staying
-Their is a Pokemon Stadium 3 Stage (Wii U)
-Luigi gets a new Final Smash
My friend knows more so I will ask about it

My friend got me some more information (Remember I am not 100% sure if this is true he might be pulling my leg)
-Dr Mario is a Mario Costume
-Kalos Trainer would own Chespin Braxien Greninja
-Blue Toad was considered
-Stork is not a playable character (lulz)
-Shulk is a newcomer
-Chrom Replaces Ike
-There is another Fire Emblem Character (Most Likely Lucina)
-Impa is Considered Playable
-Lorr Starcutter is a stage
-Kat and Ana are no longer Assist Trophys (He Doesn't know what they are now)
-Waluigi is still an Assist Trophy
-Luigi's Mansion is a stage for 3DS[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="legendofrob1 False Leak"]
Hey guys, I actually know someone over at japan, (trust me on this one) and he's friends with someone who is working on the game. more specifically, they got a new-to-the-industry musician to do re-makes of songs. that being said, most of the stuff he knows about are music that he's hired to re-make, but at the same time he did hear (and see) a few things. apparently he has also played with Mr. Sakuri during one or two lunch breaks, so he knows a little bit about the newcomers, as well as a couple stages. here's what he knows at this point.
-There is going to be another mario stage, but right now it's in the planning stage. it's either going to be a Bowser's castle stage, or it's going to be a Bomb-omb Battlefield stage. my friend's friend attended the meeting of the stage to discuss whether to create a new BGM for the stage or rip music from Super Mario Galaxy.
-A new Yoshi stage, based off Yoshi's New Island. it will appear on the 3DS.
-Kamek is an assist trophy, he flies across the top with magic that will randomly either grow or shrink all players.
-The Stork will appear as playable, with inspiration taken from the babies in Yoshi's Island DS
-Mona was added as a playable character. rumor that she was added just so Sakuri could see how many costumes he could fit onto one character without eating up too much development time.
-There is also a new DK stage, which is frozen DK island from Donkey Kong Country Returns. a stage for DKC is also present in the 3DS version, which can be seen in the first trailer.
-Cranky Kong is an assist trophy that serves a purpose similar to Mr. Resetti.
-Dixie Kong is supposedly in alpha stages if office chat is correct, King K. Rool is supposedly also planned, and work will begin on him shortly.
-Pokemon has a new stage, Lumoise city. My friend was asked to compose any pokemon music he would like, so he's making "The Sea of Time" from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time fit the setting.
-All Pokemon veterans return. Pichu is in the background of the stage as a cameo.
-Kirby's Epic Yarn stage exists, it's combined with the Yarn Yoshi stage. it's a 50/50 chance whether the background elements resemble the yarn/fabric segments of Yarn Yoshi or Kirby's Epic Yarn.
-no info on any new kirby character, except Meta Knight has been balanced more properly
-Pyrosphere apparently has an amazing remix of Ridley's theme.
-Ridley was managed to be resized. apparently when someone came to sakuri with ridley's first model, which was based off other M, he flipped out and demanded a model based off Super Metroid's Ridley. according to my friend it was the talk of the office for a while.
-Sector Z from the first smash comes back in HD. the cast of star fox should stay the same.
-Saturn Valley is a new Mother stage.
-the Punch-Out!! stage is indeed a Punch-out stage, currently labled "Smash Circuit". It has mostly Punch-Out songs, with one Kirby track to accommodate the many wrestling rings in the Kirby games, the track is a remix of "Masked Dedede".
-Little Mac is a newcomer, and is mostly complete for the most part.
-Kid Icarus has a new character, Palutena, who was supposedly one of the first newcomers "finished".
also, he's just a music guy, so he doesn't know any of the announcment dates, sorry.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Illiterate Leak (#2)"]i'm not going to bother with how i know this but to prove i'm legit captain falcon will be announced on the 21st,

the roster has similar layout to brawl and 10 by 5 in size giving us 49 characters.
first off: mario, you've seen all of them.
mario spin offs: the dk series does have a newcomer and its cranky kong, using his cane attack, wario and yoshi are back aswell, dixie will be an assist trophy to those upset about her not being playable
next up zelda: ganondorf is back and sadly he has his tp design, so does shiek, the zelda newcomer in this is tingle, alot of his moves have a confetti effect to it,
now for space characters, metroid and star fox: zero suit is back with her other m design and ridley is playable with a design similar to both other m and brawl, he uses his claws and tail to for most of his attack, the star fox characters are unchanged, sorry krystal fans.
sakurais ips next, kirby and kidicarus: meta knights back and toned down, he can't move when using the tornado and can't steer when when using his side b, he no longer hops backwards when finishing the attack meaning if you go off the edge you'll probably die. palutena is also a newcomer and uses her staff to attack
now for fire emblem and earthbound: ikes back and unchanged, and robins in the game as a newcomer, chrom will be an assist trophy, ness and lucas are un changed,
now pokemon: this make alot of people upset, jigglypuff is the only veteran besides pikachu, well pkmn trainers back but uses different pokemon, greninja, braixen and chespin. greninja is like a mixture of shiek and squirtal, nimble with alot of water/ninja moves, braixen will please alot of people wanting a mage character, using her stick for fire based moves, chespin uses alot a needles and spikes in his attacks and is very physically based, next is blaziken, he acts exactly how you would expect, kicking, punching and swiping at his enemy with a nice fire effect, also new despite alot of people thinking his chances had deminished is zoroark, his character is actually complete and even has a final smash, he makes the stage look like another one while changing between pulling you in and pushing you away, it last for 10 secs, besides that he is very physically based.
now for the single rep veterans, captain falcon (as mentioned above), olimar, ice climbers, r.o.b. and mr game & watch,
newcomer single reps now, villager and wft obviously, we also have little mac, isaac is also here, these characters are still in early stages of development so i don't have much information on them, and shulk is in, lips not in sadly.
now for third party characters.....plus takamaru: i think they put takamaru here because he will be the game & watch from melee in this game, uses many samurai/ninja weapons in his moveset, pac-mans in but his moveset looks like its going to be the blandest of all the newcomers, he acts similar to sonic.[/COLLAPSE]
mother-god-meme.jpg

bobadz

Smash Ace
This was ChaosZero's leak for brawl. As you can see it was deleted. I think that whatever is leaked no one will believe the person who deleted it. Also Chupelo uploaded this picture not me. I take no credit.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope the next newcomer is another one out of left field, that'll let us see which rumors may be on to something.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
I just hope that Sakurai doesn't show Tingle as an Assist Trophpy, or most of the current (fake) leaks will get busted :o

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Idea: Everyone who brags about creating leaks to mess with us should be given this as their permanent picture:

It's the Leaky Bucket from Banjo-Kazooie.

This should include everyone who makes the lame joke, "I am Sakurai's besty, I know Ridley is [etc, etc]"

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
This was ChaosZero's leak for brawl. As you can see it was deleted. I think that whatever is leaked no one will believe the person who deleted it. Also Chupelo uploaded this picture not me. I take no credit.
Did he have Smash 4 leak as well?

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
In my opinion, this leak actually seems the most realistic. When was this one posted?
Very shortly after the whole Rosalina thing, if memory serves.

I would be pleased if that leak were true, despite the lack of K. Rool. I would say despite the lack of Ridley too, but I would not believe a leak that included him.

Not sure if I agree or not about that being the most realistic, but saying which dirty diaper smells the best is always difficult. The timing, and the full roster work against it anyway imo.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Here are the leaks I made:

Okay, here we go. I know I'll get a lot of hate for this, but trust me, I am telling the truth. Anyway, I am best friends with an employee of Namco Bandai and SSB4 developer, who has been telling me some info about SSB4. I've decided to leak it here. First of all, the E3 leak is 100% true.

Little Mac, Pac-Man and the Mii are all characters that are appearing in the game. The Mii can have customizable movesets, but Sakurai balanced it out pretty well with a points system. You have 100 points, and different moves cost a different amount of points. Stronger moves cost more points than weaker ones. There is always 1 free move in each category, so if you run out of points, it's no problem. You can also report offensive Miis during online play. Next, let's move on to Pac-Man.

Pac-Man uses mostly attacks from his arcade game, mixed in with a few moves from the newer games. His main attacks include rolling into enemies, chomping and eating them, and bouncing downwards quickly. He also uses a chain of dots as a tether recovery, and a cherry as an explosive ("Cherry Bomb"). He is currently set to be revealed at E3 2014, although that might change.

Meanwhile, Little Mac has a unique gimmick, Star Collection. The more damage Mac does, the more stars he gets. His Neutral and Up Specials use stars to get stronger. He also borrows moves his enemies use, as well as a zair which uses a boxing glove attached to a chain. Now, let's move on to newcomers you don't know about yet.

As you may be able to tell, Sakurai wants to give most characters a unique gimmick. The 2 other newcomers Sakurai and the team are currently (there will be more) working on shows that. They are Muddy Mole and Zoroark, 2 characters Sakurai found massive potential in. For those who don't know, Muddy Mole is from a retro game called Mole Mania. Muddy's main gimmick is digging. He can dig through the ground by holding down his Down Special. The team is still fixing a few glitches with him, but he's pretty much done.

Meanwhile, Zoroark is the character the team is working on as of now. She will have the Illusion ability, where she disguises herself as another character. If she gets hit, then she will appear normal for a few seconds. Her attacks and hitbox will not change, even if she is disguised as, say, Kirby. It's quite an obvious disguise, but it can sometimes fool people. There are quite a few glitches with her still to work on, so don't expect to see her any time soon.

The uniqueness factor also factors in to other veteran's movesets. Take, for instance, Lucario. He starts out as a Riolu now, and after 20% he becomes a Lucario. After 100%, he evolves into Mega Lucario, who is much stronger. Sadly, since we have both Lucario and Zoroark, this means Mewtwo isn't appearing. Sakurai said that Lucario had a more important role in the games, and decided to not use the anime as a factor of importance this time. Sorry, Mewtwo fans, but just isn't happening.

So, that's all I'll tell you for now, if you have any questions, feel free to ask your questions in the comments! I may not know, but it's worth a try! See you later!
Now I know what youre thinking. Im a fake like all the others. Well, Im not. Im an actual developer of Namco-Bandai working on SSB4. I know the entire roster Sakurai has planned. Here are the characters planned:

Mario/Yoshi/Wario series: Nothing new except Rosalina.

DK series: Dixie and Kiddy are a newcomer tag-team, who act like a combo of the Ice Climbers and Zelda/Sheik. They are a transformation character, but the character not being used attacks as a CPU.

Zelda series: There will be a newcomer, Midna. She rides on Wolf Link, and is very unique because of the mount. Actully, she was the only reason Sakurai chose the Twilight Princess designs over the SS ones!

Metroid, Kid Icarus, Kirby, F-Zero and Pikmin series: Nothing new here.

Star Fox series: Fox and Falco. Wolf was cut.

Pokémon series: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo, Blaziken. Pokémon Trainer was cut. Blaziken borrows moves from Infernape and Emboar, like Heat Crash.

Fire Emblem series: Marth, Roy and Tharja. Ike was cut. Roy was chosen as a fan-favorite, but sadly, he has a moveset ported from Melee, meaning he will be a clone. Tharja will be very unique, and was chosen to be different from Marth and Roy.

Earthbound series: Just Ness.

Retro series: 2 newcomers: Muddy Mole and Duck Hunt Dog. Muddy Moles digging ability is implemented into his move set and, I must say, is very fun to play around with. Duck Hunt Dog is also very interesting in that you can target people with the joystick and shoot them from the 4th wall.

Other series: The Little Mac/Pac-Man/Mii rumor is true. Miis have a customizable moveset, although is is balanced out very well in my opinion. Little Mac has a very unique gimmick of Star Collection as well, where he can get stars by dealing damage. Those stars improve his Neutral and Up Special's power. Snake's been cut as well.

Assist Trophies: All the assist trophies from Brawl return, except Gray Fox. In addition, there is a new Kid Icarus assist trophie, the Eggplant Wizard. Many other trophies are added as well.

There are also bosses only on the Wii U version that a 5th player can control with the Gamepad. The bosses include Hydreigon, Yin-Yarn, King Boo, Dr. Kawashima, and of course Yellow Devil. In the adventure mode on both versions, before fighting Master Hand, you fight the new Fighting Android Crew, which are 4 robots that can transform into random fighters at will. On the 3DS, instead of the boss battles, Target Smash will return and will be like Melee's, but with only 1 level per franchise.

So, that's about all I know, but I might know any answers to questions you ask in the comments! Feel free to ask anything you want, but I still might not know it. Peace out!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That one was posted not long after Rosalina's reveal. It sounds realistic enough, since the crappiest leaked rosters have a habit of being the real ones, but I'm still skeptical because of how similar it is to the Journalist Leak, which didn't have Toon Link or Rosalina. Seems to me that someone just corrected that, cut a few veterans and Ridley, and claimed it to be true.

In terms of pulling up the old fake ones that Smashboards users made, that was mainly so that, if someone asks, "Hey, what about this leak? Could it be true?" we'll know that, no, it actually isn't.

Also, I called the second one being yours after reading through it, Fortanono.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I read this on some site I found but I didn't take note of the name.(I was looking over stuff to take note of for the leak I have)

Anyway here is what it said:

There are 50 characters in the game exactly.

All the Mario characters have been shown already, although chain chomp is an assist trophy. The babies come out with him and running around the stage hitting everyone.

Donkey Kong: No are new no reps and diddy kong returns. Trixie is only in the game as a trophy as well as funkey kong, and crankey kong. King K Rool is was considered playable but was cut. There is talk of him being DLC though.

Stage Builder returns with more parts and various depending on the version.

The Zelda characters are the same with slightly different moves( such as ganondorf having his sword.) The new rep isn't anyone you would expect, it's vatti from four swords. He has a variety of magic and wind based attacks.

Kirby gets one new rep In addition to it's past reps, knuckle Joe. Sakurai has given many hints toward this with various references in daily pics to Kirby Right Back Atcha!. Meta knight is a bit more balanced as per requested.

Yoshi remains a single rep.

Metroid Finally gets ridley as a character. He took a lot to get in but has a few bugs in him so they are waiting before showing him off. He is thought to be shown off sometime in September.

Zero Suit samus returns as well as sheik for Zelda.

Ice climbers and are back but won't be shown off before release as well as R.O.B., Falco, and Jigglypuff.

Ness will be shown off as will as lucas before release. Earthbound doesn't get a new rep though.

Pokémon Trainer, ike and snake are cut. Snake almost made it but plans fell out last minute.

Pokémon gets two new reps though, blaziken and mewtwo to hype the announcement of Pokken Fighters coming out early next year. Mewtwo is for a direct announcing Pokken fighters officially. Even though he was in melee he is getting a trailer for his return showing off his armor as an costume and his mega's as transformations. His final smash will be psystrike and Blaziken's is Fire Pledge.

The new fire emblem rep in place of Ike is Henry, Sakurai really liked him in the game and included some of his lines as taunts, Such as yay Blood!.

Warioware Gets one new rep as well, Kat and Anna. They are the reason for Ashley being an assist trophy. They work similar to the ice climbers but are still different.

Kid Icarus gets two new reps, Palutena and Lord , Gaol. Sakurai really took a liking to them while making Uprising and wanted to have two more reps for it because of the success of the game. Magnus is an assist trophy and Virdi appears In the stage shown off already with the reset bombs factory. She is the one who comes in and drops them on the field.

Villager's final Smash uses the golden tools for a short period of time.

Rosalina and Luma's involve her crashing the observatory into the stage, damaging all nearby opponents.

Megaman's is going to be kept a secret from everyone for now.

Jigglypuff's final smash is now moonblast. Several others have been changed as well, such as luigi's now sucks opponents up in a giant vacuum and shoots them out.

Little mac, miis and pac man are in as thought of before. They are all planned for E3 2014 as thought to. Little mac's final smash is also being kept secret from us right now. The miis's and pacman's aren't though. The mii's use a super magic to summon the ultimate ghost to fight for them for a few seconds. He instantly kills you if he hits you. Pac man's is where he takes one of the glowing pellets and starts to glow being able to chomp down on anyone in his way. While his final smash is going on the original Pac Man board's music plays.

Dillon from Dillon's rolling western has also been made playable due to it's popularity. He plays similar to sonic but only with a few of his moves.

Shadow has also been made playable with his announcement date being unknown at the moment. He fights with a lot of attacks based of the Dark Brotherhood chronicles so he isn't a sonic clone.

Takamaru is also being worked on although he may be pushed back to DLC due to a late start on his development.

Geno is also in the works but there is a slim chance it will fall out since it took a lot of negotiating to put in though.

Prince Fluff is playable but being counted as a separate game franchise since kirby's epic yarn was going to be only about him first.

Paper Mario is in but is in the same state as Prince Fluff.

Isaac is also in the game.

Some new assist trophy's are: The pacman ghosts, koops, and waddle dee who throws spears at opponents.

I have some more info but won't disclose it at the time.

One last bit though is Reggie will be added as Reggie had said himself if the petition keeps getting signatures but Sakurai doesn't think it will reach the goal.

I think this could be true but we will have to see. I would put this in a spoiler but I have no idea how. What are your thoughts? I may look for more rumors later to post here.

peachy!

super princess
That one was posted not long after Rosalina's reveal. It sounds realistic enough, since the crappiest leaked rosters have a habit of being the real ones.
That's what I think, too.

I can't complain if that ends up being the final roster. I know not all of my top-wanted characters will make it into the game, but no Ridley, K. Rool, and Shulk? :( I understand Dillon and Lip not making the cut, but those other three are among the most-requested.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I read this on some site I found but I didn't take note of the name.(I was looking over stuff to take note of for the leak I have)

All the Mario characters have been shown already, although chain chomp is an assist trophy. The babies come out with him and running around the stage hitting everyone.

Donkey Kong: No are new no reps and diddy kong returns. Trixie is only in the game as a trophy as well as funkey kong, and crankey kong. King K Rool is was considered playable but was cut. There is talk of him being DLC though.

The Zelda characters are the same with slightly different moves( such as ganondorf having his sword.) The new rep isn't anyone you would expect, it's vatti from four swords. He has a variety of magic and wind based attacks.

Kirby gets one new rep In addition to it's past reps, knuckle Joe. Sakurai has given many hints toward this with various references in daily pics to Kirby Right Back Atcha!. Meta knight is a bit more balanced as per requested.

Metroid Finally gets ridley as a character. He took a lot to get in but has a few bugs in him so they are waiting before showing him off. He is thought to be shown off sometime in September.

Ice climbers and are back but won't be shown off before release as well as R.O.B., Falco, and Jigglypuff.

Ness will be shown off as will as lucas before release. Earthbound doesn't get a new rep though.

Pokémon Trainer, ike and snake are cut. Snake almost made it but plans fell out last minute.

Pokémon gets two new reps though, blaziken and mewtwo to hype the announcement of Pokken Fighters coming out early next year. Mewtwo is for a direct announcing Pokken fighters officially. Even though he was in melee he is getting a trailer for his return showing off his armor as an costume and his mega's as transformations. His final smash will be psystrike and Blaziken's is Fire Pledge.

The new fire emblem rep in place of Ike is Henry, Sakurai really liked him in the game and included some of his lines as taunts, Such as yay Blood!.

Warioware Gets one new rep as well, Kat and Anna. They are the reason for Ashley being an assist trophy. They work similar to the ice climbers but are still different.

Kid Icarus gets two new reps, Palutena and Lord , Gaol. Sakurai really took a liking to them while making Uprising and wanted to have two more reps for it because of the success of the game. Magnus is an assist trophy and Virdi appears In the stage shown off already with the reset bombs factory. She is the one who comes in and drops them on the field.

Rosalina and Luma's involve her crashing the observatory into the stage, damaging all nearby opponents.

Jigglypuff's final smash is now moonblast. Several others have been changed as well, such as luigi's now sucks opponents up in a giant vacuum and shoots them out.

Little mac, miis and pac man are in as thought of before. They are all planned for E3 2014 as thought to. Little mac's final smash is also being kept secret from us right now. The miis's and pacman's aren't though. The mii's use a super magic to summon the ultimate ghost to fight for them for a few seconds. He instantly kills you if he hits you. Pac man's is where he takes one of the glowing pellets and starts to glow being able to chomp down on anyone in his way. While his final smash is going on the original Pac Man board's music plays.

Dillon from Dillon's rolling western has also been made playable due to it's popularity. He plays similar to sonic but only with a few of his moves.

Shadow has also been made playable with his announcement date being unknown at the moment. He fights with a lot of attacks based of the Dark Brotherhood chronicles so he isn't a sonic clone.

Takamaru is also being worked on although he may be pushed back to DLC due to a late start on his development.

Geno is also in the works but there is a slim chance it will fall out since it took a lot of negotiating to put in though.

Prince Fluff is playable but being counted as a separate game franchise since kirby's epic yarn was going to be only about him first.

Some new assist trophy's are: The pacman ghosts, koops, and waddle dee who throws spears at opponents.

One last bit though is Reggie will be added as Reggie had said himself if the petition keeps getting signatures but Sakurai doesn't think it will reach the goal.

I think this could be true but we will have to see. I would put this in a spoiler but I have no idea how. What are your thoughts? I may look for more rumors later to post here.
I reverted the post in hopes of seeing a well made leak, but I was terribly disappointed.

Last edited:

Poots

Smash Journeyman
I can only imagine how frustrating it is for those people who upload legitimate leaks.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Stopped reading after Henry and Dark Lord Gaol.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Zoroarkrules said he was going to make a false leak for "our enjoyment" a few days ago, so there it is. Funny, when I was going over the leaks last night, I noticed that, with most of the Smashboards user false leaks, the leak's author is the one to post it in this thread, usually accompanied by a comment like "Have you guys seen this one?" or "I found this somewhere, check it out!" Just a heads-up for whatever future ones lie in store.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord

geno ruined it for me, clearly fake and pokken fighters isn't an actual game it is conceptual showing what they could do, or at least thats what was said.
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/08/2...s-pokemon-wii-u-images-are-merely-conceptual/

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Funny, when I was going over the leaks last night, I noticed that, with most of the Smashboards user false leaks, the leak's author is the one to post it in this thread, usually accompanied by a comment like "Have you guys seen this one?" or "I found this somewhere, check it out!" Just a heads-up for whatever future ones lie in store.
Pretty sure they say that so potential backlash won't head their way.
And also,

[/COLLAPSE]
I really want this link to be a thing. Too bad it will only be confirmed/deconfirmed later down the line, unless an unexpected character returns soon.[/quote]

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm really surprised these 'leaks" aren't saying Knuckles, Tails, or any other Sonic character are playable characters. I doubt any of them will, but I expected to see them on at least a few of the "leaks". I have zero hope for this, but I would love to see Dr. Robotnik (Not stupid Dr. Eggman lol, I wish they'd do his older version) as a player :)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
They say that because they suspect most people wouldn't think that someone would post their own leak into a leaks thread. But, based on precedent, that's exactly what's happening.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
@ BKupa666 BKupa666
Could you list dates with each of those leaks? I'm somewhat confused as to whether or not most of those were revealed before or after Rosalina's reveal.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@ BKupa666 BKupa666
Could you list dates with each of those leaks? I'm somewhat confused as to whether or not most of those were revealed before or after Rosalina's reveal.
I might do that later, right now I don't have the time (although it's pretty easy to do just by searching for each leak within this thread). I did list them in chronological order in my post, however, if that's any help at the moment.

Upon fact-checking your question about Rosalina, everything up until the ThatWasPeachy Fake Leak came before Rosalina's reveal, which was on December 18th. The Betternet Roster Leak was the first leak to come after Rosalina's reveal, on December 20th. The fact that it came so close after her reveal leads me to believe some impostor just revised the old Journalist Leak with Rosalina (and Toon Link and Takamaru, replacing Ike, Lucas and Ridley), but who knows.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
But the only thing I don't like is the representation of Pokemon. More than Mario. :p
How come?
No (just checked) it's Nook, Sakurai just screwed up I guess. That's his New Leaf sweater. Kind of like how the Bowser and Link model is a little off.

As far as the other "leak" that just popped up. It looks like it was ripped from GAMEFAQS top most wanted making sure to leave out anything that's mostly hated over there (Takamaru, Shulk, Isaac). Basically leaving out anybody who would honestly bring something new in favor of JUST popular characters. I'm certain that's fake.

EDITS: Also no cuts, and the only characters who get "decloned" are the targets for getting cut - Wolf and Falco.
Why are they hated?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
It was created on the 20th of last month on gamefaqs. It was deleted before it was even able to get any comments cached with it. Roster looks okay, not insanely fanbased like the WFT booty attack one so I'm thinking this may be close to what we get honestly.

Why are they hated?
Gamefaqs (for the most part), is very narrowed minded and only wants Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and Fire Emblem. While K.Rool is looked at a bit negatively, they will be gracious and allow him entrance I guess.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
New one.

[COLLAPSE="MegaGyrados Leak"]
I have been using GameFAQs under another account for several years now. I created this account for the sole purpose of anonymity. I have seen an influx of fake leakers recently on this board. You have absolutely no reason to believe me, and I know that. I don't have a friend that works for Namco, and I didn't have a personal conference with Sakurai. I will not tell you how I got this information, because I could potentially expose myself if I did. I have some information that I'd like to share with you.

-No characters have been cut yet. However, there are characters that have received incredibly low priority, and haven't been completed yet. These characters include Snake, Lucas, and several newcomers such as Chibi Robo, and Isaac from Golden Sun. These characters may not make it in to the final version, as previously stated, little to no work has been done for them.

-Chrom will be the next revealed newcomer.

-Little Mac is in the game, and has been completed. He is planned to be revealed some time around E3, but this could change.

-Bowser Jr is an assist trophy.

-Doshin the Giant is a character that the development team has been playing around with for a while. Currently, he is planned as an assist trophy, but the team wants to make him playable somehow.

-In early development, they were trying to choose a character to join Little Mac as a new retro addition. Takamaru, Excitebiker, and Urban Champion were considered. The team has ruled out Excitebiker. They have started work on both Urban Champion and Takamaru, but have decided that if only one can be included, that Takamaru will receive higher priority.

-Tempo and Tappy are an assist trophy.

-Sylveon, Hawlucha, Xerneas, and Yveltal are all Pokeball Pokemon.

For the sake of not overloading everyone, I shall stop here. I have more information to share, and after Chrom is revealed, I shall share more. This is to show that this leak has credibility.

You can consider this a rumor for now. I will answer some questions, but not all. I will not tell you the full roster. I will not tell you all of the assist trophies. But if you have a smaller question, I might answer it.

Development is almost finalized. Most veterans and newcomers have been finished. But if you think that everything is completely finished, then you are delusional.

Palutena is included.

She is one of the characters that we knew needed to be included. She's also one of the few characters that aren't curveballs.[/COLLAPSE]

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I was looking through that lackluster leak from GameFAQS and noticed that he said that Mewtwo's Final Smash would be Psycho Break which is Mewtwo's signature move. But that's its Japanese name. The English name is Psystrike. Do they bother with changing names for the Smash series?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
New one.

[COLLAPSE="MegaGyrados Leak"]
I have been using GameFAQs under another account for several years now. I created this account for the sole purpose of anonymity. I have seen an influx of fake leakers recently on this board. You have absolutely no reason to believe me, and I know that. I don't have a friend that works for Namco, and I didn't have a personal conference with Sakurai. I will not tell you how I got this information, because I could potentially expose myself if I did. I have some information that I'd like to share with you.

-No characters have been cut yet. However, there are characters that have received incredibly low priority, and haven't been completed yet. These characters include Snake, Lucas, and several newcomers such as Chibi Robo, and Isaac from Golden Sun. These characters may not make it in to the final version, as previously stated, little to no work has been done for them.

-Chrom will be the next revealed newcomer.

-Little Mac is in the game, and has been completed. He is planned to be revealed some time around E3, but this could change.

-Bowser Jr is an assist trophy.

-Doshin the Giant is a character that the development team has been playing around with for a while. Currently, he is planned as an assist trophy, but the team wants to make him playable somehow.

-In early development, they were trying to choose a character to join Little Mac as a new retro addition. Takamaru, Excitebiker, and Urban Champion were considered. The team has ruled out Excitebiker. They have started work on both Urban Champion and Takamaru, but have decided that if only one can be included, that Takamaru will receive higher priority.

-Tempo and Tappy are an assist trophy.

-Sylveon, Hawlucha, Xerneas, and Yveltal are all Pokeball Pokemon.

For the sake of not overloading everyone, I shall stop here. I have more information to share, and after Chrom is revealed, I shall share more. This is to show that this leak has credibility.

You can consider this a rumor for now. I will answer some questions, but not all. I will not tell you the full roster. I will not tell you all of the assist trophies. But if you have a smaller question, I might answer it.

Development is almost finalized. Most veterans and newcomers have been finished. But if you think that everything is completely finished, then you are delusional.

Palutena is included.

She is one of the characters that we knew needed to be included. She's also one of the few characters that aren't curveballs.[/COLLAPSE]
I'm 99% sure this is fake because of the Snake thing. Why would Sakurai go through the trouble of getting the rights to Snake, but then possibly not use him? It's either Snake or no Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom