• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I admittedly don't pay a lot of attention here, but I wonder why nobody's predicting Palutena?

And considering that Sakurai is in balance mode, can we now prove any leak that asserts that certain characters are still under development as false? (edit: geez, missing two keywords here)

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Don't argue semantics.
I realize that farming and shopping are highly similair, but the distinction is important. After all, one of them involves much less chicken killing.

Now where did I put my chicken decapitation axe? I need to go grocery shopping.

Morbi

Scavenger
Why do people even believe the ones that state "a character is still in development" or "We are planning on adding etc"? We already know the roster is finalized so they wouldn't still be working on characters minus balancing.
Do we objectively know? Did Sakurai ever actually state that? I believe the assumption is that the roster is finalized, that doesn't mean that it literally is.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
"Please, sir, may more have some more leaks?"

I work for Bandai Namco and I am currently involved in development of the next Super Smash Brothers. Obviously I do not directly work with Sakurai nor do I have the full roster of Super Smash Brothers 4. Sakurai tries his best to keep all that information locked up tight. However, I have talked to a few coworkers and managed to get a decent amount of information.

-The Mii has been complete...etc

However this is all I currently know
He works on the game but basically knows nothing of it's future developments? Just a few characters? Another to add to the fake list surely? (Probs has been anyways).

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Morbid is right about one thing. The roster is finalized, but all that means is Sakurai has a list of characters that will be worked on throughout the production of the game. It's the goal they're working towards, not necessarily what we'll end up seeing. Whether or not all of them get in depends on how quickly they get through developments for each character.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Could someone post a link to where Sakurai states that the game is in balance mode? I don't remember him ever saying that.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't think Wario has even been confirmed as a plumber. In fact, I hear more people on the Internet claim he's a mechanic (even though it there's no actual proof of such thing). We do know he's a game maker (WarioWare) but I think that's it.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The game has been in development only about a month less than Brawl was when it went platinum; the "early stages" have long since past. People might point out character like Sonic with Brawl but even he was completed an estimated 7-8 months before the game came out. If anything, the roster was probably finalized a month or two ago at the latest. .
So basically, it's just a matter of finding out which veteran made it in and which one didn't.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Alright, um...

Hello. I'm APC99. Your new OP. I'd like to start by saying, I'll be updating the OP with the rumors as they pop up, but I'd appreciate some help. If people could PM me the older rumors from the thread, I'll add them to the OP as I have the time. The OP shall be updated with at least 3 new rumors tonight, but I look forward to leading the facepalming at GameFAQs and contemplating the mysteries of the mind of Sakurai.

So, LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
despite some of the more...... shall I say "********" leaks, In the back of my mind I think...what is this one guy is legit???? but then I quickly dismiss it.
by the by....waaay back when Brawls final roster was revealed, how close to launch was the leak?

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
despite some of the more...... shall I say "********" leaks, In the back of my mind I think...what is this one guy is legit???? but then I quickly dismiss it.
by the by....waaay back when Brawls final roster was revealed, how close to launch was the leak?
Going off some old gamefaqs thread I found, apparently the whole roster was 'confirmed' a few days before the Japanese release date.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
iirc the Brawl leaks that wound up being true didn't happen until a month or two before release (I could be forgetting some though, there were a handful of valid leaks - though no single leak had the whole roster), so I wouldn't get overly invested in any of the ones we've seen so far. The only one that imo has a good chance of panning out is the Pac, Mac, Mii one.

ChronoBound would probably be the best person to ask about the full details and time frame of Brawl's leaks.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The one predicting the Dragoon items were fairly early on.

IIRC, they had to be dug up a long time after the claim was made, as that's when the item was confirmed.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
October 07... I guess that's earlier than the other leaks, but three months before release is itself probably still several months away this time around (not that it'll be exactly the same).

But yeah, good thing they saved and found it. It almost makes APC's job justifiable. :troll:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
interesting stuff...thanks guys! I thought it was a few weeks before brawls release in japan. im assuming the gent that leaked the roster was never heard from again? did he give the generic opening statement about how he worked for sakurai/Nintendo?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
interesting stuff...thanks guys! I thought it was a few weeks before brawls release in japan. im assuming the gent that leaked the roster was never heard from again? did he give the generic opening statement about how he worked for sakurai/Nintendo?
There were two people who were right: ChaosZero and NyaseNya.

NyaseNya said that Sonic Ness, Toon Link, Jigglypuff, Sonic and Olimar were in. She claimed that Sonic would be shown on Wednesday. Her leak wasn't liked because she said the game would have been delayed and Megaman was not in the game. Despite being right, her thread was locked.

ChaosZero said Wolf, Lucario, Sheik, Falco, Ganondorf, and Captain Falcon. He described the item that would be the Dragoon. There was less of an issue of his leak because of the dragoon being so specific where, with NyasNya, everyone expected Sonic and his reveal coincided with a conference.

Both were very late. NyasNya was in October and ChaosZero was in December/January. They never had the whole picture and they knew specific information. There are some other guys who had the number of stages and ROB. I don't remember them. I don't think they said anything that could be proven before the game released. I think it got swept under the rug. They were MarkMan, Reno, & PORTRAITofRUIN. Here is a thread for all the leak.
The only one that imo has a good chance of panning out is the Pac, Mac, Mii one.
At this point, it's fake. When the character weren't revealed at E3, the guy backpedaled hard and claimed Nintendo must have caught wind of it. This is in spite of the fact that these conferences are planned in advance and his rumor didn't really get out until the second day of the three day conference. 5 months later, we have 20 characters on the site (21 with Dedede) and the last newcomer was Rosalina. If these characters were planned to be shown in July, why have they not shown them off yet and instead opted for a character who may not have been ready. It was bogus to start and it's more bogus now.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
At this point, it's fake. When the character weren't revealed at E3, the guy backpedaled hard and claimed Nintendo must have caught wind of it. This is in spite of the fact that these conferences are planned in advance and his rumor didn't really get out until the second day of the three day conference. 5 months later, we have 20 characters on the site (21 with Dedede) and the last newcomer was Rosalina. If these characters were planned to be shown in July, why have they not shown them off yet and instead opted for a character who may not have been ready. It was bogus to start and it's more bogus now.
However, look at all the clues we have have gotten for Little Mac and the Mii. The Boxing Ring stage is extremely similar to the boxing ring in punch out. The Find Mii stage and the Pilotwings stage are from games with the Mii in it. And for Pac-Man, Bandai Namco is helping Nintendo develop SSB4, so it is extremely likely one of their characters will be included, probably Pac-Man, because of being the most popular.
As for why they were not revealed at E3, I have no idea, but the three characters mentioned are extremely likely to get in. Also, keep in mind that the leaker also said that Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Megaman would be revealed at E3, which they were. As far as I know, this leaker was the only person to predict Wii Fit Trainer.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I have never held much stock in that lil pac mii leak. the only thing that stands out is the WFT and to a lesser extent Villager. I agree with chu about it kinda going down the crapper after the later 3 not being shown. I highly doubt ninty would have pulled the plug on big name reveals because of a leak...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm guessing we'll see Little Mac, Pac-Man and Mii next E3.

Remember that time when the release of the next Pac-Man game was in unison with Punch-Out!!'s anniversary and the Wii Party U release date, and some people thought that it meant they would all be confirmed that week?

Yeah, I was one of them. Good times.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I'm guessing that Nintendo pulled the plug on the last 3 because six newcomer reveals may have been a bit too many for E3, considering one of the newcomers revealed was Megaman. Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-man might be revealed at E3 2014.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I thought we had moved past the whole "the E3 leak is false because Sakurai isn't revealing the characters in the order that I think he needs to for it to be true" lunacy. God damn it.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
The Leaky 3 and Little Pac Mii nicknames always annoyed me.

If they're in, it's not because of the leak. I can see Mac and Mii but not really Pac.
I've predicted their inclusion before that leak.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Perhaps I phrased it poorly. I think there's a good chance all the characters in the "leak" will be included, and the leaker's claims, as far as characters go, will pan out correctly. The actual leak itself... it didn't come true. It's possible Nintendo caught wind of it, but even if they did, it's highly highly highly unlikely they would bother changing their E3 plans over it.

I meant it would pan out in the same way somebody's prediction roster would pan out if they hypothetically guessed all the characters correctly (which has never and likely will never happen, just an example though), or if despite somebody admitting they falsified a leak, it still wound up being accurate. In that vein, I think there's a good chance we will get all six characters in that "leak", regardless of the leak's validity.

Though of the three remaining the only one I care about is Mac.

Oh and ChaosZero's leak was in October too.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Perhaps I phrased it poorly. I think there's a good chance all the characters in the "leak" will be included, and the leaker's claims, as far as characters go, will pan out correctly. The actual leak itself... it didn't come true. It's possible Nintendo caught wind of it, but even if they did, it's highly highly highly unlikely they would bother changing their E3 plans over it.

I meant it would pan out in the same way somebody's prediction roster would pan out if they hypothetically guessed all the characters correctly (which has never and likely will never happen, just an example though), or if despite somebody admitting they falsified a leak, it still wound up being accurate. In that vein, I think there's a good chance we will get all six characters in that "leak", regardless of the leak's validity.

Basically my thought on the whole matter as well

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

Couldn't have said it better

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
October 07... I guess that's earlier than the other leaks, but three months before release is itself probably still several months away this time around (not that it'll be exactly the same).

But yeah, good thing they saved and found it. It almost makes APC's job justifiable. :troll:
To be fair... Brawl was originally planned to come out on December 2007... but was delayed to January 2008... and then later delayed to March 2008.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To be fair... Brawl was originally planned to come out on December 2007... but was delayed to January 2008... and then later delayed to March 2008.
Well, it still came out in Japan in January but didn't come to NA until March because they wanted to make sure they had enough copies for the launch or something like that.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Yeah, the thing is, there's no need to handle every leak we get with black-or-white rhetoric. Nothing has to be 100% accurate or inaccurate. With the E3 leak, half of it was accurate, and based on one, perhaps two of its characters, it's a very safe assumption that that half wasn't a lucky guess. In terms of the other half, there have been at least a dozen theories tossed around in relation to what went wrong, ranging from Nintendo pulling them from E3, the NeoGAF poster adding them on for one of a variety of personal reasons, the initial leaker adding them on for one of a variety of personal reasons, the initial leaker seeing the character names and assuming they were all intended for E3, the initial leaker seeing a list of candidates for an E3 reveal...

This is why it's wise to look at new GameFAQs leaks and point out the odd features that likely make it false, rather than pounce on the slightest abnormality (or, in the case of Rosalina being the next reveal, an understandable promotion-based regularity) as an indication that it's definitely not happening, kill it with fire.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I thought we had moved past the whole "the E3 leak is false because Sakurai isn't revealing the characters in the order that I think he needs to for it to be true" lunacy. God damn it.
You'd think three characters that are ripe and ready to go would be revealed as soon as possible.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You'd think three character that a all ripe and ready to go would be revealed as soon as possible.
A whopping three newcomer reveals churned out as soon as they're ripe and ready to go when the game doesn't so much as have a release date yet? And when, based on Sakurai's interview, the entire roster is completed, and just needs balancing and polishing? And when Rosalina made far more sense to reveal in close proximity to 3D World and Mario Kart's trailer? Not really.

If anything, Pacman not being shown off around the release of his latest trainwreck is more of a head-scratcher than him not being showcased at the precise moment his development is completed would be.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You'd think three characters that are ripe and ready to go would be revealed as soon as possible.
Maybe that's why they didn't show Rosalina on November 2013 when Super Mario 3D World came out... she wasn't feeling ripe yet! :awesome:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
A whopping three newcomer reveals churned out as soon as they're ripe and ready to go when the game doesn't so much as have a release date yet? And when, based on Sakurai's interview, the entire roster is completed, and just needs balancing and polishing? And when Rosalina made far more sense to reveal in close proximity to 3D World and Mario Kart's trailer? Not really.

If anything, Pacman not being shown off around the release of his latest trainwreck is more of a head-scratcher than him not being showcased at the precise moment his development is completed would be.
Still doesn't change that factor that it's been roughly 7 months and counting with no sign of these supposed completed characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom