• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
The only thing more painfull than all the, obvious fake rumours, are the horrible copy pasted "I now Sakura's cat and he say that sakurs assistanc send him picture of the rooster..."-jokes.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The only thing more painfull than all the, obvious fake rumours, are the horrible copy pasted "I now Sakura's cat and he say that sakurs assistanc send him picture of the rooster..."-jokes.
Dear god this.

And the troll faces after their jokes which negates any chance of the joke being funny

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi's new Island got a release date of March 14th in NA. Obviously hasn't always been the case but that could but the date of our Yoshi reveal.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yoshi's new Island got a release date of March 14th in NA. Obviously hasn't always been the case but that could but the date of our Yoshi reveal.
It'll probably be in summer, when the game releases in Japan.

Groose

Smash Champion
I can take over the OP if needed! I'm on almost every day, and I'm a pretty well-known guy in the community, so...

I
This guy is capable.

He gets my vote for the new thread owner from among those who have volunteered.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
22 months? Man you're optimistic, or lucky. Why I tried calling Ridley just the other day and here it is 5 years later and he finally called me back. That dude (dudette? I've always been too ashamed of not knowing to ask.) is a nightmare with planning. He's just so busy with being purple, and being a dragon thing, and being too big to fit in stuff.
He didnt change his phone number though the good ol dragon his number is too big though so you get connection charge for all the states.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah.. APC99 would be a great OP.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I also updated my old post with the NSider leak and one of the leaks BKupa found, the one with Hades and Master Hand.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
sakurai was sitting on my lap and he told me he loved me and Ridley will be in then he whispered in my ear

''wow your too big..wink wink''

PS:Sorry...had to do it....lmaooo no homo...even though...(-_-) lool

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
sakurai was sitting on my lap and he told me he loved me and Ridley will be in then he whispered in my ear

''wow your too big..wink wink''

PS:Sorry...had to do it....lmaooo no homo...even though...(-_-) lool
Glad you added the no homo. Because we all thought you were a homosexual and that that was a real event that happened.

Sometimes I hate this website

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'll compile a list of rumors & leaks I find through these pages here for the OP:

If all of these were true... well, that's kinda comforting to know that at least they considered Toad but it's still depressing that he is still not playable, especially when Waddle Dee is in and Toad is not... Sakurai's bias rearing its ugly head once again... and it is also disappointing that there's no brand-new, never-before-playable-in-Smash Pokemon characters... only the same old ones from Melee and Brawl, sans Pichu... why is this franchise still stuck in 1996 (1st gen Pokemon) and 2006 (Lucario)? It is time to move on with the times... I hope the Zelda newcomer is Tingle and not Ghirahaim... oh well, at least I got Dixie Kong, Little Mac, Chrom and Pac-Man to troll those haters who say they have no moveset potential. Also, no Takamaru? I find that hard to believe...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If all of these were true... well, that's kinda comforting to know that at least they considered Toad but it's still depressing that he is still not playable, especially when Waddle Dee is in and Toad is not... Sakurai's bias rearing its ugly head once again... and it is also disappointing that there's no brand-new, never-before-playable-in-Smash Pokemon characters... only the same old ones from Melee and Brawl, sans Pichu... why is this franchise still stuck in 1996 (1st gen Pokemon) and 2006 (Lucario)? It is time to move on with the times... I hope the Zelda newcomer is Tingle and not Ghirahaim... oh well, at least I got Dixie Kong, Little Mac, Chrom and Pac-Man to troll those haters who say they have no moveset potential. Also, no Takamaru? I find that hard to believe...
The problem with that "translator" leak is it's too predictable... It's the Elite 4/ Little Pac-Mii, plus other popular choices like Chrom, Mewtwo, Dixie and a Zelda newcomer.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
and it is also disappointing that there's no brand-new, never-before-playable-in-Smash Pokemon characters... only the same old ones from Melee and Brawl, sans Pichu... why is this franchise still stuck in 1996 (1st gen Pokemon) and 2006 (Lucario)? It is time to move on with the times...
The reason for the high representation of Gen 1 in Smash is that that is the popular generation. The majority of players (who are mostly casual) don't care about the recent Pokemon, but do about the iconic ones from when Pokemon took over the world pretty much back in the late 90s.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The reason for the high representation of Gen 1 in Smash is that that is the popular generation. The majority of players (who are mostly casual) don't care about the recent Pokemon, but do about the iconic ones from when Pokemon took over the world pretty much back in the late 90s.
Yes, but in 10 years from now... do you really expect the new fans of the franchise would care about the 1st gen characters when they got 7th gen, 8th gen, or even 9th gen in 10 years from now? Then who would SSB5 or SSB6 be targeting for in 2024? The middle aged fans who got into Pokemon 26 years ago (circa 1998) or the child and teenage fans who got into Pokemon within the last 10 years (circa 2013 to 2024)?

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Yes, but in 10 years from now... do you really expect the new fans of the franchise would care about the 1st gen characters when they got 7th gen, 8th gen, or even 9th gen in 10 years from now? Then who would SSB5 or SSB6 be targeting for in 2024? The middle aged fans who got into Pokemon 26 years ago (circa 1998) or the child and teenage fans who got into Pokemon within the last 10 years (circa 2013 to 2024)?
I still think that they'll remain the most iconic ones, yeah. Pikachu, Mewtwo, and the gen 1 starters will still be the big names, I reckon.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah... big names with little to no respect from the younger generations of gamers... just like Pac-Man...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Even in elementary schools nowadays, they don't sing the new anime themes. It's always "I wanna be the very best, that no one ever was". They weren't born until at least Gen. III. Us freshman are the same, we're the most familiar with the Kanto region, even though we were born after Red/Blue and our craze began with Gold/Silver. We can sing the PokeRap. You mention Pokemon, it's Pikachu, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Meowth, Squirtle, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, etc. You would be caught dead mentioning Tepig, Turtwig or whatever. The only ones even mentionable are Lucario, Blaziken, Celebi and Genesect.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
If you guys caught this during it's extremely short lifespan:

Now I know what youre thinking. Im a fake like all the others. Well, Im not. Im an actual developer of Namco-Bandai working on SSB4. I know the entire roster Sakurai has planned. Here are the characters planned:

Mario/Yoshi/Wario series: Nothing new except Rosalina.

DK series: Dixie and Kiddy are a newcomer tag-team, who act like a combo of the Ice Climbers and Zelda/Sheik. They are a transformation character, but the character not being used attacks as a CPU.

Zelda series: There will be a newcomer, Midna. She rides on Wolf Link, and is very unique because of the mount. Actully, she was the only reason Sakurai chose the Twilight Princess designs over the SS ones!

Metroid, Kid Icarus, Kirby, F-Zero and Pikmin series: Nothing new here.

Star Fox series: Fox and Falco. Wolf was cut.

Pokémon series: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo, Blaziken. Pokémon Trainer was cut. Blaziken borrows moves from Infernape and Emboar, like Heat Crash.

Fire Emblem series: Marth, Roy and Tharja. Ike was cut. Roy was chosen as a fan-favorite, but sadly, he has a moveset ported from Melee, meaning he will be a clone. Tharja will be very unique, and was chosen to be different from Marth and Roy.

Earthbound series: Just Ness.

Retro series: 2 newcomers: Muddy Mole and Duck Hunt Dog. Muddy Moles digging ability is implemented into his move set and, I must say, is very fun to play around with. Duck Hunt Dog is also very interesting in that you can target people with the joystick and shoot them from the 4th wall.

Other series: The Little Mac/Pac-Man/Mii rumor is true. Miis have a customizable moveset, although is is balanced out very well in my opinion. Little Mac has a very unique gimmick of Star Collection as well, where he can get stars by dealing damage. Those stars improve his Neutral and Up Special's power. Snake's been cut as well.

Assist Trophies: All the assist trophies from Brawl return, except Gray Fox. In addition, there is a new Kid Icarus assist trophie, the Eggplant Wizard. Many other trophies are added as well.

There are also bosses only on the Wii U version that a 5th player can control with the Gamepad. The bosses include Hydreigon, Yin-Yarn, King Boo, Dr. Kawashima, and of course Yellow Devil. In the adventure mode on both versions, before fighting Master Hand, you fight the new Fighting Android Crew, which are 4 robots that can transform into random fighters at will. On the 3DS, instead of the boss battles, Target Smash will return and will be like Melee's, but with only 1 level per franchise.

So, that's about all I know, but I might know any answers to questions you ask in the comments! Feel free to ask anything you want, but I still might not know it. Peace out!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Even in elementary schools nowadays, they don't sing the new anime themes. It's always "I wanna be the very best, that no one ever was". They weren't born until at least Gen. III. Us freshman are the same, we're the most familiar with the Kanto region, even though we were born after Red/Blue and our craze began with Gold/Silver. We can sing the PokeRap. You mention Pokemon, it's Pikachu, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Meowth, Squirtle, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, etc. You would be caught dead mentioning Tepig, Turtwig or whatever. The only ones even mentionable are Lucario, Blaziken, Celebi and Genesect.
Really? If what you are saying is true (I haven't stepped a foot in an elementary school since 1993) and kids nowadays prefer the 1st gen Pokemon over the later gens... then why isn't Meowth playable yet?!? Damn Pokemon Company for pushing their agenda on Sakurai to include the newer Pokemon in Smash to sell more merchandise.

No Toad? :cry:
Midna? WTF we don't need a third Link!
Dixie & Kiddy? Haters gonna hate! :troll:
No Ridley? Pass me the popcorn... I wanna watch the world burn. :troll:
Cuts? Ha! Take that, No Cutting Club!
Tharja? Now I am beginning to believe this is fake.
Muddy Mole? Awesome!

Duck Hunt Dog?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dixie and Kiddy duo? Midna riding Wolf Link? Blaziken? Tharja? Kawashima being a boss?

I'd be shocked if that weren't someone from Smashboards.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Dixie and Kiddy duo? Midna riding Wolf Link? Blaziken? Tharja? Kawashima being a boss?

I'd be shocked if that weren't someone from Smashboards.
The way they described Duck Hunt Dog sounds like they got it from my Duck Hunt Dog thread!

Professor Kawashima? Maybe the rumor was written by BluePikmin11. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be honest...

Kawashima being a boss sounds pretty awesome.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It would be cool if Professor Kawashima, as a boss, could turn into the devil... :evil:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Big thanks to all the volunteers for the OP position, especially the ones so selflessly offering to run this thread into the ground like many others already have been, but in the end APC99 will be the lucky one who gets to try to maintain order through all the existing and impending chaos of terrible terrible fake leaks and perhaps the occasional real one.

Good luck APC99!

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Christ, that's terrible. I guess he wants to sound legit by having the worst roster imaginable.

It's funny that Sakurai already said that he wouldn't be incorporating the gamepad.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

Also, congrats on becoming the new OP!!! :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom